Social justice, racial injustice, white privilege ,black lives matter

9,014 Views | 121 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Waco1947
Flaming Moderate
How long do you want to ignore this user?
whitetrash said:

D. C. Bear said:

Seriously, though, a bunch of African Americans raised in poverty in the United States also become millionaires.

But they have suffered so mightily at the hands of those privileged children of unemployed coal miners from Harlan County, KY.
Shout out to Raylan and Boyd!
Robert Wilson
Flaming Moderate said:

whitetrash said:

D. C. Bear said:

Seriously, though, a bunch of African Americans raised in poverty in the United States also become millionaires.

But they have suffered so mightily at the hands of those privileged children of unemployed coal miners from Harlan County, KY.
Shout out to Raylan and Boyd!
Boyd Crowder has to play Art Briles when they make the Baylor fiasco into a movie.

Title IX kangaroo courts going away is a good epilogue, but we've also gotta let the Dunnam suit play out first.
Waco1947
fadskier said:

Waco1947 said:

Do you understand that they are real?
define them and maybe we'll talk about them...want to see YOUR definitions first
I will tackle social justice first and the others later
1. Social justice, -- I have these ideas to support my definition..
1) Community --- I am broadly defining as nation, state, city, community organizations (churches, bowling leagues, Gun Clubs, etc) one's neighborhood, one's family, and finally one's heart.
2) Each of these social organizations have resources that enrich our lives -- roads, schools, fire stations, water, colleges.spiritually in our faith communities etc. Each of these resources is delivered by an agency including the Federal Government
3) Opportunity --- in terms of the distribution of wealth, openings to schools, jobs, housing, and privileges. Citizens simply want a fair shot at advancement.
4) Human Rights -- Decisions and a recognition that each individual matters.
5) Rights of Organizations to organize in ways that are congruent with their goals.
In other words, an individual may demand a right to a job but they are not qualified. It is the right of an organization to deny them the position.

Final Definition -- Social justice means that unfair obstacles (race, gender, sexual identity,faith community or non-faith, national origin, age (Seniors) are removed in realizing an opportunity -- IF the candidate is otherwise qualified by skill, education, tools, etc., Social justice also mean that human rights are protected in what ever social community one is of which one is a member. Finally, it means that one's heart strives for justice and recognizes human rights.

racial injustice, white privilege ,black lives matter
Canada2017
Waco1947 said:

fadskier said:

Waco1947 said:

define them and maybe we'll talk about them...want to see YOUR definitions first
1. Social justice, -- I have three ideas to support my defintion..
1) Community ---, city. neighborhood, t -- nation, state we live in community and I am broadly defining as nation, state, city, community organizations (churches, bowling leagues, Gun Clubs, etc) one's neighborhood, one's family, and finally one's heart.neighborhood,
2) Each of these social organizations have resources that enrich our lives -- roads, schools, fire stations, water, colleges.spiritually in our faith communities etc. Each of these resources is delivered by an agency including the Federal Government
3) Opportunity --- in terms of the distribution of wealth, openings to schools, jobs, housing, and privileges. Citizens simply want a fair shot at advancement.
5) Rights of Organizations to organize in ways that are congruent with their goals.
In other words, an individual may demand a right to a job but they are not qualified. It is the right of an organization to deny them the position.

Final Definition --

There has to be at least two contributors to this sock.

Totally different writing styles are involved.
Doc Holliday
I think he's a troll bro
Waco1947
Canada2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

fadskier said:

Waco1947 said:

1) Community ---, city. neighborhood, t -- nation, state we live in community and I am broadly defining as nation, state, city, community organizations (churches, bowling leagues, Gun Clubs, etc) one's neighborhood, one's family, and finally one's heart.neighborhood,

Final Definition --

No, it is me.
whitetrash
Canada2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

fadskier said:

Waco1947 said:

Final Definition --

It's just Bidenesque word salad.

Canada2017
Doc Holliday said:

I think he's a troll bro

Yeah

Troll 1 can barely spell.

