Giuliani on Ingraham saying 669 tests Hydroxychloroquine .....

7,870 Views | 96 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by HuMcK
Florda_mike
How long do you want to ignore this user?
On people over 70 .....

5 hospitalizations

0 deaths

It's working!
D. C. Bear
Probably has bad information or we would be hearing about it from other sources.
ABC BEAR
D. C. Bear said:

Probably has bad information or we would be hearing about it from other sources.
Some sources won't report it because it is good news.
riflebear
midgett
ABC BEAR said:

D. C. Bear said:

Some sources won't report it because it is good news.

Color me skeptical. Something that successful would be picked up by several MSM for fear of being the last to report.

Hope I'm wrong and it's the cure.
Canada2017
God knows I hope this drug works .

But this almost seems too easy .

Why wouldn't the Chinese use it if the drug works so well ?
Mitch Blood Green
I read this two days ago. I have no doubt that something will work shortly.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/williamhaseltine/2020/03/25/hydroxychloroquine-is-ineffective-in-treatment-of-patients-hospitalized-with-covid-19-according-to-small-controlled-trial-from-shanghai/
J.R.
Rudy and Laura...riggggggt
Oldbear83
Canada2017 said:

China does not report honestly.

My wife got back from Hong Kong last week (she spent a month caring for her 93-year-old mom), and we have been watching the news from the PRC and comparing it to other sources. There are very obvious contradictions when you do that.

First. China had stockpiles of drugs used to treat SARS which they found to be effective in treating COVID patients. Problem is, those SARS drugs are not produced in any real quantity outside China and the PRC is only willing to sell them at high prices. A cost-efficient alternative would be against the PRC's economic advantage.

Second, despite claims that they are ending lockdowns, actual video of major China cities shows deserted streets in every case. No one is going back to anything like normal there.

Third, all medical data reported from China is controlled by the state. Media reporting on cases, recoveries, hospitalizations, and deaths in China get that data from the WHO, who get it from China's government. Only China's politburo knows the actual numbers.

That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
I hope it works. I am skeptical.

If diet pills worked there would be few fat people.

If hair pills work there would be few bald people.

If this cheap new common treatment worked at the rate it has been advertised the virus would be leaving quicker than it came.

PS Glad your wife got back safely

It isnt.
I have found theres only two ways to go:
Living fast or dying slow.
I dont want to live forever.
But I will live while I'm here.
contrario
Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

If this cheap new common treatment worked at the rate it has been advertised the virus would be leaving quicker than it came.

It isnt.
I have no idea if it will work, but comparing a drug that is known for curing other viruses to a diet pill is just fcking stupid.
PTGHUNTER

I know from a couple sources some people are going back to work in China.

I talked to a friend who is COO of a company that produces a lot of stuff in China and he said their production is back up to 85% capacity but demand for their products are down.

The parent company of the company I work for does a lot of business in China. They had a call Thursday and the CEO told employees that "China operations are basically back up and running" and the COO told employees that China operations are "almost returned to normal". Both of those quotes were related to their business but I assume it would mirror other businesses over there.

Florda_mike
D. C. Bear said:

You're standing at the peak, absolute peak, of naivety

Unless above post was sarcasm?
Florda_mike
Canada2017 said:

China is saying they have no more cases ^^^
Florda_mike
contrario said:

It isnt.
I have no idea if it will work, but comparing a drug that is known for curing other viruses to a diet pill is just fcking stupid.

Yep stupid indeed

There are many here and everywhere not wanting a cure, subconsciously, in order to eliminate Trump

Denial is mighty powerful
D. C. Bear
Oldbear83 said:

Canada2017 said:

My wife got back from Hong Kong last week (she spent a month caring for her 93-year-old mom), and we have been watching the news from the PRC and comparing it to other sources. There are very obvious contradictions when you do that.

First. China had stockpiles of drugs used to treat SARS which they found to be effective in treating COVID patients. Problem is, those SARS drugs are not produced in any real quantity outside China and the PRC is only willing to sell them at high prices. A cost-efficient alternative would be against the PRC's economic advantage.

Second, despite claims that they are ending lockdowns, actual video of major China cities shows deserted streets in every case. No one is going back to anything like normal there.

Third, all medical data reported from China is controlled by the state. Media reporting on cases, recoveries, hospitalizations, and deaths in China get that data from the WHO, who get it from China's government. Only China's politburo knows the actual numbers.

