Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,077,778 Views | 29549 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by BearForce
Assassin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Best shot of Dallas middle draft...

On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Assassin
EasyE said:

Isn't 15 pressures (more than 1 per game) in one season a lot? What is the average? I thought they would say he only allowed 15 pressures in his career. That would have been an impressive number. Perhaps my idea of a pressure is more significant than the statisticians interpretations.
to give you a comparison, the top OL in the draft was Jonah Williams. He went 11th overall to the Bengals. He gave up 12 pressures this past season.

Its kind of an apples to oranges comparison because you never know who is playing next to you, how good they are, do you have to peel off to help out, does your team run more than the other team, etc
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Wichitabear
That sums it up nicely. Lol great
Assassin
The Dallas Cowboys agreed to terms Sunday with undrafted free agent Larry Allen Jr., the team announced.The former Harvard offensive lineman is the son of former Cowboys great Larry Allen.
Wichitabear
Hope this works out. Hope he has the talent dad had
BearForce
Assassin said:

the 'final list' of UDFA through this morning:

Daniel Wise DT Kansas
Chris Westry CB Kentucky

Jon'Vea Johnson WR Toledo
Jalen Guyton WR North Texas
Brandon Knight OL Indiana
Ricky Walker DT Virginia Tech
Justin Phillips LB Oklahoma State
Luke Gifford LB Nebraska
Mitch Hyatt OT Clemson
Derrick Puni OL Central Missouri
Andrew Dowell LB Michigan State

Nate Hall LB Northwestern (projected)

The bolded I think have the ability to stick.
BearForce
Assassin said:

The Dallas Cowboys agreed to terms Sunday with undrafted free agent Larry Allen Jr., the team announced.The former Harvard offensive lineman is the son of former Cowboys great Larry Allen.

Wow I had forgotten about him
BearForce
Assassin said:

Best shot of Dallas middle draft...

Now didn't you just yesterday give me the business for going there and now you went there....with picts! I'm not WAC man!
Wichitabear
Uh oh lololol
BearForce
Wichitabear said:

Uh oh lololol

LOL
BearForce
This is a no brainer... do it now!

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2019/4/29/18521411/how-the-amari-cooper-trade-could-still-land-the-cowboys-a-former-first-round-safety

For goodness sake Raiders, you have Chaz "PMS" Green as a starting G...you want L Collins on that wall, you need L Collins in that wall...and we need Karl Joseph
Franko
BearForce said:

This is a no brainer... do it now!

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2019/4/29/18521411/how-the-amari-cooper-trade-could-still-land-the-cowboys-a-former-first-round-safety

For goodness sake Raiders, you have Chaz "PMS" Green as a starting G...you want L Collins on that wall, you need L Collins in that wall...and we need Karl Joseph
Absolutely I would make that trade. We aren't keeping Collins past this year. Might as well get something for him (other than a compensatory 4th round pick).
Assassin
Taco Charlton trade for Joseph?

Former first for former first. Neither has lit the world on fire
Franko
Assassin said:

I'd do that trade too. But I still hold out hope that Taco will improve. He's shown flashes.
BearForce
Assassin said:

Not sure they would do it considering how Joseph finished 2018 and how Taco didn't. That said I agree with Franko only on that we have Taco for a few more years to hopefully get something out of him.
Assassin
RBs we picked up:

Pollard pick I get. He's your new Tavon Austin type. Might replace Austin in the return at least. Ran a 4.38 at on campus testing. Lined up at RB, slot and outside WR for Memphis. Austin isnt expensive at $1,328,125. We would save about 800k minus what Pollard gets, which is probably about the same. But Pollard is healthy and 3 1'2 inches taller and about 20lbs heavier.

Weber - not sure about this one yet. Mike Weber carried the ball 455 times and averaged almost six yards per carry and 24 touchdowns. Thats pretty darn impressive.

He's not gonna be the inside/outside guy. Looks to me like he's better on one cuts and slants from the inside holes. Not the guy to turn the corner and outrun you.

