Ted Cruz bails to Cancun

28,285 Views | 430 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by boognish_bear
Wrecks Quan Dough
How long do you want to ignore this user?
tommie said:

Carlos Safety said:

tommie said:

My issue with Cruz isn't that he went to Cancun. It's that he doesn't care.
Would that make you feel better, tommie? Would you be a Cruz voter if you felt he was more empathetic?

Not something I ever have to worry about.
Do you want Ted to make it all better?
Osodecentx
Gov O'Rourke is coming to our front door ..soon
Wrecks Quan Dough
Osodecentx said:

No, he is known quantity this time around and Texas no likey.
robby44
tommie said:

I heard down in Cancun they do all 16 dances
Robert Wilson
tommie said:

Carlos Safety said:

tommie said:

Would that make you feel better, tommie? Would you be a Cruz voter if you felt he was more empathetic?

What if he promised to snuggle?
Osodecentx
Carlos Safety said:

Osodecentx said:

No, he is known quantity this time around and Texas no likey.
I hope
boognish_bear
A little late for this Ted

BikerBear
Robert Wilson said:

What do you expect him to do? Fix your broken pipes?
I expect him to act like a decent human being. Unfortunately, he just doesn't have it in him.
Oh, and he suborned sedition against the United States of America.
Mitch Blood Green
Robert Wilson said:

tommie said:

Carlos Safety said:

tommie said:

What if he promised to snuggle?

Naked? I doubt I'd use my gay exception with Ted. Maybe Gov Abbott.
Wrecks Quan Dough
BikerBear said:

Robert Wilson said:

I expect him to act like a decent human being. Unfortunately, he just doesn't have it in him.

Sedition. That is what happens when Democrats get the words for their talking points mixed up. The Kurrent Truth, Comrade, is "Insurrection." Don't commit wrongthink again.
BaylorOkie
robby44 said:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EuhfhmWU4AED1HU?format=jpg&name=900x900
Now that's funny. I like this one, too.
J.B.Katz
Carlos Safety said:

BikerBear said:

Robert Wilson said:

Sedition. That is what happens when Democrats get the words for their talking points mixed up. The Kurrent Truth, Comrade, is "Insurrection." Don't commit wrongthink again.
AR state senator Jim Hendren on why he's done with the Republican Party. The insurrection was the last straw. He doesn't want to be affiliated with Trump.

TexasScientist
J.R. said:

what a moron! Very bad look! He also he has said that he zero defense for the tape that was played of him castigating California in their overloaded grid issues of a few years ago. I lost all respect I may have had for him when Trump trashed his father(involved in the Kennedy assassination with Oswald) and wife (ugly) and then turned into his lap dog. Have some balls, Ted.
Cruz suffers from narcissism similar to Trump. The difference possibly is the degree of naricissism and Cruz is smarter than Trump, which makes him more dangerous than Trump. I used to think he was a great politician/statesman back when he was SG of Texas. After more public exposure he has shown his true nature. The way he let Trump emasculate him is sickening.
Mitch Blood Green
robby44 said:

tommie said:

I bet he's secretly offering fish and candy.
TexasScientist
Ted Cruz Song:

"Cruz is in Cancun"

Written by GHOST WOLVES

Inspired by Gil Scott-Heron

We've got no heat, the lights went off
And Cruz is in Cancun
Power lines down, trees on the ground
And Cruz is in Cancun

Grocery lines around the block
But Cruz is in Cancun
Taking time off, while on the people's clock
Down there in Cancun

The unhoused, freezing dead in the street
And Cruz is in Cancun
Too many without enough to eat
And Cruz is sitting pretty in Cancun

I called 911, but no one can come
And Cruz is in Cancun
And my medicine is almost gone
And Cruz is in Cancun
There's no fuel, so here we stay
The Pandemic still killing scores each day
My vaccine shot has been delayed
And Cruz is in Cancun eating at the grand buffet

We've got no heat, fight to survive
And Cruz is in Cancun
Emergency workers go and risk their lives
And Cruz goes to Cancun

Last night, some Texans froze to death
While Cruz was in Cancun
Sittin inside, I can see my breath
Yeah, Cruz is in Cancun
So don't come back to Texas, Ted
Go straight to hell and burn instead
Your lack of concern left many dead
Enough said!
Hope you liked Cancun

#CancunCruz

Thee University
bear2be2 said:

Ted Cruz is as capable as anyone else of sending a quick text or making a quick wellness check on a vulnerable neighbor. It may or may not score him political points, but those impacted would sure appreciate it.
You think that does any good?

