Adam Toledo

18,034 Views | 241 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Mothra
DioNoZeus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Amy Pagitt said:

WHY DOES IT MATTER?! He turned around with his hands up, and THEN he was shot. Good grief, will none of you ever just say "THIS WAS WRONG. POLICE ARE NOT JUDGES AND JURIES. THERE IS A PROBLEM, AND WE SHOULD *ALL* WANT TO FIX IT." I promise it won't turn you into a lib just to admit that there are some really terrible police officers and the first sensible thing would be for their bad behavior to stop being covered up and explained away. SHEESH.
Sigh
SIC EM 94
Amy Pagitt said:

WHY DOES IT MATTER?! He turned around with his hands up, and THEN he was shot. Good grief, will none of you ever just say "THIS WAS WRONG. POLICE ARE NOT JUDGES AND JURIES. THERE IS A PROBLEM, AND WE SHOULD *ALL* WANT TO FIX IT." I promise it won't turn you into a lib just to admit that there are some really terrible police officers and the first sensible thing would be for their bad behavior to stop being covered up and explained away. SHEESH.

Why are you trying to explain away someone shooting a gun and running from the police? I promise it won't turn you into a conservative to admit this is a recipe for a disaster where nobody wins. You think that cop wanted to be put in a situation where he killed a kid?
ShooterTX
SIC EM 94 said:

Amy Pagitt said:

Why are you trying to explain away someone shooting a gun and running from the police? I promise it won't turn you into a conservative to admit this is a recipe for a disaster where nobody wins. You think that cop wanted to be put in a situation where he killed a kid?

Bingo
ShooterTX
Canon
Brian G said:

I don't know what that means, but two people replied with things they wouldn't say to someone's face in any situation. It feels like we're losing a sense of reality here.

You attributed an absurd quote to him he didn't make. That is you lying about him. If you lie about people to their faces, or lie about their friends, you can expect the response you got (even in person). If you want a productive conversation, just tell the truth.
Jack and DP
Amy Pagitt said:

I don't think anyone is happy with the Toledo outcome. Probably not even the officers involved. But most sensible people realize that chasing an armed suspect down a dark alley who'd been reported to be shooting at a car is dangerous business.
It can all go bad real quick.

SailorBexar
Amy Pagitt said:

There are bad police officers. In general, the police could do a better job. I wish we could have seen Tim Scott's police reform bill put up for a vote but it was blocked. Congress can do a better job too.

The tragic facts are that Adam had a gun in his hand. Adam was instructed to stop and show his hands, he was not instructed to turn towards the officer. As he turns towards the officer, he tossed the gun behind the fence. Tragically, the gun being tossed behind the fence is blocked from the police officers vision by Adam's body. The officer reacts to Adam turning and raising his hands and with the officer thinking Adam still has a gun in his hand he is put into a very difficult situation. The police officer shoots Adam and then immediately offers aids to Adam.

It's unfortunate. If the cop had waited half a second - Adam would still be alive. If Adam hadn't run or hadn't turned around, he would still be alive.

Canon
Amy Pagitt said:

If you were a police officer for a day, your family would likely and tragically be without a mother 24 hours later. You are disconnected from reality in a way one rarely encounters in real life. You take all agency away from (you call them POCs) in a very creepy patronizing way and attribute evil intent to police with the generosity of Father Christmas.
JXL
Amy Pagitt said:

So the cop had about three-tenths of a second to decide if the guy who had just had a gun still posed a threat, is that right?
BylrFan
I've concluded this Amy person has to be a troll
SIC EM 94
BylrFan said:

I've concluded this Amy person has to be a troll

Can certainly see why one would think that but sadly she is very real. In fact there are countless people just like her that are so blinded to seeing actual facts they just make ****up and believe it in their own minds.
Mudbear
Amy Pagitt said:

Of course like in all professions there are terrible people but, none of this is happening in a vacuum and I wouldn't be so quick to label this officer as a terrible person (the boy DID have a gun). The whole situation is tragic! Chicago has turned into a war zone which has been largely ignored by the national media. Police officers are resigning in droves as morale is down, the workload is overwhelming (Lightfoot won't fill vacancies) while feeling unsupported and demonized with a family to go home to.

