General Flynn is the Keystone

11,362 Views | 154 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by quash
George Truett
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sullivan's hearing did not reach a detailed finding of "materiality" in Flynn's false statements to the FBI.

Flynn did not plead to the crime of "false statements" for his "work for Turkey" and the Flynn statement of the offense didn't state all of the elements of that offense (intent!), as even Brandon Van Grack admitted.
Still waiting for Trump to give him his job back after firing him...
Look for him at a Trump rally near you soon!

Doesn't matter that he pled guilty twice.
Doc Holliday
George Truett said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sullivan's hearing did not reach a detailed finding of "materiality" in Flynn's false statements to the FBI.

Flynn did not plead to the crime of "false statements" for his "work for Turkey" and the Flynn statement of the offense didn't state all of the elements of that offense (intent!), as even Brandon Van Grack admitted.

The SC made an illegal deal with his lawyers to get him to plead guilty or they would go after his son.

That is the only reason he plead guilty. The actual evidence shows guilt of the crime they accused him of being impossible.

This is really about you wanting partisan points for the Democratic Party and nothing else.
George Truett
contrario said:

Scruffy and Quash, I didn't mean it wasn't personal at all, it was personal to me as well as several of my friends and family members fought in the war. I meant it wasn't personal to Obama. Bush did not directly attack Obama, and if he had, Obama was absolutely petty enough to go after him. Obama was not as petty as Trump is, but he was much more petty than Bush was, as is evidenced by his actions and remarks since leaving office (Bush was always silent, even though he was criticized by Obama often).
Perhaps the main difference is that Obama wasn't an existential threat to democracy and the rule of law the way Trump is.

And then there's this:

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/bush-presidents-critical-trump-book/story?id=50931254
George Truett
Canada2017 said:

Doc Holliday said:

FBI notes confirm that General Flynn was railroaded and President Obama and Vice President Biden were instrumental in ordering it to happen.

Folks tearing down statues are missing the real threat to their personal liberties.

As the railroad job on Flynn instigated by the FBI could happen to any of us .

This goes way beyond partisan politics .
Yep.

We're in real danger if we collude with Russians and then lie about it.

We should be free to betray our country like Flynn did!
Canada2017
George Truett said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

I've known people who plead guilty when innocent just because of the realities involved.

2 years probation vs the chance of 5 years in state penitentiary. Money gone , wife freaking out , kids scared .

Bet you have known someone as well .
George Truett
Doc Holliday said:

George Truett said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

The SC made an illegal deal with his lawyers to get him to plead guilty or they would go after his son.

That is the only reason he plead guilty. The actual evidence shows guilt of the crime they accused him of being impossible.

This is really about you wanting partisan points for the Democratic Party and nothing else.
The deal wasn't illegal. No court has found that.

And the evidence shows no such thing.

Barr simply decided to give Flynn a pass because he was a Trump crony.
George Truett
Canada2017 said:

George Truett said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

I've known people who plead guilty when innocent just because of the realities involved.

2 years probation vs the chance of 5 years in state penitentiary. Money gone , wife freaking out , kids scared .

I've not known anyone who lied about his meetings with Russians.
riflebear
Sounds like the DC Court could still pick this up and hear it and likely reverse the decision. I would bet a lot of money they will do that to continue this as long as possible and push it closer towards the election.
corncob pipe
So let's see here..... Strock's notes implicate BOTH Obama and Biden as "interfering" (or pick some other word--"colluding" "inserting themselves into", etc.) with an active FBI investigation into the incoming administration. Obama wants "the right people" on it.

Hmmmmm
Doc Holliday
George Truett said:

Doc Holliday said:

George Truett said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

The deal wasn't illegal. No court has found that.

And the evidence shows no such thing.

Barr simply decided to give Flynn a pass because he was a Trump crony.
You have no clue what this is all about.

Mueller's prosecutors not only pressured Flynn with the possibility of indicting his son; they also secretly assured Flynn's former counsel, the well-connected Washington firm of Covington & Burling (C&B), that Flynn's son would not be prosecuted if Flynn pleaded guilty. This "side deal" (a) was not explicitly memorialized in the formal plea agreement, (b) was not otherwise disclosed to the court as federal law requires, and (c) was designed to enable prosecutors to evade their due process obligations in future cases.

