Michael Flynn says what happened in coup-stricken Myanmar 'should happen' in US

5,433 Views | 92 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by bear2be2
Mothra
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Osodecentx said:

This is from Allen West, State Republican chairman:
West said in a Newsmax interview on Tuesday he rejected Flynn's suggestion.
"I do not support any type of military coup in the United States of America because we have a representative democracy, we have a constitutional republic, and we just need to abide by the Constitution in all that we say and do," West said to Newsmax.
https://www.texastribune.org/2021/06/01/texas-allen-west-sid-miller-louie-gohmert-qanon/

[sarcasm]My gosh, newsflash! A Republican who DOESN'T support a coup! I am shocked, shocked I tell you![/sarcasm]

This is really going to damage Sam's narrative.
HuMcK
You typed all those words across multiple posts in this thread in defense of Flynn...and you went out of your way to avoid condemning or criticizing his call for a literal coup even once. The closest you came was calling Flynn "discredited" and a "fringe nut", in fact you even defended the specific statement in question as "out of context" (lol). Just an interesting observation I noticed, you spend a lot of effort defending people and things you claim to not support.
Mothra
HuMcK said:

You typed all those words across multiple posts in this thread in defense of Flynn...and you went out of your way to avoid condemning or criticizing his call for a literal coup even once. The closest you came was calling Flynn "discredited" and a "fringe nut", in fact you even defended the specific statement in question as "out of context" (lol). Just an interesting observation I noticed, you spend a lot of effort defending people and things you claim to not support.
Then apparently you're not very observant (which of course we already all knew). When I called Flynn a discredited fringe nut, and asked whether Sam believed the majority of Republicans believed as he did, that was your clue that I think his comments are ridiculous and despicable, to the extent he actually said them. I did not defend any of his statements, but merely provided you his explanation for his comments. You can believe his explanation or not - makes no difference to me.

I realize the more subtle points are lost on posters such as yourself, but my post was addressing the implication by Sam that Flynn's comments had larger implications for the Republican Party. Once again, when I argued they did not, that should have been your clue where I stand.
4th and Inches
Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

What an idiot, and who are these idiots cheering that?
The same idiots he encouraged to precipitate a coup on 1/6. Are you starting to see now?
That there is a minority of fringe nuts in the Republican Party? Is that some sort of newsflash? Each side has their crazies.

Still doesn't justify a vote that supported Biden.
!. Flynn is a Republican
2. He served as NS advisor to a Republican president
3. He advocated the violent overthrow of the US government

I'm looking for stories about Republicans denouncing Flynn's recommendation
I'm sure there are some stories out there
1- so what?
2- served = past tense
3- a private citizen with no power except freedom of speech said stuff you and I dont agree with

FWIW, The Declaration of Independence says that we not only have the right but we also have the duty to alter or abolish any government that does not secure our unalienable rights, including life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness

Maybe our current govt fits this in his mind...
Violently alter or abolish? Please clarify. It appears you and Flynn are advocating the same thing
lol, if that is what you got...
I quoted you. You suggest it is our duty to alter or abolish.
nah, pretty sure it was Thomas Jefferson or somebody else...
curtpenn
Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

The same idiots he encouraged to precipitate a coup on 1/6. Are you starting to see now?
That there is a minority of fringe nuts in the Republican Party? Is that some sort of newsflash? Each side has their crazies.

Flynn is not a fringe figure in the Republican Party. He served in Trump's administration and received a pardon from him. I didn't vote for Biden, but I won't support a dictatorship either. I'm sorry if that offends you.
Flynn is indeed a fringe figure in the Republican Party. He served as National Security Advisor for a grand total of 3 weeks prior to getting fired and being completely discredited. Only a fool would suggest that Flynn getting paid a pretty penny to speak at a QAnon rally at Eddie Deen Ranch - a tiny Dallas venue - means anything of substance with respect to the Republican Party in general. I'm surprised you were suckered in by this story.

Voting for a presidential candidate is not supporting a dictatorship. And I am not angry that you would cut off your nose to spite your face. You've proven time and time again on this board to hold foolish positions. Quite frankly, I've come to expect it.

Denialism knows no party.
Nor does being eaten up with the dumb @ss, apparently.
You're not usually so sensitive. I think you may be worried about what you've been supporting.
And you typically seem brighter than your recent posts suggest.

The only thing I have supported are policies that are better for the American people. You might want to try it sometime.
I support those policies, as you well know. The difference is I support them without wanting to turn us into Myanmar. Try that some time.
What happens when we get to the point where we must turn into Myanmar in order to preserve our republic and our liberties? Shall we collectively capitulate to some misguided obeisance to "democracy" should enough of the demos become degraded to the point of rendering us all neo serfs? #ResetOvertonWindow
Bexar Pitts
You guys can mentally bounce this around. Great scene.
OsoCoreyell
HuMcK said:

"Dont know what has happened to Flynn..."

