Coronavirus updates here

432,053 Views | 4582 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Jacques Strap
quash
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Jacques Strap said:

https://www.statnews.com/2020/07/14/moderna-covid19-vaccine-first-data-show-spurs-immune-response/
First data for Moderna Covid-19 vaccine show it spurs an immune response

JULY 14, 2020

Moderna's Covid-19 vaccine led patients to produce antibodies that can neutralize the novel coronavirus that causes the disease, though it caused minor side effects in many patients, according to the first published data from an early-stage trial of the experimental shot.

The results were published Tuesday in the New England Journal of Medicine. Moderna had previously released some results in a press release, but many experts said they were not sufficient to draw many conclusions. Even now, many are withholding judgment.

"It certainly is a good beginning," said Betty Diamond, director at the Feinstein Institutes for Medical Research, who was not involved in the trial. "There are certainly lots of things we don't know yet right now."
Bought MRNA at 22, patted myself on the back for selling at 34. I should have been more patient. $75, dang.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Osodecentx
quash said:

Jacques Strap said:

https://www.statnews.com/2020/07/14/moderna-covid19-vaccine-first-data-show-spurs-immune-response/

JULY 14, 2020

Moderna's Covid-19 vaccine led patients to produce antibodies that can neutralize the novel coronavirus that causes the disease, though it caused minor side effects in many patients, according to the first published data from an early-stage trial of the experimental shot.

The results were published Tuesday in the New England Journal of Medicine. Moderna had previously released some results in a press release, but many experts said they were not sufficient to draw many conclusions. Even now, many are withholding judgment.

"It certainly is a good beginning," said Betty Diamond, director at the Feinstein Institutes for Medical Research, who was not involved in the trial. "There are certainly lots of things we don't know yet right now."
Bought MRNA at 22, patted myself on the back for selling at 34. I should have been more patient. $75, dang.
And headed higher. Now 85+
I missed it
Oldbear83
Osodecentx said:

quash said:

Jacques Strap said:

JULY 14, 2020

I missed it
Maybe not. I saw an interesting thing a couple weeks back. Remember in Forrest Gump how he invested in "that fruit company" and got wealthy off Apple? If you had bought Apple stock when you saw that movie, it would still have gained almost 25,000% from that time to now.

The moral is, a good deal is a good deal, and late into a good deal still gets you a winner.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
bear2be2
Canada2017 said:

LTbear said:

Some really good news indeed. The global scientific community has really rallied around taking down this virus. With this many people working on candidate vaccines, all the better odds that one will prove useful.

Have said from the very beginning of this pandemic .....

Our only hope is in the hands of a relatively few geniuses within the scientific community .

As our people are simply too undisciplined and selfish to insure the success of a lockdown .

Still betting on a viable vaccine by February .

I think that's optimistic. From what I've been hearing/reading, I'm confident we'll have a vaccine in 2021, but I think it will come in the second half of the year.
Aliceinbubbleland
Osodecentx said:

quash said:

Jacques Strap said:

JULY 14, 2020

I missed it
Until Moderna actually does something other than release "test" results to pump up their stock I won't trust them.
quash
Aliceinbubbleland said:

Osodecentx said:

quash said:

Jacques Strap said:

JULY 14, 2020

I missed it
Until Moderna actually does something other than release "test" results to pump up their stock I won't trust them.
Trust them for what? You won't use their product? I don't think anybody is asking you to.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Jacques Strap
quash said:

Jacques Strap said:

JULY 14, 2020

Been there done that in a few names although I didn't always take a gain like you did!
Jacques Strap
https://www.jpost.com/health-science/hebrew-u-scientist-drug-could-eradicate-covid-19-from-lungs-in-days-635028

Hebrew U. scientist: Drug could eradicate COVID-19 from lungs in days

JULY 15, 2020 21:12

Researchers at Israel's Hebrew University of Jerusalem and New York's Mount Sinai Medical Center believe they could potentially downgrade COVID-19's severity into nothing worse than a common cold.

New research by Hebrew University Prof. Ya'acov Nahmias and Sinai's Dr. Benjamin tenOever revealed that the FDA-approved drug Fenofibrate (Tricor) could reduce SARS-CoV-2's ability to reproduce or even make it disappear.

As such, Nahmias and tenOever spent the last three months studying what SARS-CoV-2 is doing to human lung cells. What they found is that the novel coronavirus prevents the routine burning of carbohydrates, which results in large amounts of fat accumulating inside lung cells a condition the virus needs to reproduce.

