Wines - what are you holding/buying

54,810 Views | 406 Replies | Last: 16 hrs ago by dmayfield
GoBearsGo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bularry said:

dmayfield said:

GoBearsGo said:

bularry said:

dmayfield said:

I'm a longtime Baylor fan but new to the Sicem365 world and stumbled upon this thread. I know it's been dormant for a couple of years, but if any of you wine folks find yourselves in town for a Baylor game, I'd love to meet up and open some bottles.

I've been cellaring wines for the past 8 or so years and have a lot of stuff I'd be happy to share. My wines skew more towards the esoteric and natural, but some good surprises in there.
based on your second post, I'm always down for some classic whites from the Loire valley, so let's get a bottle share on the books! I'm not as fully invested into the natural world, although I've had some I loved.

In April or May I'd be down for a meet up to drink a bottle or two if Houston is the spot.
I'm in Houston for work a couple of days a month usually. We could easily meet there if it works for everyone

We could meet up at AOC, order in food, be a good time. I'm flexible since I live here.

I've been wanting to go there. Trying to convince our mutual friend to split a locker with me. I'm down in April or May for the most part. Let's try and set it up.
dmayfield
GoBearsGo said:

bularry said:

dmayfield said:

GoBearsGo said:

bularry said:

dmayfield said:

I'm a longtime Baylor fan but new to the Sicem365 world and stumbled upon this thread. I know it's been dormant for a couple of years, but if any of you wine folks find yourselves in town for a Baylor game, I'd love to meet up and open some bottles.

I've been cellaring wines for the past 8 or so years and have a lot of stuff I'd be happy to share. My wines skew more towards the esoteric and natural, but some good surprises in there.
based on your second post, I'm always down for some classic whites from the Loire valley, so let's get a bottle share on the books! I'm not as fully invested into the natural world, although I've had some I loved.

In April or May I'd be down for a meet up to drink a bottle or two if Houston is the spot.
I'm in Houston for work a couple of days a month usually. We could easily meet there if it works for everyone

We could meet up at AOC, order in food, be a good time. I'm flexible since I live here.

I've been wanting to go there. Trying to convince our mutual friend to split a locker with me. I'm down in April or May for the most part. Let's try and set it up.
AOC would be great! I'll be in town April 18th as of right now but will likely have other trips on the books in the coming weeks.
GoBearsGo
dmayfield said:

GoBearsGo said:

bularry said:

dmayfield said:

GoBearsGo said:

bularry said:

dmayfield said:

AOC would be great! I'll be in town April 18th as of right now but will likely have other trips on the books in the coming weeks.

Any certain day? We talking afternoon? Lunch? I can try to block out a day.
dmayfield
GoBearsGo said:

dmayfield said:

GoBearsGo said:

bularry said:

dmayfield said:

GoBearsGo said:

bularry said:

dmayfield said:

I was thinking evening and dinner, but could probably arrange things to be free during the day if that is better for all
GoBearsGo
dmayfield said:

GoBearsGo said:

dmayfield said:

GoBearsGo said:

bularry said:

dmayfield said:

GoBearsGo said:

bularry said:

dmayfield said:

I was thinking evening and dinner, but could probably arrange things to be free during the day if that is better for all

I'm sure I can make something work. I can see clients either day of day or the day after.
bularry
I've got April 18th circled.... I'll provide the venue access and y'all provide wine and food! Seems fair
dmayfield
bularry said:

I've got April 18th circled.... I'll provide the venue access and y'all provide wine and food! Seems fair

works for me! I'll bring a bunch of wine down and we can order food in!
GoBearsGo
I'll bring a bottle or two. I brought back a nice 2010 Brunello from a recent trip to Italy. I'll also bring either a bottle of Eisele Cab or Kapscandy. Let me know if you have a preference.
GoBearsGo
I have myself booked and ready to go.
bularry
GoBearsGo said:

I have myself booked and ready to go.
bring that Brunello and let's do it!
GoBearsGo
While there I'm hoping to check out getting a locker. We are overflowing with wine and I'd love to add some nice bottles to age. Have a buddy who wants to split it.
bularry
GoBearsGo said:

While there I'm hoping to check out getting a locker. We are overflowing with wine and I'd love to add some nice bottles to age. Have a buddy who wants to split it.
have you reached out to anyone? I can do the intro and likely someone will be there when we are, but be good to see what is available and pricing. Let me know if you want a specific email to someone up there.

I think you have my personal email, so fire away and I can send you contacts.
GoBearsGo
bularry said:

GoBearsGo said:

have you reached out to anyone? I can do the intro and likely someone will be there when we are, but be good to see what is available and pricing. Let me know if you want a specific email to someone up there.

They said it's a waitlist. I think a medium locker would work. I had Liz Palmer respond to my email. She said she would put me on the waitlist.
dmayfield
GoBearsGo said:

bularry said:

GoBearsGo said:

They said it's a waitlist. I think a medium locker would work. I had Liz Palmer respond to my email. She said she would put me on the waitlist.
They're in the process of expanding the number of lockers so I'd imagine they'll be able to find a spot for you before too long!
bularry
GoBearsGo said:

bularry said:

GoBearsGo said:

LIz is the chief, so you got the right person responding! Something will likely open up in the next couple of months and as said by dmayfield, they are expanding at some point in the future to provide more storage space.
GoBearsGo
bularry said:

GoBearsGo said:

bularry said:

GoBearsGo said:

LIz is the chief, so you got the right person responding! Something will likely open up in the next couple of months and as said by dmayfield, they are expanding at some point in the future to provide more storage space.

If not AOC, any other places you'd recommend?
BlueDan
And is anyone here involved in making their own wine? I currently put up from apples, every year a bottle of about 50 litres is available for guests. Do you have any tried and tested recipes or what do you mostly make wine from?
bularry
GoBearsGo said:

bularry said:

GoBearsGo said:

bularry said:

GoBearsGo said:

If not AOC, any other places you'd recommend?
I'm team AOC all the way, just because of the staff.

but, cdv713 is a place that I think some former AOC members started, they seem to have lots of good events, etc. Not sure on costs or anything.
bularry
BlueDan said:

And is anyone here involved in making their own wine? I currently put up from apples, every year a bottle of about 50 litres is available for guests. Do you have any tried and tested recipes or what do you mostly make wine from?
I'm not smart enough and don't have the patience to do it myself.
GoBearsGo
We still on for April 18?
bularry
GoBearsGo said:

I am...
dmayfield
bularry said:

GoBearsGo said:

I am...

I'll be there!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.