Social justice, racial injustice, white privilege ,black lives matter

8,914 Views | 121 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Waco1947
Flaming Moderate
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Robert Wilson said:

Flaming Moderate said:

I had an entire thread an no one could identify a single example of so-called "systematic" racism. These are intentionally vague, undefined terms used to bully, berate, and secure economic advantage. All of these allegations and concepts collapse under specifics.
Yup. I'd be willing to work with the term endemic racism (generally tied to poverty), but systemic racism is a nonsensical term.
The problem is every claim of so-called "systematic" racism always is an economic problem. But racism sells. Poverty does not.
Jack Bauer
OMG - Waco47 was spotted at a protest!

Robert Wilson
Flaming Moderate said:

Robert Wilson said:

Flaming Moderate said:

I had an entire thread an no one could identify a single example of so-called "systematic" racism. These are intentionally vague, undefined terms used to bully, berate, and secure economic advantage. All of these allegations and concepts collapse under specifics.
Yup. I'd be willing to work with the term endemic racism (generally tied to poverty), but systemic racism is a nonsensical term.
The problem is every claim of so-called "systematic" racism always is an economic problem. But racism sells. Poverty does not.
Yeah, if you were going to tackle inter-generational cycles of grinding poverty, you'd also have to acknowledge that race is only one component of it and that it has also trapped many, many millions of white people. That would be oh so boring.
Flaming Moderate
Robert Wilson said:

Flaming Moderate said:

Robert Wilson said:

Flaming Moderate said:

Yeah, if you were going to tackle inter-generational cycles of grinding poverty, you'd also have to acknowledge that race is only one component of it and that it has also trapped many, many millions of white people. That would be oh so boring.
That's why I'm suspicious that any of these so-called "activists" actually want to help poor black people. They either want to directly extort businesses or raise quotas for blacks.
Jack Bauer
This can't be real...I mean it just can't!!

D. C. Bear
Flaming Moderate said:

Robert Wilson said:

Flaming Moderate said:

When you spend several generations with racism causing people to not having access to capital, you have both "systemic racism" and an "economic problem."
Flaming Moderate
D. C. Bear said:

Flaming Moderate said:

Robert Wilson said:

Flaming Moderate said:

When you spend several generations with racism causing people to not having access to capital, you have both "systemic racism" and an "economic problem."
Who did not have access to capital?
D. C. Bear
Flaming Moderate said:

D. C. Bear said:

Flaming Moderate said:

Robert Wilson said:

Flaming Moderate said:

Black people. Do you really not know this?
Flaming Moderate
D. C. Bear said:

Flaming Moderate said:

D. C. Bear said:

Flaming Moderate said:

Robert Wilson said:

Flaming Moderate said:

Black people. Do you really not know this?
So black people had no access to capital? Until when?

I was told Trump's rally was in bad taste because of the Tulsa race riots, which at the time as "Black Wall Street." I'm curious how that was funded if they did not have any capital.
Waco1947
Flaming Moderate said:

Waco1947 said:

Flaming Moderate said:

Tell me about your community?
How many blacks on the city council?
How many blacks on the school board?
How many blacks on your police force force/fire department??
How many black businesses?
How many white private schools?
How many white churches?
Thank you in advance
So I'll take that as you do not have ONE SINGLE EXAMPLE of so-called "systematic" racism.
I offered you six choices. Choose one. If there are none say so
Flaming Moderate
Waco1947 said:

Flaming Moderate said:

Waco1947 said:

Flaming Moderate said:

How many white churches?
Thank you in advance
So I'll take that as you do not have ONE SINGLE EXAMPLE of so-called "systematic" racism.
Johnny Bear
Waco1947 said:

Flaming Moderate said:

Waco1947 said:

Flaming Moderate said:

How many white churches?
Thank you in advance
Absolutely none of those are anywhere close to examples of "systemic" racism. Let me help you out. Examples of "systemic" racism would be something like a law or statute that denies or limits freedom to people of a certain race, or societally accepted denial of jobs to qualified people of a certain race, or racial segregation (separate but unequal), or Jim Crow laws, or denial of housing to people of a certain race, or disallowing people of a certain race to participate in or attend public or private events or things like church or private schools. True, many of those examples existed and were legal previously in our PAST history (as in a half century or more ago) but none of them exist today at least from the standpoint of legality or from the standpoint of societal norms. This country has bent over backwards over the last half century plus to societally eradicate those kinds of things and has to say the least been highly successful in doing so.