"By understanding how the SARS-CoV-2 controls our metabolism, we can wrestle back control from the virus and deprive it from the very resources it needs to survive," Nahmias said, noting that it also may help explain why patients with high blood sugar and cholesterol levels are often at a particularly high risk to develop COVID-19.

The team then reviewed a panel of eight already-approved drugs that could possibly interfere with the virus's ability to reproduce. Tricor caused the cells to start burning fat, Nahmias said. The result was that the virus almost completely disappeared within only five days of treatment.

The experiment was done in lab studies both in Israel and New York and was replicated several times with different lung samples. Nahmias said there is a strong indication that the experiment is highly repeatable in other labs.

The team is advancing to animal studies in New York and hoping to fast-track clinical studies in both Israel and the US within the next couple of weeks, since the drug is already proven safe.

The study is being published in this week's Cell Press's Sneak Peak. The work is being funded by the European Research Council, the Nikoh Foundation and the Sam and Rina Frankel Foundation.

curtpenn
quash said:

Jacques Strap said:

JULY 14, 2020

Similar situation here. Playing a bit with GENE today.
Jacques Strap
July 4 Total 1,308 | COVID 568 | 7 Day Avg. Growth Rate for ICU 4.3%
July 5 Total 1,307 | COVID 589 | 7 Day Avg. Growth Rate for ICU 4.3%
July 6 Total 1,362 | COVID 600 | 7 Day Avg. Growth Rate for ICU 4.0%
July 7 Total 1,364 | COVID 615 | 7 Day Avg. Growth Rate for ICU 3.7%
July 8 Total 1,394 | COVID 626 | 7 Day Avg. Growth Rate for ICU 3.3%
July 9 Total 1,394 | COVID 646 | 7 Day Avg. Growth Rate for ICU 3.2%
July 10 Total 1,420 | COVID 651 | 7 Day Avg. Growth Rate for ICU 3.0%
July 11 Total 1,368 | COVID 646 | 7 Day Avg. Growth Rate for ICU 2.3%
July 12 Total 1,365 | COVID 682 | 7 Day Avg. Growth Rate for ICU 2.0%
July 13 Total 1,352 | COVID 674 | 7 Day Avg. Growth Rate for ICU 1.9%
July 14 Total 1.359 | COVID 676 | 7 Day Avg. Growth Rate for ICU 1.5% COVID and overall ICU patient up a bit | Growth rate down
https://www.tmc.edu/coronavirus-updates/

The chart below has flattened a good bit since July 5 when the 7 Day Avg. Growth Rate for ICU was 4.3%.
*** 7 Day Avg. Growth Rate for ICU to 1.5% today ***

Jacques Strap
Bloomberg
*WALMART REQUIRES CUSTOMER FACE MASKS IN STORES STARTING JULY 20
*WALMART ANNOUNCES NEW U.S. MASK POLICY IN BLOG POST
*WALMART STORES WILL HAVE SINGLE ENTRANCE TO ENFORCE MASK USE

This WALMART customer is ahead of the game
Jacques Strap
Houston Methodist "COVID-19 Cases by Day" may be reaching a plateau. Click scroll to 2nd chart.

https://www.houstonmethodist.org/-/media/pdf/for-patients/Coronavirus/covid-19-stats.ashx
quash
The important thing now is to put the CDC in the dark.
Bexar Pitts
Jacques Strap said:

Bloomberg

Think there's any chance this guy might "have a few" while he's outback grillin ? Man has it GOIN' ON!!
Jacques Strap
July 4 Total 1,308 | COVID 568 | 7 Day Avg. Growth Rate for ICU 4.3%
July 5 Total 1,307 | COVID 589 | 7 Day Avg. Growth Rate for ICU 4.3%
July 6 Total 1,362 | COVID 600 | 7 Day Avg. Growth Rate for ICU 4.0%
July 7 Total 1,364 | COVID 615 | 7 Day Avg. Growth Rate for ICU 3.7%
July 8 Total 1,394 | COVID 626 | 7 Day Avg. Growth Rate for ICU 3.3%
July 9 Total 1,394 | COVID 646 | 7 Day Avg. Growth Rate for ICU 3.2%
July 10 Total 1,420 | COVID 651 | 7 Day Avg. Growth Rate for ICU 3.0%
July 11 Total 1,368 | COVID 646 | 7 Day Avg. Growth Rate for ICU 2.3%
July 12 Total 1,365 | COVID 682 | 7 Day Avg. Growth Rate for ICU 2.0%
July 13 Total 1,352 | COVID 674 | 7 Day Avg. Growth Rate for ICU 1.9%
July 14 Total 1.359 | COVID 676 | 7 Day Avg. Growth Rate for ICU 1.5%
July 15 Total 1.400 | COVID 678 | 7 Day Avg. Growth Rate for ICU 1.3%
https://www.tmc.edu/coronavirus-updates/

