Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,094,275 Views | 29791 Replies | Last: 25 sec ago by BearForce
Assassin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
BearForce
Thursday's preseason game is now cancelled to allow the Texans to go home and assess where their players and staff stand in terms of their personal circumstances.
Assassin
BearForce said:

Thursday's preseason game is now cancelled to allow the Texans to go home and assess where their players and staff stand in terms of their personal circumstances.
Wow!

Didnt see that coming. I really feel bad for all the kids that arent gonna get that last chance to show their talents to the Cowboys, of if they were bubble - to other teams

Kids have made 53 roster based on only that last game before
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Franko
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Wow!

Didnt see that coming. I really feel bad for all the kids that arent gonna get that last chance to show their talents to the Cowboys, of if they were bubble - to other teams

Yeah, but this year they had 4 games to prove themselves. If they didn't by now, they only have themselves to blame.
2021-2023 Adopt-A-Bear
Anthony Anywanwu
cumulative stats:
2022 (Redshirt Sophomore)
Named second-team Academic All-Big 12 … Played in nine games off the bench, totaling seven tackles, including 1.5 for a loss … Went for three tackles, including a tackle for a loss in the win over Texas State … Had a stop at Iowa State … Had three tackles, including half a tackle for a loss, at West Virginia.
Assassin
Franko said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Wow!

Yeah, but this year they had 4 games to prove themselves. If they didn't by now, they only have themselves to blame.
True, they were just counting on that last look, as were the coaches I'm sure. Traditionally NFL teams used the last game to display bubble players, occasionally to showcase them for trades.

BearForce
Franko said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Wow!

True, if anything it's the Texans players that get shortchanged in this regard with only 3 games to evaluate.
Assassin
Ian RapoportVerified account @RapSheet

The #Cowboys are adding more depth at RB, signing Brandon Brown-Dukes, source said. Previously, from the #Steelers.
====
Since there isnt another preseason game, is this guy on the 53?

Kinda strange - not a position I would be looking at
Assassin
Who is Brandon Brown-Dukes and where is Mercyhurst?
Assassin
Cowboys MLB Anthony Hitchens (knee) escaped with no ligament damage and will be be sidelined eight weeks.

Hitchens needed further tests to check the status of his knee, but he's been diagnosed with a tibial plateau fracture and is a candidate to open the season on I.R., which would cost him at least six weeks. Jaylon Smith has been working as the first-team middle linebacker with Hitchens sidelined.
Assassin
We can offer him a potential starting position. A minimum of lots of playing time. Not sure how much we want to spend.
==========
Ian RapoportVerified account @RapSheet 2h2 hours ago

#Steelers get the first & potentially only visit from FA Joe Haden. They can make sure he never leaves (except to get his things from CLE).
Assassin
Assassin
No way in hell we were going to pay Haden this kind of money. Would guess about $3-4m would be our ceiling, maybe a pinch more
============
Steelers signed CB Joe Haden to a three-year, $27 million contract. Haden was strongly connected to Pittsburgh after his release from Cleveland. The deal includes $7M guaranteed this year and a $9M AAV, so the Steelers clearly think he still has some good years left. Injuries derailed Haden's career the last two seasons but he adds a veteran playmaker to Pittsburgh's secondary. Haden will get in practice time ahead of Week 1, though it may be a stretch for him to start the year in an every-down role.
Assassin
ESPN Dallas doesn't expect the Cowboys to place MLB Anthony Hitchens (knee) on injured reserve.

Hitchens has an eight-week timetable after his scope. He would miss at least eight games if he goes on IR, but the Cowboys think he'll return before that. With Hitchens sidelined, Dallas plans to take an accelerated approach with Jaylon Smith.
===
this news comes right after that scope. Guess they saw it wasnt as bad as initially thought.
Assassin
Ezekiel Elliott, Dak Prescott named co-offensive MVPs for 2016 season at Cowboys kickoff luncheon.

Sean Lee named the Cowboys 2016 defensive MVP.
Assassin
Franko said:

Check out the rest of her Twitter feed as well. Interesting stuff.
At Ezekiel Elliott's appeal hearing Tuesday, witnesses testifying included Elliott himself, as well as NFL Director of Investigations Kia Wright Roberts and the NFLPA's own forensics expert. Hearing was originally scheduled for two days but has been extended into Thursday after the NFL agreed to make available by phone a witness they initially denied to make available at the union's request.

(maybe the person on the PDF?)
Franko
They previously denied the NFLPA the right to cross examine Tiffany Thompson. I wonder if it's her. If so, it is going well for Zeke
2021-2023 Adopt-A-Bear
Anthony Anywanwu
cumulative stats:
Named second-team Academic All-Big 12 … Played in nine games off the bench, totaling seven tackles, including 1.5 for a loss … Went for three tackles, including a tackle for a loss in the win over Texas State … Had a stop at Iowa State … Had three tackles, including half a tackle for a loss, at West Virginia.
BaylorProud77
Assassin said:

need to get Rico back Assassin what does that A beside your name stand for?
Franko
BaylorProud77 said:

Assassin said:

I don't know about his, but my A stands for *******
2021-2023 Adopt-A-Bear
Anthony Anywanwu
cumulative stats:
Assassin
Franko said:

They previously denied the NFLPA the right to cross examine Tiffany Thompson. I wonder if it's her. If so, it is going well for Zeke
It was at 'the union's request' so I would assume it was pro-Zeke
BaylorProud77
Franko said:

BaylorProud77 said:

Assassin said:

Not the answer I was looking for but expected someone would say this, lololol You beat Bearforce, I was sure that he was about to tell me this
Assassin
BaylorProud77 said:

Assassin said:

My A also stands for *******
BearForce
BaylorProud77 said:

