Trump's tax records can be released to NY grand jury

3,798 Views | 65 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by robby44
J.B.Katz
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The Supreme Court denied Trump's request to block access to his tax records without comment.
Osodecentx
Let's see them
Mothra
Yeah, I kind of want to see what all of the fuss is about, but weren't these already leaked? Didn't it show as expected that he didn't pay much in income tax (this of course does not include payroll tax)?
PartyBear
I doubt you will see them right away as they will now be work product of the prosecution. But who knows, maybe they will release them to the public once the Grand Jury does what it is going to do.
Doc Holliday
Someone tell JB that Trump is no longer the President.
muddybrazos
Do people really think that Trump is doing his own taxes and trying to cheat or something? He probably has 30 accountants at KPMG working on his stuff and a whole team of tax attorneys. This will end up being another nothing burger then on to the next gotcha thing on Trump that will be another nothing.
Mothra
muddybrazos said:

Do people really think that Trump is doing his own taxes and trying to cheat or something? He probably has 30 accountants at KPMG working on his stuff and a whole team of tax attorneys. This will end up being another nothing burger then on to the next gotcha thing on Trump that will be another nothing.
Agreed. This was an attempt to damage Trump politically under the guise that it had some criminal implications. Trump may not have paid much in taxes, but I guarantee you everything he filed was kosher.
PartyBear
Based on the types of people he hires for other professional services, you never know.
STxBear81
because Schiff said so? lol
HuMcK
Mothra said:

muddybrazos said:

Agreed. This was an attempt to damage Trump politically under the guise that it had some criminal implications. Trump may not have paid much in taxes, but I guarantee you everything he filed was kosher.

Michael Cohen kind of already told us what they are looking at, he has one set of books for insurance, one set for lending institutions, and another for the IRS (probably the one he was most honest in), the implication being that he committed fraud with one or all of those different sets of books. If the property values he reported on his tax filings are significantly different (lower) than the valuations he used to get loans and insurance, that's a problem.
Doc Holliday
HuMcK said:

Mothra said:

muddybrazos said:

Michael Cohen kind of already told us what they are looking at, he has one set of books for insurance, one set for lending institutions, and another for the IRS (probably the one he was most honest in), the implication being that he committed fraud with one or all of those different sets of books. If the property values he reported on his tax filings are significantly different (lower) than the valuations he used to get loans and insurance, that's a problem.
Should Trump be locked up in prison for the rest of his life?
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
No. He should get the same thing anyone else would.
I have found theres only two ways to go:
Living fast or dying slow.
I dont want to live forever.
But I will live while I'm here.
HuMcK
He should face accountability in whatever form or duration it takes.
Bexar Pitts
HuMcK said:

He should face accountability in whatever form or duration it takes.
Agree. I don't care about your politics..No one is above the law.
Canada2017
More bad precedents being set.....but several guys here don't care.

Until it's their guy getting the treatment.
Doc Holliday
Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

For what crimes?
fubar
Doc Holliday said:

For what crimes?
For whatever crimes he is convicted of.

This really isn't that difficult.
whitetrash
Doc Holliday said:

For what crimes?
Mean tweets
Osodecentx
Trump is aggressive in most areas of his life. I'm sure pursuing the lowest number on his tax return is included.

Does anyone believe he wouldn't cut corners?
Wrecks Quan Dough
HuMcK said:

Mothra said:

muddybrazos said:

Wow! That is some earth-shattering stuff. Just imagine if companies and high-net worth individuals kept one set of books to comply with the IRS requirement and then used another set of books to communicate to lenders, analysts, and the public in a format that provides those groups the information they deem most important to them.
J.B.Katz
muddybrazos said:

Or he has the equivalent of Rudy Giuliani, Mark Cohen, Sydney Powell & jenna Ellis working on his taxes.

