Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,090,332 Views | 29569 Replies | Last: 11 hrs ago by Assassin
Assassin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The Cowboys will be awarded the maximum of four comp picks (per OverTheCap.com) for the losses of
In addition to the four comp picks, the Cowboys still have six regular picks in the draft (they traded away their 2018 5th-rounder to the Jets for a 2017 6th-round pick, which they used on Xavier Woods).
That currently gives the Cowboys 10 picks in the 2018 draft as follows
  • 1st rd: 1
  • 2nd rd: 1
  • 3rd rd: 1
  • 4th rd: 3 (of which two are comp picks)
  • 5th rd: 2 (both comp picks)
  • 6th rd: 1
  • 7th rd: 1
On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Gust Avrakotos
Assassin said:

Dallas only dropped three spots, from 16 to 19 with the win

Below, you'll find the draft order as it stands now.
Note: The official order of picks 21-32 will be determined by playoff results. For now, the teams are listed in order of regular-season record.
[ol]
  • Cleveland Browns
  • New York Giants
  • Indianapolis Colts
  • Cleveland Browns (from Houston Texans)
  • Denver Broncos
  • New York Jets
  • Tampa Bay Buccaneers
  • Chicago Bears
  • San Francisco 49ers*
  • Oakland Raiders*
  • Miami Dolphins
  • Cincinnati Bengals
  • Washington*
  • Green Bay Packers*
  • Arizona Cardinals
  • Baltimore Ravens
  • Los Angeles Chargers
  • Seattle Seahawks
  • Dallas Cowboys
  • Detroit Lions
  • Tennessee Titans
  • Buffalo Bills
  • Atlanta Falcons
  • Carolina Panthers
  • Jacksonville Jaguars
  • Buffalo Bills (from Kansas City Chiefs)
  • Los Angeles Rams
  • New Orleans Saints
  • Pittsburgh Steelers
  • Minnesota Vikings
  • Philadelphia Eagles
  • New England Patriots
  • [/ol]Here are a few more things to know about the draft order as it stands now:
    • Picks No. 9 and 10 will be determined by a coin flip.
    • Picks No. 13 and 14 will be determined by a coin flip.
    • Four of the first five picks will be made by AFC teams.
    • Every division has at least one team picking in the top 10. The AFC West is the only division that has two (Broncos, Raiders).
    • Three teams picking in the top 10 are already looking for new coaches (Giants, Colts, Raiders). This number will presumably be going up soon.
    • Four of the five teams picking in the top six have quarterback situations that could charitably be described as "unsettled" (Browns, Giants, Broncos, Jets).
    • The Bills will have two picks in the 21-32 range, thanks to their playoff berth and last year's draft-day trade with the Chiefs that netted Patrick Mahomes for Kansas City.
    • The 49ers won five straight games to end the season, lifting themselves out of the top five in the process.

There's a big difference between 16 and 19....especially when you are trying to trade up into the top half of the first round.

Let's just hope that McClay is back in control of the draft after Taco bust.
    Assassin
    my latest mock. Got the speed kid Kirk from Ags - runs a 4.4, the Witten replacement, a really big LB at 6'5, 235 LB that can play inside or outside, the best C in the SEC (out for most of the year after minor ankle surgery or he would be higher) - important as we dont really have a good backup at C and Ragnow can play OG for now, the CB from Okie Thomas, a decent rotational DL prospect Pagano and the second best Kicker, Badgley, Miamis all time leading scorer

17: R1P17
    WR CHRISTIAN KIRK
    TEXAS AM

49: R2P17
    TE MARK ANDREWS
    OKLAHOMA

81: R3P17
    LB TREMAINE EDMUNDS
    VIRGINIA TECH

119: R4P17
    C FRANK RAGNOW
    ARKANSAS

136: R4P34
    CB JORDAN THOMAS
    OKLAHOMA

139: R4P37
    LB UCHENNA NWOSU
    SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA

174: R5P35
    CB IMAN MARSHALL
    SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA

176: R5P37
    DL SCOTT PAGANO
    OREGON

195: R6P17
    RB KALEN BALLAGE
    ARIZONA STATE

236: R7P17
    K MICHAEL BADGLEY
    MIAMI (FL)
    Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
    Gust Avrakotos
    Christian Kirk would be awesome.
    BearForce
    BaylorProud77 said:

You just had to come back lol I'm going to pm you That sounds so wierd

I would put him on ignore...
    Assassin
    Gust Avrakotos said:

Looks to be the fastest prospect coming out.
    BearForce
    Gust Avrakotos said:

Small
    Assassin
    BearForce said:

Gust Avrakotos said:

Small
    5'11, 201 running a 4.4, hand catcher and extremely elusive in space. Some scouts call him "Baby Beckham"

