Ted Cruz bails to Cancun

28,276 Views | 430 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by boognish_bear
D. C. Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bear2be2 said:

D. C. Bear said:

bear2be2 said:

D. C. Bear said:

bear2be2 said:

Ted Cruz is human trash -- a sniveling weasel of a man. I'm not sure what more he needs to do to prove that to some people.

Well, all he needs to do to become a "man of the people" is change that (R) at the end of his name to a (D).

No, he'd be an eminently punchable ****bag regardless of the letter next to his name.

And if you think the Democrats'would ever accept or embrace Ted Cruz, you're out of your mind. They've got plenty of unscrupulous and ineffectual politicians of their own. But you don't win on that side by being an intentional and overt *******.

There are plenty of human trash/weasels with a (D) next to their name, but you aren't likely to be posting that they are human trash/weasels.

I've been extremely critical of Democrats who do the same types of things that Cruz was caught doing here. You should go back and read what I've said about the Democrats' congressional leaders, particularly Nancy Pelosi.

I know it's hard to believe that not everyone plays in a hyperpartisan sandbox where rules only apply to your political adversaries, but I've got no use for any of these hypocrites and feel no obligation whatsoever to defend any of them. Hypocrisy is hypocrisy.

Did you refer to her as "human trash?"
Waco1947
Doc Holliday said:

I don't see the problem, the precedent was set last year with all these lockdown crazies taking vacations and having expensive large dinners like Gavin Newsom.

Now some of ya'll are outraged?

Hypocrites to the highest order.
So is your position that hypocrisy makes it ok for Cruz to fly off ok?
Waco1947 ,la
Canada2017
Don't particularly like Cruz.....but if he chooses to go to Cancun .....so the hell what ?

bear2be2
D. C. Bear said:

bear2be2 said:

D. C. Bear said:

bear2be2 said:

D. C. Bear said:

bear2be2 said:

Ted Cruz is human trash -- a sniveling weasel of a man. I'm not sure what more he needs to do to prove that to some people.

Well, all he needs to do to become a "man of the people" is change that (R) at the end of his name to a (D).

No, he'd be an eminently punchable ****bag regardless of the letter next to his name.

And if you think the Democrats'would ever accept or embrace Ted Cruz, you're out of your mind. They've got plenty of unscrupulous and ineffectual politicians of their own. But you don't win on that side by being an intentional and overt *******.

There are plenty of human trash/weasels with a (D) next to their name, but you aren't likely to be posting that they are human trash/weasels.

I've been extremely critical of Democrats who do the same types of things that Cruz was caught doing here. You should go back and read what I've said about the Democrats' congressional leaders, particularly Nancy Pelosi.

I know it's hard to believe that not everyone plays in a hyperpartisan sandbox where rules only apply to your political adversaries, but I've got no use for any of these hypocrites and feel no obligation whatsoever to defend any of them. Hypocrisy is hypocrisy.

Did you refer to her as "human trash?"

Probably. I loathe Nancy Pelosi.
Doc Holliday
Waco1947 said:

Doc Holliday said:

I don't see the problem, the precedent was set last year with all these lockdown crazies taking vacations and having expensive large dinners like Gavin Newsom.

Ted Cruz needs to step down. We need to bankrupt him too.
Waco1947
HuMcK said:

Did you catch me defending any of the pols breaking their own lockdown orders? It is beyond inexcusable for Cruz to hightail it to Cancun while the state suffers, so why are you here excusing it?
Same for me. I never defended Gavin. So why are supporters excusing it here?
Waco1947 ,la
Waco1947
D. C. Bear said:

Lighten up. He's just visiting some of his future constituents.
Now that is funny said this lefty
Waco1947 ,la
Mothra
HuMcK said:

Did you catch me defending any of the pols breaking their own lockdown orders?
Nope. You were silent as usual.

But if a Republican politician had done so, you can bet the house you would have been on here in hysterics.
Mothra
Waco1947 said:

HuMcK said:

Did you catch me defending any of the pols breaking their own lockdown orders? It is beyond inexcusable for Cruz to hightail it to Cancun while the state suffers, so why are you here excusing it?
Indeed. You are likewise typically silent when your side of the aisle messes up. I've never seen you say anything critical about a Dem in all your years on this board.
bubbadog
D. C. Bear said:

bear2be2 said:

A scumbag by any other name is still a scumbag.

Ted's career arc reminds me a little of Newt Gingrich.
Newt was a radical member of the SDS at Tulane. Then as he plotted out a political career, he realized that, in those days, he could have a faster rise to power as a conservative Republican in Georgia than as a Democrat. In other words, his politics were not born out of conviction but out of opportunism.

Ted wants power for Ted. If it were more advantageous for him politically to be aligned with The Squad, Ted would start wearing white pant suits and hanging out with AOC.
HuMcK
Mothra said:

HuMcK said:

But if a Republican politician had done so, you can bet the house you would have been on here in hysterics.