Troll 2 can actually put sentences together .
Waco1947
Canada2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

fadskier said:

Waco1947 said:

Final Definition --

No, I am a scholar and preacher. Organizing thoughts is what I do. I gave this one my best effort
Waco1947
whitetrash said:

Canada2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

fadskier said:

Waco1947 said:

Final Definition --

It's just Bidenesque word salad.

Unkind Whitetrash and uncalled for. I would hope you actually read it.
Waco1947
fadskier said:

Waco1947 said:

1. Social justice, -- I have these ideas to support my definition..
1) Community --- I am broadly defining as nation, state, city, community organizations (churches, bowling leagues, Gun Clubs, etc) one's neighborhood, one's family, and finally one's heart.

Final Definition -- Social justice means that unfair obstacles (race, gender, sexual identity,faith community or non-faith, national origin, age (Seniors) are removed in realizing an opportunity -- IF the candidate is otherwise qualified by skill, education, tools, etc., Social justice also mean that human rights are protected in what ever social community one is of which one is a member. Finally, it means that one's heart strives for justice and recognizes human rights.

Canada2017
Waco1947 said:

Canada2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

fadskier said:

Waco1947 said:

Final Definition --

No, I am a scholar and preacher. Organizing thoughts is what I do. I gave this one my best effort

And then your other contributor can't spell.
Waco1947
Waco1947

still real
Waco1947
D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

Do you understand what they are?
Yes, I do

Do you understand why "white privilege" is an inaccurate and even detrimental term?
Yes I do. White privilege is a misunderstood concept.
1. Clinging to a supposed definition is detrimental to white people. Whites dismiss the idea of white privilege out of hand.
2. White privilege is detrimental to white people because they fear its implications for their "self-reliant" or "Pulled up by bootstraps" White privilege reveals some started ahead others and blacks simply the same equality of opportunity as whites.
And equality means not just laws which do indeed strike down inequality but equality culturally and socially.
Waco1947
D. C. Bear
Waco1947 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

Yes, I do

Do you understand why "white privilege" is an inaccurate and even detrimental term?
1. Clinging to a supposed definition is detrimental to white people. Whites dismiss the idea of white privilege out of hand.
2. White privilege is detrimental to white people because they fear its implications for their "self-reliant" or "Pulled up by bootstraps" White privilege reveals some started ahead others and blacks simply the same equality of opportunity as whites.
And equality means not just laws which do indeed strike down inequality but equality culturally and socially.

You clearly do not understand.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Waco1947 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

Yes, I do

Your term white privilege is actually you liberals way of telling black people "I am better than you, have always been better than you, and will always be better than you.". This common theme by whites on the Left is pretty sickening to me. Not acceptable.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
JXL
Waco1947 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

Yes, I do

So given the choice, you would prefer to grow up as the son of a single white mom who is a cashier at 7-11 for minimum wage, than as the child of a black millionaire?
Robert Wilson
JXL said:

Waco1947 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

Yes, I do

So given the choice, you would prefer to grow up as the son of a single white mom who is a cashier at 7-11 for minimum wage, than as the child of a black millionaire?
That's the problem with identity politics. It makes no sense unless you're willing to splice it all the way down to the individual.
Waco1947
HashTag said:

"Social" Justice
Shouldn't be real

Racial Injustice
Not as rampant as you believe. Also, In this day and age if you're black, no one is telling you that "you can't build that"... you know, besides Obama

White Privilege
Is a made up term/narrative for snowflakes to try and hide their racism for apologizing for being born a color they had no control over. Problem is that many in the African American community has fallen for it hook, line and sinker. African Americans can accomplish anything they want, no one is stopping them except themselves.

Black Live Matter
Very real and judging by their rhetoric and actions, we should all be concerned.

