Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,093,449 Views | 29773 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by BearkatBear
Assassin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thought he might retire:

Raiders hired former Cowboys DC Rod Marinelli as DL coach.

The hiring has been widely expected for weeks, but it is now official. He'll be replacing Brentson Buckner, who was just hired by the Cardinals, and focusing on getting the most out of Maxx Crosby and other defensive linemen. He worked alongside coach Jon Gruden in Tampa Bay. It's an experienced staff
Machiavelli
Assassin said:

Thought he might retire:

The hiring has been widely expected for weeks, but it is now official. He'll be replacing Brentson Buckner, who was just hired by the Cardinals, and focusing on getting the most out of Maxx Crosby and other defensive linemen. He worked alongside coach Jon Gruden in Tampa Bay. It's an experienced staff

I wish he was staying in the division.
Assassin
Machiavelli said:

Assassin said:

Thought he might retire:

I wish he was staying in the division.
oooo, you're mean
Assassin
Making a Case for Teddy Bridgewater
Why the Dallas Cowboys should sign Teddy Bridgewater over Dak Prescott.

As strange as it may sound, the Dallas Cowboys shouldn't be in a big hurry to sign Quarterback Dak Prescott to a long-term extension just yet. They need to explore all options before committing the amount of money Prescott and his representatives are asking for. That includes free agent QBs, like Teddy Bridgewater

Now, before I go any further I want to make it perfectly clear I have nothing against Dak Prescott or the Dallas Cowboys trying to lock him up for the foreseeable future. I will be completely happy to see Prescott in a Cowboys uniform for the rest of his career. Having said that though, I do want to see Dallas do what's best for the team and that might mean letting Dak walk.

Right now, the Dallas Cowboys and Dak Prescott's representatives remain at an impasse as far as contract negotiations go. That is why Adam Schefter reported earlier this week his sources believe the Cowboys will use the franchise tag on Prescott. But according to @Spotrac, the franchise tag is about the same as his current market value.

$33.3 million is a lot of money for one-year of service. However, that's pretty much what Spotrac.com is predicting Dak Prescott will earn per season on a long-term contract anyway. They believe he will sign a five-year, $165,061,201 contract extension that will pay him $33,012,242 annually. I personally think he's asking for $35 million+ a year, but regardless it's a lot of money.

This is where Free Agent QB Teddy Bridgewater comes in.

I truly believe Teddy Bridgewater can come in and have the same kind of success with the Dallas Cowboys, and do it for much cheaper. Spotrac.com predicts Bridgewater's market value at three-year, $60,120,146 and an annual salary of $20,040,049. I don't know about you, but that sounds like a great bargain to me.

If I'm right and Teddy Bridgewater can be just as successful as Dak Prescott, the Dallas Cowboys would be fools to pay more money for the latter. Having approximately $13 million or so to use to upgrade your team in other areas sure would come in handy. They could then use the franchise tag on Amari Cooper and re-sign Byron Jones if they wanted. With Prescott both might not be possible.

This of course is all speculation, but completely plausible. It's something to keep an eye on as contract negotiations continue between the Dallas Cowboys and Dak Prescott's reps and something to store away for future reference if things don't exactly work out between these two in the future. Just remember you heard it here first.

Personally, I believe Teddy Bridgewater gives the Dallas Cowboys a better chance to reach the Super Bowl in the next few years. That extra money saved can be a huge difference maker. And, this is coming from someone who has 100% supported Dak Prescott from Day 1 and will continue to do so if he is locked up long term.
BearForce
Assassin said:

As strange as it may sound, the Dallas Cowboys shouldn't be in a big hurry to sign Quarterback Dak Prescott to a long-term extension just yet. They need to explore all options before committing the amount of money Prescott and his representatives are asking for. That includes free agent QBs, like Teddy Bridgewater

Now, before I go any further I want to make it perfectly clear I have nothing against Dak Prescott or the Dallas Cowboys trying to lock him up for the foreseeable future. I will be completely happy to see Prescott in a Cowboys uniform for the rest of his career. Having said that though, I do want to see Dallas do what's best for the team and that might mean letting Dak walk.

Right now, the Dallas Cowboys and Dak Prescott's representatives remain at an impasse as far as contract negotiations go. That is why Adam Schefter reported earlier this week his sources believe the Cowboys will use the franchise tag on Prescott. But according to @Spotrac, the franchise tag is about the same as his current market value.

$33.3 million is a lot of money for one-year of service. However, that's pretty much what Spotrac.com is predicting Dak Prescott will earn per season on a long-term contract anyway. They believe he will sign a five-year, $165,061,201 contract extension that will pay him $33,012,242 annually. I personally think he's asking for $35 million+ a year, but regardless it's a lot of money.

I truly believe Teddy Bridgewater can come in and have the same kind of success with the Dallas Cowboys, and do it for much cheaper. Spotrac.com predicts Bridgewater's market value at three-year, $60,120,146 and an annual salary of $20,040,049. I don't know about you, but that sounds like a great bargain to me.