I searched the first page and must have missed your brave statement on the topic of the thread.
Waco1947
Mothra said:

Waco1947 said:

HuMcK said:

Indeed. You are likewise typically silent when your side of the aisle messes up. I've never seen you say anything critical about a Dem in all your years on this board.
I suppose I could point out several times like "Defund the Police" was a stupid motto.however what proof would you need?
Waco1947 ,la
J.R.
Doc Holliday said:

Doc, you are certified insane. You have no problem with this? So, while I'm without power , water or toilets for 3 days with no communication from ERCOT or anyone else, the mfer thinks it's a good idea to fly to Cancun where it's nice and toasty. That ain't a good look, bro. Did he fly right over that wall to be with the dirty meskins? ***** that guy. What a ******. Oh, and have you seen the clips of him just obliterating CA as their grid failed a few years ago? Now that would be hypocritical. He needs to go.
Doc Holliday
J.R. said:

Doc Holliday said:

Doc, you are certified insane. You have no problem with this? So, while I'm without power , water or toilets for 3 days with no communication from ERCOT or anyone else, the mfer thinks it's a good idea to fly to Cancun where it's nice and toasty. That ain't a good look, bro. Did he fly right over that wall to be with the dirty meskins? ***** that guy. What a ******. Oh, and have you seen the clips of him just obliterating CA as their grid failed a few years ago? Now that would be hypocritical. He needs to go.
Agreed. He should step down.
Doc Holliday
Waco1947 said:

Mothra said:

Waco1947 said:

HuMcK said:

I suppose I could point out several times like "Defund the Police" was a stupid motto.however what proof would you need?

Doesn't it make you a racist if you don't support defunding the police?
Mothra
HuMcK said:

Mothra said:

HuMcK said:

I searched the first page and must have missed your brave statement on the topic of the thread.
Because traveling to Cancun as opposed to getting photo opps isn't that big a deal to me.

If you haven't seen me critical of Republicans before, then you aren't reading. You on the other hand will toe the party line no matter how heinous. You've proven that time and time again, which is why I pointed out the rich irony of your initial post.
Mothra
Waco1947 said:

Mothra said:

Waco1947 said:

HuMcK said:

Well, at least that would be something...
D. C. Bear
bubbadog said:

D. C. Bear said:

bear2be2 said:

Newt was a radical member of the SDS at Tulane. Then as he plotted out a political career, he realized that, in those days, he could have a faster rise to power as a conservative Republican in Georgia than as a Democrat. In other words, his politics were not born out of conviction but out of opportunism.

Ted wants power for Ted. If it were more advantageous for him politically to be aligned with The Squad, Ted would start wearing white pant suits and hanging out with AOC.

A scumbag by any other name is still a scumbag, but put a (D) there instead of an (R) and that same kind of person is lauded as a "man of the people."

Maybe Gingrich changed his mind. People sometimes do.
sombear
Never liked Cruz but this is a non-issue. This is one of the most popular vacation weeks. If I had a planned family vacation, I would have taken it too. Because of social media, we care far too much about "optics." Now, is it a bad move politically? No doubt. I'm sure social media is eating it up.
Jack Bauer
And then you have Beta O'Rourke on the other spectrum who will virtual signal with fake actions to the Nth degree.
Wrecks Quan Dough
Waco1947 said:

Carlos Safety said:

Just more proof that when you and your neighbors are in need, you don't need a politician. You need each other.
Is your position ---- that in this crisis we need each other and that's all?
My position is that politicians don't mean a whole lot when the lights and water are not working. We need electricians, plumbers, neighbors, family, and friends. Those are who can help. Those are the people you can help. I honestly have not thought once that I needed to call a politician or elected official for anything. That is just not an impulse that I have felt in the past week.
bear2be2
I think this thread is a pretty good illustration of why Republicans are losing the demographic fight the way they are. In many cases, they -- and their constituents -- have lost or abandoned all sense of shared suffering and community in favor of a brand of individualism that simply manifests itself as selfishness.

You can see that in the number of "So what ..." responses here from hard-core libertarian or conservative types. The "so what" here is that Ted Cruz doesn't feel any real connection to his constituents and is only concerned about himself and his own well-being. Beyond showing an extreme lack of leadership in a time of crisis, this just exposes him for the selfish ******* he is. It's really that simple.
bear2be2
Jack Bauer said:

And then you have Beta O'Rourke on the other spectrum who will virtual signal with fake actions to the Nth degree.
Helping seniors in a time of crisis is "fake actions"?

