Michael Byrd. Say His Name............

8,545 Views | 160 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BaylorBears_254
BaylorBJM
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BearTruth13 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

BearTruth13 said:

BearTruth13 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

BearTruth13 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

BearTruth13 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

BearTruth13 said:

Didn't peg you for a cop hater.
Wow. I have you pegged perfect!y.

I support law enforcement. Babbit made stupid choices, put herself in a stupid and bad situation and paid for it.
So did George Floyd. But we won't talk about that.

I dare you to discuss this specific case without discussing BLM or George Floyd. You won't be able to. Because politics clouds your judgement. Picking teams is more important than justice or right/wrong.
Fair enough. Tell me how an unarmed 5'2" 125 lb. woman woman deserves to be gunned down by a cop because he felt like his life was threatened.

GO!

She was breaking through a barricaded entrance with dozens of rioters behind her. Behind the cop were many members of our national government that he is obligated to protect (literally his job). He has no idea if she is armed and she is carrying a backpack with unknown contents. While she doesn't "deserve" to die for that, it shouldn't really be a surprise. Make stupid choices, win stupid prizes.

Would you be at all surprised if you tried to break through a window into the West Wing and the Secret Service shot you? I wouldn't. I'd sit there and think to myself "I'm an idiot. I should absolutely have known this was the most likely outcome." It would not matter one bit if I was armed or not. The possibility I might be would be enough.

Byrd might not be a hero but he certainly isn't a villain. Babbitt's death is on her and whoever convinced her to enter the Capital and start breaking through barricaded doors.

Any response to this RD?

Again without bringing up an entirely unrelated case or incident to bolster your weak argument.
5'2" 125 lb. unarmed female. What else do you want me to say? I got nuthin'!!!!

Are those your measurements and gender? Why do you keep quoting them? Engage with the argument in a reasonable way or exit the board.

Midnight scotched out RD2 is always full of logic and reason
Johnny Bear
BaylorBJM said:

BearTruth13 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

BearTruth13 said:

BearTruth13 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

BearTruth13 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

BearTruth13 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

BearTruth13 said:

I support law enforcement. Babbit made stupid choices, put herself in a stupid and bad situation and paid for it.

I dare you to discuss this specific case without discussing BLM or George Floyd. You won't be able to. Because politics clouds your judgement. Picking teams is more important than justice or right/wrong.
Fair enough. Tell me how an unarmed 5'2" 125 lb. woman woman deserves to be gunned down by a cop because he felt like his life was threatened.

GO!

She was breaking through a barricaded entrance with dozens of rioters behind her. Behind the cop were many members of our national government that he is obligated to protect (literally his job). He has no idea if she is armed and she is carrying a backpack with unknown contents. While she doesn't "deserve" to die for that, it shouldn't really be a surprise. Make stupid choices, win stupid prizes.

Would you be at all surprised if you tried to break through a window into the West Wing and the Secret Service shot you? I wouldn't. I'd sit there and think to myself "I'm an idiot. I should absolutely have known this was the most likely outcome." It would not matter one bit if I was armed or not. The possibility I might be would be enough.

Byrd might not be a hero but he certainly isn't a villain. Babbitt's death is on her and whoever convinced her to enter the Capital and start breaking through barricaded doors.

Any response to this RD?

Again without bringing up an entirely unrelated case or incident to bolster your weak argument.

Are those your measurements and gender? Why do you keep quoting them? Engage with the argument in a reasonable way or exit the board.

And sober or drunk, posters like you are always full of BS. How's that "Biden's Approval Ratings" thread you started aging?
BearTruth13
Rawhide said:

Jack and DP said:

It's hard to find fault with the officer after watching this video.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/2021/01/08/ashli-babbitt-shooting-video-capitol/
Yep. Babitt played a stupid game and won a stupid prize.

My biggest issue is how this shooting was treated much differently compared to other (justified) officer involved shootings lately - by the hypocrite liberals and the lyin' media.

White cops shoots black guy after perp tries to wrestle gun from cop - "let's fry the SOB copper"!

Black cops kills white woman trying to crawl through a window - "nothing to see here"

You can complain about double standards and hypocrisy. But don't become a hypocrite yourself.