He and his kids already got caught treating a nonprofit as a tax and the kids had to go to remedial how to run a nonprofit legallys school.

https://ag.ny.gov/press-release/2019/ag-james-secures-court-order-against-donald-j-trump-trump-children-and-trump
Canada2017
Osodecentx said:

Trump is aggressive in most areas of his life. I'm sure pursuing the lowest number on his tax return is included.

If my accountant didn't take ever possible deduction I would hire a different accountant.
Thee University
Good grief Charley Brown. 4 years from now and some liberal puke, CNN or another failing network will still be trying to saddle Trump with something, anything.

What have these pansy-@$$ politicians been doing for 4+ years? Aren't they supposed to be focused on representing, legislating, and constituent service and education? Have they accomplished anything? Are they going to keep chasing Trump BS?

I suppose if they keep placing Executive Orders in front of Weekend @ Bernie's Joe and he keeps signing they can chase their tails for another 4 years.

Mitch Blood Green
muddybrazos said:

KPMG ain't ****ing with him and he would t be willing to pay those fees.
Doc Holliday
fubar said:

Doc Holliday said:

For what crimes?

Ok, what crimes do you think he will be convicted of?
Mitch Blood Green
Doc Holliday said:

fubar said:

Doc Holliday said:

For what crimes?

It's believed he keeps two sets of books. Books for the bank and books for the tax man.

The tax man reduces the tax liability. The Bank increases the lendable value of the collateral.
Doc Holliday
tommie said:

Doc Holliday said:

fubar said:

Doc Holliday said:

For what crimes?

It's believed he keeps two sets of books. Books for the bank and books for the tax man.

The tax man reduces the tax liability. The Bank increases the lendable value of the collateral.
Why is that believed?
Mitch Blood Green
Doc Holliday said:

tommie said:

Doc Holliday said:

fubar said:

Doc Holliday said:

For what crimes?

Why is that believed?

Likely because they have evidence. They have info from Cohen. They have his loan records from the bank. They have the appraisal and the property records.

Young me dated a Federal prosecutor. My experience with them people is they don't waste their time if they don't think I they have the goods.

They're treating this as they did the mafia.
Osodecentx
Canada2017 said:

Osodecentx said:

If my accountant didn't take ever possible deduction I would hire a different accountant.
Did you demand that your accountant take marginal deductions that were legally marginal?
J.B.Katz
tommie said:

muddybrazos said:

KPMG ain't ****ing with him and he would t be willing to pay those fees.
The Big Firms aren't intersted in working with crime bosses. And they like to get paid.
Wrecks Quan Dough
Osodecentx said:

Canada2017 said:

Osodecentx said:

Did you demand that your accountant take marginal deductions that were legally marginal?

Is it a criminal act to take "marginal" deductions?
J.B.Katz
tommie said:

Doc Holliday said:

tommie said:

Doc Holliday said:

fubar said:

Doc Holliday said:

For what crimes?

Why is that believed?

Likely because they have evidence. They have info from Cohen. They have his loan records from the bank. They have the appraisal and the property records.

Young me dated a Federal prosecutor. My experience with them people is they don't waste their time if they don't think I they have the goods.

They're treating this as they did the mafia.
Man I would not want to end up in divorce court opposite a federal prosecter. Or even in an argument over the kitchen table.
fubar
Doc Holliday said:

fubar said:

Doc Holliday said:

For what crimes?

Don't know. I'm not following it closely because (a) my life won't change one bit based on this and (b) grand jury proceedings being secret and whatnot, it's kind of hard to really know much.

Vance may not come up with enough to even charge/prosecute. If he does, and gains a conviction(s), Trump should be treated no differently than any other convicted of the same.
Canada2017
Osodecentx said:

Canada2017 said:

Osodecentx said:

Am unaware of 'marginal ' deductions that are legally 'marginal'.

However if the IRS has created such classifications ....the murkiness that results is their responsibility not mine nor my accountant 's.
contrario
HuMcK said:

Mothra said:

muddybrazos said:

Values in tax returns aren't used to determine loan eligibility.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.