Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,081,381 Views | 29553 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by BearForce
Wichitabear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Lolol that is funny. Stephen A. What a jerk
Assassin
Cowboys vice president Stephen Jones acknowledged the obvious when he admitted that contract talks with free agent defensive end DeMarcus Lawrence are currently at an impasse.

The Cowboys placed the franchise tag on Lawrence, guaranteeing him $20.5 million in 2019. But he has no interest in signing the tag.

Lawrence, who played under the tag last season for $17.5 million and responded with a second-straight to the Pro Bowl, is seeking a long-term contract extension with Chicago's Khalil Mack's six-year, $141 million deal as a guide.

The Cowboys initially offered a deal worth $17 million annually and have come up to roughly $20 million, per a source.
On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Assassin
Assassin said:

Cowboys vice president Stephen Jones acknowledged the obvious when he admitted that contract talks with free agent defensive end DeMarcus Lawrence are currently at an impasse.

The Cowboys placed the franchise tag on Lawrence, guaranteeing him $20.5 million in 2019. But he has no interest in signing the tag.

Lawrence, who played under the tag last season for $17.5 million and responded with a second-straight to the Pro Bowl, is seeking a long-term contract extension with Chicago's Khalil Mack's six-year, $141 million deal as a guide.

The Cowboys initially offered a deal worth $17 million annually and have come up to roughly $20 million, per a source.
Sometimes these kids tend to forget that these are not one man teams. There is only so much money to go around
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Wichitabear
I don't think he is as good as Mack. He is a good player but is he worth Mack money?
BearForce
Assassin said:

Assassin said:

Sometimes these kids tend to forget that these are not one man teams. There is only so much money to go around

I can't blame the player when the market says he deserves it.
BearForce
https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2019/3/24/18279618/doing-demarcus-lawrence-dance-why-dallas-cowboys-just-have-to-wait-frank-clark-jadeveon-clowney
Wichitabear
Thank you. Boy oh boy.
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Assassin said:

Nobody deserves that much money, just like Aaron Rogers doesn't deserve $33 per year. The tail is wagging the dog.
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Assassin said:

Nobody deserves that much money, just like Aaron Rogers doesn't deserve $33 per year. The tail is wagging the dog.

That is the free market my friend...if it's too expensive for you to play in there are other leagues to play in.

If the Cowboys think it's too much then move on, but know that he will get his price, and the Cowboys had their chance last year and didnt get it done.
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Assassin said:

That is the free market my friend...if it's too expensive for you to play in there are other leagues to play in.

If the Cowboys think it's too much then move on, but know that he will get his price, and the Cowboys had their chance last year and didnt get it done.

I understand. However let these guys share in the losses too, not in just the profits. The rest of us share in the losses as our jobs are simply eliminated when the market or the business owner goes south. Let them realize what it takes to run a biz
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Assassin said:

I understand. However let these guys share in the losses too, not in just the profits. The rest of us share in the losses as our jobs are simply eliminated when the market or the business owner goes south. Let them realize what it takes to run a biz

Well they will in some way when the salary cap contracts instead of expands...in the meantime they are right to maximize their earnings in a profession that on average you last about 3 years.
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Well they will in some way when the salary cap contracts instead of expands...in the meantime they are right to maximize their earnings in a profession that on average you last about 3 years.
A profession that lasts 3 years. Where else in the known universe would that make sense.

Playing a kid's game, getting hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of education without paying a dime and then graduating to a 3 year profession.

I was on scholarship in college for football. You spend three hours a day doing what you needed to do to play and then goofed off the rest of the time. It was rare to see a ball player with a GPA in the 3's (although there were a few). Most of the rest of us spent more time on Sco-Pro.

Assassin
According to the NFL Football Operations, coaches can now challenge the penalties in the first 28 minutes of each half, with the final two minutes subject to booth review. Coaches will still only be given two challenge flags per game. Owners passed the proposal 31-1. The Cincinnati Bengals were the only team to vote against pass interference replay reviews, according to NFL Network's Mike Garafolo.
The rule will also expand automatic replay reviews to include scoring plays and turnovers negated by a foul as well as any extra point or two-point conversion.
According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, the NFL Competition Committee also admitted that the Patriots should have been called for pass interference on a potential scoring play to wide receiver Brandin Cooks, which would have given Los Angeles the ball at the one-yard line at the end of the game.
Assassin
interesting numbers...

Assassin
BearForce
And the story to go along with the tweets...he says DLaw is worth the money:

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2019/3/27/18284149/is-cowboys-de-demarcus-lawrence-worth-the-money-hes-asking-for
Wichitabear
Surprised
Assassin
BearForce said:

And the story to go along with the tweets...he says DLaw is worth the money:

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2019/3/27/18284149/is-cowboys-de-demarcus-lawrence-worth-the-money-hes-asking-for
Kinda hard to argue. I still think Mack was waaaaay overpaid, but thats the way the thing is done. Sadly... as you and I are the ones that end paying his salary via ticket prices, parking, Nike or Adidas shoes or whatever.
Assassin
Sounds like Lawrence's agent has no intention of signing with the Cowboys. Dallas met the $20mil that he was asking for and the agent upped it to $22.5. That would piss off anybody.

