Prediction: Trump will resign, Pence will pardon him. What do you think?

8,468 Views | 147 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by HuMcK
Dnicknames
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BornAgain said:

You really think trump is in legal trouble ?? Your sources besides MSM and anyone that he has fired.

He could be charged federally with violating the Emoluments Clause in the constitution. A new prosecutor could win that case easily. But I don't think Biden will pursue it.

Until someone sees Trump's tax returns, nobody really knows how strong the tax evasion and fraud case is in NY.

Trump's old attorney paints a damning picture. I'm of the opinion that the tax returns weren't released for a reason, and it wasn't b/c of an audit or to hide wealth from the public.
Whiskey Pete
TexasScientist said:

Prediction: Trump will resign, Pence will pardon him

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/525845-prediction-trump-will-resign-pence-will-pardon-him

I think he has to, if he is smart. What do you think?
I think you're an idiot.
Whiskey Pete
TexasScientist said:

OsoCoreyell said:

TexasScientist said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

TexasScientist said:

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/525845-prediction-trump-will-resign-pence-will-pardon-him

Pardon him for what? Being Donald Trump?
Yep, for being Donald Trump. For federal charges of bank fraud, money laundering, RICO act violations etc.
Do you ever wonder if maybe you're the lefty analogue of the crazy old dude watching Hannity on TV getting high on rage and kooky conspiracies?
Except I'm not a lefty. I'm just not a Trumpet. We know he has been under investigation by the Southern District, with further action in abeyance until he leaves office.
Let me guess, life long Republican?
Sam Lowry
I don't think he's quite that concerned about criminal liability. Campaign finance violations and obstruction of justice will go nowhere. Emoluments isn't even a criminal charge. Tax fraud maybe, but we've yet to see much evidence. I'm guessing he's a lot more worried about his debts.
JXL
Since everything Schiff said about the FISA court turned out to be wrong, he would seem to be well qualified to serve as Biden's AG.

https://thefederalist.com/2019/12/10/ig-report-confirms-schiff-fisa-memo-media-praised-was-riddled-with-lies/

Wrecks Quan Dough
Dnicknames said:

BornAgain said:

You really think trump is in legal trouble ?? Your sources besides MSM and anyone that he has fired.

He could be charged federally with violating the Emoluments Clause in the constitution. A new prosecutor could win that case easily. But I don't think Biden will pursue it.

Until someone sees Trump's tax returns, nobody really knows how strong the tax evasion and fraud case is in NY.

Trump's old attorney paints a damning picture. I'm of the opinion that the tax returns weren't released for a reason, and it wasn't b/c of an audit or to hide wealth from the public.

So much stupid in this post that it is hard to know where to start.
Osodecentx
PartyBear said:

Fubar, Biden will not pardon Trump and even if he had thought about it. I'm sure Trump is burning that avenue as we speak despite Biden's good natured dare I say Reaganesque demeanor about what Trump is doing right now. If Trump's only pardon is from himself, the feds will proceed anyway and his pardon can be an issue for appeal and it won't stand. Unless Cuomo pardons him, a presidential pardon really doesn't mean a whole lot anyway.
Can Trump pardon Trump?

Why not? The authority is absolute (even if it shouldn't be)
GrowlTowel
HuMcK said:

Maybe next time don't sell your entire souls to such an unrepentant criminal and you won't have to worry about such things. Especially now, with Trump spreading conspiracies and deliberately undermining the foundations of our Republic to save his own skin, the only (narrow) path to reconciliation involves accountability for Trump.

Good God man, you voted for Killary. You have no moral high ground from which to lecture.
Your ideas are intriguing to me, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
HuMcK
You assume too much. I voted for Evan McMullin in 2016.
Oldbear83
"Maybe next time don't sell your entire souls to such an unrepentant criminal "

That goes both ways, boyo. And some would say it's worse on your end.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
TexasScientist
Sam Lowry said:

I don't think he's quite that concerned about criminal liability. Campaign finance violations and obstruction of justice will go nowhere. Emoluments isn't even a criminal charge. Tax fraud maybe, but we've yet to see much evidence. I'm guessing he's a lot more worried about his debts.
Debts yes. But I wouldn't discount tax fraud and banking fraud. If he did what Cohen says with his financial statements, he has real exposure there with NY, even if the Feds won't go after a former president.
riflebear
HuMcK said:

Can't lie, the idea of an Attorney General Schiff intrigues me about as much as I bet it terrifies Trump.