===================================

Look here for Houston Methodist "COVID-19 Cases by Day". Click scroll to 2nd chart.

[url=https://www.houstonmethodist.org/-/media/pdf/for-patients/Coronavirus/covid-19-stats.ashx][/url]https://www.houstonmethodist.org/-/media/pdf/for-patients/Coronavirus/covid-19-stats.ashx
riflebear
The media is so corrupt. The video the Post has here completely contradicts their tweet but of course they don't give the public the facts. Acosta from CNN did the same thing when she clearly says seconds later Science is ON OUR SIDE siting examples.

Florda_mike
She is a very pretty press secretary

Ok carry on
nein51
Who cares. Kid just died from bubonic plague in Mongolia. It's been a nice run.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Coronavirus Found in Sewage at Yosemite!

https://www.ctinsider.com/health/nhregister/article/There-were-no-reports-of-coronavirus-in-Yosemite-15414351.php

The moral of this story. Don't play in the sewage at Yosemite. A mask won't help you.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
LTbear
nein51 said:

Who cares. Kid just died from bubonic plague in Mongolia. It's been a nice run.
Mongolia? Hell, plague still exists in the US. We get something like an average of 7 cases a year.

I don't recall off hand where the last big outbreak was, but I want to say late 20th century in South America somewhere. I could obviously be wrong though.
Booray
Florda_mike said:

Ok carry on

She is whip smart,beautiful and evil to her core
Osodecentx
Booray said:

Florda_mike said:

Ok carry on

Evil? Political disagreement means evil?
Doc Holliday
Scandal brewing:

Booray
Osodecentx said:

Booray said:

Florda_mike said:

Ok carry on

Not usually. With her, yes.
Osodecentx
Booray said:

Osodecentx said:

Booray said:

Florda_mike said:

Ok carry on

Not usually. With her, yes.
Please don't go there (to 'my political opponent is evil' place)

Once there, it is difficult to return
Florda_mike
Doc Holliday said:

Scandal brewing:

Florda_mike
Doc Holliday said:

Scandal brewing:

Doc Holliday
Florda_mike
Why do all these supposed mistakes always lead to higher or absurdly higher numbers?

Why haven't they ever miscounted to the low side?

Are all these departments run by democrats?
Doc Holliday
Florda_mike said:

Why do all these supposed mistakes always lead to higher or absurdly higher numbers?

Why haven't they ever miscounted to the low side?

Are all these departments run by democrats?
The testing standards are faulty to begin with and everyone chose to follow those standards.
Florda_mike
Doc Holliday said:

^^^ I asked the other day if the COVID test could include other testing in it that would give a false positive for COVID

Pretty sure a doctor responded "no"

Could little ole Mikey outthunk a doctor about his own business?

My sister says all these departments in Texas are staffed by democrats keeping these numbers falsely inflated all the way up to CDC

Criminals shutting down economy
J.R.
Osodecentx said:

Booray said:

Florda_mike said:

Ok carry on

She is very sharp and very poised. That takes some freaking skill to recite Trumps lies and talk in circles during those briefings. So, much better than the Sara Sanders.
Florda_mike
J.R. said:

Osodecentx said:

Booray said:

Florda_mike said:

Ok carry on

She is very sharp and very poised. That takes some freaking skill to recite Trumps lies and talk in circles during those briefings. So, much better than the Sara Sanders.

Po ole JR spouts his TDS as expected

GoneGirl
Jacques Strap said:

Bloomberg

Sheesh! Easier just to not shop at Walmart.
GoneGirl
Booray said:

Florda_mike said:

Ok carry on

She is whipsmart and evil to the core. But she looks like she escaped from a mannekin factory. Please catch it and put it back in the window at Macy's.
First Page Last Page
Page 100 of 131

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.