Works for me
    BearForce

17: R1P17
    DL VITA VEA
    WASHINGTON

49: R2P17
    WR CALVIN RIDLEY
    ALABAMA

81: R3P17
    TE MARK ANDREWS
    OKLAHOMA

119: R4P17
    CB ISAIAH OLIVER
    COLORADO

136: R4P34
    EDGE DUKE EJIOFOR
    WAKE FOREST

139: R4P37
    RB MYLES GASKIN
    WASHINGTON
    174: R5P35
    LB SKAI MOORE
    SOUTH CAROLINA

176: R5P37
    LB JOSH ALLEN
    KENTUCKY

195: R6P17
    S VAN SMITH
    CLEMSON

236: R7P17
    G BRENDAN MAHON
    PENN STATE
    Assassin
    I could live (easily) with Vea at 1. I dont think Ridley or Andrews will be there at our 2 or 3 - so that would be a nice haul
    Gust Avrakotos
    Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Gust Avrakotos said:

Small
    5'11, 201 running a 4.4, hand catcher and extremely elusive in space. Some scouts call him "Baby Beckham"

Works for me
    All the dude does is make plays.
    Assassin
    Cowboys signed WR KD Cannon, DB Marquez White, WR Brian Brown, S Jameill Showers, DT Joe Vellano, OT Jarron James and RB Trey Williams to reserve/future contracts.

Source: Todd Archer on Twitter
    Jan 1 - 3:02 PM
    Assassin
    Assassin said:

Cowboys signed WR KD Cannon, DB Marquez White, WR Brian Brown, S Jameill Showers, DT Joe Vellano, OT Jarron James and RB Trey Williams to reserve/future contracts.

Source: Todd Archer on Twitter
    Jan 1 - 3:02 PM
    If KD will go live with Dak or one of the other "good guys" that have their heads on straight... he has all the talent in the world.

Also - White has some talent. I could see him on the backend of the CB rotation.

Showers may go down in Dallas history with more practice squad years than anyone else
    Assassin
    Jason Witten said he will continue his career in 2018. "I love playing this game too much," Witten said, "and I know I can play at a high level." Set to turn 36 in May, Witten caught 63 passes for 560 yards (8.9 YPR) and five touchdowns in 2017. While the Cowboys could use more of a playmaking element at the position, Witten is about as reliable a safety blanket as Dak Prescott could ask for.

Source: Kate Hairopoulos on Twitter
    Jan 1 - 12:48 PM
    Assassin
    Back in Sept, we traded with Green Bay for Jayrone Elliott, the LB. got him Sept 3rd, he was active one game against the Giants, no tackles. waived on Sept 19th.

did that negate the return on the trade?
    BaylorProud77
    You are not watching the OU game???? Well very view of us are. Lol
    Assassin
    BaylorProud77 said:

You are not watching the OU game???? Well very view of us are. Lol
    Yep, watching it with my left eye, reading the internet with my right eye, rubbing "Liza" (cat) with my left hand and typing with my right.

Been training my nose to type so I can scratch "Missy" (the other cat) with the right. Just cant get past typing two letters at a time...dang broken nose
    BaylorProud77
    Lol. I can see you trying to do that.
    Bearprof
    Cowboys should draft Ballage and convert him to an OLB. Incredible physical talent who would be a game changer on D.
    Assassin
    Bearprof said:

Cowboys should draft Ballage and convert him to an OLB. Incredible physical talent who would be a game changer on D.
    the Az State RB?
    Assassin
    hmmm

Assassin
    Assassin
    With Season Officially Over, Players Pack Up For Offseason; List of 16 Free Agents
    Monday, January 01, 2018 2:34 PM CST

By Nick Eatman
    DallasCowboys.com Staff Writer
    @nickeatman

FRISCO, Texas For 12 teams, the new season has arrived with the hope of advancing to the ultimate goal.
    For 20 others, the new year signals the start of an offseason. The Cowboys, of course, find themselves in the latter group after a 9-7 finish put them just on the outside of the NFC playoff picture.

That meant the team was back at The Star on Monday, but not to prepare for the next opponent, instead to take exit physicals, meet with the coaches and other staff members and even talk to the media for the final time this year.

Wide receiver Terrance Williams was quite reflective, saying the team as a whole didn't complete the journey, despite being close to the goal.

"This game is just a play away. You remember the plays that you didn't make more than the ones that you did," Williams said. "When you don't go to the playoffs from a 9-7 record, you really remember the plays that you didn't make. We just didn't get the job done, and that's something that we've got to live with."

Williams added that the near-miss should be rather motivating for the Cowboys moving forward in 2018.

"When you don't go to the playoffs, you remember all the bad stuff," he said. "It's like a bad nightmare, and it's one of those things that's going to keep driving you and driving you. The days that you get tired, you think about days like this."

Williams, who signed a four-year deal with the Cowboys last year in free agency, is expected to return next year. But that's certainly not the case for everyone, especially some of the pending free agents.

