The insurrection

10,620 Views | 199 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by 4th and Inches
Florda_mike
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

I'm not sure what that's supposed to prove. No one should expect to get the whole truth of the event from 1-2 minutes of video.
99% of what transpired on J6 looks like that video.
That's the exact same spin the media put on the "fiery but mostly peaceful" protests.
What do you believe?

I think it's undisputed that significant damage was done. If only 1% of them did it, they were very good at it. It really doesn't matter though. Like BLM, the fact that the majority may be peaceful doesn't excuse the violence or make the ideology any less evil.

Would you believe the FBI did it if you saw them do it?
Sam Lowry
Florda_mike said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

I'm not sure what that's supposed to prove. No one should expect to get the whole truth of the event from 1-2 minutes of video.
That's the exact same spin the media put on the "fiery but mostly peaceful" protests.
What do you believe?

I think it's undisputed that significant damage was done. If only 1% of them did it, they were very good at it. It really doesn't matter though. Like BLM, the fact that the majority may be peaceful doesn't excuse the violence or make the ideology any less evil.

I always believe you when you have convincing evidence.
GrowlTowel
Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

It isn't and you know it.
Your ideas are intriguing to me, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
Florda_mike
Sam Lowry said:

Florda_mike said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

What do you believe?

That's not what I asked, so again

If you literally saw FBI did January 6th damage, would you then admit they did it?
fadskier
Sam Lowry said:

fadskier said:

Sam Lowry said:

Denying is defending. I'm just stating what happened. You're either unaware or choosing to ignore it.
Quote:

Although a number of courts had already dismissed fraud allegations, many in the pro-Trump online world became fascinated with two lawyers with close ties to the president - Sidney Powell and L Lin Wood.

Ms Powell, 65, a conservative activist and former federal prosecutor, told Fox News that the effort would "release the Kraken" - a reference to a gigantic sea monster from Scandinavian folklore that rises up from the ocean to devour its enemies.

The "Kraken" quickly became an internet meme, representing sprawling, unsubstantiated claims of widespread election fraud.

Ms Powell and Mr Wood became heroes to followers of the QAnon conspiracy theory - who believe President Trump and a secret military intelligence team are battling a deep state made up of Satan-worshipping paedophiles in the Democratic Party, media, business and Hollywood.

The lawyers became a conduit between the president and his most conspiracy-minded supporters - a number of whom ended up inside the Capitol on 6 January.

On online platforms, supporters were becoming resigned to the view that all legal avenues were dead ends, and only direct action could save the Trump presidency.

Since election day, alongside Mr Flynn, Ms Powell and Mr Wood, a new figure had rapidly gained prominence among pro-Trump circles online.

Ron Watkins is the son of Jim Watkins, the man behind 8chan and 8kun - message boards filled with extreme language and views, violence and extreme sexual content. They gave rise to the QAnon movement.

In a series of viral tweets on 17 December, Ron Watkins suggested President Trump should follow the example of Roman leader Julius Caesar, and capitalise on "fierce loyalty of the military" in order to "restore the Republic".

Ron Watkins encouraged his more than 500,000 followers to make #CrossTheRubicon a Twitter trend, referring to the moment when Caesar launched a civil war by crossing the Rubicon river in 49BC. The hashtag was also used by more mainstream figures - including the chairwoman of Arizona Republican Party, Kelli Ward.

In a separate tweet, Ron Watkins said Mr Trump must invoke the Insurrection Act, which empowers the president to deploy the military and federal forces.

Mr Trump met Ms Powell, Mr Flynn and others at a strategy meeting at the White House the following day, 18 December.

During the meeting, according to the New York Times, Mr Flynn called on Mr Trump to impose martial law and deploy the military to "rerun" the election.

The meeting further stoked online chatter about "war" and "revolution" in far-right circles. Many came to see the joint session of Congress on 6 January, normally a formality, as a last roll of the dice.

A wishful story began to take hold among QAnon and some MAGA supporters. They hoped that Vice-President Mike Pence, who was set to preside over the 6 January ceremony, would ignore the electoral college votes.

The president, they said, would then deploy the military to quell any unrest, order the mass arrest of the "deep state cabal" who had rigged the election and send them to Guantanamo Bay military prison.

Back in the land of reality, none of this was remotely feasible. But it launched a movement for "patriot caravans" to organise ride shares to help transport thousands from around the country to Washington DC on 6 January.