Weber will have to beat out Darius Jackson. Since I havent seen DJ since he left Dallas a couple of years ago, I have no idea. Regardless, someone has to emerge. Zeke is tough, but he throws his body into everything. Means sooner or later, something is going to give.

To be honest, between the two I would have stuck with DJ and picked up Willis, the DT from Miami. With that said, Willis is a bit of headcase. Willis was a one-year starter, was kicked off his first college team, missed a full season on his second college team with personal issues, missed time with injuries in his only season as a starter, and didn't work out at the Combine because of injuries.

So there's that...
Assassin
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Assassin said:

I remember covering him at HS camps and with trainers when he was a soph/jr/sr. Good kid.
Assassin
Brian Ethridge said:

Assassin said:

I remember covering him at HS camps and with trainers when he was a soph/jr/sr. Good kid.
And in HS, he was dang near unstoppable,124 catches for 2,798 yards, and 35 touchdowns.
Assassin
One player most likely to be cut/traded, ESPN

Tavon Austin, WR
The Cowboys head into 2019 with Amari Cooper and Michael Gallup entrenched as their top two wideouts. After that, the depth chart pivots on the availability of Allen Hurns, who suffered a serious ankle injury during the postseason. The Cowboys picked up Hurns' $5 million option for 2019, suggesting that either they think he's going to play or his option was quietly guaranteed for injury. With Hurns in the fold, the Cowboys might not have a need for Austin, who signed a one-year deal to remain with the team. Austin could figure as Dallas' punt returner, but the Cowboys drafted Memphis weapon Tony Pollard in the fourth round and could very well see whether a return man who scored seven times on kickoffs in three years could extend himself to punt duties.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Assassin said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Assassin said:

And in HS, he was dang near unstoppable,124 catches for 2,798 yards, and 35 touchdowns.
Yep, 4 star out of Allen.

There are several that are about to pop on the draft/national scene we know well at other schools. When you start seeing an 8th grade kid working that hard and they go to another school than Baylor, you lose track for a bit, then they come back onto the scene in the draft.
Assassin
Brian Ethridge said:

Assassin said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Assassin said:

There are several that are about to pop on the draft/national scene we know well at other schools. When you start seeing an 8th grade kid working that hard and they go to another school than Baylor, you lose track for a bit, then they come back onto the scene in the draft.
He signed with Notre Dame out of HS, not sure what happened there. Ended up TVCC and then UNT.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Assassin said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Assassin said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Assassin said:

He signed with Notre Dame out of HS, not sure what happened there. Ended up TVCC and then UNT.
Didn't like it.
Assassin
Zeke's fro is 6'4...

Assassin
curious to see how the UDFA pans out. Sounds like a solid UDFA type signing. A year on the practice squad and weight room maybe?
=======================
Mitch Hyatt, OT, Clemson
Height: 6-5. Weight: 303. Arm: 34.13. Hand: 10.25.
Projected 40 Time: 5.10. Three Cone: 7.72.
Bench: 28. Vertical: 25.5. Broad: 8-6.
Projected Round (2019): 4-6.

4/24/19: Hyatt was solid for Clemson, but he has limitations for the NFL. Team sources were not impressed and do not feel that Hyatt has improved significantly from his play in 2017. Hyatt still needs to get stronger for the NFL.

8/28/18: According to NFL teams' preseason data provided by team sources, Hyatt checks in at 6-foot-5, 306 pounds. He is said to run the 40 in 5.10 seconds. His measurements include 34.25-inch arms, 10.5-inch hands, and a 82-inch wing span.

Hyatt had a disappointing season in 2017, getting pushed around regularly. Even undersized defensive ends had success winning with power against Hyatt. He clearly needs to get stronger for the NFL. Hyatt also has had problems with speed rushers, including the edge rushers from Miami in the ACC Championship. Prior to him announcing his return to Clemson, some team sources said they had graded Hyatt as a fourth-rounder for the 2018 NFL Draft and might drop his grade to Round 5. That being said, they noted the huge demand for tackles could cause a team to reach on Hyatt higher than where he belonged. Returning for his senior year to get stronger was a wise decision to help his draft grade.

