Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,081,011 Views | 29553 Replies | Last: 16 hrs ago by BearForce
Assassin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Assassin said:

Cowboys DL David Irving's four-game suspension has ended.
Irving was suspended four games for violating the substance abuse policy and then missed training camp because of "personal issues." He has been attending meetings for a couple weeks, however, so he will likely be activated this week. Irving had seven sacks in eight games last season.

Source: Dallas Morning News
Oct 1 - 8:57 AM

If M Collins can come back next week, that will give us a very solid rotation in the middle of the DL
Assassin
Speaking Monday, Texans coach Bill O'Brien said Lamar Miller came out of Sunday's game "a little banged up," but that he believes Miller should be "OK."

Miller is often a little banged up. It sounds like he could miss some practice time this week but ultimately be out there for Sunday night's game against the Cowboys.
Assassin
Dallas improved to 2-7 minus Lee, who is battling a hamstring injury, in large part because of the solid play of rookie Leighton Vander Esch and Jaylon Smith.

Smith finished with seven tackles, Vander Esch six.

"It was really cool to watch them play," defensive passing game coordinator/secondary coach Kris Richard said. "You never ever like the comment 'they're young!' It becomes an excuse. Bull crap on that. ...It was really positive. [Vander Esch] made some really cool open-field tackles out there."
Assassin
Yahoo! Sports' Terez Paylor reports the Chiefs were "inching closer toward a deal" for FS Earl Thomas before he broke his leg in Week 4.
It's all moot now with Thomas re-breaking his tibia and being done for the season. Per Paylor, "there was internal optimism something would be struck before the deadline." The Cowboys also remained in the mix. It's still noteworthy, as both teams could eye Thomas in free agency in March.
Related: Chiefs

Source: Yahoo! Sports
Oct 1 - 8:16 PM
Assassin
Cowboys coach Jason Garrett revealed Monday that Ezekiel Elliott is playing through knee and ankle injuries. Elliott has been spotted limping around the field sporadically over the last two weeks, and Garrett confirmed he has a minor ankle sprain and bursitis in his knee. Zeke has played 89% of Dallas' 2018 offensive snaps. Garrett did state the Cowboys are "optimistic" Elliott will play in Week 5 against the Texans
Wichitabear
Oh man. He takes all the plays practically by himself. You know what mean. He is expected to carry the whole team! No good receivers. Except him lol. Sorry Zek you are expected to do it all
Assassin
Cowboys LB Sean Lee (hamstring) is not expected to return Week 5.
Lee was always looking at a multi-week absence after injuring his hamstring in Week 3, especially since he entered that game with an injury to his other hamstring. First-round rookie Leighton Vander Esch played well in an expanded role against the Lions.

Source: Jon Machota on Twitter
Oct 2 - 9:54 AM
Assassin
Assassin
our next game;

Texans RE Jadeveon Clowney was named AFC Defensive Player of the Week for Week 4.

Clowney was wrecking the Colts, consistently eating fill-in LT Le'Raven Clark for lunch. He amassed a pair of sacks and was living in the backfield, while also recovering a botched snap for a touchdown. The only downside to Clowney's day was he was whistled for four penalties while trying to jump the snap. The pass rush is coming, and Clowney is already elite against the run.

Oct 3 - 9:39 AM
On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Wichitabear
Oh. Wish Dez could've lasted a little longer. He probably just needs to retire but I still feel for the guy. I mean we were Dez's family
Assassin
Update, noon Wednesday: Cowboys receiver Terrance Williams was not in attendance at the portion of practice Wednesday open to reporters. It's the second-straight practice Williams is missing as he deals with an array of issues.

Coach Jason Garrett said Williams reported to the team facility Tuesday after being away from the team over the weekend. But minutes before practice Wednesday, Garrett wasn't sure if the six-year veteran would be taking the field to prepare for Sunday's game at Houston.

"We'll see," Garrett said Wednesday morning. " Terrance was here yesterday, he was here
this morning, he's working through a couple of issues off the field so we'll just see his availability as the day goes on."
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Wichitabear
Omg. TWill!
Assassin
Ezekiel Elliott said, "this is the freshest I felt after any Wednesday practice I've had," after dealing with ankle and knee soreness from last week's win against Detroit and he has no doubt he will play Sunday at Houston. "I'm good," said the NFL's leading rusher.
Assassin
How's Joe Looney grading out? From the couch he seems to be playing at a high level. - RODNEY RASNAKE / DURHAM, NC

Bryan: There is no way that Joe Looney would be playing as well as he has if he didn't do anything about his weight and conditioning before the season. It is the direction that he took in the offseason that has paid dividends for the team. I've been impressed each game with his play down after down. There has not been one time where he's been a liability.