As a final point, using your logic I could claim "systemic" racism by asking:

How many whites on an average NBA team?

How many whites on an average NFL team?

Why is there no "White Entertainment Network"?

Why is there no "Congressional White Caucus"?

Why is there no "White Miss America"?

Why is it that nobody bats an eye when a black person kills a white person, but when the opposite occurs it's totally an excuse for rioting, looting, burning cop cars and general violent mayhem?

All of those are just as much so called examples of "systemic" racism as any of your examples and the bottom line is none of them from either of our lists are examples of anything of the sort.
Waco1947
Flaming Moderate said:

Waco1947 said:

Flaming Moderate said:

Waco1947 said:

Flaming Moderate said:

How many white churches?
Thank you in advance
Yes, generations of all white councils.
Yes, generations of all white juries.
Ye, generations of all white police forces.
Yes, generations of all white school boards
Flaming Moderate
Waco1947 said:

Flaming Moderate said:

Waco1947 said:

Flaming Moderate said:

Waco1947 said:

Flaming Moderate said:

How many white churches?
Thank you in advance
So can you present the data that shows African American achievement is significantly greater in cities where none of these things exist?

Can you elaborate on how this has negatively impacted Asians and Indians? They seem to have no trouble succeeding in cities with white city councils or school boards.

Besides, non of those examples are inherently racist ... but I patronized you anyway. Just to sit back and watch your mental gymnastics.
cinque
Flaming Moderate said:

Waco1947 said:

Flaming Moderate said:

Waco1947 said:

Flaming Moderate said:

How many white churches?
Thank you in advance
Does that mean it doesn't exist?
Waco1947
Flaming Moderate said:

Waco1947 said:

Flaming Moderate said:

Waco1947 said:

Flaming Moderate said:

Waco1947 said:

Flaming Moderate said:

How many white churches?
Thank you in advance
So can you present the data that shows African American achievement is significantly greater in cities where none of these things exist?

Can you elaborate on how this has negatively impacted Asians and Indians? They seem to have no trouble succeeding in cities with white city councils or school boards.

Besides, non of those examples are inherently racist ... but I patronized you anyway. Just to sit back and watch your mental gymnastics.

I am not dodging but you simply trotted out the rights talking points.
I could try but you try first.
I get challenged as to "systematic racism" and there it is white dominated goverarance for generations. Deal with it.
Asians? Not a south cultural phenomena
African Americans decidedly southern.
Now answer please
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
cinque said:

Flaming Moderate said:

Waco1947 said:

Flaming Moderate said:

Waco1947 said:

Flaming Moderate said:

How many white churches?
Thank you in advance
Does that mean it doesn't exist?
Support your question.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
D. C. Bear
Waco1947 said:

Flaming Moderate said:

Waco1947 said:

Flaming Moderate said:

Waco1947 said:

Flaming Moderate said:

Waco1947 said:

Flaming Moderate said:

How many white churches?
Thank you in advance

I get challenged as to "systematic racism" and there it is white dominated goverarance for generations. Deal with it.
Now answer

Historically, whites have comprised a majority of the population while blacks have come in at about 14 percent. It should come as no great shock that we have had white dominated government. Math alone would tend to do that even without racism. In areas where blacks are a majority (Washington D. C., for example), elected officials tend to be black.
D. C. Bear
Flaming Moderate said:

Waco1947 said:

Flaming Moderate said:

Waco1947 said:

Flaming Moderate said:

How many white churches?
Thank you in advance

If you want actual examples of systemic racism (if defined as the effects of official or institutionally practiced racism), look at home ownership (historic denial of loans for equally qualified applicants), medical care (African Americans tend not to trust doctors, and that mistrust is a reaction to real racist policies).
Forest Bueller_bf
D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

Flaming Moderate said:

Waco1947 said:

Flaming Moderate said:

Waco1947 said:

Flaming Moderate said:

Waco1947 said:

Flaming Moderate said:

How many white churches?
Thank you in advance

Now answer

Historically, whites have comprised a majority of the population while blacks have come in at about 14 percent. It should come as no great shock that we have had white dominated government. Math alone would tend to do that even without racism. In areas where blacks are a majority (Washington D. C., for example), elected officials tend to be black.
Up till 1970 the US was 88% white. Even today it is 70% give or take. So there's that stat.
Jack Bauer
I'm calling my shot....at holiday time, Santa Claus will become a lightning rod of controversy because why not? Might as well end this **** year with a bang.