Hyatt played well in 2016 and did his job to keep Deshaun Watson healthy. Hyatt had an impressive freshman season as the blind-side protector for Watson in 2015 as well. Not only did he help protect Watson, Hyatt did a nice job of opening holes for Wayne Gallman. Hyatt might be better suited to move inside and play guard as a pro.
Assassin
While I was excited about the idea of the Cowboys drafting one of the better safeties in this year's draft, I'm a bit confused as to why there seems to be such an outcry of how safety is a huge need. When I look at how last season unfolded, the games that didn't go well were results of the lines not producing the way we began to expect them to (i.e. Indianapolis and LA). I also think Jeff Heath makes more plays than some tend to give him credit for. With that in mind, bolstering the D-Line seems absolutely reasonable to me. Do you see it differently? - JAMES MITCHELL / INDIANAPOLIS, IN

Bryan: Defensive backs coach/passing game coordinator Kris Richard agrees with you and that's why they went the direction they did. I like the additions of Christian Covington and Kerry Hyder as well to help the defensive line. Group should be better as a whole.

Rob: That's the way the Cowboys see it, and that was the rationale for the Trysten Hill pick: If the front four is dominant, the safeties will play better on the back end. Historically, safety just hasn't been a high draft or free agent priority. The money and picks have gone mostly to cornerbacks and linemen.
Assassin
Cowboys EVP Stephen Jones said RB Tony Pollard could get "30 plays" in a game.

Here we go again. As if Dallas' overzealous proclamation to get Tavon Austin "a dozen to two dozen" touches per game last year wasn't enough, Jones doubled-down and stated Pollard could get "30 plays" in a game. The rookie out of Memphis is certainly a chess piece capable of shining on special teams all the while making an impact both in the slot and as a ball-carrier, but even Austin eclipsed 20 snaps only once last year. We'll take the under.
SOURCE: Mike Leslie on Twitter
Assassin
Cowboys VP Stephen Jones said the team "feels great" about where Travis Frederick (Guillain-Barre Syndrome) is in his recovery.

The Cowboys drafted Connor McGovern in the third round, but they view him as more of a swing player and future starter. Frederick has been setback-free since returning to the field earlier this month. He looks on track for mandatory OTAs.

SOURCE: Dallas Morning News
BearForce
Assassin said:

Cowboys EVP Stephen Jones said RB Tony Pollard could get "30 plays" in a game.

Here we go again. As if Dallas' overzealous proclamation to get Tavon Austin "a dozen to two dozen" touches per game last year wasn't enough, Jones doubled-down and stated Pollard could get "30 plays" in a game. The rookie out of Memphis is certainly a chess piece capable of shining on special teams all the while making an impact both in the slot and as a ball-carrier, but even Austin eclipsed 20 snaps only once last year. We'll take the under.
SOURCE: Mike Leslie on Twitter

...like father like son
BearForce
Franko
Bob Sturm was a vocal critic of the Connor McGovern pick during and immediately after the draft. But after he watched film on him, he has done an about face. Here is his conclusion after Bob watched his film:

trey3216
Franko said:

Bob Sturm was a vocal critic of the Connor McGovern pick during and immediately after the draft. But after he watched film on him, he has done an about face. Here is his conclusion after Bob watched his film:

Cowboys May have had a 1st round grade on McGovern from what a few guys were saying
Assassin
Franko said:

not sure how Sturm has a job in sports. I think he and Skip Bayless rank neck and neck for bad calls
Assassin
trey3216 said:

Franko said:

Cowboys May have had a 1st round grade on McGovern from what a few guys were saying
Top of the 2nd is what Brodus mentioned
Franko
Assassin said:

Franko said:

not sure how Sturm has a job in sports. I think he and Skip Bayless rank neck and neck for bad calls

Whoa. This is a very bad opinion. I don't always agree with him, but to compare him to Skip is not right. Uggh
First Page Last Page
Page 302 of 845

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.