Drew a candidate for the UK job??

111,467 Views | 997 Replies | Last: 24 days ago by historian
Jacques Strap
How long do you want to ignore this user?
boognish_bear said:

So much misinformation out there…but FWIW.... from a UK beat writer about an hour ago

That struck me as Kentucky walking things back. Could be wrong of course just my first thought when I read that.
boognish_bear
whitetrash
boognish_bear said:

As a CBS analyst, perhaps he should have checked with the local CBS affiliate sports anchor before posting. But then again, finding his *ss with both hands has never been Seth's strong suit.
boognish_bear
TeamPlayer
whitetrash said:

boognish_bear said:

As a CBS analyst, perhaps he should have checked with the local CBS affiliate sports anchor before posting. But then again, finding his *ss with both hands has never been Seth's strong suit.
I think he's just having fun with it, same as Drew. It's for entertainment purposes only . . . no wagering please . . .
MashedPotatoes
I think he was joking.
Big_Pumpin
Unfortunately, most of the public is going to take chip gains Mom come back as if he slept with her. Of course we all know he was simply talking about their mom's being a fan of the show. He'll probably have to clarify those remarks some point.
IvanBear
Big_Pumpin said:

Unfortunately, most of the public is going to take chip gains Mom come back as if he slept with her. Of course we all know he was simply talking about their mom's being a fan of the show. He'll probably have to clarify those remarks some point.
Most of the public isn't that dumb! Can't speak for people on this board though.
Fre3dombear
whitetrash said:

boognish_bear said:

He comes by it genetically
IvanBear
So where do we stand now? Some sort of decision coming tomorrow despite the people in Drew's orbit strongly hinting he's not going anywhere?

Has he told Kentucky no and they don't have a clear target now?

It's confusing at this point.
STxBear81
In my opinion he has not informed either place what his intentions are. Ashley thinks we lead slightly. But he isn't positive sure either way. Tomorrow seems to be the day.
IvanBear
STxBear81 said:

In my opinion he has not informed either place what his intentions are. Ashley thinks we lead slightly. But he isn't positive sure either way. Tomorrow seems to be the day.
Yeah I heard that interview, it sounded like Ashley had little more than armchair speculation.
IowaBear
Safe to say the only one who truly knows is Scott. But if he leaves after todays post that would be a tad on the ****ty side
OkieBear12
UK fans seem to be all knowing so check whichever joeblow's twitter account if you want to see where things stand. It's amazing how many ways people have thrown things against the wall to see what sticks.

I'm not a media expert but do people do this to try to entice a reaction out of either camp?
Mitch Henessey
Big_Pumpin said:

It's an S-tier tweet. He knows that most people will take it as that, but he also knows that he's 100% right and this guy's mom absolutely knows who he is. It works on so many levels.

Chip's twitter game being so strong might be the biggest revelation to me out of this entire saga.
Johnny Bear
IowaBear said:

Safe to say the only one who truly knows is Scott. But if he leaves after todays post that would be a tad on the ****ty side

I would say more than a "tad".
boognish_bear
IowaBear
I was choosing my words carefully.
Wacoraisedbear
If drew leaves that will be the end of Baylor athletics as we know it
Johnny Bear
Wacoraisedbear said:

If drew leaves that will be the end of Baylor athletics as we know it

Seriously? I want him to stay as much as anybody, but worst case - if he leaves - we will get another coach, and Baylor athletics as well as life will go on.
EvilTroyAndAbed
OkieBear12 said:

UK fans seem to be all knowing so check whichever joeblow's twitter account if you want to see where things stand. It's amazing how many ways people have thrown things against the wall to see what sticks.

I'm not a media expert but do people do this to try to entice a reaction out of either camp?

There is a new thread on one of their sites that has been started recently naming the next tier of candidates, including Pearl, TJ, etc. So, they're just as confused as us I guess.
gobears20
Staff
Just her opinion but I feel the same

boognish_bear
At least MBG is balancing out the crazy

IvanBear
gobears20 said:

I mean If he does leave after this tweet, it goes down with like Petrino saying he's not leaving, Calipari denying he's leaving, level events lodged against the fanbase. Not sure how it wouldn't be viewed as a massive blow to his reputation.

He's not a twitter troll like Kiffin who could get away with this.
PartyBear
gobears20 said:

Agree. He wouldn't pull this stunt on Baylor folks in his final day or two of being our HC. If he would, he perhaps is not the as good a person as many have grown to believe, me included.

I think this tweet, and the UK BMD's private jet allegedly flying back from Waco without Drew et al with no announcement today seems to add up to Drew saying no. Note I say allegedly. I have no idea it is true the UK BMD guy even came in today to make the pitch.
gobears20
Staff
Yeah no kidding. The only thing that worries me is a lot can change in the next 24 hours. One thing is for sure if he turns Kentucky down I don't think we have to worry about other schools anymore.
Big12Fan2024
Meh. Everyone has short memories these days. Two weeks from now, no one will care what shirt he was wearing. They'll just remember what he did here overall.
STxBear81
I dont think the tweet means he is staying at all. but it makes me feel better, however it means nothing from drew
IvanBear
STxBear81 said:

I dont think the tweet means he is staying at all. but it makes me feel better, however it means nothing from drew
Logistically if you're really considering leaving you push back your lunch with boosters.
Robert Wilson
I'm entertained by how famous Eric Shero became today.
CarmelBear
Calipari had a .753 winning percentage at UK. He led them to a championship, two more final fours, 3 more elite eights and another sweet sixteen. And they wanted him gone for not advancing farther that the first weekend in the tourney since 2018-2019.

He had the number one recruiting class coming this year. Previous years (247):
2023: 1st
2022: 5th
2021: 2nd
2020: 1st
2019: 2nd
2018: 2nd
2017: 2nd
2016: 2nd
2015: 1st

Uh, I can see why Drew or any other successful coach might think twice about heading to Kentucky. I am very thankful Coach Drew is in Waco and hope that he says AS LONG AS HE WANTS. I hope the UK fans clamoring for Pearl (!) or Beard (!) are happy in a week or so.
Chamberman
CarmelBear said:

or Beard

Good luck!
boognish_bear
ABC BEAR
I commend CSD for daring to wear a white shirt while eating salsa. If he's leaving, he won't have to worry about washing it. If he's staying, get out the Spray N' Wash.
BBWCBear
BearlyNose said:

Have you been to the University of Kentucky? It's a campus two blocks from downtown Lexington. Rupp Arena is not even on campus, though close. The players practice in an arena on campus, but play their games in the downtwon arena. Lexington may be a pretty town, but it's also dying town…. their largest employer other than UK is Smuckers. Yes, there has been revitalization downtown, but it's still an OLD, OLD town with little of the growth than one sees in this part of the country. It's a state university, in a dying part of the country. The myth that was Kentucky, like the myth that is Louisville, is holding on to its past and hoping that no one notices the world, and most of college athletics, have passed them by.

You have seen Whacko… right????

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.