Drew a candidate for the UK job??

111,484 Views | 997 Replies | Last: 25 days ago by historian
Bear8084
How long do you want to ignore this user?
boognish_bear said:

I really hope Hurley also tells them no thanks

"After finding my prized racing horse's head in my bed this morning, I have decided to take the head coaching position at Kentucky."
PartyBear
Now it looks like Louisville folks are razzing the UK folks about Drew's family seeing Lexington and then saying Hell no.
Robert Wilson
Give credit to Arky. They really put Kentucky in a tough spot. Kentucky had to make a call on offering Calipari more to stay before they could execute a coaching search.

Generally, you wouldn't fire a coach like Calipari unless you had a slam dunk (Hurley) lined up. Kentucky wasn't afforded the luxury of handling it that way. Kentucky, discontent with Calipari, rolled the dice and lost. Quite a coup by the Hogs.
boognish_bear
jikespingleton
BluesBear said:

If Drew leaves, then all the best of luck. He would go down as the best Coach in Baylor History. Sorry Kim.
Since when is 3 < 1?
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
Big Blue got jokes

blackie
jikespingleton said:

BluesBear said:

If Drew leaves, then all the best of luck. He would go down as the best Coach in Baylor History. Sorry Kim.
Since when is 3 < 1?
When one is clearly dedicated to the school and the other is not.

CSD also started from a complete disaster and did his championship in a sport (MBB) where parity is and has been out the roof. WBB has never had that type of parity. Getting to just the second round of the men's NCAA has been harder than getting to the second weekend on the women's side, especially prior to 2021.
blackie
boognish_bear said:

Big Blue got jokes

Sounds like the Kentucky Aggies to me.
DallasBear9902
How early can we get the Drew kids enrolled in a Baylor graduate, PhD and post-Doc program? Can admissions just go ahead and do that when admissions receives the undergraduate application?
boognish_bear
Pat Neff needs to be lit green tonight
Calrocks94
Now time to get to work, got a couple of open seats on the
Coaching staff
In time to go shopping in the transfer portal
jdrs
Joy takes on a whole new meaning today!
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
PartyBear
Kentucky probably wouldnt do it at this point of their careers but they should seriously consider Tang or Wes Miller at Cincinnati. Those are who I thought we should be shooting for if we had the opening.
Harrison Bergeron
boognish_bear said:

Big Blue got jokes

Spot on.

Guys that succeeded at Kentucky (Calipari, Pitino) have a lot in common - the tough, loud, ******* personality. Guys that failed like Tubby Smith were well regarded as very nice, great men. Drew is clearly the latter. Hopefully wanted to stay at Baylor, but if he did not want to go to Kentucky he's wise - better to be coaching at Baylor in 10 years vs. coaching at UCF after a failed stint in Lexington.
boognish_bear
Sorry BYU… You guys are next

hodedofome
boognish_bear said:

So does this mean once his kids are out of high school, he will feel free to go wherever?
EvilTroyAndAbed
Harrison Bergeron said:

boognish_bear said:

Big Blue got jokes

Spot on.

Guys that succeeded at Kentucky (Calipari, Pitino) have a lot in common - the tough, loud, ******* personality. Guys that failed like Tubby Smith were well regarded as very nice, great men. Drew is clearly the latter. Hopefully wanted to stay at Baylor, but if he did not want to go to Kentucky he's wise - better to be coaching at Baylor in 10 years vs. coaching at UCF after a failed stint in Lexington.

Tubby failed? 76 percent winning percentage, 5 SEC championships, 5 SEC Tourney Championships, numerous 16's and 8's and a national championship.

This is why UK is having a tough time. That is seen as failing.
hodedofome
PartyBear said:

DP4LIFE said:

boognish_bear said:

A lot of people were ready to bury Mack over losing Drew.

So now....thanks Mack? Or are we giving this all to Mrs. Drew?
I hope Drew was able to milk more NIL money from the donors. Hard to build a top 10 roster these days if you're fighting an uphill battle due to inadequate NIL money.
Perhaps that is what the treaty of Mi Casita was about.

The Treaty of Mi Casita is now the official name of this event. Well done sir.
bear2be2
boognish_bear said:

Big Blue got jokes

Apparently a willingness to be stalked is a job requirement in Lexington. It's little wonder they can't get a coach to say yes.
IvanBear
bear2be2 said:

boognish_bear said:

Big Blue got jokes

Apparently a willingness to be stalked is a job requirement in Lexington. It's little wonder they can't get a coach to say yes.
Isn't this from an Arkansas troll account?
bear2be2
IvanBear said:

boognish_bear said:

So much misinformation out there…but FWIW.... from a UK beat writer about an hour ago

This guy is just tweeting random garbage at this point.
Actually, he was pretty much spot on throughout this process. He was the first to report a lot of things that turned out to be accurate. Clearly, he was one of few with good, well-connected sources.
bear2be2
IvanBear said:

bear2be2 said:

boognish_bear said:

Big Blue got jokes

Isn't this from an Arkansas troll account?
Maybe, but I was referring to the Matt Jones' tweet that it's quoting.
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
Jayballer
Hey my Baylor friends , just the Ol KU Jayhawk lifer that put my two cents in yesterday.- - Saying I didn't have a iron in the fire, but I thought you guys were going to be fine. - - See you were fine guys.

