Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,089,904 Views | 29566 Replies | Last: 3 min ago by Assassin
Wichitabear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Well I hate to hear that. I was wanting Cory to get a shot
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
BearForce said:

The Buttler is to be at the Star today

Rumor has it that TWill may be in the crosshairs of the NFL for personal conduct...
Wobbly wipeouts on your Moped on the Police dashcam after wrecking your Lamborghini is always bad! Hate it when that happens!
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Wichitabear
I was hoping we could just forget about that little incident lol
BearForce
Now 24-10 Chicago in the 4th with 5 minutes to go
BearForce
So Chicago wins 24-17, thus Seattle is 0-2 and they play us next. A great opportunity to practically put the dagger in them and initiate the Earl Thomas fire sale early.
Wichitabear
I like the way you think!
Franko
BearForce said:

Hmm, the Seahawks are already 0-1 and losing 10-3 at halftime to Chicago. If they lose tonight and to us on Sunday, might we see a fire sell?
The way the defense is playing, I suspect the Cowboys' offer for Thomas will not be as good as it was before the season. Rumor was that Dallas offered a second. I'll bet they don't offer anything better than a third now.
2021-2023 Adopt-A-Bear
Anthony Anywanwu
cumulative stats:
2022 (Redshirt Sophomore)
Named second-team Academic All-Big 12 … Played in nine games off the bench, totaling seven tackles, including 1.5 for a loss … Went for three tackles, including a tackle for a loss in the win over Texas State … Had a stop at Iowa State … Had three tackles, including half a tackle for a loss, at West Virginia.
BearForce
Franko said:

BearForce said:

Hmm, the Seahawks are already 0-1 and losing 10-3 at halftime to Chicago. If they lose tonight and to us on Sunday, might we see a fire sell?
The way the defense is playing, I suspect the Cowboys' offer for Thomas will not be as good as it was before the season. Rumor was that Dallas offered a second. I'll bet they don't offer anything better than a third now.

Agree though we are still thin at safety even with Xavier Woods back.
Franko
BearForce said:

Franko said:

BearForce said:

True. I have been beating the drum to bring Thomas in for just this reason. And I still think it is a win-win for both teams to make this deal. But I think the way the two teams have started out changes the leverage. Seattle clearly needs to shift to a rebuild process. If Dallas continues to play well on defense, it doesn't make as much sense to take the cap hit Thomas will require.

That said, I predict this deal gets done after the Cowboys-Seattle game this weekend, especially if Dallas wins. Seattle doesn't want to play against him, and if they lose, they have no reason to keep him.
2021-2023 Adopt-A-Bear
Anthony Anywanwu
cumulative stats:
Named second-team Academic All-Big 12 … Played in nine games off the bench, totaling seven tackles, including 1.5 for a loss … Went for three tackles, including a tackle for a loss in the win over Texas State … Had a stop at Iowa State … Had three tackles, including half a tackle for a loss, at West Virginia.
BearForce
Franko said:

BearForce said:

Franko said:

BearForce said:

True. I have been beating the drum to bring Thomas in for just this reason. And I still think it is a win-win for both teams to make this deal. But I think the way the two teams have started out changes the leverage. Seattle clearly needs to shift to a rebuild process. If Dallas continues to play well on defense, it doesn't make as much sense to take the cap hit Thomas will require.

That said, I predict this deal gets done after the Cowboys-Seattle game this weekend, especially if Dallas wins. Seattle doesn't want to play against him, and if they lose, they have no reason to keep him.

The defense has been stellar so far but we also need to account for the fact we having really played a QB yet that can attack you deep nor one with a nasty TE. Thomas helps you tremendously there and likely solidifies this unit as a top 5 defense in the league.
trey3216
BearForce said:

Franko said:

BearForce said:

Franko said:

BearForce said:

The defense has been stellar so far but we also need to account for the fact we having really played a QB yet that can attack you deep nor one with a nasty TE. Thomas helps you tremendously there and likely solidifies this unit as a top 5 defense in the league.
The Giants had several deep threats. They couldn't get open for one, and we were destroying their line for two. OBJ, Ingram, and OU boy are pretty damn serious deep threats and Ingram is a really good pass catching TE.
Franko
trey3216 said:

BearForce said:

Franko said:

BearForce said:

Franko said:

BearForce said:

The Giants had several deep threats. They couldn't get open for one, and we were destroying their line for two. OBJ, Ingram, and OU boy are pretty damn serious deep threats and Ingram is a really good pass catching TE.
And Evan Engram is a really good tight end. Top 5 in receiving yards last year. He didn't do much until that garbage time TD.
2021-2023 Adopt-A-Bear
Anthony Anywanwu
cumulative stats:
trey3216
Franko said:

trey3216 said:

BearForce said:

Franko said:

BearForce said:

Franko said:

BearForce said:

And Evan Engram is a really good tight end. Top 5 in receiving yards last year. He didn't do much until that garbage time TD.
I guess I spelled his name wrong, but yes, that's who I was referring to.
BearForce
trey3216 said:

BearForce said:

Franko said:

BearForce said:

Franko said:

BearForce said:

Trey

Eli isnt equipped to get the ball deep these days. I'm talking about teams like the Packers, Rams, Vikings, etc in terms of teams with QBs who can hurt you. I will agree I somewhat forgot about Engram but again Eli cant get him the ball either. He and his line have made him become Captain Checkdown.
trey3216
BearForce said:

trey3216 said:

BearForce said:

Franko said:

BearForce said:

Franko said:

BearForce said:

Trey

Eli isnt equipped to get the ball deep these days. I'm talking about teams like the Packers, Rams, Vikings, etc.
Oh I'm well aware. I'm no defender of Eli, whatsoever, but he would be moderately capable if he had anyone worth a nickel blocking for him. He's torched us in the past.

I was merely saying they do have threats, real downfield threats, and they couldn't get open the other night.
BearForce
trey3216 said:

BearForce said:

trey3216 said:

BearForce said:

Franko said:

BearForce said:

Franko said:

BearForce said:

Trey

Eli isnt equipped to get the ball deep these days. I'm talking about teams like the Packers, Rams, Vikings, etc.
Oh I'm well aware. I'm no defender of Eli, whatsoever, but he would be moderately capable if he had anyone worth a nickel blocking for him. He's torched us in the past.

I was merely saying they do have threats, real downfield threats, and they couldn't get open the other night.

I'm not so sure as Eli, even with a meh line, has been a bit of an INT machine the last few years. We just had so many questions in our secondary such that he could throw up a miracle and hit sometimes.

No doubt the Giants have a nasty receiver corps.
trey3216
BearForce said:

trey3216 said:

BearForce said:

trey3216 said:

BearForce said:

Franko said:

BearForce said:

Franko said:

BearForce said:

Trey

I'm not so sure as Eli, even with a meh line, has been a bit of an INT machine the last few years. We just had so many questions in our secondary such that he could throw up a miracle and hit sometimes.

Like I said, 1) moderately capable 2) in the past. I can't stand the overrated mouthbreather.
Franko
trey3216 said:

BearForce said:

trey3216 said:

BearForce said:

trey3216 said:

BearForce said:

Franko said:

BearForce said:

Franko said:

BearForce said:

Trey

Like I said, 1) moderately capable 2) in the past. I can't stand the overrated mouthbreather.
Even his family is shocked that he has two Super Bowl rings.
2021-2023 Adopt-A-Bear
Anthony Anywanwu
cumulative stats:
BearForce
I like:
Roster update: Cowboys sign Adolphus Washington to practice squad, release Aziz Shittu

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2018/9/18/17876482/roster-update-cowboys-sign-adolphus-washington-to-practice-squad-release-aziz-shittu
BearForce
A nice 1 tech project
Wichitabear
Lolol
D. C. Bear
Franko said:

trey3216 said:

BearForce said:

trey3216 said:

BearForce said:

trey3216 said:

BearForce said:

Franko said:

BearForce said:

Franko said:

BearForce said:

Trey

Even his family is shocked that he has two Super Bowl rings.

Underrated post.
Assassin
BearForce said:

Roster update: Cowboys sign Adolphus Washington to practice squad, release Aziz Shittu
God bless you!
Assassin
Assassin
Owner and general manager Jerry Jones said on 105.3 The Fan in Dallas that the belief is Xavier Woods (hamstring) and Randy Gregory (concussion) will have a chance at playing at Seattle. Woods has missed the first two games. Gregory did not play against the Giants.
Assassin
Butler is officially back
BearForce
Assassin said:

In the conservatory with a rope...
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

In the conservatory with a rope...
and a candlestick in his back pocket...
Assassin
NFC East stuff
Eagles signed WR Jordan Matthews. Matthews is still just 26 and was a 2014 second-round pick of the Eagles. He spent his first three years with the team but saw his career take a downturn after multiple injuries and was then shipped to the Bills in the trade for CB Ronald Darby. Matthews has a close relationship with Carson Wentz and knows the offense. He's expected to step in immediately as the slot receiver after the Eagles were forced to use TE Josh Perkins there last week against the Bucs.
Assassin
Sean Lee (hamstring) didn't practice on Wednesday.
Wichitabear
Timbear
Is this going to be another year of "if we had only had Sean Lee " ? They've only played 2 games, and he's already out?
Assassin
Timbear said:

Is this going to be another year of "if we had only had Sean Lee " ? They've only played 2 games, and he's already out?
as far as I know he is going to play. they are probably holding him out to insure he will be good to go Sunday
Assassin
however that is one of the reasons Vander Esch was out #1 pick. Just in case...
Assassin
Kinda wondering why Butler was brought back. Who on the WR squad is he better than? He kinda seems like the guys we already have. Never had a 100 yd game. One 5 catch and two 4 catch games in his three seasons here.
First Page Last Page
Page 206 of 845

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.