If you look at this situation in a vacuum, it was a tough decision and the cop just did his job. No need to drag a cop through the mud just because you hate the left. Makes you no better than them.
BaylorBJM
lol arent you the poster who claims the election was 100%, unequivocally stolen by "the deep state"?

Youre under the impression I don't call out my own posts. Go check the football board, I bump stupid predictions I've made all the time. Being wrong is okay. Doubling down and tripling down on it is not.

And youre right, 48% is no bueno for old Joe. His handling of Afghanistan has been disgusting.

Sad that 48% would be the highest rating ever achieved for the previous administration.

The bar has truly been lowered these past two administrations.
Mothra
BearTruth13 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

BearTruth13 said:

It's a shame you don't.
Supporting law enforcement and endorsing all cop killings are two very different things. I support law enforcement as well, and believe what they've been through the past year has been terrible.

I also believe what Derek Chauvin did to George Floyd was manslaughter at a minimum. Does that make me a "cop hater" in your book?

There are serious questions as to whether the killing of Babbit was justified.
Sam Lowry
Mothra said:

BearTruth13 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

BearTruth13 said:

It's a shame you don't.
What are they?
BearTruth13
Mothra said:

BearTruth13 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

BearTruth13 said:

It's a shame you don't.
Supporting law enforcement and endorsing all cop killings are two very different things. I support law enforcement as well, and believe what they've been through the past year has been terrible.

I also believe what Derek Chauvin did to George Floyd was manslaughter at a minimum. Does that make me a "cop hater" in your book?

At least you are consistent, most posters wanted Chauvin cleared and think Byrd is a murderer.

But no I don't think there are any questions.
4th and Inches
Johnny Bear said:

BaylorBJM said:

BearTruth13 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

BearTruth13 said:

BearTruth13 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

BearTruth13 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

BearTruth13 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

BearTruth13 said:

GO!

Any response to this RD?

And sober or drunk, posters like you are always full of BS. How's that "Biden's Approval Ratings" thread you started aging?
you forgot the laughing crying emoji..
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Mothra
Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

BearTruth13 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

BearTruth13 said:

It's a shame you don't.
What are they?
The video raises serious doubts about whether the officer had probable cause to believe Babbit posed an imminent threat of serious bodily harm. Typically, that requires a belief that the suspect is armed. Officers are encouraged to use less than deadly force, such as stun guns and pepper spray, when they don't know that a suspect is armed and poses a risk of serious bodily harm. We know that wasn't done here.

Another problem is that because these proceedings have been kept secret, we are largely in the dark. If this had been a police officer who had used deadly force on say a BLM protestor, his name would be splashed across the news and the findings of the investigation made public. That of course never happened here. The same level of scrutiny has not been applied.
Mothra
BearTruth13 said:

Mothra said:

BearTruth13 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

BearTruth13 said:

It's a shame you don't.

At least you are consistent, most posters wanted Chauvin cleared and think Byrd is a murderer.

So I am a cop hater under your definition, or not?

I think the video says otherwise.
Forest Bueller_bf
Canon said:

If one was interested in a track record of irresponsible behavior with guns, one might look here

https://www.rollcall.com/2019/02/27/capitol-police-weapon-left-unattended-in-capitol-bathroom-again/

After the House adjourned on Monday, Lt. Mike Byrd left his Glock 22 in a bathroom in the Capitol Visitor Center complex, according to sources familiar with the incident. Byrd is the commander of the House Chambers section of the Capitol Police and was on the job Tuesday and Wednesday.

Byrd addressed the incident at Tuesday morning's officer roll call and, according to sources, told fellow officers that he "will be treated differently" because of his rank as a lieutenant. It was not clear what exactly the lieutenant meant by the comment.
I guess he meant he can now get away with incredibly stupid stuff and not get fired.
Forest Bueller_bf
BearTruth13 said:

Mothra said:

BearTruth13 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

BearTruth13 said:

It's a shame you don't.

I haven't met a single person that wanted Chauvin cleared.
BearTruth13
Forest Bueller_bf said:

BearTruth13 said:

Mothra said:

BearTruth13 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

BearTruth13 said:

It's a shame you don't.

Go back and read the thread a few months ago. And sure sounds like RD was a Chauvin fan based on his posts here.
Mothra
BearTruth13 said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

BearTruth13 said:

Mothra said:

BearTruth13 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

BearTruth13 said:

It's a shame you don't.