I said yesterday Scott has invested 22 years at your School, that means something these days, hard to find. Scott I think is a loyal as loyal can be to your university, you need to thump your chest and be proud of that.

As a life long KU fan - - a Big 12 fan - A Basketball junkie I myself am happy too , look forward to more Baylor/KU battles in the future. I think Drew represents Baylor 1st class all the way- -he represents your University top notch , good for you -I'm very sincere in these words you have a great Coach and glad he didn't leave for that cess pool.

I'll say this about Kentucky- -& their fan base. Kentucky fan base think they are the most entitled , arrogant golden spooned group I've ever known- -always have been. always will be. - - They think just because they have all this money and they are KENTUCKY that if they offer you the job - -you have to take it, because they said so. Well here is a news flash, they are about to get those golden spoons yanked right out of their mouths. Coach's are catching on to Kentucky , sure they can throw money BUT money can't buy happiness. Why make that money if your miserable where your at ? Not the only reason but a huge part why do they really think Calipari left. - he was due to make right at seven Mil next year at Kentucky - - -he left and took the Arkansas job for a lil over five Mill he came out and said him and his wife wasn't happy - -I wouldn't of been either

Pretty funny actually and the longer this drags out the worse it's gonna be, they have already lost seven players rather from current roster of incoming freshmen be it portal or de-commit. they think they can just run to the portal and get whoever they want, because again WERE KENTUCKY- - and ? -now what ? ll--these player s in the portal like they might have got before -- not so much , they came to Kentucky for the Coach - not for the School -- Coach is gone, not the same boat lmao

OK this ol Jay Hawker has bored you all long enough. just wanted to say Congrats to you the Baylor fans, The School and yet most of all Great job Scott- - wanted to say I know it's a great day in Waco, welp until we meet on the hardwood again take care guys & gals- - - -ROCK CHALK
boognish_bear
Jim Rome still has a show?

Married A Horn
Jayballer said:

Hey my Baylor friends , just the Ol KU Jayhawk lifer that put my two cents in yesterday.- - Saying I didn't have a iron in the fire, but I thought you guys were going to be fine. - - See you were fine guys.

I said yesterday Scott has invested 22 years at your School, that means something these days, hard to find. Scott I think is a loyal as loyal can be to your university, you need to thump your chest and be proud of that.

As a life long KU fan - - a Big 12 fan - A Basketball junkie I myself am happy too , look forward to more Baylor/KU battles in the future. I think Drew represents Baylor 1st class all the way- -he represents your University top notch , good for you -I'm very sincere in these words you have a great Coach and glad he didn't leave for that cess pool.

I'll say this about Kentucky- -& their fan base. Kentucky fan base think they are the most entitled , arrogant golden spooned group I've ever known- -always have been. always will be. - - They think just because they have all this money and they are KENTUCKY that if they offer you the job - -you have to take it, because they said so. Well here is a news flash, they are about to get those golden spoons yanked right out of their mouths. Coach's are catching on to Kentucky , sure they can throw money BUT money can't buy happiness. Why make that money if your miserable where your at ? Not the only reason but a huge part why do they really think Calipari left. - he was due to make right at seven Mil next year at Kentucky - - -he left and took the Arkansas job for a lil over five Mill he came out and said him and his wife wasn't happy - -I wouldn't of been either

Pretty funny actually and the longer this drags out the worse it's gonna be, they have already lost seven players rather from current roster of incoming freshmen be it portal or de-commit. they think they can just run to the portal and get whoever they want, because again WERE KENTUCKY- - and ? -now what ? ll--these player s in the portal like they might have got before -- not so much , they came to Kentucky for the Coach - not for the School -- Coach is gone, not the same boat lmao

OK this ol Jay Hawker has bored you all long enough. just wanted to say Congrats to you the Baylor fans, The School and yet most of all Great job Scott- - wanted to say I know it's a great day in Waco, welp until we meet on the hardwood again take care guys & gals- - - -ROCK CHALK

UT football:
Quote:

the most entitled, arrogant golden spooned group I've ever known
historian
boognish_bear said:

Even the city making a push

Does Louisville really have a Mexican restaurant? If so, do they have one with TexMex? It's quite different in California, NM, etc. is it any good? Doubtful. Very unlikely that any place will have Mexican food comparable to almost anywhere in Texas. I've actually tried it a few times out of state (& even in Europe), and it's not the same, not as good.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
historian
DR0941 said:

Really hope this doesn't give VJ second thoughts about going elsewhere

If anything, I would expect this to reassure VJ and strengthen his commitment.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.