To back up her claims, Flynn's lawyer's submission included exhibits:

Exhibit 1 includes an unredacted snippet of an email between two of Flynn's C&B lawyers; in it, Robert Kelner states to Stephen Anthony: "We have a lawyers' unofficial understanding that they [i.e., the prosecutors] are unlikely to charge Junior [Flynn's son] in light of the Cooperation Agreement" Flynn's commitment to provide information and testimony in other prosecutions.

Exhibit 2 is an email from Anthony to Kelner, among others, stating: "The only exception is the reference to Michael Jr. The government took pains not to give a promise to MTF [Gen. Flynn] regarding Michael Jr., so as to limit how much of a 'benefit' it would have to disclose as part of its Giglio disclosures to any defendant against whom MTF may one day testify."

"Giglio" refers to the Supreme Court's 1972 ruling in Giglio v. United States, which requires the government to disclose to the defense any promises made or benefits given in exchange for the testimony of a witness called by the prosecution.
corncob pipe
" Mueller's prosecutors not only pressured Flynn with the possibility of indicting his son; they also secretly assured Flynn's former counsel, the well-connected Washington firm of Covington & Burling (C&B), that Flynn's son would not be prosecuted if Flynn pleaded guilty. "

Correct me if I'm wrong... isn't Obama's "WINGMAN" .... one Eric Holder, a partner in that firm?...

Doc Holliday
corncob pipe said:

" Mueller's prosecutors not only pressured Flynn with the possibility of indicting his son; they also secretly assured Flynn's former counsel, the well-connected Washington firm of Covington & Burling (C&B), that Flynn's son would not be prosecuted if Flynn pleaded guilty. "

Correct me if I'm wrong... isn't Obama's "WINGMAN" .... one Eric Holder, a partner in that firm?...

That is correct.

Communications between him and his previous lawyers need to be looked at.
corncob pipe
Additionally.... those of us who have been following along and have been paying attention know...

Three times in the Strock/Page texts they mention WH involvement: "POTUS wants to know everything, "WH is driving this," etc.

Is it kosher for the 'executive' to give specific directives pursuant to an FBI investigation of a political rival... ??

Seems jankady....

Hmmmmm
corncob pipe
Did Biden lie here...? Or is it just me....

Canada2017
George Truett said:

Canada2017 said:

George Truett said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

Still another useless deflection .

Strange way to live
George Truett
Canada2017 said:

George Truett said:

Canada2017 said:

George Truett said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

Strange way to live
When you get past all the "setup" BS, these are the facts:

Flynn lied to the FBI when asked about his conversations with Russians.

The Russians knew he lied to the FBI, giving them kompromat on him, making him a security risk.

Flynn pled guilty twice for a reduced sentence and turned state's evidence.

The DOJ behaved honorably in all this until Barr came in.

Under political pressure, not based on facts, the DOJ dropped charges.

The judge in the Flynn case was so horrified and appalled at the DOJ's behavior, he sought to find a way to see justice done and the American people served.

The court of appeals said our concern isn't to see that justice is done. Only the DOJ can make the decision in relation to charges.

So Flynn gets off with lying and the DOJ shows it now works for Trump, not the people.

Sadly for you, it's all going to backfire on you in November. Nobody outside the right-wing bubble believes the conspiracy fantasy.

The vast majority of people see this for what it is.
D. C. Bear
George Truett said:

Canada2017 said:

George Truett said:

Canada2017 said:

George Truett said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

Strange way to live
When you get past all the "setup" BS, these are the facts:

Flynn lied to the FBI when asked about his conversations with Russians.

The Russians knew he lied to the FBI, giving them kompromat on him, making him a security risk.

Flynn pled guilty twice for a reduced sentence and turned state's evidence.

Under political pressure, not based on facts, the DOJ dropped charges.

The judge in the Flynn case was so horrified and appalled at the DOJ's behavior, he sought to find a way to see justice done and the American people served.

The court of appeals said our concern isn't to see that justice is done. Only the DOJ can make the decision in relation to charges.

So Flynn gets off with lying and the DOJ shows it now works for Trump, not the people.

Sadly for you, it's all going to backfire on you in November. Nobody outside the right-wing bubble believes the conspiracy fantasy.

The vast majority of people see this for what it is.

If these note aren't faked, "honorably" is not word I would use to describe any of this unless I was a blind, rabid partisan.