Go back and read the thread a few months ago. And sure sounds like RD was a Chauvin fan based on his posts here.
So you've surmised RD wanted Chauvin cleared. Who are the others? You said "most posters wanted Chauvin cleared." Who are they?
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
BearTruth13 said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

BearTruth13 said:

Mothra said:

BearTruth13 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

BearTruth13 said:

It's a shame you don't.

What? Where did you get that idea? I never have supported Derek Chauvin or his actions. He got what he deserved. If you have a post where I said otherwise, I would love to see it.

Neither George Floyd nor Ashili Babbitt deserved to die.

One cop is in prison for probably the rest of his life and the other has started his talk show tour.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
BearTruth13
Mothra said:

BearTruth13 said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

BearTruth13 said:

Mothra said:

BearTruth13 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

BearTruth13 said:

It's a shame you don't.

So you've surmised RD wanted Chauvin cleared. Who are the others? You said "most posters wanted Chauvin cleared." Who are they?

Go reread the Chauvin court case thread. Have at it.
Sam Lowry
Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

BearTruth13 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

BearTruth13 said:

It's a shame you don't.
What are they?
The video raises serious doubts about whether the officer had probable cause to believe Babbit posed an imminent threat of serious bodily harm. Typically, that requires a belief that the suspect is armed. Officers are encouraged to use less than deadly force, such as stun guns and pepper spray, when they don't know that a suspect is armed and poses a risk of serious bodily harm. We know that wasn't done here.

Another problem is that because these proceedings have been kept secret, we are largely in the dark. If this had been a police officer who had used deadly force on say a BLM protestor, his name would be splashed across the news and the findings of the investigation made public. That of course never happened here. The same level of scrutiny has not been applied.

It may typically involve a belief that the suspect is armed; it certainly does not require any such belief. The video also shows that others were armed, at least with blunt weapons.
Mothra
Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

BearTruth13 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

BearTruth13 said:

It's a shame you don't.
What are they?

It may typically involve a belief that the suspect is armed; it certainly does not require any such belief. The video also shows that others were armed, at least with blunt weapons.
Like I said, it raises questions regarding whether the use of deadly force was justified. Indeed it does.
Mothra
BearTruth13 said:

Mothra said:

BearTruth13 said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

BearTruth13 said:

Mothra said:

BearTruth13 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

BearTruth13 said:

It's a shame you don't.

I saw that thread many months ago. Like Forest, I don't recall any posters saying they wanted Chauvin cleared.

When you made the statement above, I thought you at least had some evidence of your position, and were not merely talking out of your arse. I guess I was wrong.

And again, am I a cop hater or not?
Sam Lowry
Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

BearTruth13 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

BearTruth13 said:

It's a shame you don't.
What are they?

Like I said, it raises questions regarding whether the use of deadly force was justified. Indeed it does.
It's hard to take seriously under the circumstances. What was the officer going to do -- wait for the entrance to be breached, wave her on, and have the rest of the rioters pass through in single file so he could stop and frisk them? Meanwhile they're free to assault and beat the legislators within an inch of their lives as long as they do it unarmed and mostly peacefully?

It was his job to protect them. If nothing else, he probably kept a lot more rioters from dying if they'd gotten through.
Mothra
Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

BearTruth13 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

BearTruth13 said:

It's a shame you don't.
What are they?

It's hard to take seriously under the circumstances. What was the officer going to do -- wait for the entrance to be breached, wave her on, and have the rest of the rioters pass through in single file so he could stop and frisk them? Meanwhile they're free to assault and beat the legislators within an inch of their lives as long as they do it unarmed and mostly peacefully?

It was his job to protect them. If nothing else, he probably kept a lot more rioters from dying if they'd gotten through.
The question in these circumstances is whether less than deadly force could have first been employed prior to the use of deadly force. This is standard police officer training in this country. Unless you know the individual is armed and dangerous, police forces across the country require their officers to use less than deadly force to repel and prevent attack. So, could the officer have used pepper spray or a stun gun? Of course he could have.

