Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,089,750 Views | 29564 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by Assassin
Assassin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
this new qb has a weird dropback

Wichitabear
It looks like Dallas is going to make a TD. How much do these kids get paid? I'm leaving. Lolol
Wichitabear
Omg. Lolololololo. They fumbled again. I'm leaving, I'm leaving. Llololololol
BearForce
17: R1P17
WR HENRY RUGGS III
ALABAMA

51: R2P19
CB A.J. TERRELL
CLEMSON

82: R3P18
TE COLE KMET
NOTRE DAME

120: R4P17
S GENO STONE
IOWA

164: R5P18
DL BRODERICK WASHINGTON
TEXAS TECH

179: R5P33
EDGE JONATHAN GARVIN
MIAMI

231: R7P17
EDGE BRYCE STERK
MONTANA STATE
Assassin
March 16: Unrestricted free agency begins
March 18: Deadline to submit qualifying offers for restricted free agents
March 18: Free agency and trading period begin
April 17: Deadline for restricted free agents to sign offer sheets
April 23-25: NFL Draft Las Vegas, Nev.
April 27: NFL teams may begin contacting, trying out and signing XFL players
July 15: Deadline for players under franchise tags to sign multiyear deals
Aug. 6: Hall of Fame Game Canton, Ohio
Sept. 5: Deadline for rosters to be trimmed to 53 players
BearForce
17: R1P17
WR CEEDEE LAMB
OKLAHOMA
He was there...had to take him

51: R2P19
EDGE JOSH UCHE
MICHIGAN
Hopefully not my Taco...shows better on tape

82: R3P18
CB JAYLON JOHNSON
UTAH

120: R4P17
S GENO STONE
IOWA

164: R5P18
DL BRAVVION ROY
BAYLOR

179: R5P33
OT CHARLIE HECK
NORTH CAROLINA
Swing OT prospect to cut Flemming

231: R7P17
CB AMIK ROBERTSON
LOUISIANA TECH
Wichitabear
Ok because CD Isn't getting many points at the combine.
Assassin

Assassin
Amari Cooper on @1053thefan : I want to be a Dallas Cowboy for life.
Assassin
Dak bought the entire Dallas Renegades Studio 3 headphones

BearForce
Assassin said:

I want him to show up for every game...
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

I want him to show up for every game...
Apparently he had a really nasty bone bruise that very few folks knew about. Those can be very painful
Assassin

Assassin
Mike McCarthy: "I want 6 rushers and I want 4 inside players (on the defensive line). ... We're going to score points, so we better have enough pass rushers on our team because we're going to be in those kinds of games. ... It's fun to score 35 points every game, but it's hard."
Assassin
SI.com

Exclusive: What G Ron Leary Says About Possible Return To Cowboys

Mike Fisher
6 hours ago

FRISCO - Do the Dallas Cowboys need another offensive lineman who can provide leadership, bully pponents and maybe do so in an affordable way?
Ron Leary would like to provide some answers.
"Dallas is home and always will be home,'' Leary tells CowboysSI.com on the eve of the Denver Broncos declining to pick up an option that will make him an NFL free agent. "So I'm open. But I understand this is a business.''
The business of football is of course how Leary left Dallas in the first place, via a rich four-year $36-million contract given to him by Denver in .... And the business of football in Dallas could block a return.
The Cowboys in many ways seem loaded in the O-line. In addition to top-notch starters Tyron Smith, Travis Frederick, Zack Martin and La'el Collins, there is promise from starting left guard Connor Williams and from young reserve Connor McGovern.
But once upon a time, Leary flat beat out the talented Collins (who is now a standout at right tackle) at left guard. And Williams has position flex ... as does McGovern, who hasn't played a down yet.
Backup Joe Looney is a free agent. That alone could provide a spot for Leary, who tells us his health leaves him ready to compete.
"I've been a little banged up,'' says Leary, who is about to turn 31. "Last year I was coming back from an Achilles and I didn't expect to play as well as I did, but blessed to come back from that without any issues.
"And now? I Honestly can say this healthiest I've been the last two years. I feel great, my body feels great. This is my first offseason in two years that I'm training and not rehabbing.
"I've got a lot left in the tank and a lot left to prove.''
It's possible Dallas will remain committed to the two Connors. But if the Cowboys could acquire a guard who can beat out Williams? Then maybe the youngster becomes a utility guy here, even at swing tackle. It's also possible that while Dallas might try to get a cap-friendly bargain here, some other bidder could look at Leary's resume as a tough guy on the field and a chemistry guy off of it and grant him one more big bite of the financial apple.
"I love Dallas,'' Leary tells us. "All I can really speak to beyond that is that I'm a free agent, I'm open, and we will see what happens.''

BearForce
Assassin said:

Mike McCarthy: "I want 6 rushers and I want 4 inside players (on the defensive line). ... We're going to score points, so we better have enough pass rushers on our team because we're going to be in those kinds of games. ... It's fun to score 35 points every game, but it's hard."

