Will Barr be fired?

4,744 Views | 97 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Osodecentx
J.B.Katz
How long do you want to ignore this user?
He just announced the DOJ had found no evidence of widespread voter fraud.

How long will he last?
4th and Inches
J.B.Katz said:

He just announced the DOJ had found no evidence of widespread voter fraud...

Acknowledged there was voter fraud but not enough to change the election yet...

Also said it was a civil case not a DOJ case at this time.
corrected for accuracy... read everything, not the fanct headlines
fubar
If he's fired -- and he will be, soon -- I hope that wuzzy and Florduh are close to their phones. There's a cabinet position that's right up their alley.
Canada2017
fubar said:

If he's fired -- and he will be, soon -- I hope that wuzzy and Florduh are close to their phones. There's a cabinet position that's right up their alley.
Trump could do anything at this point.

Fire Barr, release a sex tape, nuke Bolivia ....anything .
fubar
Canada2017 said:

fubar said:

This is one weird time to be in America, because you are right. He could do ... anything.
J.R.
fubar said:

Canada2017 said:

fubar said:

This is one weird time to be in America, because you are right. He could do ... anything.
And he very well may! I hope Trump fires him. He deserves it!
J.R.
J.R. said:

fubar said:

Canada2017 said:

fubar said:

And he very well may! I hope Trump fires him. He deserves it! And I hope Biden re-hires all the good people that were career civil servants.
J.B.Katz
Gruvin said:

J.B.Katz said:

https://apnews.com/article/election-2020-joe-biden-donald-trump-elections-william-barr-b1f1488796c9a98c4b1a9061a6c7f49d

WASHINGTON (AP) Attorney General William Barr said Tuesday the Justice Department has not uncovered evidence of widespread voter fraud that would change the outcome of the 2020 presidential election.

His comments come despite President Donald Trump's repeated claims that the election was stolen, and his refusal to concede his loss to President-Elect Joe Biden.

In an interview with The Associated Press, Barr said U.S. attorneys and FBI agents have been working to follow up specific complaints and information they've received, but they've uncovered no evidence that would change the outcome of the election.
Dnicknames
Didn't Trump already fire an acting AG for refusing to publicly defend an illegal travel ban? I don't recall...

And what kind of crazy could Trump really pull off in five weeks?

Crazy like naming racists as very fine people?
Crazy like trying to buy Greenland unsolicited?
Crazy like holding a press conference to tell America vaccines may cause autism?
Crazy like inviting a Russian ambassador to the Oval and revealing classified intelligence?
Crazy like calling allies a group of "****hole countries"?
Crazy like firing an AG by tweet?

These last few years have been crazy stable, right?
fubar
President DJT: I've called this news conference to announce that B-52 bombers of the United States have dropped three, count 'em, three nuclear bombs on Bolivia. My nuclear button is beautiful. Bigly, and ... beautiful. The mushroom clouds remind me of my ... never mind that. We dropped those nukes to end the narcotics trafficking by Pedro Es ... Ecs ... Ess-co-Barr.

Fake News Reporter: Mr. President, do you mean Pablo Escobar?

DJT: That's what I said.

FNR: I believe you said "Pedro" ....

DJT: Pedro, Paco, the drug guy.

Second Reporter: Mr. President, Pablo Escobar has been dead for over 20 years!

DJT: He's a lot more dead now. Anyhow, we bombed Bolivia to put a halt to drugs coming in from the Med-el-yeen cartel.

Third Reporter: Mr. President, the Medellin cartel operated out of Medellin, in Colombia ...

{ DJT breaks out his sharpie ... } Any more questions from the Lamestream Media? Have a nice day ... and steer clear of Bolivia for the next 15 years.
George Truett
Gruvin said:

J.B.Katz said:

You're grasping at straws.
Dnicknames
fubar said:

President DJT: I've called this news conference to announce that B-52 bombers of the United States have dropped three, count 'em, three nuclear bombs on Bolivia. My nuclear button is beautiful. Bigly, and ... beautiful. The mushroom clouds remind me of my ... never mind that. We dropped those nukes to end the narcotics trafficking by Pedro Es ... Ecs ... Ess-co-Barr.

DJT: He's a lot more dead now. Anyhow, we bombed Bolivia to put a halt to drugs coming in from the Med-el-yeen cartel.

Third Reporter: Mr. President, the Medellin cartel operated out of Medellin, in Colombia ...

{ DJT breaks out his sharpie ... } Any more questions from the Lamestream Media? Have a nice day ... and steer clear of Bolivia for the next 15 years.

Sounds like "the city of Belgium" he threatened in real life
Dnicknames

My personal favorite
J.B.Katz
Dnicknames said:

fubar said:

Sounds like "the city of Belgium" he threatened in real life
This would all be hilarious if Trump hadn't been our president for four years with slavish support from lots of otherwise good guys who went to my school.
J.B.Katz
George Truett said:

Gruvin said:

J.B.Katz said:

Naw, he's just tucking his shirt in. Nothing to grasp there.
Canada2017
fubar said:

Canada2017 said:

fubar said:

Yep, then we get an incredible fragile 78 year old .

Good times !
J.B.Katz
Canada2017 said:

fubar said:

Canada2017 said:

fubar said:

Good times !
Biden's the same age as Mitch McConnell and looks better.

Charles Grassley is 87 and back in the office after covid.

Feinstein is 87.

Pelosi is 80.

Trump is 74 and looks worse than all of them.

Giuliani is 76 and looks like he's been embalmed already.

You may wish that Biden were frail and won't survive for a second term, but you'll probably be disappointed.

