Giuliani on Ingraham saying 669 tests Hydroxychloroquine .....

8,033 Views | 96 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by HuMcK
robby44
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Twitter Deletes Rudy Giuliani Tweet With Fake COVID-19 Drug Information

http://huffp.st/1wTdhJ7
LIB,MR BEARS
ABC BEAR said:

Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

I hope it works. I am skeptical.

If diet pills worked there would be few fat people.

If hair pills work there would be few bald people.

If my Slinky would have worked I wouldn't have thrown it out.
May I recommend a boomerang?
contrario
LIB,MR BEARS said:

ABC BEAR said:

Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

I hope it works. I am skeptical.

If diet pills worked there would be few fat people.

If hair pills work there would be few bald people.

If my Slinky would have worked I wouldn't have thrown it out.
May I recommend a boomerang?
It's all in the wrist.
Ski8103
Big Pharma is putting a lot of money into new solutions not generic solutions.

Big Pharma will want to recover that money.

A generic solution is adverse to their goal.

Big Pharma spends a lot of money on ads.

Companies that get ad revenue don't want to hurt their own ad revenue.

Articles written negatively towards hydroxy chloroquine are mostly short, shallow pieces.

Their will be eventually be documentaries sorting out what happened some day. I'm not sure anyone will be able to make sense of it in the short term.
Florda_mike
Ski8103 said:

Articles written negatively towards hydroxy chloroquine are mostly short, shallow pieces.

Their will be eventually be documentaries sorting out what happened some day. I'm not sure anyone will be able to make sense of it in the short term.

It'll be interesting to see if Big Pharma has power to quelch Democrat Cuomo 1100 person study that should have results soon now!?

I've heard rumor Big Pharma is threatening to ruin any doctor career coming out in favor of Hydroxychloroquine
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
If the cure was as simple as taking a readily available pill and at least two nations (France and Australia) knew this last week dont you think by now everyone would know and the numbers would be coming down?

Are the numbers coming down?

"In general if hydroxychloroquine really, really worked, and it was a magic drug for COVID-19, we would know it by now," says Dr. David Sullivan, professor of microbiology at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health and an infectious disease physician at the university's malaria research institute. "Right now we have no clinical evidence that it works."

https://time.com/5808894/hydroxychloroquine-coronavirus/
Canada2017
My thoughts as well .
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Florda_mike said:

Ski8103 said:

It'll be interesting to see if Big Pharma has power to quelch Democrat Cuomo 1100 person study that should have results soon now!?

I've heard rumor Big Pharma is threatening to ruin any doctor career coming out in favor of Hydroxychloroquine
Perhaps you could share a link of where you hear such rumors? Is it a secret web site you dont want to share?
bularry
now Big Pharma is part of the Deep State. who knew

what about investors in Big Pharma, aren't they the real villains if above is true?
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
In your mind. is "deep state" limited to America, or does it control the world?
Mitch Blood Green
Ski8103 said:

If I'm big pharma, I'd want two things.

1. I'd want the vaccine. I can sell it over and over again.
2. I'd want the living customer.

Fighting to let people die so I can sell the drug cure , while possible, isn't probable. I know there are crappy businessmen out there but your argument is that they all are and they are globally. I don't believe it.

What is more probable is if you don't get to market, someone else will.
Oldbear83
Well, there's this from the National Institute of Health (NIH):

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/32205204?utm_source=quora&utm_medium=referral

The key quote:

"CONCLUSION: Despite its small sample size our survey shows that hydroxychloroquine treatment is significantly associated with viral load reduction/disappearance in COVID-19 patients and its effect is reinforced by azithromycin."
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Careful Tommy. Big Pharma will hear you and you will lose you job. They are everywhere.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Oldbear83 said:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/32205204?utm_source=quora&utm_medium=referral

The key quote:

"CONCLUSION: Despite its small sample size our survey shows that hydroxychloroquine treatment is significantly associated with viral load reduction/disappearance in COVID-19 patients and its effect is reinforced by azithromycin."
I was really asking Florda for the source of the rumors about doctors losing job for saying anything positive about Hydroxychloroquin but thanks.

This was started in early March on 20 patients. Its good news if such a high success rate can be duplicated in much larger groups giddy up
Canada2017
Oldbear83 said:

The key quote:

This is encouraging.
D. C. Bear
Canada2017 said:

Oldbear83 said:

The key quote:

This is encouraging.

Particularly since there is a sort of control group. If it is replicated with larger studies, would be tremendously helpful.
Oldbear83
D. C. Bear said:

Canada2017 said:

Oldbear83 said:

The key quote:

This is encouraging.

Particularly since there is a sort of control group. If it is replicated with larger studies, would be tremendously helpful.
I think the size of this group was small on purpose so results could be produced more quickly. A larger group is almost certainly being tested now.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Canada2017
D. C. Bear said:

Canada2017 said:

Oldbear83 said:

The key quote:

This is encouraging.