The citizens of Chicago are scared for their lives as gang crime and violence is the worst it's ever been. Black on black crime is ignored and criminal behavior excused as "just another day in Chicago" We are doing a disservice to the black community when we write off and ignore root problems within the community. A nightmare has been created when we demonize all cops, call them pigs and then make excuses for all criminals.
There is no easy answer.
Mothra
Brian G said:

"If you have a gun, you deserve to be shot by the cops."

"You're never taking my guns away!"

You're very comfortable with mind blowing hypocrisy.
I am trying to follow the logic here...

I you believe in the Second Amendment, you are a a hypocrite if you believe that someone who points a gun at police deserves to be shot?

Hmmm.
Mothra
Amy Pagitt said:

There is a reason most police officers in these situations are typically either not indicted by a grand jury, or exonerated by a jury of their peers, and it is not because these juries are racist. To the contrary, most of the juries include people of color.

Instead, it's because these situations are never as black and white as your post suggests. They are almost always gray. It's easy to sit here and pick apart this officer's actions when we slow frame photographs. But when you put yourself in the officer's shoes - it's 2:30 in the morning, there's been a report of people shooting at cars, and you come up on a guy with a gun in his hand - it's not so easy to condemn, especially when it's your life or his.
LIB,MR BEARS
Amy Pagitt said:

Amy Padgitt has determined (judged) that in this occasion, of the two individuals involved, the cop is the bad one and the 13 yr-old that's been running with the gun is the good one. Thanks Amy
BearN
And once again, this person is making up quotes, taking screenshots off this message board, and based on the comments, doing her best to make sure some Baylor fans will never be members on this site.

Mudbear

This man is a truth teller!
ABC BEAR
Lot's of outcry and anguish again.....ad infinitum and yet nothing changes because the people who actually live there won't put an end to it. Instead of blaming the cops the citizens should be working with the cops to root out the criminal element in their neighborhoods.
SIC EM 94
BearN said:

And once again, this person is making up quotes, taking screenshots off this message board, and based on the comments, doing her best to make sure some Baylor fans will never be members on this site.

How long will Sicem365 allow this Amy person to use quotes with regards to things that were not posted on this site? It is nothing but blatant lies and BS and she needs to be held accountable!
SIC EM 94
You would think Sicem365 would take issue with Amy claiming that if you call out racism, you're banned...no?

Amy Graham Pagitt
@AmyGrahamPagitt
I have spent more time in the past three days on this board than ever before, and I've noticed a pattern: if you point out their hypocrisy, you're dumb. If you compose a thoughtful, well-reasoned post, you're accused of "word salad." If you call out racism, you're banned.
saykay
DioNoZeus said:

Amy Pagitt said:

Sigh

Ahhh yes, {sigh} I know it well. Those four letters spell exactly how I feel too every time I see your username, which makes the soul of every actual exile die a little bit inside.

One other small thing - stop defending men with guns who kill children.

2 hours of internet evidence from a computer thousands of miles away does not a Perry Mason make. And as a bonus, if you're feeling generous, please also stop posting racially & socio-economically biased propaganda on this thread to help the board mob build a case to justify any child's killing for any reason before this boy's body is even in the ground. To what end, really?

But can you imagine... if we had this kind of energy focused on coming up with an argument to help justify killing a child... just at age 13 weeks instead of 13 years? Like a 15 year old pregnant girl who was raped or a woman who discovers stage 4 cancer early in the pregnancy & she and the baby can't both survive... can you IMAGINE the sad, convenient logic we might come up with together to justify breaking one of the Ten Commandments?

Thank goodness we are unwavering in our application of the Bible and never do that here.
~Regretfully Yours, The Pronoun Lady~
J.B.Katz
Gold Tron said:

He was in an alley at 2:30 am? He had a weapon? Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. My mom always said flee from the appearance of evil. He clearly did not and bad things ensued. Happens all the time in many places. Unfortunate? Yes. Newsworthy? Unfortunately no.
Aren't you a doctor?
saykay
SIC EM 94 said:

BearN said:

How long will Sicem365 allow this Amy person to use quotes with regards to things that were not posted on this site? It is nothing but blatant lies and BS and she needs to be held accountable!

