Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,094,514 Views | 29793 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by DFW Bill
GoldMind
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Assassin said:

GoldMind said:

Context rules everything I believe, and in the context of pro sports, I believe this is a higher quality product than its previous incarnation.
WWW?

I mean the first XFL was just silly entertainment. Although I do remember He Hate Me and Copeland.
Winning by cheating is just as impressive as winning fairly, probably even more so. Your opponent was better than you in every way, and you beat them with your brain.
Assassin
GoldMind said:

Assassin said:

GoldMind said:

Context rules everything I believe, and in the context of pro sports, I believe this is a higher quality product than its previous incarnation.
WWW?

I mean the first XFL was just silly entertainment. Although I do remember He Hate Me and Copeland.
Just having some fun with McMahon's other 'real world'
Assassin
Seems like some good writers are moving over to The Athletic for all sorts of sports. Joined them a few weeks ago

https://theathletic.com/
Hotsauce
The Athletic does fantastic work. One of the only news sources that's still doing actual journalism.
Assassin
Hotsauce said:

The Athletic does fantastic work. One of the only news sources that's still doing actual journalism.
John Machoto did this cool 'return on investment' on QBs after they signed big deals
https://theathletic.com/1613674/2020/02/17/how-will-dak-prescott-play-under-next-contract-heres-what-the-20-largest-qb-extensions-tell-us/
BearForce
Assassin said:

Seems like some good writers are moving over to The Athletic for all sorts of sports. Joined them a few weeks ago

Congrats, can't wait to see your Cowboys articles.
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Congrats, can't wait to see your Cowboys articles.
First one:
Quote:

I am just a cowboy, lonesome on the trail
A starry night, a campfire light
The coyote call and the howling wind wail
So I ride out to the old sundown
I am just a cowboy, lonesome on the trail
Lord, I'm just thinking about a certain female
The nights we spent together riding on the range
Looking back it seems so strange
Roll me over and turn me around
Let me keep spinning 'til I hit the ground
Roll me over and let me go
Riding in the rodeo
I was took in Texas, I did not know her name
Lord, all these southern girls all seem the same
Down below the border in a town in Mexico
I got my job busting broncs in the rodeo
Roll me over and turn me around

Assassin
Trae Waynes as a BJ replacement

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2020/2/17/21141025/the-top-target-for-the-cowboys-in-2020-free-agency-one-name-thats-been-mentioned
Assassin
With the NFL draft a little over two months away, here's what some mock drafts have the Cowboys doing in the first round:
John Owning, The Dallas Morning News (Feb. 3)

The pick: DE A.J. Epenesa Iowa

Notable: "Epenesa isn't the most exciting first-round prospect because he lacks the high-end athleticism that could push his potential through the roof. He isn't the edge-bending speed merchant the Cowboys have used opposite DeMarcus Lawrence, but he is a high-floor prospect who would improve the defense from the moment he walks on the field, especially if Robert Quinn departs for big money elsewhere."

Matt Miller, Bleacher Report (Feb. 3)

The pick: CB C.J. Henderson Florida

Notable: "A feisty, fast cornerback from Florida, Henderson has excellent ball skills and the instincts to be a major factor playing the ball in the pros. He's never going to win awards for his tackling skills, but like Deion Sanders always said, you're not paying cornerbacks to tackle."

Todd McShay, ESPN (Feb. 4)

The pick: S Xavier McKinney Alabama

Notable: "Jerry Jones has quite an offseason ahead of him. Dak Prescott, Amari Cooper, Robert Quinn and Byron Jones headline a talented and expensive list of players headed toward free agency. If cornerback Jones is one of the odd men out, a secondary that mostly held passing offenses at bay but struggled to produce takeaways gets weaker. And the Cowboys have needed a safety since the days when Roy Williams and Darren Woodson roamed the defensive backfield. McKinney has some range as a deep safety he pulled in three interceptions on the back end for Bama last season."

Mel Kiper, ESPN (Feb. 18)

Notable: "For now, I'm betting on[cornerback Byron] Jones being the odd man out among the guys who have to get paid this offseason. That opens up holes at corner, of course, but also accentuates the need at safety, where Dallas has struggled the past few years. The versatile McKinney, who had three interceptions and four forced fumbles last season, is my top-ranked safety in this class."

Daniel Jeremiah, NFL Network (Jan. 29)

Notable: "McKinney is the best safety in the draft, and he addresses a glaring need for the Cowboys."

Bucky Brooks, NFL Network (Jan. 29)

The pick: WR Henry Ruggs III Alabama

Notable: "Adding speed, quickness and playmaking ability to the receiving corps could be a priority with several gifted free agents poised to hit the market."