Long processions of vehicles flying Trump flags and sometimes towing elaborately decorated trailers gathered in car parks in cities including Louisville, Kentucky, Atlanta, Georgia, and Scranton, Pennsylvania.

"We are on our way," one caravaner posted on Twitter with a picture of about two dozen supporters.

At an Ikea parking lot in North Carolina, another man showed off his truck. "The flags are a little tattered - we'll call them battle flags now," he said.

As it became clear that Mr Pence and other key Republicans would follow the law and allow Congress to certify Mr Biden's win, the language towards them became vicious.

"Pence will be in jail awaiting trial for treason," Mr Wood tweeted. "He will face execution by firing squad."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-55592332

This proves that there were a few people who spouted off...so what? Dems called for violence all summer...
A few people who happened to be leaders of the "stop the steal" movement, with hundreds of thousands of followers, many of whom converged on the Capitol on a certain date at a certain time. Quite a coincidence.

and hundreds of thousands remained peaceful outside and, according to video, peaceful inside as well. They SHOULD be changed with what they did...trespass and unlawful entry...except those allowed in by officers
Salute the Marines - Joe Biden
Sam Lowry
GrowlTowel said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Sure it is. This board completely lost it every time someone called the BLM protests peaceful, even though they mostly were. Now you're doing the same thing. I point out MAGA misbehavior, you distract with "but but look at all those other people who weren't violent."
Sam Lowry
Florda_mike said:

Sam Lowry said:

Florda_mike said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

What do you believe?

That's not what I asked, so again

If you literally saw FBI did January 6th damage, would you then admit they did it?
Sure, if I knew that's who it was.
Doc Holliday
Sam Lowry said:

GrowlTowel said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Sure it is. This board completely lost it every time someone called the BLM protests peaceful, even though they mostly were. Now you're doing the same thing. I point out MAGA misbehavior, you distract with "but but look at all those other people who weren't violent."
2020 BLM / Racial based rioting: $2 Billion in damage. 34 dead, some of those children. Not the first year this happened.

J6: MAGA team member killed. Minimal damage. Mostly peaceful.

It's not the same. The treatment isn't the same either. Our VP helped nonprofits get millions to post bail for BLM rioters who were jailed. She wants J6 trespassers jailed for life.

Sam Lowry
Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

GrowlTowel said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

2020 BLM / Racial based rioting: $2 Billion in damage. 34 dead, some of those children. Not the first year this happened.

It's not the same. The treatment isn't the same either. Our VP helped nonprofits get millions to post bail for BLM rioters who were jailed. She wants J6 trespassers jailed for life.

I'm not minimizing the race riots. They were atrocious, and I've said so many times. But that's $2 billion over the better part of a year. MAGA cost the government $30 million-plus in just a few hours.
Doc Holliday
Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

GrowlTowel said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

I'm not minimizing the race riots. They were atrocious, and I've said so many times. But that's $2 billion over the better part of a year. MAGA cost the government $30 million-plus in just a few hours.
Then you agree with our President that it's the worst attack since the civil war?

If so, why not have these people jailed for life?

You have a deep hatred for MAGA and growing love for neoliberal narratives. I hope I never wake up to find myself repeating the talking points of the DC establishment.
Florda_mike
Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

GrowlTowel said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

To quote Rebel, "You're an idiot, complete and utter idiot!"

Ya can't fix stupid
Florda_mike
Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

GrowlTowel said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Then you agree with our President that it's the worst attack since the civil war?

You have a deep hatred for MAGA and growing love for neoliberal narratives. I hope I never wake up to find myself repeating the talking points of the DC establishment.

…. like Sam and DC etc do here
ATL Bear
quash said:

fadskier said:

Words vs. actions...alot of people spout stuff but very few act on it. These people ended up breaking in and taking pictures.