Yes it would.... as at this point I am still dubious .

Find it difficult to believe the Chinese medical/research communities would miss such an obvious drug experimentation .
Ski8103
Canada2017 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Canada2017 said:

Oldbear83 said:

The key quote:

This is encouraging.

Find it difficult to believe the Chinese medical/research communities would miss such an obvious drug experimentation .

Im not sure any news coming out of China is worth much. A teacher friend that does online classes for China students said one of her student was excited to be able to move about again, but then the student said things got really bad again quickly.
Ski8103
D. C. Bear said:

Canada2017 said:

Oldbear83 said:

The key quote:

This is encouraging.

I'm surprised they're not talking about zinc in these studies. I think some of the effectiveness of HC is that it helps cells absorb zinc which in turn the zinc protects the RNA which is what the virus is trying to hijack.
whiterock
Canada2017 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Canada2017 said:

Oldbear83 said:

The key quote:

This is encouraging.

They didn't. Doctor friend got an email from a Chinese doctor friend (same speciality practice) who said Chinese doctors are not even bothering to administer tests. Patients showing up with dry cough & fever are given prescription for 600mg TID for 14 days and sent home to recuperate.

Took chloroquine for three years as malaria prophyllaxis. And if you get malaria, they just increase the dosage to cure you of malaria. It works by preventing the pathogen from reproducing, so symptoms improve as existing parasite load dies out naturally. Chinese doctors this go-around discovered in data analysis that there were zero Lupus patients showing up with coronaviruses. That triggered the realization that Lupus patients take chloroquine to manage their symptoms, and then they remembered Chloroquine was proven to have a similar effect on SARS & MERS (both coronaviruses). So they tried it. It worked. It's now the go-to treatment in China and Korea.

Clinical trials are hard to do in the onset of a pandemic. CDC is not going to send out an advisory recommending use without clinical trials, several of which are ongoing now here in the USA. Meanwhile, it's being widely used here. It's in short supply already. Lupus patients are having difficulty getting prescriptions refilled, which means US doctors have gotten the word (as did my friend) that Chloroquine works....and they've ordered in stocks to prepare to treat themselves and staff. Know a couple of doctors who've done exactly that.

As soon as the manufacturing and distribution gets ramped up, chloroquine will be the go-to drug. Unless something else turns out better. Remdesivir looks pretty interesting.

People who pooh-pooh chloroquine are going to look rather foolish here pretty quickly.

Florda_mike
whiterock said:

Canada2017 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Canada2017 said:

Oldbear83 said:

The key quote:

This is encouraging.

They didn't. Doctor friend got an email from a Chinese doctor friend (same speciality practice) who said Chinese doctors are not even bothering to administer tests. Patients showing up with dry cough & fever are given prescription for 600mg TID for 14 days and sent home to recuperate.

Took chloroquine for three years as malaria prophyllaxis. And if you get malaria, they just increase the dosage to cure you of malaria. It works by preventing the pathogen from reproducing, so symptoms improve as existing parasite load dies out naturally. Chinese doctors this go-around discovered in data analysis that there were zero Lupus patients showing up with coronaviruses. That triggered the realization that Lupus patients take chloroquine to manage their symptoms, and then they remembered Chloroquine was proven to have a similar effect on SARS & MERS (both coronaviruses). So they tried it. It worked. It's now the go-to treatment in China and Korea.

Clinical trials are hard to do in the onset of a pandemic. CDC is not going to send out an advisory recommending use without clinical trials, several of which are ongoing now here in the USA. Meanwhile, it's being widely used here. It's in short supply already. Lupus patients are having difficulty getting prescriptions refilled, which means US doctors have gotten the word (as did my friend) that Chloroquine works....and they've ordered in stocks to prepare to treat themselves and staff. Know a couple of doctors who've done exactly that.

As soon as the manufacturing and distribution gets ramped up, chloroquine will be the go-to drug. Unless something else turns out better. Remdesivir looks pretty interesting.

People who pooh-pooh chloroquine are going to look rather foolish here pretty quickly.

Thanks a ton

Maybe I won't be "Pooh-poohed" upon, for pumping chloroquine on here for a couple weeks?

Nah
Iron Claw
We don't even have a cure for the flu or common cold.

Didn't NY announce an 1100 person trial for HC? Hope we get good results.

If I come down with the CV I'll request HC and Z Pack. Doesn't look like anything else is touching it.
FKA tri it
midgett
I had read something similar about zero lupus patients among those with virus. My mother in law has lupus (age 87) so it has been a potential source of encouragement for her; not getting Covid19, not sure about her lupus meds supply.
muddybrazos
Iron Claw said:

We don't even have a cure for the flu or common cold.

