Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,076,855 Views | 29545 Replies | Last: 10 hrs ago by Assassin
BearForce
How long do you want to ignore this user?
And Randall Cobb is a Cowboy

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/report-cowboys-agree-to-deal-with-randall-cobb/
via http://cbssportsapp.com
Franko
BearForce said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/report-cowboys-agree-to-deal-with-randall-cobb/
If he's healthy, that's a great addition.
trumpetbear
Yep, I always liked him
Assassin
BearForce said:

tells me that they are not positive about Hurns health yet
On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Assassin
Yahoo's Terez Paylor reports free agent Eric Berry left his Cowboys visit without a deal.
Per Paylor, Berry will now embark on other visits. Where he might be going is unclear. Even with his major injury concerns, Berry is the best of what is left on a picked-over safety market.

SOURCE: Terez A. Paylor on Twitter
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Assassin
thank goodness. Cowboys re-signed LS L.P. Ladouceur to a one-year, $1.03 million deal.

Now 38, Ladouceur has been snapping the ball a farther-than-normal distance for the Cowboys since 2005. He once snapped a ball through the hole in Texas Stadium's roof (he did not). The Cowboys are in good hands when they need a ball to travel slightly farther than usual.
Assassin
Assassin
Assassin
aaron rogers on losing Cobb:

BearForce
So my question is, just like I asked this esteemed group then, why didn't we pursue him last year when Cincinnati released him and Minnesota signed him to the vet minimum?

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2019/3/21/18276375/report-cowboys-set-to-host-free-agent-safety-george-iloka-on-friday
BearForce
Dear fecals, suck it

GoldMind
BearForce said:

Dear fecals, suck it

Nobody wants to play where they cheer when players get injured
Assassin
Geathers has re-signed with the Indianapolis Colts
Assassin
Assassin
Here is the breakdown of Randall Cobb's one-year deal with the Cowboys: Signing bonus: $2 million. Base salary: $2 million. 46-man roster bonuses: $1 million. Cap number: $4.562 million. 55 receptions, plus playoffs: $250,000. 75 receptions, plus playoffs: $500,000. Max value: $5.5 million.
BearForce
Assassin
BearForce said:

I dont think Berry will be signed except on a 1 year, low-cost, make-good type deal. too many medical issues
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

I dont think Berry will be signed except on a 1 year, low-cost, make-good type deal. too many medical issues

Agree...I think Iloika is the more likely signing unless someone finally wants to call Tre Boston.
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Agree...I think Iloika is the more likely signing unless someone finally wants to call Tre Boston.
something has to be going on with Boston. doesnt make sense
trumpetbear
BearForce
trumpetbear said:

Got that one right...should of had him last year
Assassin
my buddy Wonderboy fighting right now on ESPN +. Just broke Anthony Pettis nose
Assassin
BearForce said:

trumpetbear said:

yep, but it takes two to tango
Wichitabear
Hmmmmm
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

trumpetbear said:

He went to Minnesota for the league minimum...sounds to me like he would have danced if asked to...
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

trumpetbear said:

He went to Minnesota for the league minimum...sounds to me like he would have danced if asked to...
If memory serves, he almost immediately signed with the Vikes. Didnt he miss the appointment with us or something like that?
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

trumpetbear said:

If memory serves, he almost immediately signed with the Vikes. Didnt he miss the appointment with us or something like that?
I dont even know if we ever tried...I don't remember him being scheduled to come down here. He cleared waivers and then the Viking were all over him like syrup on waffles.
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

trumpetbear said:

I dont even know if we ever tried...I don't remember him being scheduled to come down here. He cleared waivers and then the Viking were all over him like syrup on waffles.
For some reason I seem to remember we had a tentative appointment with him, but he chose the Vikes so kids could stay in school and he would be close or something like that.
Assassin
Cowboys have now added depth at three positions since free agency opened March 13. They've signed Iloka at Safety, two defensive linemen, Christian Covington and Kerry Hyder, and added veteran receiver Randall Cobb as a replacement for free agent departure Cole Beasley.
===
Have we achieved status quo with who has left?
Assassin
Just looked up this data from PFF when Iloka was cut by Cincy:

The Cincinnati Bengals are releasing veteran George Iolka, who has started every game for the team since 2013, in a move to give second-round pick Jessie Bates an opportunity at immediate playing time and save them 6.2 million dollars. Iloka was in the third year of a six-year, $36-million deal signed in the 2016 offseason.

This move appears to be a bit of a head scratcher on the surface Iloka has been steady (if unspectacular) during his reign as a starter aftering being selected with a fifth-round pick out of Boise State. He has averaged roughly 0.34 wins above replacement the last five years, never generating fewer than 0.26 (2016) and never more than 0.53 (2014). He's been reliable in terms of availability as well, playing more than 715 snaps each of those seasons, and eclipsing 988 snaps in four of those five years. While coverage grades paint a somewhat-incomplete picture for deep safeties, he's surrendered fewer touchdowns (seven) into his coverage than he has interceptions (nine), and passers earned only a 68.4 rating throwing at him a season ago
Assassin
Assassin
Assassin
Assassin
Assassin
apparently even the turkey vultures dont like Stephen A Smith...

Hopefully another turkey vulture will put us out of our misery.

GO TURKEY VULTURES!
First Page Last Page
Page 287 of 845

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.