I realize this officer was in a difficult position. He was unaware that the protestors hadn't harmed any legislators at the time of this incident. So, I am not saying that he should have been tried and convicted of murder or manslaughter. But I do think the question of whether deadly force was justified deserves closer scrutiny. We will never get that in this case because Babbitt was an undesirable. She was far right, white, and had entered the Capitol and committed vandalism inside. And she was killed by a black officer.
BearTruth13
Mothra said:

BearTruth13 said:

Mothra said:

BearTruth13 said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

BearTruth13 said:

Mothra said:

BearTruth13 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

BearTruth13 said:

It's a shame you don't.

I saw that thread many months ago. Like Forest, I don't recall any posters saying they wanted Chauvin cleared.

When you made the statement above, I thought you at least had some evidence of your position, and were not merely talking out of your arse. I guess I was wrong.

I honestly don't know if you are. Your questions are kind of nonsensical and pointless regarding the case. So it seems like you want the cop to be guilty for other reasons.
sombear
Enough evidence is known to support the following, and in my view, anyone vehemently disagreeing is blinded by politics:

- This was not an insurrection. Not even close. Even the idiot feds who exaggerated early are now having to admit in court there was no grand plan to storm the capitol. And, the 1-2 small groups who did talk about it had no plan to act if they got inside - which was obvious because once they entered, they mostly stood around taking pictures. There were no weapons to speak of and no attempt to take over.
- Local and fed law enforcement dropped the ball and were not prepared leading up to the riot.
- Law enforcement showed amazing restraint that day. They did not know what the crowd's intentions were and saw their own being assaulted verbally and physically. They knew members of congress were still inside, while the idiot rioters stormed in. I truly am amazed more shots weren't fired.
- The rioters storming the capitol deserve no sympathy for their actions and are lucky they weren't shot.
- That said, the way the fed system has treated them during the investigation and trials is an abomination. They have been treated far more harshly than others, and it's purely because they rioted for Trump.
- Trump's failure to speak more forcefully that day and failure to try and help Pence and others is disgusting. But, nothing he did or didn't do was even close to criminal.
- Whatever was inside Byrd's head we may never know, but objectively, he had every right to shoot Babbitt. Those videos are tough to watch. Again, congress was still inside and rioters were forcing their way in. Byrd had no idea they did not have weapons and no idea they intended no harm once inside.
Whiskey Pete
BearTruth13 said:

Rawhide said:

Jack and DP said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/2021/01/08/ashli-babbitt-shooting-video-capitol/

My biggest issue is how this shooting was treated much differently compared to other (justified) officer involved shootings lately - by the hypocrite liberals and the lyin' media.

White cops shoots black guy after perp tries to wrestle gun from cop - "let's fry the SOB copper"!

Black cops kills white woman trying to crawl through a window - "nothing to see here"

You can complain about double standards and hypocrisy. But don't become a hypocrite yourself.

If you look at this situation in a vacuum, it was a tough decision and the cop just did his job. No need to drag a cop through the mud just because you hate the left. Makes you no better than them.
Please tell me where I said the cop should've never shot her or that he should fried or that he should be imprisoned.

I've repeatedly said she played a stupid game and won a stupid prize. I'm not being hypocritical here. I'm complaining about the (as usual) hypocrisy of the left.
Whiskey Pete
Mothra said:

BearTruth13 said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

BearTruth13 said:

Mothra said:

BearTruth13 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

BearTruth13 said:

It's a shame you don't.

Me thinks his comprehension skills need a booster shot.
Whiskey Pete
BearTruth13 said:

Mothra said:

BearTruth13 said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

BearTruth13 said:

Mothra said:

BearTruth13 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

BearTruth13 said:

It's a shame you don't.

You're making an accusation about RD, why don't you prove it?
Mothra
BearTruth13 said:

Mothra said:

BearTruth13 said:

Mothra said:

BearTruth13 said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

BearTruth13 said:

Mothra said:

BearTruth13 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

BearTruth13 said:

It's a shame you don't.

I honestly don't know if you are. Your questions are kind of nonsensical and pointless regarding the case. So it seems like you want the cop to be guilty for other reasons.
Non-sensical would describe the suggestion those who think this cop should be subject to similar scrutiny as Chauvin are somehow "cop-haters."
Mothra
Rawhide said:

BearTruth13 said:

Mothra said:

BearTruth13 said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

BearTruth13 said:

Mothra said:

BearTruth13 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

BearTruth13 said:

It's a shame you don't.