I think you should feel free to set the record straight on Twitter in response, if you are concerned with inaccurate paraphrasing, as should anyone. That's the cool thing about free speech, no?

Anyone can set the record straight, if they feel misrepresented, direct from their own mouth, posted through their own public verified account, signed with their own public digital identity and first and last na- ...oh, oh hell. I'm sorry. I forgot we don't do that whole "accountable for our words and actions" or "only post what we would sign our own name to" thing here... my bad.
~Regretfully Yours, The Pronoun Lady~
JXL
saykay said:

DioNoZeus said:

Amy Pagitt said:

Sigh

Ahhh yes, {sigh} I know it well. Those four letters spell exactly how I feel too every time I see your username, which makes the soul of every actual exile die a little bit inside.

2 hours of internet evidence from a computer thousands of miles away does not a Perry Mason make. And as a bonus, if you're feeling generous, please also stop posting racially & socio-economically biased propaganda on this thread to help the board mob build a case to justify any child's killing for any reason before this boy's body is even in the ground. To what end, really?

But can you imagine... if we had this kind of energy focused on coming up with an argument to help justify killing a child... just at age 13 weeks instead of 13 years? Like a 15 year old pregnant girl who was raped or a woman who discovers stage 4 cancer early in the pregnancy & she and the baby can't both survive... can you IMAGINE the sad, convenient logic we might come up with together to justify breaking one of the Ten Commandments?

Thank goodness we are unwavering in our application of the Bible and never do that here.

Comparing a young man with a gun shooting at cars at 2:30 am to a girl being raped ... that's an interesting comparison.
Buddha Bear
ShooterTX said:

Amy Pagitt said:

ah, yes, who among us wouldn't murder someone with their hands up
let's see....

shooting a gun in a dark alley at night, then running from the cops with that gun in your hand, then you quickly spin around in the dark to face the cops and raise your hands...

yep, this is a head scratcher.

I love how you guys always try to paint this as just some innocent, college bound student who was murdered by a cop for no reason at all. He was just in the alley helping feed the homeless and tutoring under-privledged 3rd graders, while doing research on the cure for cancer... right?

13 years old, hanging out with a felon and shooting a gun at 2:30am.... this kid was on death row, by his own stupid decisions. He just happened to die by a cop, rather than some hoodrat with a gun.

The only person I truly feel sorry for is the cop. He has to live with the fact that he shot a 13 year old criminal.... very sad indeed.

I'm not gonna judge the officer just yet on this one, bc the kid was armed with a gun at one point. Seemed like a very fast trigger by the officer though.

But your post makes it seem like his pathway in life was already set in stone. You can do really bad s*** as a kid and still turn things around. 13 is just too young to judge. He would never be tried as an adult, so we shouldn't treat him like one with this type of judgment. Sad situation all around.

Canon
SIC EM 94 said:

You would think Sicem365 would take issue with Amy claiming that if you call out racism, you're banned...no?

Amy Graham Pagitt
@AmyGrahamPagitt
I have spent more time in the past three days on this board than ever before, and I've noticed a pattern: if you point out their hypocrisy, you're dumb. If you compose a thoughtful, well-reasoned post, you're accused of "word salad." If you call out racism, you're banned.

She thinks she posted something (anything) thoughtful or well-reasoned. Laff!!! The amount of straw she goes through in her posts would keep the Augean Stables in business for a year.
Whiskey Pete
BearN said:

I saw in another post how she said she doesn't come to this board because it's full of awful people... but yet here she is again, posting to the deplorables.

I think she's unhinged and probably needs to seek professional help. Then again, anyone who has 65,000 tweets and lives their entire life on twitter is probably cuckoo anyway.

I tend to stay away from the twitterverse, seeing how it's nothing but a bunch of angry millennials who constantly mine for adulation, think they're smarter than everyone else in the room and believe that the world owes them everything.