The "vast majority" of people don't know the first thing about any of this.
Doc Holliday
quash
George Truett said:

They did not abide by the terms of their plea bargain with regard to exculpatory evidence. That is ****ty.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
HuMcK
Lol of course he's one of those Q freaks.
HuMcK
HuMcK said:

Lol of course he's one of those Q freaks.

Where did all the Trumpers go? None of y'all have anything to say about your hero martyr Flynn being a Q freak?
Doc Holliday
Nothing to say about the declassified call?

Nothing to say about Strzok notes?

Durham is coming.
quash
Doc Holliday said:

Durham is coming.
You said QAnon folks were just larpers. Still think that?
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
HuMcK
We've gone over those as nauseum, and discussed how none of it worked on the judge so Barr had to pull a hail mary. "Durham is coming", where have I heard that before...oh yeah, it's part of the Q narrative! So congrats, you're on message like a good little useful Q soldier, just like Flynn is!

I'm honestly impressed that you replied to a comment calling you out for ignoring something, and managed to still completely ignore it. Gold medal level support for the Trump party, even Orwell would be impressed.
Doc Holliday
quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

Durham is coming.
Yes

A lot of Flynn's supporters are QAnon, this was a kind gesture to them I suppose.
quash
Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

Durham is coming.
Yes

A lot of Flynn's supporters are QAnon, this was a kind gesture to them I suppose.
A kind of gesture? Or a kind gesture?

The former makes sense, the latter is just funny.
Doc Holliday
quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

Durham is coming.
Yes

Whats your beef with it?

Flynn is innocent.
quash
Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

Durham is coming.
Yes

Whats your beef with it?

Flynn is innocent.
My beef with QAnon is that it is an organized disinformation campaign slapped on top of a paranoid conspiracy theory. I'm a fan of PCTs as fun reading, not as campaigns.

What do you like about it?
Doc Holliday
quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

Durham is coming.
Yes

Whats your beef with it?

Flynn is innocent.
My beef with QAnon is that it is an organized disinformation campaign slapped on top of a paranoid conspiracy theory. I'm a fan of PCTs as fun reading, not as campaigns.

Yeah the thousands of arrests and crap people read into is obviously false.

It is a cold hard fact that there wasn't a smooth transition of power and the last administration tried to sabotage Trump and his Presidency. Durham has a criminal investigation in which illegal CHS's and disinformation was used to launch false predication. That is no conspiracy.

Q touches on this above, but his followers create their own message and narratives to the extreme which I don't like.

I think it's just a larp gone viral. Flynn is using it.
Oldbear83
quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

Durham is coming.
Yes

Whats your beef with it?

Flynn is innocent.

Seems to me, only the paranoid posters on the Left seem to care about Q on this board.

So .... your problem, not ours.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
sombear
Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

Durham is coming.
Yes

Whats your beef with it?

Flynn is innocent.

Seems to me, only the paranoid posters on the Left seem to care about Q on this board.

Agree. I'm conservative and never heard of QAnon until this thread.
HuMcK
Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

Durham is coming.
Yes

Whats your beef with it?

Flynn is innocent.

Yeah the thousands of arrests and crap people read into is obviously false.

It is a cold hard fact that there wasn't a smooth transition of power and the last administration tried to sabotage Trump and his Presidency. Durham has a criminal investigation in which illegal CHS's and disinformation was used to launch false predication. That is no conspiracy.

Q touches on this above, but his followers create their own message and narratives to the extreme which I don't like.

I think it's just a larp gone viral. Flynn is using it.

Good lord the bar is low with you people.

So your innocent explanation is that Flynn is using it to dupe people into following him? What makes you think everything that led up to this wasn't the same con?
HuMcK
sombear said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

Durham is coming.
Yes

Whats your beef with it?

Flynn is innocent.

Then it should instantly give you pause that Mike Flynn of all people is amplifying that kind of lunacy.
Oldbear83
HuMcK said:

sombear said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

Durham is coming.
Yes

Whats your beef with it?

Flynn is innocent.

Then it should instantly give you pause that Mike Flynn of all people is amplifying that kind of lunacy.
Nope. Seems like maybe he is just trolling haters like you, HuMcK.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
sombear
HuMcK said:

sombear said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

Durham is coming.
Yes

Whats your beef with it?

Flynn is innocent.

If I'd gone through the hell he endured, I'm sure I'd spend some time on the crazy train also . . . .

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.