Lance Zierlein, NFL Network (Jan. 29)

Notable: "Assuming Dallas locks up pending free agent Byron Jones, McKinney would give the 'Boys a versatile, interchangeable safety who can also line up over the slot."

Dane Brugler, The Athletic (Feb. 4)

The pick: S Grant Delpit LSU

Notable: Brugler has Dallas trading its first-round pick (No. 17 overall) to New Orleans for the 24th overall pick in this draft, the 88th overall pick in this draft (third round), a 2021 third-round pick and a 2021 fourth-round pick.

"In this scenario, the Cowboys trade back seven spots, add three draft picks and draft a player they likely would have considered at No. 17 overall. Delpit is far from a perfect prospect, but his coverage awareness and speed allow him to make plays sideline to sideline."

Dan Kadar, SB Nation (Feb. 17)

The pick: DL Marlon Davidson Auburn

Notable: "The ideal pick for the Cowboys is probably Kinlaw. They've needed a pressure-creating defensive tackle for several years. But if he goes a few picks before Dallas comes up, things will get interesting. This may seem early for Davidson and it probably is but never, ever forget that strange and unexpected things happen in the draft. Davidson is a unique player. He started four years at defensive end for Auburn and played standing up a lot last season. But at 280 pounds, he has some intrigue as a gap-shooting interior player."

WalterFootball.com (Feb. 11)

The pick: S Grant Delpit LSU

Notable: "The Cowboys tried to land Earl Thomas last offseason, but they haven't been able to upgrade their hole at safety. Perhaps they'll do that with this pick. Grant Delpit is an exceptional talent who was once considered a top-10 lock, but has struggled a bit in 2019."

Final tally
4: Alabama S Xavier McKinney

2: LSU S Grant Delpit

1: Florida CB C.J. Henderson

1: Iowa DE A.J. Epensa

1: Alabama WR Henry Ruggs III

1: Auburn DL Marlon Davidson

Assassin
btw - assuming the draft has fallen well for you to 17 and you have a group of 7 or more there with similar grades, Bugler's tradeback would be sweet:

Notable: Brugler has Dallas trading its first-round pick (No. 17 overall) to New Orleans for the 24th overall pick in this draft, the 88th overall pick in this draft (third round), a 2021 third-round pick and a 2021 fourth-round pick.
Assassin
From what I can pickup, it's Daks new agents that are holding up the new deal. CAA is notorius for holdouts and holdups. He moved over from Pro Sports in 2018.
Assassin

Tua Tagovailoa Says Cowboys Are Dream Landing Spot Ahead of 2020 NFL Draft
PAUL KASABIAN
FEBRUARY 20, 2020

Alabama quarterback Tua Tagovailoa told Steve Wyche of NFL Network (h/t Blogging the Boys) that he would choose to play on the Dallas Cowboyshis favorite team growing upif possible.

"If you're saying to me if I could choose what team I want to play on as far as my favorite team growing up, then I'd probably tell you the Cowboys, but I mean they're so far down," Tagovailoa said.

The Crimson Tide signal-caller said he's not looking to bump incumbent Cowboys starter Dak Prescott, who Dallas is looking to sign to a lengthy deal per a Feb. 11 report from Ian Rapoport of NFL Network.

The Cowboys also aren't in a position to land Tagovailoa, a likely top-five draft choice, from their spot at No. 17 barring a massive trade.

When asked about a hypothetical situation of backing up someone else to start his career, however, Tagovailoa had this to say: "I'd handle it the way that the coaches there want to handle it. I just want to be able to play again. I wouldn't mind learning under whatever guy that's the starter, give me a whole year to rest up, and then go back out there and compete. But I just want to go out there and play."

Tagovailoa suffered a hip dislocation and posterior wall fracture in a mid-November game against Mississippi State, ending his season.

However, the prognosis is good, with Rapoport reporting Feb. 10 that the fracture has healed and that the hip is "as good as possible." He noted that Tagovailoa is "still a month or so away from football activities."

The latest signs point to Tagovailoa going fifth overall to the Miami Dolphins, who are in search of a signal-caller.

Matt Miller of Bleacher Report wrote the following Feb. 7:

"Speaking of Mr. Tua Tagovailoa...everyone expects him to be a Miami Dolphin when the draft is done. And by 'everyone,' I mean everyone I talk to who has worked or works in the NFL. It's either the worst-kept secret in league history or the best smoke screen ever.

"The Dolphins own the No. 5 overall selection and could be in prime position to draft the former Alabama quarterback, but they also have the draft capital, with six selections in the top 70, to trade up if needed."