She also seems to be obsessed with homosexuality
Doc Holliday
Hey guys get this...everyone screwed up in this rare situation.

You don't have to pick a side.
DioNoZeus
saykay said:

DioNoZeus said:

Amy Pagitt said:

Sigh

You shouldn't have stopped at five edits, you still have a lot of work to do. And for the record, I work at an inner city hospital in Chicago caring for patients from this very neighborhood. What's your connection?
ShooterTX
Rawhide said:

BearN said:

I saw in another post how she said she doesn't come to this board because it's full of awful people... but yet here she is again, posting to the deplorables.

I think she's unhinged and probably needs to seek professional help. Then again, anyone who has 65,000 tweets and lives their entire life on twitter is probably cuckoo anyway.

I tend to stay away from the twitterverse, seeing how it's nothing but a bunch of angry millennials who constantly mine for adulation, think they're smarter than everyone else in the room and believe that the world owes them everything.

She also seems to be obsessed with homosexuality

I've seen her posts before, and her Twitter too. She is a lost cause. She's far too "woke" too listen to evidence, logic or reason.
In her woke mind, a precious & innocent angel was murdered by a racist cop, for no reason at all. If you disagree with her, you are a racist... plain & simple.
This kid has zero responsibility for his own actions. Don't you get it? He was totally innocent, and the cops should never fear a teenager with a gun in a dark alley... that's just stupid. The cop obviously should have hugged this kid, not shot him... that's what Amy would have done.

I hope Amy enjoys this as much as we enjoy when she makes up **** about us. Lying is so fun... amirite?
ShooterTX
BellCountyBear
Imagine the riots that would be happening if the kid had been black!
Sam Lowry
saykay said:

DioNoZeus said:

Amy Pagitt said:

Sigh

What should we do if a 13-year-old is shooting a gun at traffic? Wait until he gets bored and goes home? Or until he kills someone? If the police show up, let him shoot them as well?
DioNoZeus
Sam Lowry said:

saykay said:

DioNoZeus said:

Amy Pagitt said:

Sigh

What should we do if a 13-year-old is shooting a gun at traffic? Wait until he gets bored and goes home? Or until he kills someone? If the police show up, let him shoot them as well?
Call the on-call social worker to reason with him
Jack and DP
The story of Lil Homicide is the story of failure. The missing father that we haven't heard from, failed him. The mother that had a boy out at 2:30 am, failed him. Though she had filed a missing persons report for him. The Chicago school system failed him, as they had no in person school. The many community organizers failed him. The 21 year old partner failed him. Good chance the 21 year old handed the gun to Toledo because he was a minor and would get in less trouble. With all that against him, the outcome is not surprising.
SIC EM 94
saykay said:

SIC EM 94 said:

BearN said:

I think you should feel free to set the record straight on Twitter in response, if you are concerned with inaccurate paraphrasing, as should anyone. That's the cool thing about free speech, no?

Anyone can set the record straight, if they feel misrepresented, direct from their own mouth, posted through their own public verified account, signed with their own public digital identity and first and last na- ...oh, oh hell. I'm sorry. I forgot we don't do that whole "accountable for our words and actions" or "only post what we would sign our own name to" thing here... my bad.

I'm not on Twitter and the person she is making up quotes being from isn't me.

As for your sudden new arrival on this site I must thank you. I used to take an Advil PM to help fall asleep occasionally...now I just read your long winded idiotic BS posts and it puts me right to sleep.
ShooterTX
Jack and DP said:

The story of Lil Homicide is the story of failure. The missing father that we haven't heard from, failed him. The mother that had a boy out at 2:30 am, failed him. Though she had filed a missing persons report for him. The Chicago school system failed him, as they had no in person school. The many community organizers failed him. The 21 year old partner failed him. Good chance the 21 year old handed the gun to Toledo because he was a minor and would get in less trouble. With all that against him, the outcome is not surprising.

Totally agree.

And yet, there are too many who will put all the failure on the cop, who was forced into a horrible split second situation.
ShooterTX

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.