So draft CD Lamb and go full Briles...got it
BearForce
Assassin said:

SI.com

Mike Fisher
6 hours ago

FRISCO - Do the Dallas Cowboys need another offensive lineman who can provide leadership, bully pponents and maybe do so in an affordable way?
"Dallas is home and always will be home,'' Leary tells CowboysSI.com on the eve of the Denver Broncos declining to pick up an option that will make him an NFL free agent. "So I'm open. But I understand this is a business.''
The business of football is of course how Leary left Dallas in the first place, via a rich four-year $36-million contract given to him by Denver in .... And the business of football in Dallas could block a return.
The Cowboys in many ways seem loaded in the O-line. In addition to top-notch starters Tyron Smith, Travis Frederick, Zack Martin and La'el Collins, there is promise from starting left guard Connor Williams and from young reserve Connor McGovern.
But once upon a time, Leary flat beat out the talented Collins (who is now a standout at right tackle) at left guard. And Williams has position flex ... as does McGovern, who hasn't played a down yet.
Backup Joe Looney is a free agent. That alone could provide a spot for Leary, who tells us his health leaves him ready to compete.
"I've been a little banged up,'' says Leary, who is about to turn 31. "Last year I was coming back from an Achilles and I didn't expect to play as well as I did, but blessed to come back from that without any issues.
"And now? I Honestly can say this healthiest I've been the last two years. I feel great, my body feels great. This is my first offseason in two years that I'm training and not rehabbing.
It's possible Dallas will remain committed to the two Connors. But if the Cowboys could acquire a guard who can beat out Williams? Then maybe the youngster becomes a utility guy here, even at swing tackle. It's also possible that while Dallas might try to get a cap-friendly bargain here, some other bidder could look at Leary's resume as a tough guy on the field and a chemistry guy off of it and grant him one more big bite of the financial apple.
"I love Dallas,'' Leary tells us. "All I can really speak to beyond that is that I'm a free agent, I'm open, and we will see what happens.''

Williams becomes your swing OT

McGovern is your swing OG

Leary becomes the starting RG--at the right price
Machiavelli
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

SI.com

Mike Fisher
6 hours ago

I don't think Leary has much tread left.
BearForce
Machiavelli said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

SI.com

Mike Fisher
6 hours ago

I don't think Leary has much tread left.

That's why you do a thread check
Wichitabear
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

SI.com

Mike Fisher
6 hours ago

didn't he have some kind of inherited problem with his knees?
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

SI.com

Mike Fisher
6 hours ago

didn't he have some kind of inherited problem with his knees?

Allegedly yes...and then somehow he was able to continue playing.
trey3216
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

SI.com

Mike Fisher
6 hours ago

No , he would be LG. No one is taking Zack Martin's spot ar RG
BearForce
trey3216 said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

SI.com

Mike Fisher
6 hours ago

No , he would be LG. No one is taking Zack Martin's spot ar RG

Agree, typo on my part
Wichitabear
Timbear
Speaking of Dak, if he is stupid enough to turn down $33 M per with $105 M guaranteed, than he deserves the franchise tag, and Dallas should draft a QB to start preparing for a post Dak world in Big D.
Machiavelli
Timbear said:

Speaking of Dak, if he is stupid enough to turn down $33 M per with $105 M guaranteed, than he deserves the franchise tag, and Dallas should draft a QB to start preparing for a post Dak world in Big D.

So you think he deserves less than Goff?
BearForce
Timbear said:

https://1053thefan.radio.com/articles/news/report-cowboys-offer-dak-33-million-105-million-guaranteed?dfpvars%5Bapp%5D=true&app=true
Timbear
Just because one team overpays doesn't mean that that salary should set the market. Seriously, Dak knows the Dallas offer is plenty of money. His agent just wants more $. The Cowboys should stand their ground.
BearForce
Timbear said:

Just because one team overpays doesn't mean that that salary should set the market. Seriously, Dak knows the Dallas offer is plenty of money. His agent just wants more $. The Cowboys should stand their ground.

Then trade him and start over...
Wichitabear
Wow, I don't know what I'd do.
Franko
I tend to think that when you have a really good to great QB, you pay what it takes to keep them. But I've mentioned before that since 1995, no team has won a SB with a QB that takes up more than 12% of the salary cap. If the media reports about what Dak will likely get puts him at over 17% of the cap.
Timbear
No one is saying trade him. Of course not. Franchise tag him, draft a good QB to develop, and see what happens. It's all a crap shoot.
GoldMind
Franko said:

I tend to think that when you have a really good to great QB, you pay what it takes to keep them. But I've mentioned before that since 1995, no team has won a SB with a QB that takes up more than 12% of the salary cap. If the media reports about what Dak will likely get puts him at over 17% of the cap.

Time to break the streak
Winning by cheating is just as impressive as winning fairly, probably even more so. Your opponent was better than you in every way, and you beat them with your brain.
BearForce
Timbear said:

No one is saying trade him. Of course not. Franchise tag him, draft a good QB to develop, and see what happens. It's all a crap shoot.

You aren't drafting a good QB at 17...if you dont want to pay the guy or dont believe in the guy, non-exclusive franchise tag him and then shop him. Maybe the Dolphins give you #5 and #18 which then allows you to draft a top QB.
First Page Last Page
Page 400 of 845

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.