Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,077,472 Views | 29546 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by Assassin
Wichitabear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ok GoldMind ok. I believe you lololol
BearForce
Time is running out for Rico

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2018/7/29/17625144/dallas-cowboys-2018-training-camp-is-it-time-to-wave-the-white-flag-on-the-rico-gathers-experiment
Assassin
Cowboys WR Cedrick Wilson suffered a torn labrum in his shoulder at practice Sunday.
Dallas' sixth-rounder is undergoing more tests to determine whether or not surgery is needed. Although Wilson didn't figure prominently into the team's offensive plans, he's still considered viable depth for a team missing their top-two pass-catchers from last season. The Cowboys still have Deonte Thompson, Noah Brown, KD Cannon, and Lance Lenoir lobbying for reps as the No. 4 receiver.
Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
Jul 29 - 4:53 PM
Assassin
Wichitabear said:

I guess I missed that. Lololol yep I really didn't read that just the link comments. Now I have read it. I agree Stephen Jones didn't make things any easier. Just a shame
I suspect there was a lot of behind the scenes stuff going on with Dez that we werent privy too. They tried to present a united front but it didnt really work out. I kind of think they were tired of covering for him in public too. All the sideline issues and so forth.

Plus, he simply wasnt the same player. Certainly not worth that ginormous contract
Assassin
Broadus:

Quote:

• Maybe we need to give Tavon Austin more credit for his receiving ability. Austin, working against Chidobe Awuzie, completely lost his balance, falling to the ground. Dak Prescott made the decision to throw the ball in his direction regardless. Austin, tracking the ball, popped up off the ground but was falling backwards. Just at the last moment, he managed to reach up and somehow get both hands on the ball for the reception. It was an incredible play that left Awuzie shaking his head in disbelief.

Assassin
Broadus:

Quote:

• Terrance Williams returned to practice and it didn't appear that, by watching him work, there were any issues with his foot. Williams showed a burst when he tracked a deep ball down the field, with full extension to almost make an incredible circus reception. Williams later was the furthest player from the ball and sprinted across the field in order to put himself in position to throw a block for Tavon Austin on the reverse. Both times, Williams was in full sprint.

Brian Ethridge
Staff
Former Bear Terry Gray Interview
GoldMind
Brian Ethridge said:

Former Bear Terry Gray Interview

God bless you sir
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Here is another we're trying to get on the thread for a one stop shop for everyone:

https://art19.com/shows/the-doomsday-podcast/episodes/a253b3ee-cd5d-42fa-bb91-bb7c9c3e0fd9
Assassin
thanks Brian
Wichitabear
Great! Thank you
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Assassin said:

thanks Brian
Mosley and I talked Saturday and we should be posting his podcasts with Matt and Ed going forward. I've asked both to do a Q&A on this thread, which we'll let everyone know about beforehand.

I'm pretty sure I can get Terry on here as well, but he obviously can't give up certain things.
Franko
2021-2023 Adopt-A-Bear
Anthony Anywanwu
cumulative stats:
2022 (Redshirt Sophomore)
Named second-team Academic All-Big 12 … Played in nine games off the bench, totaling seven tackles, including 1.5 for a loss … Went for three tackles, including a tackle for a loss in the win over Texas State … Had a stop at Iowa State … Had three tackles, including half a tackle for a loss, at West Virginia.
Assassin
The Cowboys are working out WR Ricky Jeune, who spent time with the Los Angeles Rams. With Cedrick Wilson out with shoulder injury, Cowboys want numbers at the position.
BearForce
What isnt good news for BU fans is I have heard nothing about KD Cannon yet...how about you?
robby44
BearForce said:

What isnt good news for BU fans is I have heard nothing about KD Cannon yet...how about you?

Mt Pleasant's KD Cannon makes impression at Cowboys Camp

http://www.azfamily.com/story/38746483/mt-pleasants-kd-cannon-makes-impression-at-cowboys-camp
Assassin
robby44 said:

BearForce said:

Mt Pleasant's KD Cannon makes impression at Cowboys Camp

http://www.azfamily.com/story/38746483/mt-pleasants-kd-cannon-makes-impression-at-cowboys-camp
he has a shot with Wilson getting hurt. At least for reps to prove himself
Assassin
Big CFL news: Johnny Manziel will be the starting QB this Friday for the @MTLAlouettes against the @Ticats.

zzzzzzzzzz............
Assassin
With Allen Hurns, Michael Gallup, Cole Beasley and Terrance Williams pretty much locked in, the road for KD is tough. Boys have never carried more than 6 WRs and sometimes went with 5. Spot 5 and maybe 6 will come down to Wilson. Deonte Thompson, Noah Brown, Lance Lenoir and K.D.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Assassin said:

With Allen Hurns, Michael Gallup, Cole Beasley and Terrance Williams pretty much locked in, the road for KD is tough. Boys have never carried more than 6 WRs and sometimes went with 5. Spot 5 and maybe 6 will come down to Wilson. Deonte Thompson, Noah Brown, Lance Lenoir and K.D.
If you listened to the interview with Terry he talks about KD likely being the fastest Cowboy WR, but he needs to be a complete WR.
Assassin
The Cowboys just announced the dates and times for their Frisco training camp practices at The Star:

- Aug. 20 @ 5:30pm (CT)
- Aug. 21 @ 5:30pm
- Aug. 23 @ 11am
- Aug. 24 @ 11am
- Aug. 28 @ 11am
Assassin
Assassin
Brian Ethridge said:

Assassin said:

If you listened to the interview with Terry he talks about KD likely being the fastest Cowboy WR, but he needs to be a complete WR.
Downtown Freddie Brown routes...
Wichitabear
Whoa lolol
Wichitabear
Omg. That is precious! That little Downs boy is adorable. Zek just made his day and mine. Thank you Assassin for posting this
Assassin
WR Ricky Jeune signed today - nothing more than a camp body I would guess
Assassin
Cowboys placed WR Cedrick Wilson on Reserve/Injured
Wichitabear
Assassin
who is that wearing Terrance's number catching with his hands?

Assassin
  • Noah Brown's hamstring injury doesn't appear to be as serious as Wilson's shoulder problem, but the second-year receiver did not participate in walkthrough while he recovers. Brown has not practiced since the Cowboys put on pads, but receivers coach Sanjay Lal said he is "on the way back" to the field. With both Brown and Wilson limited by injury, it makes sense why the coaching staff might want an extra wide receiver to handle the workload.
BearForce
Assassin said:

Tavon Austin sure is with the WRs a lot...
Wichitabear
They probably need him!
BearForce
Wichitabear said:

They probably need him!

Agreed but my point was if he counts as a WR now, instead of a RB, that makes KD's road even harder. KD really needs to try and show out as a punt and or kick returner to even have a remote chance.

Oh by the way Lance Lenoir seems to be turning heads this off-season too...another body KD needs to get past.
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Tavon Austin sure is with the WRs a lot...
I think Stephen Jones said that they consider Austin a RB first.
Assassin
Cedrick Wilson - WR - Cowboys

Cowboys placed WR Cedrick Wilson on injured reserve with a torn labrum in his shoulder, ending his season.
The injury happened at practice Sunday. Players placed on I.R. ahead of Week 1 are ineligible for the return designation during the season. A sixth-round pick, Wilson should be fine well in time for training camp next year.
First Page Last Page
Page 185 of 845

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.