I respect some of your posts even though I disagree but if this is a serious post you've lost me. Schiff is the biggest liar in DC. He is the most unethical politician I've ever seen. You really want him as AG? Please tell me this was sarcasm and I missed it.
Osodecentx
TexasScientist said:

A president pardoning himself is a novel idea. The courts have not ruled on this. Have Trump attorneys told him this?
From the link:
Third, Trump will be told by his attorneys that he has no option to pardon himself. He probably has already been told this. The worst case for Trump, both legally and politically, is that he tries to pardon himself, creates a wave of national outrage, and his pardon of himself is overturned by the courts.
PartyBear
Osodecentx said:

PartyBear said:

Fubar, Biden will not pardon Trump and even if he had thought about it. I'm sure Trump is burning that avenue as we speak despite Biden's good natured dare I say Reaganesque demeanor about what Trump is doing right now. If Trump's only pardon is from himself, the feds will proceed anyway and his pardon can be an issue for appeal and it won't stand. Unless Cuomo pardons him, a presidential pardon really doesn't mean a whole lot anyway.
Can Trump pardon Trump?

Trump can use that as a defense to a federal prosecution. I don't think it will hold up. I think you might even be surprised about how lopsided the majority vote in SCOTUS would be when it reached there. I think it likely is even the same number that the Nixon tape rulings got.
Porteroso
OsoCoreyell said:

TexasScientist said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

TexasScientist said:

Pardon him for what? Being Donald Trump?
Yep, for being Donald Trump. For federal charges of bank fraud, money laundering, RICO act violations etc.
Do you ever wonder if maybe you're the lefty analogue of the crazy old dude watching Hannity on TV getting high on rage and kooky conspiracies?

You really don't think the AOCs of the world won't push for an investigation into his conduct, especially Rico violations? And I'm curious, do you really think he's squeaky clean?
PartyBear
The AOC's of the world? Try your George Wills, Steve Schmidts, Colin Powell's etc.

The bottom line is that a restored and real DOJ look at it and determine whether there is enough to get a conviction. Mueller said he had enough for what he investigated him on. The DOJ should make its decision without regard to politics.

Wrecks Quan Dough
Osodecentx said:

TexasScientist said:

A president pardoning himself is a novel idea. The courts have not ruled on this. Have Trump attorneys told him this?
From the link:
Third, Trump will be told by his attorneys that he has no option to pardon himself. He probably has already been told this. The worst case for Trump, both legally and politically, is that he tries to pardon himself, creates a wave of national outrage, and his pardon of himself is overturned by the courts.
Why would Trump's attorneys say that when the Supreme Court has characterized the Presidential Pardon power as unlimited except as to impeachment? As long President Trump does not try to unimpeach himself or pardon himself for the non-criminal allegations he was impeached over, then he is well within his otherwise unlimited power.

See Ex Parte Garland (1866).
TexasScientist
Osodecentx said:

TexasScientist said:

From the link:
I think most legal experts believe he cannot pardon himself, although there is no prohibition in the constitution. He would truly be outside of the law if he could. He presumably could pardon himself from impeachable offenses also. It's not likely the SC would rule that he could.
Wrecks Quan Dough
TexasScientist said:

Osodecentx said:

TexasScientist said:

From the link:
I think most legal experts believe he cannot pardon himself, although there is no prohibition in the constitution. He would truly be outside of the law if he could. He presumably could pardon himself from impeachable offenses also. It's not likely the SC would rule that he could.

Whatever you do, don't take time to research before you post.
Osodecentx
Sam Lowry said:

Tax fraud maybe, but we've yet to see much evidence. I'm guessing he's a lot more worried about his debts.
And there is a statute of limitations on tax returns
Osodecentx
TexasScientist said:

Osodecentx said:

TexasScientist said:

From the link:
I disagree.
Osodecentx
PartyBear said:

Osodecentx said:

PartyBear said:

Can Trump pardon Trump?

Trump can use that as a defense to a federal prosecution. I don't think it will hold up. I think you might even be surprised about how lopsided the majority vote in SCOTUS would be when it reached there. I think it likely is even the same number that the Nixon tape rulings got.
Is there a link or is this speculation?
Sam Lowry
Osodecentx said:

Sam Lowry said:

Tax fraud maybe, but we've yet to see much evidence. I'm guessing he's a lot more worried about his debts.
Could be tolled during presidential immunity, but I'm not sure.
Oldbear83
Thinking Trump will face Tax Fraud charges after all the years of IRS audits is second in absurdity to expecting Trump will come back to win Michigan.

