Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,077,599 Views | 29547 Replies | Last: 30 min ago by Assassin
Wichitabear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Martin's brother plays for Houston. That's cute
Wichitabear
Hail Mary. Didn't work Cooper. Don't know what happened there
Wichitabear
Dak all class.
BearForce
And the cutting has begun:

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2018/8/31/17806892/dallas-cowboys-roster-cuts-cowboys-are-releasing-de-kony-ealy-and-dt-lewis-neal

Brian Broaddus has a cryptic tweet out there about a CB being traded but have not seen anything come across yet.
BearForce
Here is the BtB cut tracker:
https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2018/8/31/17802446/cowboys-cuts-tracker-2018-news-rumors-roster-moves-updates-for-53-man-roster
Assassin
Assassin
BearForce said:

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2018/8/31/17802446/cowboys-cuts-tracker-2018-news-rumors-roster-moves-updates-for-53-man-roster
Chaz Green, a third-round pick in 2015, is among the Cowboys' cuts, according to sources.
Assassin
u guys miss me?
BearForce
Assassin said:

u guys miss me?

Who? LOL
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Chaz Green, a third-round pick in 2015, is among the Cowboys' cuts, according to sources.

Long overdue
Assassin
Dallas Cowboys tight end Rico Gathers was arrested Friday night and charged with possession of marijuana, less than 24 hours before NFL teams have to reach the 53-man roster limit.
Assassin
The Dallas Cowboys informed defensive end Kony Ealy that he will be among the players released by Saturday's deadline to reach the 53-man limit, according to a tweet from his agent.
Assassin
Assassin said:

The Cowboys raised some eyebrows on Thursday when they traded undrafted cornerback Charvarius Ward to Kansas City for offensive lineman Parker Ehinger (pronounced EIN-ger). Dallas needed some depth at offensive line with Travis Frederick's uncertain status, so what exactly did they get in Ehinger?
To start off, Ehinger played football at University of Cincinnati, starting all four years. In his freshman year he was the right tackle, but moved to right guard the next two years before assuming the left tackle spot in his senior year. Right off the bat, that displays the versatility that Dallas certainly values. Measuring 6'6" and 310 lbs, he entered the 2016 NFL Draft with the body of a tackle but was projected to fit in as a guard due to his lack of elite quickness.
Ehinger ended up getting drafted in the fourth round by Kansas City, and he managed to beat out veterans Zach Fulton and Jah Reid for the starting left guard spot in his rookie year. He was playing well for a rookie, particularly in run blocking, but tore his ACL in October and was out for the season. After recovering from the injury, Ehinger started in Week 1 of 2017 at right guard but never saw action again in the year.
Wichitabear
Yes!!! Well you know.. Hardly knew you were missing.
trumpetbear
Dan Bailey cut!

Wha?!
GoldMind
trumpetbear said:

Dan Bailey cut!

Wha?!

Saw that. Puzzling unless there's more to it.
Wichitabear
That is weird!!!
Assassin
Rico Gathers has made the Cowboys' 53-man roster.

Gathers put his roster spot in jeopardy by getting arrested for marijuana possession on Friday night, though he ultimately made the team. A former basketball player at Baylor, Gathers bulked up to 282 pounds this offseason to prepare for a blocking role. He's not on the fantasy radar.
D. C. Bear
Assassin said:

Rico Gathers has made the Cowboys' 53-man roster.

Gathers put his roster spot in jeopardy by getting arrested for marijuana possession on Friday night, though he ultimately made the team. A former basketball player at Baylor, Gathers bulked up to 282 pounds this offseason to prepare for a blocking role. He's not on the fantasy radar.
Maybe that arrest clinched it for the Cowboys.
Assassin
Larry Brown:

Dan Bailey, K, Cowboys

Once among one of the best kickers in the NFL, Bailey slipped to just 75 percent on his field goals last season while missing two extra points. He was owed $3.4 million per season through 2020, and the Cowboys must have felt he was no longer worth it. They decided to go with Brett Maher instead. Expect the man with the big leg to get an opportunity elsewhere pretty quickly, and the Cowboys to potentially regret the move.
Assassin
The Cowboys claimed two players off waivers, adding guard/center Adam Redmond and safety Ibraheim Campbell to the 53-man roster.

To make room, the team waived guard Kadeem Edwards and defensive tackle Brian Price.
Assassin
GoldMind
Assassin said:

Is that good or nah?
BearForce
GoldMind said:

Assassin said:

Is that good or nah?

It a gamble that he will be ready so we can save the IR to return for someone else.

I will be honest, Looney isnt Fred but he isnt bad at C...I think we will be fine honestly.
GoldMind
BearForce said:

GoldMind said:

Assassin said:

Is that good or nah?

It a gamble that he will be ready so we can save the IR to return for someone else.

I will be honest, Looney isnt Fred but he isnt bad at C...I think we will be fine honestly.

Yuh
trumpetbear
My thoughts too. Maybe they think he'll be ready sooner than week 8.
Assassin
BearForce said:

GoldMind said:

Assassin said:

Is that good or nah?

zach has to be healthy.
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

GoldMind said:

Assassin said:

Is that good or nah?

zach has to be healthy.

I did assume that...yes, otherwise we are in some poo.
BearForce
I didn't understand what was going on with Noah Brown making the roster but now it makes sense:

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2018/9/2/17813592/sources-cowboys-will-move-noah-brown-to-ir-re-sign-deonte-thompson
Assassin
Eight potential targets for the Cowboys to add to their 53-man roster

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2018/9/2/17810726/eight-potential-targets-for-the-cowboys-to-add-to-their-53-man-roster
BearForce
Darius Jackson didn't even last 24 hours on the practice squad before Green Bay pulled him on to their 53 man roster...meanwhile Bo????
BearForce
And now Bo is on the practice squad
GoldMind
BearForce said:

And now Bo is on the practice squad

Bo Knows
Assassin
not sure how much difference there is between DJ and Bo. Neither have any NFLskins on the wall
Assassin
Cowboys signed WR Deonte Thompson to a one-year, $1 million contract.
Dallas also signed RB Bo Scarbrough to their practice squad and placed WR Noah Brown on injured reserve. The Cowboys waived WR Lance Lenoir over the weekend, leaving only Terrance Williams, Allen Hurns, Michael Gallup, Cole Beasley, and Tavon Austin (along with Thompson) as their receivers. All will be needed to shore up production left behind in Dez Bryant's and Jason Witten's absences.
Source: Pro Football Talk
Sep 3 - 3:18 PM

First Page Last Page
Page 196 of 845

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.