Jack Bauer
At least we can have rational conversations about this...

Flaming Moderate
Waco1947 said:

Flaming Moderate said:

Waco1947 said:

Flaming Moderate said:

Waco1947 said:

Flaming Moderate said:

Waco1947 said:

Flaming Moderate said:

How many white churches?
Thank you in advance

Now answer please

Yes you are. All you do is dodge. You'll throw out some hyperbolic, emotional talking point but you can't formulate an original thought.
Waco1947
Flaming Moderate said:

Waco1947 said:

Flaming Moderate said:

Waco1947 said:

Flaming Moderate said:

Waco1947 said:

Flaming Moderate said:

Waco1947 said:

Flaming Moderate said:

How many white churches?
Thank you in advance

Now answer please

Yes you are. All you do is dodge. You'll throw out some hyperbolic, emotional talking point but you can't formulate an original thought.

I get challenged as to "systematic racism" /- Here it is white dominated goverarance for generations. Particularly in the south
Gold Tron
Three quarters of the history of slavery in the New World should be laid at the feet of England, France, and Spain with a bit coming from the Dutch. Slavery in the United States only lasted 79 years. Quit pointing the finger at our current government. We inherited this cruel practice from those that "discovered" and colonized our current country.
My pronouns are Deez/Dem.
Waco1947
Gold Tron said:

Three quarters of the history of slavery in the New World should be laid at the feet of England, France, and Spain with a bit coming from the Dutch. Slavery in the United States only lasted 79 years. Quit pointing the finger at our current government. We inherited this cruel practice from those that "discovered" and colonized our current country.
Utter nonsense
4th and Inches
You keep helping everyone get over their systemic racism and who knows, we might even elect a black president one day!
4th and Inches
Waco1947 said:

Gold Tron said:

Utter nonsense
is it? Since We the people declared our independence in 1776 and the last state ratified the constitution in May of 1790. How many years until the emancipation proclimation was delivered in 1863?
Flaming Moderate
Waco1947 said:

Flaming Moderate said:

Waco1947 said:

Flaming Moderate said:

Waco1947 said:

Flaming Moderate said:

Waco1947 said:

Flaming Moderate said:

Waco1947 said:

Flaming Moderate said:

How many white churches?
Thank you in advance

Now answer please

I get challenged as to "systematic racism" /- Here it is white dominated goverarance for generations. Particularly in the south
What does this mean? Do you believe that black majority cities should be forced to elect non-black candidates?

What percentage of the population to blacks makeup?
Gold Tron
Waco1947 said:

Gold Tron said:

Utter nonsense
COMPLETE LIAR. DO THE MATH.
My pronouns are Deez/Dem.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Waco1947 said:

Flaming Moderate said:

Waco1947 said:

Flaming Moderate said:

Waco1947 said:

Flaming Moderate said:

How many white churches?
Thank you in advance

O.J. Simpson certainly didn't have an all-white jury. And his trial was almost thirty years ago.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Waco1947
Gold Tron said:

Waco1947 said:

Gold Tron said:

Utter nonsense
COMPLETE LIAR. DO THE MATH.
my apologies. The math is correct. The point is benign
Jack Bauer
JXL
Waco1947 said:

Flaming Moderate said:

Waco1947 said:

Flaming Moderate said:

Waco1947 said:

Flaming Moderate said:

Waco1947 said:

Flaming Moderate said:

Waco1947 said:

Flaming Moderate said:

How many white churches?
Thank you in advance

Now answer please

Presumably this systemic racism has been eliminated in places like Baltimore, Detroit, and Washington DC, where whites have not governed for decades, right?
Waco1947
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Waco1947 said:

Flaming Moderate said:

Waco1947 said:

Flaming Moderate said:

Waco1947 said:

Flaming Moderate said:

How many white churches?
Thank you in advance

O.J. Simpson certainly didn't have an all-white jury. And his trial was almost thirty years ago.
You missed the word "generations." That Word makes it systemic and unjust. OJ makes it one time

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.