Bexar Pitts
J.B.Katz said:

Canada2017 said:

fubar said:

Canada2017 said:

fubar said:

Good times !

Feinstein is 87.

Pelosi is 80.

You may wish that Biden were frail and won't survive for a second term, but you'll probably be disappointed.

"Giuliani is 76 and looks like he's been embalmed already." Don't give him any ideas. If he's charged with any offenses, he may claim exactly that! Hard to prosecute a cadaver. No crazier than some of the stuff he's tried to use so far.
Stranger
Can anybody tell me what happened to Hunter Biden? That looks like a Pulitzer waiting to happen.
I'm a Bearbacker
J.B.Katz
Bexar Pitts said:

J.B.Katz said:

Canada2017 said:

fubar said:

Canada2017 said:

fubar said:

Good times !

Feinstein is 87.

Pelosi is 80.

"Giuliani is 76 and looks like he's been embalmed already." Don't give him any ideas. If he's charged with any offenses, he may claim exactly that! Hard to prosecute a cadaver. No crazier than some of the stuff he's tried to use so far.

Maybe embalming fluid is what was leaking down his face during that bat-sh--t crazy presser. His make-up job looked like the kind they do at the funeral parlor to make mean ole granddaddy look respectable for the viewing.
J.B.Katz
Stranger said:

Can anybody tell me what happened to Hunter Biden? That looks like a Pulitzer waiting to happen.
New reality show: Hunter and Don Jr. on an island with only food and clothes for one man. Which one survives?
4th and Inches
George Truett said:

Gruvin said:

J.B.Katz said:

straws are illegal now... didnt you hear?!
PartyBear
J.B.Katz said:

Canada2017 said:

fubar said:

Canada2017 said:

fubar said:

Good times !

Feinstein is 87.

Pelosi is 80.

Speaking of embalming. McConnell looks like he has been dead as long as Lenin.
Bexar Pitts
Stranger said:

Transition team probably has him "in the cellar" until late January. ;-) I'm sure SNL will have his character well portrayed next season. Lots of storylines ahead. Ain't this a mess!
contrario
LIQR is this the declining discourse you were talking about? We have guys arguing over which 80-year old (or almost 80-year old) looks closer to death. Our country is fcked.
PartyBear
I'm guessing Barr has lost control of DOJ because they are doing their jobs again. Sounds like a mutiny against Barr. DOJ Just announced an investigation into bribes to the WH for pardons.
Bexar Pitts
contrario said:

LIQR is this the declining discourse you were talking about? We have guys arguing over which 80-year old (or almost 80-year old) looks closer to death. Our country is fcked.
Please pardon the lack of sophistication in my discourse. I wasn't aware this was a mensa only message board. I'll try to refrain from such frivolous chatter. I'll brush up on world affairs and try to accommodate your required level of conversation.
PartyBear
What Contrario is actually saying is you can only make fun of Democrats. If you do that Bexar Pitts your level of discourse is just fine to him.
4th and Inches
George Truett said:

Gruvin said:

J.B.Katz said:

did you actually listen to his comments or did you just take one of your lame Street media's word for it Also you might want to look up the definition of voter fraud and also look up the definition of election fraud. Did he claim they have looked at anything related to the machines or questioned any witnesses related to election fraud? Once you've read all of his comments then you might understand where I'm going with that
HuMcK
No connection other than timing, but damn is that some interesting timing.
Bexar Pitts
PartyBear said:

What Contrario is actually saying is you can only make fun of Democrats. If you do that Bexar Pitts your level of discourse is just fine to him.
I caught his drift, PB. Just thought I'd throw out a small "retort." :-) I actually believe we're better off making fun "with" all sides..including ourselves. Life's too short to be bugged by "trivials" Be well, amigo!
PartyBear
The administration is starting to look like the communist dictatorships in Eastern Europe in Nov/Dec 89 as they were collapsing. They have lost control of their bureaucracies which have turned on them. The DOJ looks to be getting some corruption cases ready to go for the new boss, Trump and Barr be damned. Literally damned there is only one person in the WH who can give pardons and be bribed for them.
4th and Inches
From a DOJ spokesperson: "Some media outlets have incorrectly reported that the Department has concluded its investigation of election fraud and announced an affirmative finding of no fraud in the election. That is not what the Associated Press reported nor what the Attorney General stated. The Department will continue to receive and vigorously pursue all specific and credible allegations of fraud as expeditiously as possible."

Notice it says election fraud, not voter fraud...
TexasScientist
Gruvin said:

From a DOJ spokesperson: "Some media outlets have incorrectly reported that the Department has concluded its investigation of election fraud and announced an affirmative finding of no fraud in the election. That is not what the Associated Press reported nor what the Attorney General stated. The Department will continue to receive and vigorously pursue all specific and credible allegations of fraud as expeditiously as possible."

Notice it says election fraud, not voter fraud...
Barr didn't name Powell specifically but said: "There's been one assertion that would be systemic fraud and that would be the claim that machines were programmed essentially to skew the election results. And the DHS and DOJ have looked into that, and so far, we haven't seen anything to substantiate that."

https://apnews.com/article/barr-no-widespread-election-fraud-b1f1488796c9a98c4b1a9061a6c7f49d
contrario
PartyBear said:

Nope, you missed the point entirely. I just wish the people on the extremes would be consistent. And I was referring to a point LIQR made in another thread about how devolved we have become as a society. But carry on. But when a Republican stoops to the same level as you guys are, don't btch about it like you guys always do. And same goes to the republicans that stoop to these levels. I'm so sick of the selective outrage
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.