This Stupid "TDS" Nonsense

12,973 Views | 144 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Waco1947
quash
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sorry to have triggered y'all.
LIB,MR BEARS
quash said:

for an old fart, you know all the catchy words; triggered, snowflake and on and on. When you were a kid, I bet you wore out groovy.
Bearitto
LIB,MR BEARS said:

quash said:

for an old fart, you know all the catchy words; triggered, snowflake and on and on. When you were a kid, I bet you wore out groovy.

Nah. He's just one of those guys who figures if he can try and reclaim all the insults, they won't work on him. He's wrong.
bear2be2
corncob pipe said:

"Poor Me" is a great magazine name for most on this board. I've never seen a bigger group of victims.

The irony of some of you folks calling anyone else a snowflake is too much to take.
quash
Bearitto said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

quash said:

Nah. He's just one of those guys who figures if he can try and reclaim all the insults, they won't work on him. He's wrong.

Judging by the meltdowns, not so much.
Waco1947
Malbec said:

Midnight Rider said:

Seems like anytime anyone posts anything marginally critical of Trump, the automatic response of his supporters is "TDS!".

What the hell is that supposed to mean? I think it means "Trump Derangement Syndrome", or something like that, meaning that anybody who criticizes Trump is deranged.

Come on, guys. We're all supposed to be college-educated to some degree. Is this the best you can do in the realm of political discourse? Are you not capable of reasoning? Of some original thought?

When the only response that you can come up with is "TDS!", it looks to me like a concession that you have lost the argument. And, frankly, it makes you look stupid.
No, it makes you look stupid to have TDS. It's not a term applied to every criticism of Trump, it's reserved for those that are so enraged at the very sight or sound of him that they simply lose all ability of rational thought. Do you have it? You can self-diagnose. Go to your profile page and count how many of your posts criticize the president and compare them to how many of your posts offer positive words about the president. If more than 80% of those posts are negative, well.... you got it! Self-quarantine immediately.
You're begging the question or it's a no sequiter
Waco1947

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.