I cannot get over the way so many of you completely disregard the reason for the breaking in: to overturn the results of a valid presidential election. I guess if you take selfies then the intent just disappears...
How were they going to overturn it? Disrupt it? Sure. How would any one of them overturn it?
Sam Lowry
Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

GrowlTowel said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

What I feel is not hate but deep disappointment. Every time Democrats further debase themselves, Republicans say "hold my beer." I voted with MAGA before realizing there was no line some of you wouldn't cross (I don't necessarily mean you; in general I think you're one of the saner ones here, but you're too invested in Trump's propaganda).
BearFan33
Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

GrowlTowel said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

What I feel is not hate but deep disappointment. Every time Democrats further debase themselves, Republicans say "hold my beer." I voted with MAGA before realizing there was no line some of you wouldn't cross (I don't necessarily mean you; in general I think you're one of the saner ones here, but you're too invested in Trump's propaganda).
There is no trump propaganda. He has been deplatformed. There are only media outlets reporting all sorts of versions of what happened and who was responsible. I have shared links on this board which provides evidence of the fbi's involvement in the "insurrection." It mirrors their involvement in Whitmer "kidnap" plot where the majority of the participants were on the fbi payroll in a classic entrapment scheme. If this was the greatest threat to our democracy why didn't they stop it? Isn't that what they are supposed to do? Why did they participate?

It's sad, but once you accept that our DOJ and FBI have become partisan agents who are not trustworthy, things become easier to understand. Even more concerning, it appears our military leadership is on the same path.
quash
ATL Bear said:

quash said:

fadskier said:

Words vs. actions...alot of people spout stuff but very few act on it. These people ended up breaking in and taking pictures.

I cannot get over the way so many of you completely disregard the reason for the breaking in: to overturn the results of a valid presidential election. I guess if you take selfies then the intent just disappears...
How were they going to overturn it? Disrupt it? Sure. How would any one of them overturn it?

Beats me, I wasn't part of group that wanted to stop the steal and arrest the VP. I just know that was their expressed intent.

Whether the "how" was substantive or just flat goofy really doesn't matter: they broke in to stop the working of the valid electoral process in a presidential election so that their guy would be kept in office.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
quash
BearFan33 said:

There is no trump propaganda. He has been deplatformed.

He is still holding rallies.

He deplatformed his own blog in under 3 Mooches.

He has options.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Oldbear83
Sam hates America and is now working against her.

Noted
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Sam Lowry
BearFan33 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

GrowlTowel said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

There is no trump propaganda. He has been deplatformed. There are only media outlets reporting all sorts of versions of what happened and who was responsible. I have shared links on this board which provides evidence of the fbi's involvement in the "insurrection." It mirrors their involvement in Whitmer "kidnap" plot where the majority of the participants were on the fbi payroll in a classic entrapment scheme. If this was the greatest threat to our democracy why didn't they stop it? Isn't that what they are supposed to do? Why did they participate?

It's sad, but once you accept that our DOJ and FBI have become partisan agents who are not trustworthy, things become easier to understand. Even more concerning, it appears our military leadership is on the same path.
Trump is obviously still an influence, both from his words while in office and from his hints about the future.

It's become routine for right-wingers to cry "false flag." I haven't seen evidence that 1/6 was such an operation.
Whiskey Pete
Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

GrowlTowel said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Says the guy buying 100% into the leftist propaganda. That's rich!
BearFan33
Sam Lowry said:

BearFan33 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

GrowlTowel said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Trump is obviously still an influence, both from his words while in office and from his hints about the future.

It's become routine for right-wingers to cry "false flag." I haven't seen evidence that 1/6 was such an operation.

Sit in a dark closet, put fingers in ears, close eyes and continue to repeat "There is no evidence". I have posted some several times on this site. You can choose to ignore it at your own peril. The threat to our republic is not from the "insurrection," it's from corrupt law enforcement agencies and media. Both of which have cast their lot with the Democratic Party.
ATL Bear
quash said:

ATL Bear said:

quash said:

fadskier said:

Beats me, I wasn't part of group that wanted to stop the steal and arrest the VP. I just know that was their expressed intent.

Whether the "how" was substantive or just flat goofy really doesn't matter: they broke in to stop the working of the valid electoral process in a presidential election so that their guy would be kept in office.

Yeah, I guess if they stuck to the court system to do the same thing we'd call it a legal insurrection.

And how would someone with no legal authority to arrest, arrest the VP? C'mon, we've projected way too much on this. They interrupted a procedural ceremony because yes, they wanted their guy to stay in the position. Guess what, there are hundreds of thousands who still want that.
quash
ATL Bear said:

quash said:

ATL Bear said:

quash said:

fadskier said:

Yeah, I guess if they stuck to the court system to do the same thing we'd call it a legal insurrection.