Screw that. I don't want our government or anyone closely associated with our govt involved. Let the professionals do their job without any grandstanding by politicians.

If Ted can't strap on a pair of pole climbing stirrups and hook up downed power lines leave his fat @$$ in Cancun.
Mothra
J.B.Katz said:

Carlos Safety said:

BikerBear said:

Robert Wilson said:

AR state senator Jim Hendren on why he's done with the Republican Party. The insurrection was the last straw. He doesn't want to be affiliated with Trump.

Sounds good and all, but unfortunately there is no viable alternative for conservatives. And therein lies the rub with such short-sighted people. They apparently are either under the delusion that leaving the Republican Party will cause some mass exodus, or like yourself, they are mostly Democrat to begin with. All a fractured Republican Party does is allow Democrats to get elected. If you are ok with that (which we know you are), then leave. True conservatives, however, have no other choice. I wish it were different.
Mothra
bear2be2 said:

bubbadog said:

Mothra said:

bubbadog said:

Mothra said:

bubbadog said:

Mothra said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Really, really dumb on Cruz's part. He had to have known how bad this would look, and if he didn't, that might be worse. And especially after he had criticized someone for going to Cabo during a pandemic.

But still not as bad as killing nursing home patients and then covering it up, all while getting praise and an award from the left.
Of course, you won't see the resident libs and lib sympathizers complaining about that. Cruz should resign for flying to Cancun, but no mention whatsoever of a guy that literally has blood on his hands (I started a thread on this topic just last week).
This looks like just another manifestation of the whataboutism that makes it difficult to have a discussion on this board that gets beyond shallow finger-pointing.

Can we take it as a given, based on long experience, that "conservatives" are rarely going to start threads calling out politicians from their side and that "liberals" are rarely going to start threads calling out politicians from their side?

So I don't expect posters from either side to be responsible for being the first to post a critical thread about their side. I'm not going to complain that "conservatives" were strangely silent if they didn't start a thread criticizing Ted Cruz. Nor do I think it is incumbent on conservatives to post on the thread about Ted Cruz or else be treated as if they forfeit all credibility on the matter. If they choose for whatever reason not to chime in on that topic, I cannot rightfully assume that their silence means they think that Ted's actions were politically defensible.

I would measure people only by the opinions they actually post, not by the ones they don't post, and I would hope to be measured by the same standard.
I guess you simply don't find interesting the level of outrage exhibited by some toward Cruz for taking a vacation during an ice storm while nary a peep regarding a guy who truly has blood on his hands. I do, though I generally agree Cruz is a partisan POS.

Of course, it is worth noting that a number of conservatives on this thread have called Cruz out, while there are a couple of threads on Cuomo (one started by me last week) with not a single response from any of our resident outraged Dems.
I'm not particularly outraged. More of a disgusted shrug.

Leaving the state for a pleasure trip during a pandemic is bad form and bad politics -- sends a signal that he doesn't really care about people (did anyone prior to this think he really did?).

For the record, I think the Dems are dumb to be calling for him to resign. Instead, just make him wear this around his neck for the next four years and let him defend it to the voters.

Again, I don't think posters are obliged to weigh in on every thread. Call people out for what they actually post instead of assuming that they give Cuomo a pass simply because they didn't post on your thread. (I hadn't even noticed that there WAS a thread on Cuomo. I guess that makes me a bitter partisan.)
Generally agree,

And of course I am not suggesting everyone needs to weigh in on all topics. I just find the level of (selective) outrage at Cruz for this interesting in comparison to a guy that is responsible for thousands of elderly deaths.
Why even assume that people are being selective? Maybe they simply didn't notice your thread.