Daniel Jeremiah, Bucky Brooks and Lance Zierlein of NFL.com all have Tagovailoa going to the Dolphins in their latest mock drafts.

Tagovailoa's Cowboys dream will be put on hold, but getting selected top five to a rebuilding franchise on the upswing with a treasure trove of draft picks and salary-cap space isn't a bad consolation prize.
Assassin
So, what would the Dolphins offer the Cowboys for Dak?

They have 3 firsts and 2 seconds.... hmmm
GoldMind
Never had anyone explain to me why the Polynesians don't seem to want to be anywhere near a beach once they get stateside. Utah, Euless etc
Winning by cheating is just as impressive as winning fairly, probably even more so. Your opponent was better than you in every way, and you beat them with your brain.
Assassin
Sounds like someone I would want on our team:

Broncos S Justin Simmons:
Played every snap in 2018 & 2019
Led all safeties with 15 PD in 2019
90+ tackles in each of the past two seasons
Excellent range with 7 INT since 2018
Freak athlete who plays on special teams

Total stud currently scheduled to be a free agent.
Assassin
Bears releasing CB Prince Amukamura. Assuming Jones is gone, wondering with PA's market is?
Assassin
Not sure we could afford him if we keep Cooper, but AJ please dont go to Philly

• An NFC executive told ESPN's Jeremy Fowler he thinks free agent A.J. Green "wants out of Cincinnati."
    This doesn't come as a surprise given owner Mike Brown's history of not paying his players. Green has said he wants to avoid the franchise tag and there doesn't look to be much progress on a new deal. After giving Tyler Boyd a four-year, $43 million extension in July, it's possible the rebuilding Bengals let Green walk this offseason. Despite missing all 16 games last year, Green would easily land top-10 receiver money if he hits the open market.
    SOURCE: ESPN
    Feb 21, 2020, 5:25 PM ET

• Assassin
    Reserve/Future Contracts: RB Jordan Chunn, C Marcus Henry, TE Cole Hikutini, WR Tevin Jones, QB Clayton Thorson, DB D.J. White, DE Daniel Wise
    Assassin
    1.) Mike Daniels, defensive tackle. Depending on how Mike McCarthy and the new coaching staff want to build this defensive line, Daniels could be a good option to fortify the middle with his 6-0, 310-pound frame. He spent last year in Detroit but played for McCarthy in Green Bay the previous seven seasons. Daniels, who will turn 31 in May, played in nine games last year and 10 in 2018. He started 14 games in 2017, recording 49 tackles, five sacks, 14 QB hits and 10 tackles for loss.

2.) Damarious Randall, safety. The Packers drafted Randall 30th overall in 2015 to play cornerback. In his first three seasons, he recorded 10 interceptions and 32 pass breakups. He was then traded to Cleveland in March of 2018 in a deal that brought quarterback DeShone Kizer to Green Bay. Randall was then moved to safety with the Browns. He had four interceptions in 2018 but none last year as he missed time with a hamstring injury and one game because of a "coach's decision." The Cowboys need to upgrade at safety, but Randall (5-11, 196) could be a corner option as well if Byron Jones isn't re-signed.

3.) Richard Rodgers, tight end. Green Bay drafted Rodgers in the third round in 2014. In his four seasons with the Packers, he played in all but one game, starting 24. Rodgers had a career year in 2015, catching 58 passes for 510 yards and eight touchdowns. He signed with the Eagles during free agency in 2018 but never made much of an impact, catching only one pass in eight games over the last two seasons. He could make sense in Dallas if the Cowboys decide to part ways with Jason Witten and are looking for an affordable veteran option behind Blake Jarwin.

4.) Marcedes Lewis, tight end. The 35-year-old played in every game for the Packers over the last two years. He had 15 receptions last season for 156 yards and one touchdown. His statistical production in Year 15 probably isn't going to be significant, but he could be another veteran option if Witten is no longer in the mix.

5.) Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, safety. The 2016 Pro Bowler was Green Bay's first-round pick in 2014. He spent last season in Chicago, starting every game and recording two interceptions, five pass breakups and 78 tackles. The Packers traded Clinton-Dix to Washington in Oct. 2018 for a fourth-round pick, so maybe McCarthy is no longer a fan. But if he and the new staff believe Clinton-Dix could pair well with Xavier Woods, this could be a possibility.

6.) Tyler Eifert, tight end. The 2013 first-round pick got off to a hot start, but injuries have caused him to miss significant time. He played his first full season last year, catching 43 passes for 436 yards and three touchdowns. The 2015 Pro Bowler was teammates in college with Zack Martin, and Martin is married to Eifert's sister.