The premise of the bold part of your post isn't logical. China is hurt much, much more by the general economic damage from the virus than any loss of revenue from medicine sales. They aren't good actors, but they aren't idiots.
Oldbear83
PTGHUNTER said:

I know from a couple sources some people are going back to work in China.

I talked to a friend who is COO of a company that produces a lot of stuff in China and he said their production is back up to 85% capacity but demand for their products are down.

The parent company of the company I work for does a lot of business in China. They had a call Thursday and the CEO told employees that "China operations are basically back up and running" and the COO told employees that China operations are "almost returned to normal". Both of those quotes were related to their business but I assume it would mirror other businesses over there.

China certainly wants their economy back up and running, That's something very different from having ended the outbreak there.
Oldbear83
D. C. Bear said:

Oldbear83 said:

Canada2017 said:

The premise of the bold part of your post isn't logical. China is hurt much, much more by the general economic damage from the virus than any loss of revenue from medicine sales. They aren't good actors, but they aren't idiots.
What I am saying is that a drug not produced by China would not help their economy, so the PRC will always say other drugs are not working.
D. C. Bear
Oldbear83 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Oldbear83 said:

Canada2017 said:

What I am saying is that a drug not produced by China would not help their economy, so the PRC will always say other drugs are not working.

No, they wouldn't. They want things to get back to normal ASAP.

Right now, results are mixed with the use of these anti-malarial's to treat COVID-19, but they are known to sometimes have antiviral properties.
Oldbear83
D. C. Bear said:

Oldbear83 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Oldbear83 said:

Canada2017 said:

Right now, results are mixed with the use of these anti-malarial's to treat COVID-19, but they are known to sometimes have antiviral properties.
China is seeking relative stability compared to other economies. And yes, they have made statements on their national TV which are seriously at odds with known facts.
D. C. Bear
Oldbear83 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Oldbear83 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Oldbear83 said:

Canada2017 said:

China is seeking relative stability compared to other economies. And yes, they have made statements on their national TV which are seriously at odds with known facts.

Of course they have. They always do.

However, they don't need relative stability, they need strong markets for their goods, and they don't have them while everyone is staying home. If there was an easy cure for this already known, we would know it.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
"If there was an easy cure for this already known, we would know it."

yep
ABC BEAR

If my Slinky would have worked I wouldn't have thrown it out.
BaylorTaxman
There are thousands of very smart physicians in the United States with no agenda except treating these patients and saving lives. I think it may be naive to think this is some wonder drug versus thinking it is not.

But hopefully it is. But If it were me or a loved one being treated, I would prefer the opinion of a majority of the medical community over Rudy.
br53
They got a pill to fix your slinky
The battle is not yours, but God's.
2 Chronicles 20:15
Mitch Blood Green
ABC BEAR said:

Florda_mike
Great news!

Andrew Cuomo announced he began Hydroxychloroquine treatment on 1100 NY patients Thursday and should have a good indication of its results Monday to Tuesday
D. C. Bear
Florda_mike said:

Great news!

Andrew Cuomo announced he began Hydroxychloroquine treatment on 1100 NY patients Thursday and should have a good indication of its results Monday to Tuesday

I think I would rather have doctors administering medicines, or maybe nurse practitioners, but maybe we'll see something anyway. I wonder if it's in conjunction with an antibiotic?
Florda_mike
Huh?

Do you think it's administered without doctor prescribed?
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
My first comment "I hope it works" A simple statement,

I said I was skeptical.

I pointed out that people often get their hopes up with the idea of taking a pill to solve complex problems.

Oldbear83

I said I was skeptical.

I pointed out that people often get their hopes up with the idea of taking a pill to solve complex problems.

Yeah, that's how we got ACA, after all.
ABC BEAR
tommie said:

ABC BEAR said:

I've been watching this for over an hour. When does it get to the bottom?
Oldbear83
ABC BEAR said:

tommie said:

ABC BEAR said:

I've been watching this for over an hour. When does it get to the bottom?
You'll have to ask Mr. Escher about that ...
contrario

I said I was skeptical.

So you listed obvious hoaxes that non-medical people have used to take money from gullible people rather than focus on the thousands of "pills" that have saved millions of lives from complex problems? Odd.
Florda_mike
contrario said:

I said I was skeptical.

So you listed obvious hoaxes that non-medical people have used to take money from gullible people rather than focus on the thousands of "pills" that have saved millions of lives from complex problems? Odd.

Let us never forget these libertarians
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.