Didn't NY announce an 1100 person trial for HC? Hope we get good results.

If I come down with the CV I'll request HC and Z Pack. Doesn't look like anything else is touching it.
I've said the same thing but last i checked last week hydroxychoriquine was on back order. I talked to a doctor today that said he already had his just in case. All i have is a quinine supplement.
Canada2017
whiterock said:

Canada2017 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Canada2017 said:

Oldbear83 said:

The key quote:

This is encouraging.

Any thoughts on how long it will take to produce enough of the drug for all Americans ?

D. C. Bear
Canada2017 said:

whiterock said:

Canada2017 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Canada2017 said:

Oldbear83 said:

The key quote:

This is encouraging.

Any thoughts on how long it will take to produce enough of the drug for all Americans ?

If it is effective, the vast majority of people will not require it, even though infected.
Ski8103
Here is your point and counterpoint articles of the day:

https://spectator.org/the-20-solution-to-coronavirus-anecdotal-evidence-is-a-life-saver/
https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/hydroxychloroquine-and-azithromycin-versus-covid-19/

I think one reality with Covid 19 is that doctors want a way to heal really ill patients and antivirals may be too late for that. To the extent hydroxycholoroquine is effective, it's probably as a preventative/early symptom way to prevent patients from becoming those really ill patients that need ventilators and other difficult interventions. In that sense, it solves a big problem which is letting people heal at home so hospitals stay under capacity.
whiterock
D. C. Bear said:

Canada2017 said:

whiterock said:

Canada2017 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Canada2017 said:

Oldbear83 said:

The key quote:

This is encouraging.

If it is effective, the vast majority of people will not require it, even though infected.

I've seen some news reports that Sandoz and Bauer have donated 31m doses.

I don't think it will take a ton of time. Just need CDC and FDA to issue the notices and the supply chain will flow in a matter of days.

FDA issued authorization for emergency use on Sunday, so the gears are starting to turn.

whiterock
D. C. Bear said:

Canada2017 said:

whiterock said:

Canada2017 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Canada2017 said:

Oldbear83 said:

The key quote:

This is encouraging.

yes, but on the other hand.......

It will probably be used as prophyllaxis by medical professionals, possibly even in households where confirmed cases are convalescing in place. It is being used as prophyllaxis abroad, now. You can catch the virus, but it cannot reproduce effectively, so you don't suffer the worst symptoms, don't shed as much virus, and get over it quickly.

Here's the FDA announcement:

https://www.hhs.gov/about/news/2020/03/29/hhs-accepts-donations-of-medicine-to-strategic-national-stockpile-as-possible-treatments-for-covid-19-patients.html

BaylorBJM
Welp. In what is likely of very little surprise to most semi-functioning Homo sapiens:

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2020/04/21/840341224/nih-panel-recommends-against-drug-combination-trump-has-promoted-for-covid-19

https://www.sciencenews.org/article/coronavirus-evidence-hydroxychloroquine-does-not-help-treat-covid-19

https://www.foxnews.com/science/covid-19-hydroxychloroquine-showed-no-benefit-more-deaths-va-virus-study

Although sadly, I'm sure there are still 1-2 on here who will cling to its supposed effectiveness despite any evidence proof whatsoever simply because the president and his lawyer hyped it ad naseum.
contrario
BaylorBJM said:

Welp. In what is likely of very little surprise to most semi-functioning Homo sapiens:

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2020/04/21/840341224/nih-panel-recommends-against-drug-combination-trump-has-promoted-for-covid-19

https://www.sciencenews.org/article/coronavirus-evidence-hydroxychloroquine-does-not-help-treat-covid-19

https://www.foxnews.com/science/covid-19-hydroxychloroquine-showed-no-benefit-more-deaths-va-virus-study

Although sadly, I'm sure there are still 1-2 on here who will cling to its supposed effectiveness despite any evidence proof whatsoever simply because the president and his lawyer hyped it ad naseum.
You are a sick motherfcker celebrating this. Like seriously, how do you sleep at night you fcking sicko? Some people would rather be right than hope for a positive outcome. Fcking savages.
Bearitto
contrario said:

BaylorBJM said:

You are a sick motherfcker celebrating this. Like seriously, how do you sleep at night you fcking sicko? Some people would rather be right than hope for a positive outcome. Fcking savages.

To be fair, the study was done at the VA. It's probably wrong.
Mitch Blood Green
contrario said:

BaylorBJM said:

How did you come to any of these conclusions?

You seem emotionally invested in hydrochloroquine working. Why does it have to be this drug versus a drug? The Gilead study is promising. Isn't that a possible positive outcome?
Florda_mike
contrario said:

BaylorBJM said:

You're exactly correct about him I'd suspect too

Dwells in parents basement most likely

Makes everyone's life he touches worse

That's BaylorBJM
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.