And how would someone with no legal authority to arrest, arrest the VP? C'mon, we've projected way too much on this. They interrupted a procedural ceremony because yes, they wanted their guy to stay in the position. Guess what, there are hundreds of thousands who still want that.

Are you asking me to make sense of what nutjobs think?

I am still gobsmacked by the way you guys break your backs to bend over the obvious. This wasn't an attempt to interrupt a ceremony.
quash
BearFan33 said:

Sam Lowry said:

BearFan33 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

GrowlTowel said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Sit in a dark closet, put fingers in ears, close eyes and continue to repeat "There is no evidence". I have posted some several times on this site. You can choose to ignore it at your own peril. The threat to our republic is not from the "insurrection," it's from corrupt law enforcement agencies and media. Both of which have cast their lot with the Democratic Party.

Gee, if only that evidence had been presented in one of the dozens and dozens of court challenges...
BearFan33
quash said:

BearFan33 said:

Sam Lowry said:

BearFan33 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

GrowlTowel said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Gee, if only that evidence had been presented in one of the dozens and dozens of court challenges...

return to your closet. its safe there.
quash
BearFan33 said:

quash said:

BearFan33 said:

Sam Lowry said:

BearFan33 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

GrowlTowel said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

return to your closet. its safe there.

I'm fine out here in the real world, where evidence gets presented by one side and countered by the other. I won a trial last week where the only witness was for the other side.

You should try it.
ATL Bear
quash said:

ATL Bear said:

quash said:

ATL Bear said:

quash said:

fadskier said:

I am still gobsmacked by the way you guys break your backs to bend over the obvious. This wasn't an attempt to interrupt a ceremony.

I'm asking you to explain your fantastical projections on what never happened.
quash
ATL Bear said:

quash said:

ATL Bear said:

quash said:

ATL Bear said:

quash said:

fadskier said:

Troy Smocks sez Hi.
ATL Bear
quash said:

ATL Bear said:

quash said:

ATL Bear said:

quash said:

ATL Bear said:

quash said:

fadskier said:

Troy Smocks sez Hi.

Because of what he said after the riot? I'm lost.
quash
ATL Bear said:

quash said:

ATL Bear said:

quash said:

ATL Bear said:

quash said:

ATL Bear said:

quash said:

fadskier said:

Troy Smocks sez Hi.

He got convicted, and it wasn't for interrupting a ceremony..
Oldbear83
quash said:

ATL Bear said:

quash said:

ATL Bear said:

quash said:

ATL Bear said:

quash said:

ATL Bear said:

quash said:

fadskier said:

Troy Smocks sez Hi.

I don't think he was convicted of Insurrection, so hmmm.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
GrowlTowel
quash said:

BearFan33 said:

Sam Lowry said:

BearFan33 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

GrowlTowel said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

How many actually held evidentiary hearings?
Your ideas are intriguing to me, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
ATL Bear
quash said:

ATL Bear said:

quash said:

ATL Bear said:

quash said:

ATL Bear said:

quash said:

ATL Bear said:

quash said:

fadskier said:

Troy Smocks sez Hi.

Terror threats? Wacko gonna wacko.
Doc Holliday
Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

GrowlTowel said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

What I'm invested in is getting people to realize these actions by either party in relation to J6, BLM or whatever political flavor of the week, all boils down to maintaining the dichotomy which keeps the worst of both parties in power.

You're viewing the situation as MAGA vs. DC and you've chosen DC. I'm against both.
Mothra
Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

GrowlTowel said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

For me, and I think I can say for Doc having read his reasonable takes over the years, it's not an investment in propaganda. While I have a hard time calling Jan. 6th an insurrection, the irony is as much as we disagree on this board, I probably agree with 99% of what you believe about Trump. I think he is a pretty despicable human being and a narcissist. I don't buy his bull**** regarding the election being stolen. I think that's horse **** and agree with you his undermining the election did great damage to our democracy. The fact of the matter is 81 million couldn't stand the guy enough to vote for anyone other than him. And I will say that I have struggled with the idea of him running again, to the point of hoping for some type of incapacitation that will prevent him from running (I know that's terrible).

For posters such as myself and I believe Doc, we simply believe and understand that Trump was better than the alternative. And the alternative is proving that with each passing day. Therein lies the significant difference between us.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.