Good luck. I've asked this same question 4 times, and have yet to get an answer.

I've found that TDS has a severe impact on one's reasoning ability.
BearTruth13
Rawhide said:

BearTruth13 said:

Mothra said:

BearTruth13 said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

BearTruth13 said:

Mothra said:

BearTruth13 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

BearTruth13 said:

It's a shame you don't.

Considering you were one of those that wanted Chauvin off (just went to reread that thread), I'd stand down.
BearTruth13
Rawhide said:

BearTruth13 said:

Mothra said:

BearTruth13 said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

BearTruth13 said:

Mothra said:

BearTruth13 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

BearTruth13 said:

It's a shame you don't.

The fact that a split second decision to shoot at a mob trying to break through a barricade is compared to a cop unnecessarily kneeling on a guy's neck for 8 minutes while his partners watch is all I need to see.

One was a split second decision in a situation that was unclear and potentially dangerous. The other was an 8 minute decision against a guy that was clearly subdued and unarmed.
Whiskey Pete
BearTruth13 said:

Rawhide said:

BearTruth13 said:

Mothra said:

BearTruth13 said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

BearTruth13 said:

Mothra said:

BearTruth13 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

BearTruth13 said:

It's a shame you don't.

Considering you were one of those that wanted Chauvin off (just went to reread that thread), I'd stand down.
That's a outright lie, a-s-s*hole.... .point me to where I said he should get off/found not guilty/be set free.

I'll sure as hell show you where I said the exact opposite: https://sicem365.com/forums/7/topics/84724/replies/2131538

You're fckin' desperate, quite making crap up
Whiskey Pete
BearTruth13 said:

Rawhide said:

BearTruth13 said:

Mothra said:

BearTruth13 said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

BearTruth13 said:

Mothra said:

BearTruth13 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

BearTruth13 said:

It's a shame you don't.

The fact that a split second decision to shoot at a mob trying to break through a barricade is compared to a cop unnecessarily kneeling on a guy's neck for 8 minutes while his partners watch is all I need to see.

One was a split second decision in a situation that was unclear and potentially dangerous. The other was an 8 minute decision against a guy that was clearly subdued and unarmed.
So are you going to prove it? You didn't address my question.

Are you this stupid or this dishonest or both?
fadskier
Johnny Bear said:

Rawhide said:

Jack and DP said:

The level of hypocrisy on the left defies description. Simply make Babbitt a black BLM'er and Byrd a white cop and the left would use it as an instant excuse for another round of rampant rioting and looting. I can just hear Al Sharpton with his bull horn. But no, she was a white veteran Trump supporter and Byrd is black, so hey - per the left, she had it coming. Yes, she made a bad/dumb decision that day, but not as bad/dumb as the one George Floyd made by resisting arrest and yet look at how radically different the reaction has been.
Yeah, I agree with this. If she were black and the cop was white...DC would have burned.
Whiskey Pete
Mothra said:

Rawhide said:

BearTruth13 said:

Mothra said:

BearTruth13 said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

BearTruth13 said:

Mothra said:

BearTruth13 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

BearTruth13 said:

It's a shame you don't.

Good luck. I've asked this same question 4 times, and have yet to get an answer.

I've found that TDS has a severe impact on one's reasoning ability.
This kid is so eat up with hate and liberalism, he doesn't know if he should scratch his watch or wind his ass
BearTruth13
Rawhide said:

BearTruth13 said:

Rawhide said:

BearTruth13 said:

Mothra said:

BearTruth13 said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

BearTruth13 said:

Mothra said:

BearTruth13 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

BearTruth13 said:

It's a shame you don't.

That's a outright lie, a-s-s*hole.... .point me to where I said he should get off/found not guilty/be set free.

I'll sure as hell show you where I said the exact opposite: https://sicem365.com/forums/7/topics/84724/replies/2131538

You're fckin' desperate, quite making crap up

Spelling sure goes out the window when you get mad.

I like that you posted the last post you made in the thread. Not the first several where you stated Floyd was to blame instead of Chauvin.

Also, not a liberal. Actually volunteer for the Republican Party in my hometown, voted for Trump and previously interned for a Republican Congressman.

I spend time chewing out fake conservatives like yourself that are a stain on my party.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.