Or maybe all of the free time they had available to post on this site was spent on replying to topics where they had already posted. I certainly fall into that habit, guided by the little blue box at the upper right.

Or maybe they aren't familiar enough with the details of the story to feel informed enough to post about it. Earlier on this thread, one poster said he didn't really know that much about the details of the allegations about Cuomo, and you seemed outraged by it, as if this were proof of his hypocrisy. That kind of stuff is just a discussion killer.

Or maybe they were without power when that thread was started and weren't checking in regularly.

If you have a question about where someone stands on a topic, you can always ask them directly. But assuming someone's stance on topics they haven't addressed -- and then assigning motives to that -- is silly.
Subterfuge. Nobody has a question about where you stand on Cuomo. You've told us your stance. I am pointing out your disproportionate outrage at Cruz taking a vacation in an ice storm while Cuomo literally has thousands of deaths on his head. You seem to have a much bigger problem with Cruz than a guy whose policies killed thousands of elderly people, and then lied about it to avoid an investigation. It's odd.
Mothra
Thee University said:

bear2be2 said:

Ted Cruz is as capable as anyone else of sending a quick text or making a quick wellness check on a vulnerable neighbor. It may or may not score him political points, but those impacted would sure appreciate it.
You think that does any good?

Screw that. I don't want our government or anyone closely associated with our govt involved. Let the professionals do their job without any grandstanding by politicians.

If Ted can strap on a pair of pole climbing stirrups and hook up downed power lines leave his fat @$$ in Cancun.
Of course he doesn't think it will do any good. He's hysterical over the optics - that Cruz didn't use the storm as an opportunity for a photo opp. It's weird.
TexasScientist
Mothra said:

J.B.Katz said:

Carlos Safety said:

BikerBear said:

Robert Wilson said:

Sounds good and all, but unfortunately there is no viable alternative for conservatives. And therein lies the rub with such short-sighted people. They apparently are either under the delusion that leaving the Republican Party will cause some mass exodus, or like yourself, they are mostly Democrat to begin with. All a fractured Republican Party does is allow Democrats to get elected. If you are ok with that (which we know you are), then leave. True conservatives, however, have no other choice. I wish it were different.
Embracing extremism is not a path to success. It hasn't worked for the Democrats and it won't work for R's either.
TexasScientist
Mothra
TexasScientist said:

Mothra said:

J.B.Katz said:

Carlos Safety said:

BikerBear said:

Robert Wilson said:

Embracing extremism is not a path to success. It hasn't worked for the Democrats and it won't work for R's either.
Every party has its extremes. It doesn't mean the vast majority of Republicans are extremists.

Show me a viable alternative for conservatives, and I will vote for it. Problem is, there isn't one, and never will be. As such, we are forced with trying to fix the grand old party. Splintering a party that has a slim minority is not a path to success - unless of course you are a Democrat.
bubbadog
tommie said:

robby44 said:

tommie said:

I bet he's secretly offering fish and candy.
As Heidi wailed when Ted boarded the flight back to Houston: "Give me back my man!"
Doc Holliday
Crazy some of y'all are hounding Cruz in hopes that it will change minds and hurt GOP chances next election, all because you want Democrats to run our state.

GOP can hardly manage the state and you want Dems in power to turn us into California...ugh
sombear
Green&Gold/Maize&Blue said:

This was not a planned vacation. This was spur of the moment. His wife was emailing, texting their friends and neighbors if they wanted to go to Cancun for the weekend because their house was "freezing."
So it's worse that he didn't want to stay in a freezing house? Would driving to family in Arizona have been better? Or is it simply he had to stay in a house w/o power because he is a senator?
Dnicknames
You have to appreciate the irony of Cruz sending his kids across the southern border for a better life this week.