Third place belongs to the notion that Trump will resign the Presidency.

There's some impressive imaginations at work here.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
TexasScientist
Osodecentx said:

Sam Lowry said:

I don't believe there is any limitation in the case of tax fraud.
Osodecentx
TexasScientist said:

Osodecentx said:

Sam Lowry said:

From this, I think there is a SOL for criminal liability, but not for civil liability (but I don't know)

Is there a statute of limitations on federal tax fraud?

The general rule of thumb is that the IRS has 3 years to audit your tax returns. ... Although the IRS is limited to how far back it can look when filing charges in criminal court, there is no statute of limitations for civil tax fraud. This means the IRS can look back as far as it wants when suing for civil fraud.
TexasScientist
Osodecentx said:

TexasScientist said:

Osodecentx said:

Sam Lowry said:

From this, I think there is a SOL for criminal liability, but not for civil liability (but I don't know)

Is there a statute of limitations on federal tax fraud?

The general rule of thumb is that the IRS has 3 years to audit your tax returns. ... Although the IRS is limited to how far back it can look when filing charges in criminal court, there is no statute of limitations for civil tax fraud. This means the IRS can look back as far as it wants when suing for civil fraud.
It's my understanding there is a 3 year statute on audits, but there is no limitation on how far back to they can go for fraud. I would have assumed that would include fraudulent criminal activity.
HuMcK
HuMcK said:

Can't lie, the idea of an Attorney General Schiff intrigues me about as much as I bet it terrifies Trump.

fadskier
HuMcK said:

Maybe next time don't sell your entire souls to such an unrepentant criminal and you won't have to worry about such things. Especially now, with Trump spreading conspiracies and deliberately undermining the foundations of our Republic to save his own skin, the only (narrow) path to reconciliation involves accountability for Trump.
How did anyone sell their soul? People vote on policy. I would be selling my soul if I voted for policies that I diagree with just because I don't like someone's personality. This isn't elementary school.
Salute the Marines - Joe Biden
Oldbear83
fadskier said:

HuMcK said:

How did anyone sell their soul? People vote on policy. I would be selling my soul if I voted for policies that I diagree with just because I don't like someone's personality. This isn't elementary school.
Given the tone in this thread, I expect we will soon hear that anyone who voted for Trump has "cooties".
fadskier
Oldbear83 said:

fadskier said:

HuMcK said:

Given the tone in this thread, I expect we will soon hear that anyone who voted for Trump has "cooties".
The hate is strong in them.
Sam Lowry
Oldbear83 said:

fadskier said:

HuMcK said:

Given the staunch resistance to hygiene, you never know.
HuMcK
You didn't just "vote for policy", you (and a lot of others) stood by and defended every step over the line, no matter how heinous. You parroted every narrative that helped Trump avoid accountability of any kind, cheered him on while he called Dems scum and investigative journalists "enemies of the people", and you continue to toe the line while he tries to steal an election that he lost.
fadskier
HuMcK said:

You didn't just "vote for policy", you (and a lot of others) stood by and defended every step over the line, no matter how heinous. You parroted every narrative that helped Trump avoid accountability of any kind, cheered him on while he called Dems scum and investigative journalists "enemies of the people", and you continue to toe the line while he tries to steal an election that he lost.
Show me where I've done that..again, you're just playing identity poitics. Trump was not my first or second choice but I voted for conservative policies.

There are journalisst that are enemies of the people when they slant news...on both sides.

I fail to see how he is stealing an election. He is exercising his right ot protest demand (and even pay for) recounts. If you look through my posts, I have stated that he will not find enough irregularities to win the election.

IN 2016 it was liberal policies (Hillary) v. conservative policies (Trump) I voted accordingly. I did the same in 2020.

Perhaps you should brush up on civics and government of this country n which you reside...then explain how he is atealing the election and how he has avoided accountabilty...I'll wait...
Oldbear83
Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

fadskier said:

HuMcK said:

Given the staunch resistance to hygiene, you never know.
That's more the ANTIFA thing, from what I can tell ...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.