If I'm right and Teddy Bridgewater can be just as successful as Dak Prescott, the Dallas Cowboys would be fools to pay more money for the latter. Having approximately $13 million or so to use to upgrade your team in other areas sure would come in handy. They could then use the franchise tag on Amari Cooper and re-sign Byron Jones if they wanted. With Prescott both might not be possible.

This of course is all speculation, but completely plausible. It's something to keep an eye on as contract negotiations continue between the Dallas Cowboys and Dak Prescott's reps and something to store away for future reference if things don't exactly work out between these two in the future. Just remember you heard it here first.

Personally, I believe Teddy Bridgewater gives the Dallas Cowboys a better chance to reach the Super Bowl in the next few years. That extra money saved can be a huge difference maker. And, this is coming from someone who has 100% supported Dak Prescott from Day 1 and will continue to do so if he is locked up long term.

Wichitabear
Wichitabear
Honestly think that would be a great decision. Bridgewater is a step up from Cooper Rush. Maybe 2 or 3 steps lol. Seattle down Bearforce! Did you take a nutty pill?
Assassin
Wichitabear said:

Honestly think that would be a great decision. Bridgewater is a step up from Cooper Rush. Maybe 2 or 3 steps lol. Seattle down Bearforce! Did you take a nutty pill?
Not so much sold on Bridgewater replacing Dak as I was on trading Zeke. He was at a prime time to trade him with 2 rushing titles in the previous 3 years, Raiders needing a star when they arrived in Las Vegas and them having 3 1st round picks.

There was a trade to be made there, there could still be a trade but with the new contract, the hit would be catastrophic

• 2020 Salary Cap Charge: $10,900,000
  • % of 2020 Team Cap: 4.96%
  • 2020 Cash Payout: $19,800,000
  • % of 2020 Team Cash Spending: 15.34%
  • 2020 Cash to Cap Ratio: 1.82
  • Total Contract Value: $90,000,000
  • Annual Contract Value: $15,000,000
  • Position Ranking: 1/183 at RB
  • Fully Guaranteed Money: $28,052,137

• BearForce
    Wichitabear said:

Dak >>>>>>> Teddy
    Assassin
    After three years wearing No. 27, Jourdan Lewis is making a change. Actually, it won't be a new number for Lewis, who is going back to No. 26, the jersey number he wore in college at Michigan.
    Previously, the Cowboys issued No. 26 to safety Josh Jones, who was released near the end of the season.
    Lewis, who tied for the team lead last year with two interceptions, is entering the fourth and final year of his contract and should be a candidate for a starting spot, either as an outside cornerback or in the slot.
    Assassin
    BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

Dak >>>>>>> Teddy
    Brian Martin usually writes some interesting stuff but this was a bit of a reach.

BTW - Brian is a quadriplegic. l worked with a tech in a call center who was a quad, typed using a straw in his mouth on the keyboard. Not sure how Brian does it but he does a lot of it
    BearForce
    Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

Dak >>>>>>> Teddy
    Brian Martin usually writes some interesting stuff but this was a bit of a reach.

BTW - Brian is a quadriplegic. l worked with a tech in a call center who was a quad, typed using a straw in his mouth on the keyboard. Not sure how Brian does it but he does a lot of it

I do like his writing at insidethestar.com but that was an overreach.
    Assassin
    BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

Dak >>>>>>> Teddy

I do like his writing at insidethestar.com but that was an overreach.
    Sometimes writers simply have to put 800 words down to put 800 words down. This may have been one of them
    Assassin
    Both Simmons and Kmet were sitting there and my picks, could have reached for S, but these two were simply so much better, Elliott at 82 and Mims at 120 were great value

17: R1P17
    LB ISAIAH SIMMONS
    CLEMSON

51: R2P19
    TE COLE KMET
    NOTRE DAME

82: R3P18
    DL JORDAN ELLIOTT
    MISSOURI

120: R4P17
    WR DENZEL MIMS
    BAYLOR

164: R5P18
    S GENO STONE
    IOWA

179: R5P33
    S REGGIE FLOYD
    VIRGINIA TECH

231: R7P17
    OT JACK D
    AUBURN
    Assassin
    BTW - I could have had Duverney at 4. But I think Mims is more Micheal Irvin, a possession WR, great hand fighter. I think that suits Daks game better
    Machiavelli
    Assassin said:

BTW - I could have had Duverney at 4. But I think Mims is more Micheal Irvin, a possession WR, great hand fighter. I think that suits Daks game better

I'd way rather have Mims than DD.
    GoldMind
    Assassin said:

Lol no
    Winning by cheating is just as impressive as winning fairly, probably even more so. Your opponent was better than you in every way, and you beat them with your brain.
    BearForce
    17: R1P17
    CB CJ HENDERSON
    FLORIDA