Assassin said:

I believe it stands for amateur based upon his number of posts just like you have a "V" next to yours indicating veteran.
Assassin
BearForce said:

BaylorProud77 said:

Assassin said:

I believe it stands for amateur based upon his number of posts just like you have a "V" next to yours indicating veteran.
Guessing that is correct.
BaylorProud77
Assassin said:

BaylorProud77 said:

Assassin said:

My A also stands for *******
lollol I don't know why I asked. lol
BaylorProud77
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

BaylorProud77 said:

Assassin said:

Guessing that is correct.
ok thank you.
BearForce
BaylorProud77 said:

Franko said:

BaylorProud77 said:

Assassin said:

Not the answer I was looking for but expected someone would say this, lololol You beat Bearforce, I was sure that he was about to tell me this

Nope, not this time.....but soon...
Assassin
This warms my heart. Good kid. Loves his mom, his family and his country. RIP to his mom

Not only are we blessed to have drafted him, but blessed he reps our team.
trumpetbear
https://sicem365.com/help/faq

R Rookie: 0-29 posts
P Pro: 30-99 posts
V Veteran: 100-999 posts
A All Star: 1,000-3,999 posts
H Hall of Famer: 4,000-7,999 posts
L SicEm365 Legend: 8,000+ posts
Assassin
trumpetbear said:

https://sicem365.com/help/faq

R Rookie: 0-29 posts
P Pro: 30-99 posts
V Veteran: 100-999 posts
A All Star: 1,000-3,999 posts
H Hall of Famer: 4,000-7,999 posts
L SicEm365 Legend: 8,000+ posts
thanks
Assassin
ESPN's Adam Schefter believes there is a "real chance" Ezekiel Elliott's suspension is reduced on appeal.

The appeal hearing will continue today. Schefter does not seem to think the ban will be overturned entirely, but he does think Zeke could have "some games knocked off." That number could determine if Elliott is willing to take this battle to court.
=======
If I were Zeke and we have seen all the evidence, I would take the NFL to court anyway unless they drop the suspension entirely, retract their statement about Zeke and DV and his NFL future - and apologize for slandering him.

Assassin
Startlegram...

Cowboys EVP Stephen Jones said the team is still hoping to reach an extension with RG Zack Martin before Week 1. "Hopefully making some progress, but those things you can't really comment on them until they're either done or not done," Jones said. "So obviously the goal for both sides is to be done with everything by the [beginning] of the season." Dallas is cutting it closer with Martin than they did with LT Tyron Smith or C Travis Frederick, but something should get done. If it doesn't, Dallas still has Martin under contract for two more seasons.
Assassin
In Place Of Game, Cowboys To Hold Live Telethon To Benefit Storm Victims
Wednesday, August 30, 2017 7:18 PM CDT
By DallasCowboys.com Report

FRISCO, Texas -- On Thursday, Aug. 31st, the Dallas Cowboys will conduct a practice at AT&T Stadium that will feature Cowboys players participating in a live telethon accompanying the team's workout. During the practice, fans are encouraged to call in and speak directly to current members of the Cowboys team who will be accepting donation pledges. Dallas Cowboys alumni will also be manning the phones.
Funds raised from the telethon will be dedicated to The Salvation Army for the purpose of supporting the ongoing relief efforts to assist those affected by Hurricane Harvey.
The telethon and the practice will be televised live locally on CBS 11 and in over 20 other markets throughout the southwest. The broadcast of the telethon will also be streamed live on Facebook (Dallas Cowboys) and Periscope (@dallascowboys). Dallas Cowboys players, former players, coaches, front office personnel and ownership will participate in interviews during the broadcast.

When: Thurs., Aug. 31, practice and telethon to run from 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
The practice and telethon will be shown live on CBS 11 and throughout DFW and in over 20 other markets throughout the southwest. The broadcast of the telethon will also be streamed live on Facebook (Dallas Cowboys) and Periscope (@dallascowboys).
Where: AT&T Stadium, Arlington, Texas
Who: Dallas Cowboys players, former players, coaches, front office personnel and ownership, as well as Majors Jon and Barbra Rich of The Salvation Army
Giving: Those wishing to call the telethon and speak to Cowboys players to make a donation will be asked to call 844-790-5687. This number will only be active to accept donations between 6:00 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. (central time)
Donations are also welcome any time at cowboys.helpsalvationarmy.org
Assassin
We know Dak will be the QB1. Guessing that Dallas will either make Rush QB2 or get a vet off the post53 cut wire. I suspect there is gonna be some talent there. Would prefer they get a vet as Rush is unproven against starters. Not sure if they Cowboys have seen enough of Rush - or seen too much of Moore. Give Rush more time to bring along.

With that said, Dak came into the fray with no reps. No time with the starters per se. It can be done. Could lightning strike twice?

Moore is a decent QB for the QB3 - if we keep 3. Big If with out LB/CB situation. But I might want to bring in a youngster. Moore could go PS, but then again I would want a developmental.

Not sure were McKown fits into the picture so I would assume he is on the chopping block
Assassin
The Dallas Morning News reports the Cowboys expect Ezekiel Elliott to be available for Week 1 if his appeal has not been decided by 4PM ET on Tuesday.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reported earlier Thursday that arbiter Harold Henderson is under pressure to reach a decision by Monday. There's a scenario where Elliott plays Week 1 but then his ban takes effect in Week 2.
Assassin
This is getting juicier and juicier....

Marcus MosherVerified account @Marcus_Mosher

Lead NFL investigator Kia Roberts recommended no suspension for #Cowboys RB Ezekiel Elliott

http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/nfl/dallas-cowboys/article170603722.html
First Page Last Page
Page 15 of 852

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.