Regardless of the motives, which I'm sure aren't entirely altruistic, Beto's actions have practical benefits for members of his community. Ted's have practical benefits for himself alone.
fadskier
Carlos Safety said:

Doc Holliday said:

It is poor optics. But Texas needs electricians and engineers right now, not politicians. Ted cannot help us now, so I don't begrudge him for going to a warm spot.
Exactly...plus this was probably a planned vacation. People just love to gripe about crap.

bear2be2
Carlos Safety said:

Waco1947 said:

Carlos Safety said:

Just more proof that when you and your neighbors are in need, you don't need a politician. You need each other.
My position is that politicians don't mean a whole lot when the lights and water are not working. We need electricians, plumbers, neighbors, family, and friends. Those are who can help. Those are the people you can help. I honestly have not thought once that I needed to call a politician or elected official for anything. That is just not an impulse that I have felt in the past week.
Leadership is always important, and it's especially so in times of crisis. That's it. That's the post.
fadskier
Waco1947 said:

Doc Holliday said:

Why is it not okay for him to go?

Newsom violated HIS OWN COVID orders. Cruz didn't.

At least speak with facts...oh wait, it's you
BaylorBJM
sombear said:

Never liked Cruz but this is a non-issue. This is one of the most popular vacation weeks. If I had a planned family vacation, I would have taken it too. Because of social media, we care far too much about "optics." Now, is it a bad move politically? No doubt. I'm sure social media is eating it up.

You're right, this is a huge vacation time of year. In fact, it's the first time since 2014 I haven't travelled out of country during this exact week. Several of my business friends are in the same boat too. But you know what? All but two of them cancelled. Some for personal reasons, some because flights were cancelled, and some believe it or not, because they run companies and restaurants which employ a lot of people. People who are generally paid by the hour and can't go in to work right now. Leaving now would be both bad for optics, and bad for their employees and respective families.

Littered throughout this mess the past 3-4 days have been acts of real kindness from good hearted people. People like Mattress Mack, Michael Huff, countless church leaders and well-known restauranteurs.

People offering up their homes and businesses as shelter, people buying meals in the thousands, people's driving around communities with their 4x4s to check on people who need help and deliver food and water, etc.

Those people are helping where it's needed the most.

Those who are doing the exact opposite are currently sitting first class on a plane to Mexico to get as far away as possible.
Wrecks Quan Dough
bear2be2 said:

Carlos Safety said:

Waco1947 said:

Carlos Safety said:

Leadership is always important, and it's especially so in times of crisis. That's it. That's the post.
If you are looking to any politician for anything right now, then politics dominate your life or you don't live in Texas.
fadskier
bear2be2 said:

I think this thread is a pretty good illustration of why Republicans are losing the demographic fight the way they are. In many cases, they -- and their constituents -- have lost or abandoned all sense of shared suffering and community in favor of a brand of individualism that simply manifests itself as selfishness.

You can see that in the number of "So what ..." responses here from hard-core libertarian or conservative types. The "so what" here is that Ted Cruz doesn't feel any real connection to his constituents and is only concerned about himself and his own well-being. Beyond showing an extreme lack of leadership in a time of crisis, this just exposes him for the selfish ******* he is. It's really that simple.
I haven't noticed that they are losing any demographics. And what do you expect Cruz to do? Our electrical grid is not controlled by the federal or state government (thank goodness)

So you just need the appearance of care and concern? That's where we differ, I don't. I don't need a politician to pretend to care...which is why I thought it stupid for people like Waco47 to get angry when Trump didn't say "nice, hopeful things" when 3,000 people would die of COVID in a day. I don't need Biden to either but for the record Waco47 (or anyone else for that matter) hasn't been angry on this board that Biden hasn't issued any condolences or hopeful sayings when we top 3,000 deaths in a day.
Canada2017
Waco1947 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Lighten up. He's just visiting some of his future constituents.
Now that is funny said this lefty

Does the 'lefty' transform into a white supremacist when the night nurse gives you the red pills ?
PartyBear
bubbadog said:

D. C. Bear said:

bear2be2 said:

He can probably borrow Lindsey Graham's as long as it isn't on a Saturday night.

I think it is hilarious that DC and a couple others post they are objective and are not Republicans yada yada. and actually think anyone believes them.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
PartyBear said:

bubbadog said:

D. C. Bear said:

bear2be2 said:

He can probably borrow Lindsey Graham's as long as it isn't on a Saturday night.

The party of love and inclusiveness has spoken again!
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Doc Holliday
bear2be2 said:

I think it's a good illustration of why Democrats get away with hypocrisy in more cases than Republicans.

A dozen or so democrats, including Gavin Newsom, never got the backlash Ted Cruz is receiving right now for ordering businesses to lockdown while they took vacations and dined with dozens of people.

Call it whataboutism all you want, and state you're against hypocrisy, but I guaruntee even YOU won't stand a chance fighting against the leftist dominated media mob if you wanted to. You can't end Democrats for their hypocrisy, but you can with the GOP. These are the rules and you can't even see it.
Jack Bauer
If Ted Cruz was handing out water and food to Texans, would that really change the way Dems think of him?
BusyTarpDuster2017
Really, really dumb on Cruz's part. He had to have known how bad this would look, and if he didn't, that might be worse. And especially after he had criticized someone for going to Cabo during a pandemic.

But still not as bad as killing nursing home patients and then covering it up, all while getting praise and an award from the left.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.