Linebacker Anthony Hitchens, who was one of the team's best defensive players this year, is an unrestricted free agent and knows the "business-side" of things could be the reason he isn't with the team next year.

"Yes, definitely, it is a business. I knew that getting into it," Hitchens said. "You never know it is a business until it hits you on the business side. It is something that is out of my control and out of Dallas' control. Hopefully I'm back here. This is home for me, and we go from there."

Hitchens is one 13 unrestricted free agents, but just one of three regular starters, along with Jonathan Cooper and DeMarcus Lawrence, who led the team with 14.5 sacks and could be headed towards the franchise tag if a deal is not reached in the next two months.

Defensive tackle David Irving, who missed the last four games with a concussion, said he still experienced minor headaches but is improving. He is a restricted free agent, making it rather unlikely he doesn't return in 2018.

Here's a list of the entire 16 free agents for the Cowboys this offseason:

Unrestricted
    QB Kellen Moore
    RB Alfred Morris
    WR Brice Butler
    OT Byron Bell
    G Jonathan Cooper
    G/C Joe Looney
    DE DeMarcus Lawrence
    DL Stephen Paea
    LB Justin Durant
    LB Anthony Hitchens
    LB Kyle Wilber
    CB Bene Benwikere
    LS L.P. Ladouceur

Restricted
    FB Keith Smith
    DL David Irving

Exclusive Rights
    DL Brian Price

GoldMind
    Assassin said:

This needs more stars
    Winning by cheating is just as impressive as winning fairly, probably even more so. Your opponent was better than you in every way, and you beat them with your brain.
    BaylorProud77
    I just don't know what y'all see in these girls. Lol
    Assassin
    BaylorProud77 said:

me neither!

GoldMind
    Assassin said:

BaylorProud77 said:

me neither!

That one in particular desperately needs to eat a lil bit more and hit the squat rack twice a week.

Still a 8.
    Winning by cheating is just as impressive as winning fairly, probably even more so. Your opponent was better than you in every way, and you beat them with your brain.
    BaylorProud77
    Oh yes I noticed that right away. Lol
    GoldMind
    BaylorProud77 said:

Oh yes I noticed that right away. Lol

Assassin
    GoldMind said:

Assassin said:

BaylorProud77 said:

me neither!

That one in particular desperately needs to eat a lil bit more and hit the squat rack twice a week.

Still a 8.
    but
    Assassin
    thought he'd do a little better in the NFL than he has;

Seahawks signed QB Trevone Boykin, OT Isaiah Battle, OG Willie Beavers, DB Alex Carter, WR Cyril Grayson and DE Noble Nwachukwu to reserve/future contracts.

Boykin spent the year on the practice squad after losing No. 2 duties to Austin Davis. The ex-TCU quarterback will turn 25 in August. He will be in the mix again this offseason, but is unlikely to earn back the No. 2 job he had in 2016.
    GoldMind
    Assassin said:

Seahawks signed QB Trevone Boykin, OT Isaiah Battle, OG Willie Beavers, DB Alex Carter, WR Cyril Grayson and DE Noble Nwachukwu to reserve/future contracts.

Boykin spent the year on the practice squad after losing No. 2 duties to Austin Davis. The ex-TCU quarterback will turn 25 in August. He will be in the mix again this offseason, but is unlikely to earn back the No. 2 job he had in 2016.

I'm surprised you thought he would do anything without Josh Doctson.
    Assassin
    GoldMind said:

Assassin said:

I'm surprised you thought he would do anything without Josh Doctson.
    And Doctson cant stay upright
    Assassin
    Jason Garrett said tight ends coach Steve Loney has indicated he plans to retire.
    Assassin
    Everson Walls, T.O. Among 15 Modern-Era Finalists For Hall of Fame

(Jan. 2; 8:30 p.m.) Two of the 15 modern-era finalists for the 2018 Pro Football Hall of Fame class have Cowboys ties: Terrell Owens and first-time finalist Everson Walls, now in his 20th year of eligibility.

Walls, a four-time Pro Bowl defensive back with the Cowboys from 1981-89, is only the second player in NFL history to lead the league in interceptions during three different seasons. He's one of five first-time finalists, joining first-year eligible nominees Steve Hutchinson, Ray Lewis, Randy Moss and Brian Urlacher.

Owens, a finalist last year, played for Dallas from 2006-08 during a 15-year career that also included stops in San Francisco, Philadelphia, Buffalo and Cincinnati. He produced three straight 1,000-yard seasons and 38 touchdowns with the Cowboys.

Selected from 27 semifinalists, the 15 modern-era finalists join Senior Finalists Robert Brazile and Jerry Kramer and Contributor Finalist Bobby Beathard.

The Pro Football Hall of Fame's Selection Committee will determine the Class of 2018 on Feb. 3, the day before Super Bowl LII in Minneapolis.
    First Page Last Page
    Page 122 of 845

subscribe Verify your student status
    See Subscription Benefits
    Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.