Oh, I don't know. Maybe he was blackmailed and his life ruined by unethical anti-Trump scumbags in the FBI and DOJ who knew he was guilty of nothing more than being on the wrong team, but wanted to put some skins on the wall. They tried to imprison him and his son, bankrupted him, and then lied about it. This is all well accepted as what happened by virtually ever news org that even approaches the center. So it isn't like his bitterness and disaffection are out of left field.

I disagree with him strongly and think what he said was irresponsible, but to pretend you don't know where this is coming from and then posting a BS photo is to BE the reason.
Sam Lowry
Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

!. Flynn is a Republican

Actually he is a lifelong Dem, and when asked, doesn't claim to belong to a party. Look up some of his quotes on the subject.

As for no. 2, he was fired after 3 weeks on the job.

As for no. 3, that is what has been reported, but he said he never advocated for that position. Let me ask you a question: Do you think it's possible that the media might have twisted Flynn's words to mean something he did not?

As for your last point, tell me, what good does it serve to denounce the painfully obvious? Should Republicans give credence to a fringe, discredited figure based on comments at a tiny rally in Dallas? Flynn has never been elected to any position. He has no power.

It serves no good purpose whatsoever to denounce Flynn other than to give the Dems another talking point.
Oh no, not another Dem talking point! Never mind a little sedition then...sorry for interrupting.
HuMcK
They bankrupted him because he was an unregistered foreign agent for Turkey and lied about it, they took it easy on him by only charging the lowest level offense they had; his lies to investigators. They also suspected he was a traitor, which after this latest statement doesn't actually seem too far off the mark.

I literally laughed out loud at your comment about the consensus on Flynn of any news org "near the center". Outside of the far pro-Trump right, the consensus is that Flynn is a crook, who got off scott free from the US judicial system due the the corruption of other crooks with power who interfered to make it so. You need to re-evaluate what you consider "center" if you believe what you said.

Why y'all have built up these virtuous personas for such unrepentant scumbags I will never understand. Flynn wasn't mistreated, he got a small fraction of what he deserved. And now here he is, freshly pardoned, doing his damndest to destabilize the country I love and ignite a civil war.
Mothra
Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

!. Flynn is a Republican

Actually he is a lifelong Dem, and when asked, doesn't claim to belong to a party. Look up some of his quotes on the subject.

As for no. 3, that is what has been reported, but he said he never advocated for that position. Let me ask you a question: Do you think it's possible that the media might have twisted Flynn's words to mean something he did not?

As for your last point, tell me, what good does it serve to denounce the painfully obvious? Should Republicans give credence to a fringe, discredited figure based on comments at a tiny rally in Dallas? Flynn has never been elected to any position. He has no power.

It serves no good purpose whatsoever to denounce Flynn other than to give the Dems another talking point.
Oh no, not another Dem talking point! Never mind a little sedition then...sorry for interrupting.
You still haven't answered my question, chicken little. Do the vast majority of Repubs agree with sedition or not?
Forest Bueller_bf
Osodecentx said:

"I do not support any type of military coup in the United States of America because we have a representative democracy, we have a constitutional republic, and we just need to abide by the Constitution in all that we say and do," West said to Newsmax.
https://www.texastribune.org/2021/06/01/texas-allen-west-sid-miller-louie-gohmert-qanon/

It seems like the nutty fringe 5% are being given credit for being the average Republican.

That in itself is stupid.

So a bunch of fringe looney's got together and called themselves God and Country.

I know maybe 100 or so people that I have a really good idea of what they believe.

Not a single one would agree with what Flynn said, nor do I. He is a nut obviously, and
congregated with a group of nuts. We saw it all summer in much larger volume with actual
action, burning cities, taking over neighborhoods, actual working anarchism, there are actually nuts on all sides of politics.

fadskier
There are fringe in each party. Those scared of Flynn should also be scared of our current leader where we are being forced to accept that men can be women and vice versa...to believe in science, except when we're not supposed to.

The Republican fringe is like throwing a lobster into a boiling pot. Democrat frings (or mainstream) is like cooking a frog...turn up the heat slowly until it's too latr.
Mothra
Forest Bueller_bf said:

Osodecentx said:

It seems like the nutty fringe 5% are being given credit for being the average Republican.

So a bunch of fringe looney's got together and called themselves God and Country.

I know maybe 100 or so people that I have a really good idea of what they believe.