7.) Greg Zuerlein, kicker. Although he's coming off a down year that saw him make only 73 percent of his field goals, Zuerlein isn't far removed from being one of the NFL's best at his position. He has kicked the last eight years for the Rams, who were coached on special teams by John Fassel, Dallas' new special teams coordinator. It's no secret the Cowboys had their share of kicking issues last season. If they decide Kai Forbath isn't their guy going forward, perhaps Fassel will try to get his old kicker on his new team. Playing at least half your games indoors probably doesn't sound bad to the 32-year-old kicker.

8.) Karl Joseph, safety. The Raiders drafted Joseph with the 14th overall pick in 2016. However, they haven't received a great return on their investment, which is why they declined the fifth-year option on his rookie deal. The 5-10, 200-pound strong safety suffered a foot injury last season that caused him to miss seven games. His four-year stat totals: 49 games, 41 starts, four interceptions, 15 pass breakups, three sacks and 236 tackles.

9.) Ndamukong Suh, defensive tackle. This might seem like a long shot considering the Cowboys probably won't be interested in spending a ton, but the five-time Pro Bowler is now 33. He isn't the pass rusher he once was, yet the 6'4, 313-pound Suh remains a good option to clog up the middle. The defensive tackle signed a one-year, $9.2 million deal with Tampa Bay last March. He then started every game, recording 2.5 sacks, 41 tackles, seven tackles for loss and 14 QB hits.

10.) Ibraheim Campbell, safety. Campbell spent most of the last two seasons in Green Bay as a backup, appearing in 10 games. He was also with the Cowboys for a month in 2018, so there is some familiarity with the organization. The 2015 fourth-round pick has no interceptions and one pass breakup in 53 career games. Perhaps the Cowboys could see him as some affordable depth with a chance to earn a bigger role.
    Assassin

Assassin

Assassin
    Cowboys open to bringing back ... David Irving?

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news/exclusive-cowboys-not-ruling-out-a-comeback-for-controversial-david-irving
    Assassin
    Assassin
    Assassin said:

Assassin
    Say it aint so, Byron Jo!

The Dallas Morning News reports Byron Jones is expected to hit free agency.
    The Cowboys met with Jones's agent at the Combine, but there seems to be a "shared understanding" that he won't be re-signed. This doesn't come as a surprise with Dallas prioritizing extensions for Amari Cooper and Dak Prescott. 27-year-old Jones should reset the cornerback market.
    SOURCE: Dallas Morning News
    Feb 28, 2020, 8:29 PM ET
    Assassin
    Assassin said:

Assassin said:

• ESPN's Jean-Jacques Taylor reports suspended DE Randy Gregory has filed for reinstatement.
      It's the first update on Gregory since last August. Gregory is serving an indefinite ban for his fourth violation of the NFL's substance abuse policy. The new CBA which scales back player discipline could help Gregory's chances of getting reinstated.
      SOURCE: ESPN Dallas
      Feb 28, 2020, 7:26 PM ET

Assassin
    Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said he hopes to re-sign free agent Jason Witten.
    "I feel strongly he wants to play, and I think he can," Jones said. "I would hope that he would not ever be anything but a Cowboy. As I sit here right now I think he can make a real contribution." This conflicts with reports the Cowboys aren't expected to re-sign Witten. Dallas should ultimately make Witten an offer, but after playing 75 percent of snaps last year, Witten will need to accept a lesser role to return.
    SOURCE: Fort Worth Star-Telegram
    Feb 28, 2020, 6:04 PM ET
    BaylorRocks
    HOW 'BOUT THEM COWBOYS !

p.s. Where on this site do you go to <ignore> entire threads?

Sic'em
    Wichitabear
    Or jerks like you
    GoldMind
    zunooreo said:

HOW 'BOUT THEM COWBOYS !

Sic'em

You don't click on them at all, dumb****
    Assassin
    zunooreo said:

HOW 'BOUT THEM COWBOYS !

Sic'em
    Its easy.

Push the button at the center here. If it doesnt appear right away, be sure to wait. It will come up in a moment:

Wichitabear
    Lololo
    BearForce
    Dear Dallas Cowboys fam,

Pleas stop quoting zerooreo as I enjoy this board immensely with him on permanent ignore.
    BaylorRocks
    Hey idiots, un-wad your panties. I was asking because of other threads. I'm a Cowboys fan.

HOW 'BOUT THEM (emotionally fragile) COWBOYS !
    Assassin
    BearForce said:

Dear Dallas Cowboys fam,

Pleas stop quoting zerooreo as I enjoy this board immensely with him on permanent ignore.
    Isnt he Waco47's son?
    First Page Last Page
    Page 398 of 852

subscribe Verify your student status
    See Subscription Benefits
    Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.