So what do you do?

Get the Robert Quinn deal done. See if the Fins will take a 7 and split the $11 mil salary.

See if you can get Ziggy Ansah to come in for a looksee. He was at $17 but has medical issues. Offer half that. If his shoulder pans out, you got a great deal.
BearForce
Assassin said:

Sounds like Lawrence's agent has no intention of signing with the Cowboys. Dallas met the $20mil that he was asking for and the agent upped it to $22.5. That would piss off anybody.

So what do you do?

Get the Robert Quinn deal done. See if the Fins will take a 7 and split the $11 mil salary.

See if you can get Ziggy Ansah to come in for a looksee. He was at $17 but has medical issues. Offer half that. If his shoulder pans out, you got a great deal.

That might be where you go, but wait on Ziggy for a bit and see if trading for Quinn makes DLaw's agent move a little.

The other option might be a sign and trade...be a good way to get back into the first round.
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

So what do you do?

That might be where you go, but wait on Ziggy for a bit and see if trading for Quinn makes DLaw's agent move a little.

The other option might be a sign and trade...be a good way to get back into the first round.
Mickey Spags was saying. go with the Pats formula. Players seem to not have allegiance to the teams, and the Pats have no allegiance to the players. I think the Cowboys may have too much. Maybe its time to change that. Send DLaw down the road and use that chunk for two really good players.

BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

So what do you do?

Mickey Spags was saying. go with the Pats formula. Players seem to not have allegiance to the teams, and the Pats have no allegiance to the players. I think the Cowboys may have too much. Maybe its time to change that. Send DLaw down the road and use that chunk for two really good players.

Have to admit, it does work...besides I rather have a lot of good guys I can rotate on the DL.
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Have to admit, it does work...besides I rather have a lot of good guys I can rotate on the DL.
Yep.

Will be interesting to see what we do on OL to with Frederick coming back - albeit probably part time. I think Looney will still be playing a lot at C
Assassin
Robert Quinn is a Cowboy.

If Randy Gregory is good to go, that would be two nice bookends if we cant get the Tank deal done
Assassin
Assassin said:

Robert Quinn is a Cowboy.

If Randy Gregory is good to go, that would be two nice bookends if we cant get the Tank deal done
Assassin
So Randy Gregory's issue was a 'relapse' back on New Years Day

"Without going into the details of all the things that he's done to try to get to a point where he can play for us, it's been a very serious approach as an organization and his approach has been serious. He's been able to make strides," Garrett told the media. "He's been able to come back and play for us and be a very productive player and a productive guy in our locker room. Unfortunately, my understanding of all this is that sometimes relapse is part of rehab. And so we're working through the process of the suspension right now with the NFL. But Randy Gregory is working very hard to try to get back and get the situation under control, and we're doing everything that er can under the rules to help him do that." Jason Garrett
Assassin
This is the guy I brought up a couple of months ago. He's very much Cole Beazley, only faster

Franko
Cowboys acquire DE Robert Quinn for a sixth round pick. Great value IMO.
Assassin
Franko said:

dang. thought it was going to be a 4th.

this year or 2020?
Franko
Assassin said:

Franko said:

dang. thought it was going to be a 4th.

this year or 2020?
Assassin
New deal is one year $8 million plus incentives, per source. Quinn was slated to get $11.8 million from the Dolphins in 2019. Quinn has a chance to make $10 million wth seven sacks if you include the Cowboys salary and $1 million roster bonus already given to him by the Dolphins.
Assassin
Dont forget Kerry Hyder. 8 sacks in 2016 before missing 2017 with torn achilles, spot player under new coach for Lions last year. Wonder what Marinelli can do with him?
Assassin
sometimes you just gotta take what you are given:

58: R2P26
QB KYLER MURRAY
OKLAHOMA

90: R3P26
TE KADEN SMITH
STANFORD

128: R4P26
WR DAVID SILLS
WEST VIRGINIA

136: R4P34
OT DAVID EDWARDS
WISCONSIN

165: R5P27
DL DAYLON MACK
TEXAS A&M

241: R7P27
RB DAVID MONTGOMERY
IOWA STATE
BearForce
Assassin said:

sometimes you just gotta take what you are given:

58: R2P26
QB KYLER MURRAY
OKLAHOMA

90: R3P26
TE KADEN SMITH
STANFORD

128: R4P26
WR DAVID SILLS
WEST VIRGINIA

136: R4P34
OT DAVID EDWARDS
WISCONSIN

165: R5P27
DL DAYLON MACK
TEXAS A&M

241: R7P27
RB DAVID MONTGOMERY
IOWA STATE

Whose big board did you use? That is wacky
Assassin
walter football. i will take that draft anyday.
First Page Last Page
Page 288 of 845

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.