Not a single one would agree with what Flynn said, nor do I. He is a nut obviously, and
congregated with a group of nuts. We saw it all summer in much larger volume with actual
action, burning cities, taking over neighborhoods, actual working anarchism, there are actually nuts on all sides of politics.

Bingo. Maybe you can explain to Sam using small words.
Whiskey Pete
Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

!. Flynn is a Republican

Remember when Rep. Steve Cohen called for a military coup against Trump? Yeah, good times. Good times.
Sam Lowry
Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

!. Flynn is a Republican

You still haven't answered my question, chicken little. Do the vast majority of Repubs agree with sedition or not?
I don't know. Why does it matter? I doubt the vast majority of Dems agree with burning down cities, but that doesn't mean they won't turn a blind eye. Don't want to give the GOP a talking point, after all.
PartyBear
Forest Bueller_bf said:

Osodecentx said:

If the GOP caucus on the Hill and Republican leaders of some states werent marching lock step with the Big Lie etc. you might have a point that t this is fringe and not the establishment of whatever this party is that has taken the GOP's name.
Mothra
Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

!. Flynn is a Republican

I don't know. Why does it matter? I doubt the vast majority of Dems agree with burning down cities, but that doesn't mean they won't turn a blind eye. Don't want to give the GOP a talking point, after all.
Playing dumb again? When you proffer that Republicans must "own" statements of the crazy fringe elements of the party, it suggests that you believe a good percentage of them hold those positions. Otherwise, why suggest that a party "own" the views of its fringe elements?

Thus, I was curious if that's what you truly believed. Apparently, you are afraid to give an honest answer or simply or can't answer the question. Thus, your position that Republicans must "own" Flynn's views remains absurd.

As for your comparison to Dems and the BLM riots, when a large number of Republicans come out in support of Flynn's comments and even fund sedition efforts, then your comparison might be an apt one. Until then, it likewise is absurd.

Osodecentx
Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

!. Flynn is a Republican

This story contains the video of Flynn.
If Flynn is a lifelong Dem, how does denouncing what he said help Dems?
Osodecentx
Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

[sarcasm]My gosh, newsflash! A Republican who DOESN'T support a coup! I am shocked, shocked I tell you![/sarcasm]

This is really going to damage Sam's narrative.
I set out this AM to find Republicans who denounced what he said.
HuMcK
They stopped being fringe when they took the White House. I don't know what's so hard to understand about that. It seems like you really feel a need to absolve yourself of any responsibility for the people you voted into power.

This is the predictable result you were warned about when you had a chance to stop it, but then (as now) you dismissed the warnings as overly alarmist. You don't get to talk constantly about how you just had to vote for Trump to support conservative policies or whatever, and then shirk all responsibility for the natural consequences of Trumpism.
Mothra
Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

!. Flynn is a Republican

This story contains the video of Flynn.
If Flynn is a lifelong Des, how does denouncing what he said help Dems?
It continues to put the fringe elements of the party in the news.
Mothra
HuMcK said:

They stopped being fringe when they took the White House. I don't know what's so hard to understand about that. It seems like you really feel a need to absolve yourself of any responsibility for the people you voted into power.

This is the predictable result you were warned about when you had a chance to stop it, but then (as now) you dismissed the warnings as overly alarmist. You don't get to talk constantly about how you just had to vote for Trump to support conservative policies or whatever, and then shirk all responsibility for the natural consequences of Trumpism.
I am not ashamed of a vote for Trump. I wish he was still president. Certainly, I had more money in my pocket, could afford things that have now become too expensive due to hyperinflation, and enjoyed a relatively peaceful co-existence with the rest of the world. I would vote for that any day of the week over the socialist currently in office.

The idea that voting for that is voting for sedition probably only makes sense to you.
Forest Bueller_bf
PartyBear said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

Osodecentx said:

If the GOP caucus on the Hill and Republican leaders of some states werent marching lock step with the Big Lie etc. you might have a point that t this is fringe and not the establishment of whatever this party is that has taken the GOP's name.
I'm guessing the Big Lie, was the lie that the election was stolen.

That Big Lie seems to resurrect itself once every 4 years for someone. Democrats were so insistent that Trumps election was a big lie they were still trying to overthrow his election 3 years into his term, with the Russia stuff. Hillary wrote a book still not able to admit she just lost. Gore never got over losing. The Big Lie seems to recycle on a regular basis.

That is pretty common politics. This overthrow through military coup stuff is not. I don't know a single person who believes that. It isn't anything but fringe sentiment, of seriously disturbed people that think they posses more power than they do.
Sam Lowry
Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

!. Flynn is a Republican

Playing dumb again? When you proffer that Republicans must "own" statements of the crazy fringe elements of the party, it suggests that you believe a good percentage of them hold those positions. Otherwise, why suggest that a party "own" the views of its fringe elements?