Rob: First off, I had no idea Looney was that fast "with the belly," he said in jest the other day. I'm not just talking about the sprint to the end zone on Ezekiel Elliott's touchdown. He's agile getting out in space and pulling, a hallmark of this offensive line. I give him a lot of credit for being ready for this situation, because Travis Frederick's auto-immune illness came out of nowhere and before this season, Frederick had never missed a start in his career.
Assassin
The 2018 draft is beginning to look like at least an A- draft now. Two starters in Vander Esch and Williams. top of the rotation WR in Gallup. Even Dorrance Armstrong got some playing time (not easy behind Tank Law)

Assassin
Assassin
BearForce
Assassin said:

How's Joe Looney grading out? From the couch he seems to be playing at a high level. - RODNEY RASNAKE / DURHAM, NC

Bryan: There is no way that Joe Looney would be playing as well as he has if he didn't do anything about his weight and conditioning before the season. It is the direction that he took in the offseason that has paid dividends for the team. I've been impressed each game with his play down after down. There has not been one time where he's been a liability.

Rob: First off, I had no idea Looney was that fast "with the belly," he said in jest the other day. I'm not just talking about the sprint to the end zone on Ezekiel Elliott's touchdown. He's agile getting out in space and pulling, a hallmark of this offensive line. I give him a lot of credit for being ready for this situation, because Travis Frederick's auto-immune illness came out of nowhere and before this season, Frederick had never missed a start in his career.

Joe has looked good and been saying it all season and preseason. He isnt Beard (no one is) but we are in good shape with him at C.
BearForce
Assassin said:

The 2018 draft is beginning to look like at least an A- draft now. Two starters in Vander Esch and Williams. top of the rotation WR in Gallup. Even Dorrance Armstrong got some playing time (not easy behind Tank Law)

Tap the breaks just a bit...William's needs to show growth as does Gallup. Armstrong is a solid rotation player and Vander Esch looks to be the real deal.

I'd give it a B for now with room to grow.
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Joe has looked good and been saying it all season and preseason. He isnt Beard (no one is) but we are in good shape with him at C.
Nowhere near as bad as I had it after game 1
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Tap the breaks just a bit...William's needs to show growth as does Gallup. Armstrong is a solid rotation player and Vander Esch looks to be the real deal.

I'd give it a B for now with room to grow.
The way I see it, getting a starting MLB in VE is huge. And he can play the other two spots with ease. Wouldnt doubt he could fill in at DE in a pinch.

Williams looked really good the other night. And even in the games where he got beat twice Broadus said he was near perfect on the other plays. I have a feeling in Frederick were in, his learning curve would have been even less

Gallup has potential. That was one heck of a catch last weekend.

Armstrong had some moments.

Not sure if we will know anything about Mike White this season unless Dak gets hurt or Cooper Rush slips on a bananna peel

Would love to see Chris Covington in action. His tape reminded me of Damien Wilson.

Schultz would have had a TD catch the other night (Carolina?) if not for the penalty.

And we still have Cedric Wilson and Bo Scarborogh on PS.

Assassin
still no good word on Travis Fredericks return from Guillian Barre. At this point, I'm guessing they put him on IR for the year. He says he is back in the weight room but its like he just started off season workouts. Still numbness in feet and hands
Assassin
grading the Cowboy rookies

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-cowboys/cowboys/2018/10/04/breaking-dallas-could-make-room-david-irving-film-study-rookies-tony-romo-call-jaguars-game-cowboys-catch
Assassin
FYI - SicEm 365 Lunch; JRs, Colleyville, 1130am, Friday, Nov 2

Assassin
this is the Rico we need

Wichitabear
Wish we could see more of that!
Assassin
Terrance Williams (foot) has been ruled out for Week 5. Williams didn't practice all week with a foot injury. He's also dealing with off-field issues. Brice Butler will see more snaps in place of Williams.
Assassin
Texans slot CB Aaron Colvin (ankle) is expected to miss at least six weeks. The Texans are holding off on placing him on injured reserve for now. Colvin was struggling before his ankle injury, but losing him is a blow to Houston's secondary. The Texans are going with Kayvon Webster and Shareece Wright in sub-packages.
Wichitabear
Uhmmmmm
BearForce
Beard to IR no surprise
TWill to IR is a surprise

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2018/10/6/17945708/source-cowboys-place-travis-frederick-terrance-williams-injured-reserve-david-irving-added-to-roster
Assassin
BearForce said:

Beard to IR no surprise
TWill to IR is a surprise

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2018/10/6/17945708/source-cowboys-place-travis-frederick-terrance-williams-injured-reserve-david-irving-added-to-roster
really looks like this is TWills last season in Big D.
Assassin
Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said there's no interest in bringing back free agent Dez Bryant.
"Trust me, if it were in our best interest, his and ours, then he would be on the field for the Cowboys," Jones said in an appearance on 105.3 The Fan. Bryant tweeted his preference is to re-sign with Dallas, but the feeling isn't mutual. After turning down offers from Baltimore and Cleveland, teams aren't convinced Bryant is committed to playing this year. It may take an injury before Dez rumors start to resurface.

Source: Fort Worth Star-Telegram
Oct 6 - 3:07 PM
Wichitabear
I really hate to see it but........
Wichitabear
Good comment
Assassin
Connor Williams has played every Offensive play so far this year - 230 for 230. One of 7 NFL rookies to do that, all OL
First Page Last Page
Page 214 of 845

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.