Regarding Cancun, let's just say "when Mexico sends its people, they're not sending their best"
Wrecks Quan Dough
Dnicknames said:

You have to appreciate the irony of Cruz sending his kids across the southern border for a better life this week.

Regarding Cancun, let's just say "when Mexico sends its people, they're not sending their best"

And they crossed the border legally proving that it can be done.
BylrFan
sombear said:

Green&Gold/Maize&Blue said:

This was not a planned vacation. This was spur of the moment. His wife was emailing, texting their friends and neighbors if they wanted to go to Cancun for the weekend because their house was "freezing."
So it's worse that he didn't want to stay in a freezing house? Would driving to family in Arizona have been better? Or is it simply he had to stay in a house w/o power because he is a senator?
there's warming centers. look what mattress mack is doing in houston
Waco1947
Doc Holliday said:

Waco1947 said:

Mothra said:

Waco1947 said:

HuMcK said:

Did you catch me defending any of the pols breaking their own lockdown orders? It is beyond inexcusable for Cruz to hightail it to Cancun while the state suffers, so why are you here excusing it?
Same for me. I never defended Gavin. So why are supporters excusing it here?
Indeed. You are likewise typically silent when your side of the aisle messes up. I've never seen you say anything critical about a Dem in all your years on this board.
I suppose I could point out several times like "Defund the Police" was a stupid motto.however what proof would you need?

Doesn't it make you a racist if you don't support defunding the police?

So your reasoning is "Waco47, you believe in defunding police therefore BLM labels you racist." Am I representing your position correctly?
Waco1947 ,la
Eagle11Bear
So I guess those of us fortunate enough to have had power, we should have shut it off so we could suffer with everyone else. Politics in this country is absolutely disgusting.
Doc Holliday
Waco1947 said:

Doc Holliday said:

Waco1947 said:

Mothra said:

Waco1947 said:

HuMcK said:

Did you catch me defending any of the pols breaking their own lockdown orders? It is beyond inexcusable for Cruz to hightail it to Cancun while the state suffers, so why are you here excusing it?
Indeed. You are likewise typically silent when your side of the aisle messes up. I've never seen you say anything critical about a Dem in all your years on this board.
I suppose I could point out several times like "Defund the Police" was a stupid motto.however what proof would you need?

So your reasoning is "Waco47, you believe in defunding police therefore BLM labels you racist." Am I representing your position correctly?
No. I thought you believed that being against defunding the police means you're a racist.
Waco1947
Doc Holliday said:

Waco1947 said:

Doc Holliday said:

Waco1947 said:

Mothra said:

Waco1947 said:

HuMcK said:

No. I thought you believed that being against defunding the police means you're a racist.
You heard me say, "Doc you're racist for being against defunding the police." Am I correct?
This is what I said, " Defund the Police" was a stupid motto.however what proof would you need?"
Waco1947 ,la
Doc Holliday
Waco1947 said:

Doc Holliday said:

Waco1947 said:

Doc Holliday said:

Waco1947 said:

Mothra said:

Waco1947 said:

HuMcK said:

You heard me say, "Doc you're racist for being against defunding the police." Am I correct?
This is what I said, " Defund the Police" was a stupid motto.however what proof would you need?"

Thanks for clearing that up. The BLM crowd is not going to be happy with you for not agreeing to defunding the police.
bubbadog
Ted is getting hammered even by Breitbart.
Forest Bueller
Jack and DP said:

J.B.Katz said:

Robert Wilson said:

Maybe get out in Houston and lead some relief efforts for people who have been w/out water and heat for a long time?

I hear you, but people don't go to DC to get their hands dirty. When they try, it looks fake. That's because it is.

Poor political optics, though.
It is fake, aka, AOC crying at the border fence.

National level Politicians are high minded people who like and want all the spoils of success. They are not servants.

You want to see a servant politician, go to a small rural community where the Major is paid a pittance, if at all, on the national scene folks are in it for themselves.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.