Thus, I was curious if that's what you truly believed. Apparently, you are afraid to give an honest answer or simply or can't answer the question. Thus, your position that Republicans must "own" Flynn's views remains absurd.

As for your comparison to Dems and the BLM riots, when a large number of Republicans come out in support of Flynn's comments and even fund sedition efforts, then your comparison might be an apt one. Until then, it likewise is absurd.

I assumed you were talking about voters. The party leaders are obviously okay with it, as evidenced by the fact that West shared a stage with Flynn in the first place. No sane party would have anything to do with Flynn after his tweets helped incite the Capitol riot.
Mothra
Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

!. Flynn is a Republican

I assumed you were talking about voters. The party leaders are obviously okay with it, as evidenced by the fact that West shared a stage with Flynn in the first place. No sane party would have anything to do with Flynn after his tweets helped incite the Capitol riot.
We are talking about Republicans. It wasn't a difficult question. Why should Republicans own the statements of the fringe?

And are we talking about the same West who denounced Flynn's comments? The same West who did not appear with Flynn at the event in question?

You have very strange logic.
PartyBear
Forest Bueller_bf said:

PartyBear said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

Osodecentx said:

That Big Lie seems to resurrect itself once every 4 years for someone. Democrats were so insistent that Trumps election was a big lie they were still trying to overthrow his election 3 years into his term, with the Russia stuff. Hillary wrote a book still not able to admit she just lost. Gore never got over losing. The Big Lie seems to recycle on a regular basis.

That is pretty common politics. This overthrow through military coup stuff is not. I don't know a single person who believes that. It isn't anything but fringe sentiment, of seriously disturbed people that think they posses more power than they do.
Actually there is no whataboutism here at all. There was an insurrection attempt. Now a member (a former NSC advisor no less) of the administration that lost election is talking military coup. Trump is claiming he will be reinstated by August. Nothing in our history has ever been like this. You are right though about one thing these are seriously disturbed and mislead people we are talking about.
Sam Lowry
Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

!. Flynn is a Republican

We are talking about Republicans. It wasn't a difficult question. Why should Republicans own the statements of the fringe?

And are we talking about the same West who denounced Flynn's comments? The same West who did not appear with Flynn at the event in question?

West did appear at the event.

What you should own is not the seditionists, but the fact of their influence in the party.
Doc Holliday
PartyBear said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

PartyBear said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

Osodecentx said:

Actually there is no whataboutism here at all. There was an insurrection attempt. Now a member (a former NSC advisor no less) of the administration that lost election is talking military coup. Trump is claiming he will be reinstated by August. Nothing in our history has ever been like this. You are right though about one thing these are seriously disturbed and mislead people we are talking about.
To fit the definition of an insurrection in the 21st century, the rioters would have to be armed with guns, none of them were.

NYT is claiming Trump is making the claim. You can't verify if it's true or not.

Lots of things in our history have been like this, mostly worse
Sam Lowry
PartyBear said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

PartyBear said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

Osodecentx said:

Yeah, but the vast majority of former US presidents are not Trump. He's a fringe character.
Doc Holliday
Sam Lowry said:

PartyBear said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

PartyBear said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

Osodecentx said:

Yeah, but the vast majority of former US presidents are not Trump. He's a fringe character.
I think you know the IC tried to frame up Flynn and the Trump admin.

They will do it again to ANYONE not in their club. You know this.

It's much more dangerous than fringe presidents.
Mothra
Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

!. Flynn is a Republican

West did appear at the event.

What you should own is not the seditionists, but the fact of their influence in the party.
And they shared a stage? Did you miss his comments where he condemned Flynn?

I am curious, what influence do "seditionists" have in the party? And how do Republicans "own" that they "influence" the party? I am trying to find the Repubs that have come out in support of "sedition." Please provide a link.
Mothra
Sam Lowry said:

PartyBear said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

PartyBear said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

Osodecentx said:

Too stupid to understand the distinction between Flynn and a losing candidate for president?

How the mighty have fallen.
Sam Lowry
Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

PartyBear said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

PartyBear said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

Osodecentx said:

I think you know the IC tried to frame up Flynn and the Trump admin.

They will do it again to ANYONE not in their club. You know this.

It's much more dangerous than fringe presidents.
Tried and failed. We were happy with the rule of law when it vindicated us, so let's not pretend this is about the IC.
C. Jordan
Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

!. Flynn is a Republican

Sam Lowry
Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

PartyBear said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

PartyBear said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

Osodecentx said:

Too stupid to understand the distinction between Flynn and a losing candidate for president?

How the mighty have fallen.
Careful. We may tolerate a lot in this party, but one thing you don't do is call Trump a loser. Just ask Liz Cheney.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.