Why do whites get so fragile when talking about race. It is as if they acknowledge social justice, white privilege, racial injustice or black lives matter, This movement and these goals are real. Instead of being so fragile and defensive do some research,
'We have to stop thinking about racism as someone who says the N-word' Robin DiAngelo
Waco1947
Jack Bauer
Waco1947
fadskier said:

Waco1947 said:

I did and got no response
Waco1947
Waco1947
Have any of you had an overdue awakening to Social justice, racial injustice, white privilege ,black lives matter?
Waco1947
whitetrash
Waco1947 said:

Have any of you had an overdue awakening to Social justice, racial injustice, white privilege ,black lives matter?
I had an awakening about 4am last Saturday morning, but that was because of the thunderstorms rolling through.
Sam Lowry
Waco1947 said:

HashTag said:

"Social" Justice
Shouldn't be real

Racial Injustice
Not as rampant as you believe. Also, In this day and age if you're black, no one is telling you that "you can't build that"... you know, besides Obama

White Privilege
Is a made up term/narrative for snowflakes to try and hide their racism for apologizing for being born a color they had no control over. Problem is that many in the African American community has fallen for it hook, line and sinker. African Americans can accomplish anything they want, no one is stopping them except themselves.

Black Live Matter
Very real and judging by their rhetoric and actions, we should all be concerned.

Why do whites get so fragile when talking about race. It is as if they acknowledge social justice, white privilege, racial injustice or black lives matter, This movement and these goals are real. Instead of being so fragile and defensive do some research,
'We have to stop thinking about racism as someone who says the N-word' Robin DiAngelo
Because racist is the new bourgeois.

"We are exterminating the bourgeoisie as a class. In your investigations, don't look for documents or evidence about what the defendant has done. The first question you should ask him is what class he comes from, what are his roots, his education, his training."
Flaming Moderate
JXL said:

Waco1947 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

Yes, I do

That's why the question will never get answered. The closest you'll get is an attempted dodge, usually around driving while black but never a clear answer - all the concepts grow in the emotional and undefined and wilt under the specifics and the details.
Waco1947
whitetrash said:

Waco1947 said:

I had an awakening about 4am last Saturday morning, but that was because of the thunderstorms rolling through.
Gratuitous
Waco1947
Waco1947
JXL said:

Waco1947 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

Yes, I do

So that Black child is a protester caught in front of the WH as the President sends the riot police ahead of him. Now what? Does his wealth help as he flees in front of tear gas and rubber bullets.
Waco1947
Jack Bauer
What the F did I just read? This is a cartoon character she is talking about.

D. C. Bear
Waco1947 said:

JXL said:

Waco1947 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

Yes, I do

So that Black child is a protester caught in front of the WH as the President sends the riot police ahead of him. Now what? Does his wealth help as he flees in front of tear gas and rubber bullets.

White kid could be protesting, too.

Why are you reluctant to answer his question?
Waco1947
D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

JXL said:

Waco1947 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

Yes, I do

So given the choice, you would prefer to grow up as the son of a single white mom who is a cashier at 7-11 for minimum wage, than as the child of a black millionaire? Impossible to answer. If I am white? Do I have my brains? Do I have my athletic abilities? Am I male? Am I straight? Am I tall and muscular? Am I short? Am I able bodied?

White kid could be protesting, too.

Why are you reluctant to answer his question?
Flaming Moderate
I had an entire thread an no one could identify a single example of so-called "systematic" racism. These are intentionally vague, undefined terms used to bully, berate, and secure economic advantage. All of these allegations and concepts collapse under specifics.
Waco1947
Flaming Moderate said:

I had an entire thread an no one could identify a single example of so-called "systematic" racism. These are intentionally vague, undefined terms used to bully, berate, and secure economic advantage. All of these allegations and concepts collapse under specifics.
Tell me about your community?
How many blacks on the city council?
How many blacks on the school board?
How many blacks on your police force force/fire department??
How many black businesses?
How many white private schools?
How many white churches?
Thank you in advance
Robert Wilson
Flaming Moderate said:

Yup. I'd be willing to work with the term endemic racism (generally tied to poverty), but systemic racism is a nonsensical term.
Flaming Moderate
Waco1947 said:

Flaming Moderate said:

Tell me about your community?
How many blacks on the city council?
How many blacks on the school board?
How many blacks on your police force force/fire department??
How many black businesses?
How many white private schools?
How many white churches?
Thank you in advance
So I'll take that as you do not have ONE SINGLE EXAMPLE of so-called "systematic" racism.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.