51: R2P19
    DL JUSTIN MADUBUIKE
    TEXAS A&M

82: R3P18
    EDGE CURTIS WEAVER
    BOISE STATE

120: R4P17
    S JULIAN BLACKMON
    UTAH

164: R5P18
    TE STEPHEN SULLIVAN
    LSU

179: R5P33
    WR BINJIMEN VICTOR
    OHIO STATE

231: R7P17
    CB LUQ BARCOO
    SAN DIEGO STATE
    BearForce
    https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/02/07/report-dak-prescott-rejected-33-million-per-year-in-new-money-in-september/
    Machiavelli
    BearForce said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/02/07/report-dak-prescott-rejected-33-million-per-year-in-new-money-in-september/

I love Dak. I've probably been one of his biggest defenders. But if he's not willing to sign something similar to what's already out there, then franchise him this year and find his replacement. He's not a market re-setting QB.
    Wichitabear
    Ditto
    Assassin
    Machiavelli said:

Assassin said:

I'd way rather have Mims than DD.
    very different types of WRs. Mims is very physical, very Michael Irvin while Duverney has a little Cole Beazley 2019 Stats: 106 catches, 1,386 yards, 9 TDs, 10 rushes, 24 yards, 1 TD. Ran a 10.2 100m
    Assassin
    According to Michael Gehlken of the Dallas Morning News, Sean Lee is "leaning toward" playing another season.
    Lee will reportedly take the next five weeks to decide his NFL future, though it's more likely than not the 33-year-old will return for an 11th season. The Cowboys lifer took a pay-cut to remain with Dallas last year and would likely be amenable to a similar discount in 2020. We agree with Gehlken that it would be "difficult to imagine" Lee playing anywhere but Dallas.
    SOURCE: Dallas Morning News
    Feb 7, 2020, 12:55 PM ET
    Assassin
    Cowboys VP Stephen Jones said "things are fixing to heat up" in contract talks with impending free agent Dak Prescott.

"I know he wants to get his contract in the rear view mirror and we want it too," said Jones Thursday. "We are going to have a real urgency to get this done." It seems Prescott, who turned down an extension that would have netted him $33 million annually last offseason, is prepared to play hardball with Dallas, implying he could hold out if the team assigns him the franchise tag. Jones said the Cowboys don't feel any added pressure with Patrick Mahomes likely to reset the quarterback market on his upcoming extension. The Cowboys have their work cut out for them with Dak, Amari Cooper and top corner Byron Jones all coming off the books this offseason.
    Wichitabear
    We didn't even make the playoffs. He rejected the 33 million. Kinda makes my skin crawl. He better be darn good if they get an offer worked out this year!
    GoldMind
    Wichitabear said:

We didn't even make the playoffs. He rejected the 33 million. Kinda makes my skin crawl. He better be darn good if they get an offer worked out this year!

WE had kind of a coaching issue. I want to keep Dak cause I like him.
    Winning by cheating is just as impressive as winning fairly, probably even more so. Your opponent was better than you in every way, and you beat them with your brain.
    Wichitabear
    I like Dak. I just think he needs to be a little more cooperative since we haven't even made a playoff. I really think the Cowboys will get a deal done by training camp.
    GoldMind
    Wichitabear said:

I like Dak. I just think he needs to be a little more cooperative since we haven't even made a playoff. I really think the Cowboys will get a deal done by training camp.

You're implying that he had something to do with it this year, I don't agree. I do think they will get a deal done though.
    trey3216
    Wichitabear said:

The cowboys have made the payoffs twice in Dak's 4 years
    Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
    GoldMind
    trey3216 said:

Wichitabear said:

The cowboys have made the payoffs twice in Dak's 4 years

She was talking about this year I think
    Wichitabear
    Yes I was.
    Wichitabear

I'm not implying that at all. We definitely had no coaching. I guess I just don't want him to whine. Going off to train somewhere else and not with the group. The very year we get a new coach. You guys look at things differently than a woman at times. He has a pretty nice life and he needs to realize others need to paid to have a team. Of course, you guys know more about money and how this whole thing works. I don't get into that deep. I just see a player who wants too much more and it could be tricky getting it. So don't mind me. I just enjoy y'all 's posts and knowledge about football. I don't pretend to know what ya'll know.
    trey3216
    Wichitabear said:

I'm not implying that at all. We definitely had no coaching. I guess I just don't want him to whine. Going off to train somewhere else and not with the group. The very year we get a new coach. You guys look at things differently than a woman at times. He has a pretty nice life and he needs to realize others need to paid to have a team. Of course, you guys know more about money and how this whole thing works. I don't get into that deep. I just see a player who wants too much more and it could be tricky getting it. So don't mind me. I just enjoy y'all 's posts and knowledge about football. I don't pretend to know what ya'll know.
    wasnt trying to get onto you, was just responding with how it was worded. No biggie
    Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
    Wichitabear
    Well, I wasn't exactly talking to you Trey. Kidding. I didn't feel you were getting on to me. Maybe a little. Lolol. You know football. I just tag along.
    boognish_bear
    Michael Irvin is claiming he got this info from "significant" people

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news/cowboys-trading-dak-prescott-and-signing-patriots-qb-tom-brady-being-discussed-by-significant-people-says-michael-irvin
    First Page Last Page
    Page 395 of 851

subscribe Verify your student status
    See Subscription Benefits
    Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.