Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,095,993 Views | 29952 Replies | Last: 9 min ago by BusyTarpDuster2017
BearForce
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Greedy has support in the locker room

Sports Illustrated: Aikman Reveals Sean Lee's Locker-Room View On Dak.
https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news/troy-aikman-reveals-sean-lee-locker-room-view-dallas-cowboys-leadership-qb-dak-prescott
I just think if he doesn't show up to play, locker room attitude will change.

He will play under the tag so he will show up.
Wichitabear
BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news/troy-aikman-reveals-sean-lee-locker-room-view-dallas-cowboys-leadership-qb-dak-prescott

so what was all that talk about not showing up for training camp
BearForce
Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

He could do that...I thought you meant the regular season.
Wichitabear
BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

well I kinda was asking that because if he doesn't show up for training camp, how effective could he be when the games start. Timing is everything no?
Wichitabear
You know I'm a little ditsy so...,. Lolol
BearForce
Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

well I kinda was asking that because if he doesn't show up for training camp, how effective could he be when the games start. Timing is everything no?

To your point that is why I don't think he does hold out.
BearForce
Wichitabear said:

You know I'm a little ditsy so...,. Lolol

Not at all...just gotta get Assassin straight...
Wichitabear
Lolol no getting him straight. Honestly, such a good person. So much potential Lolol
Assassin
BearForce said:

what is the purpose of waiting?
On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Assassin
BearForce said:

Greedy Dak, "Todd, maybe I can get more than 50% of the cap. Let me see if I can get Sean Lee to retire, more money for MEEEEE!"
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Assassin
What does drafting Neville Gallimore mean for Trysten Hill? After an up-and-down rookie year, does Hill have a clean slate with the new coaching staff and how do you think he fits into their style of play? CORY TULL / BOSTON, MA

Nick: I think had Trysten Hill had a really great rookie season, you would still see them draft Gallimore. They had a very high second-round grade on him and he fell to the bottom-half of the third round. The Cowboys would love for Hill and Gallimore to become the starters on the line at one point but it won't be right now. Poe and McCoy will likely handle those duties now but if both of those guys can develop into suitable backups, that would help the depth moving forward.

Rob: I realize the Cowboys have brought in larger, space-eating defensive tackles this offseason, and former defensive coordinator Rod Marinelli placed more of an emphasis on smaller, quicker tackles. But if you look strictly at the measurables, Gallimore and Hill are both around 6-2 to 6-3, 305-310 pounds. Hill has the frame to be a physical player, but I imagine the Cowboys would like him to get stronger. That stood out in the snaps he did play last year, but it's also understandable for a 21-year-old player. He'll get a chance to show what he can do
Wichitabear
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Greedy Dak, "Todd, maybe I can get more than 50% of the cap. Let me see if I can get Sean Lee to retire, more money for MEEEEE!"
lololol
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

No clue
Wichitabear
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

No clue
what took ya so long? Lol
BearForce
trey3216
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

To pick up $7mm in cap space by spreading his due $14mm over 2 years
Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
Assassin
trey3216 said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

To pick up $7mm in cap space by spreading his due $14mm over 2 years
Officially, the Dallas Cowboys just gained $7 million in 2020 salary cap space as sources tell CowboysSI.com that the post-June 1 retirement of All-Pro center Travis Frederick is now - as of June 4 - a done deal.

The Cowboys were faced with two options here: They could take the full cap hit this year, which would cost $11.04 million (and result in a savings of only $935,000). Or, the Cowboys could wait until after June 1 at which time he would file his paperwork and the team would place him on the Reserve/Retired List.

That action - which would allow Dallas to spread the impact of the cap hit over the course of two years, thus saving $7 million this year but having him count against the 2021 cap to the tune of $6 million - is the one the Cowboys have chosen.

Cowboys sources tell us there is no correlation between the brief delay on Frederick's paperwork and the fact the team has yet to sign first-round pick CeeDee Lamb or any of the club's other recent selections in the 2020 NFL Draft. The Cowboys were believed to have about $4 million in cap room before the Frederick transaction and now have about $11 million in room.
Assassin
Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones scores with Amazon deal in Frisco

Blue Star Land inks an Amazon lease in its Preston Road business park.

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/real-estate/2020/06/02/cowboys-owner-jerry-jones-scores-with-amazon-deal-in-frisco/
Assassin

Pinning Four 2019 Losses on Kicking Game

When a new coordinator takes over a unit, more often than not, a change was needed. If not, there probably wouldn't have been a new coach in the first place. And there is no exception to that rule in terms of the Cowboys' special teams in 2019.

The unit wasn't just inconsistent, but downright costly to the Cowboys' success on too many occasions, especially for a team that finished 8-8 and finished one game out of making the playoffs.

Plain and simple, special teams cost the Cowboys a chance to win in at least four games and perhaps more.

Against the Packers in Week 5, the Cowboys trailed by 10 in the final two minutes but kicker Brett Maher missed a 34-yard field goal to prevent any chance for an onside kick and getting the game to a one-score possession.

Against the Jets the next week, Maher did make a 62-yard field goal, but missed one from 40 in an eventual two-point loss.

Against the Giants in New York, the Cowboys gave up 181 kickoff return yards. Against Minnesota the next week, mass confusion occurred on the sideline at the end of the game. Tavon Austin signaled for a fair catch despite having plenty of room to return a punt and perhaps give the Cowboys a chance to win the game.

And there was New England, where the Cowboys had a punt blocked that led to the Patriots only touchdown. Dallas also couldn't figure out the wind and rain as the weather elements caused all sorts of problems handling kickoffs.

Of those five games, the Cowboys lost four of them. One of those plays might have changed the outcome and that might've been the difference in making the playoffs or sitting home, as the Cowboys did once again.
Wichitabear
Assassin said:

Pinning Four 2019 Losses on Kicking Game

When a new coordinator takes over a unit, more often than not, a change was needed. If not, there probably wouldn't have been a new coach in the first place. And there is no exception to that rule in terms of the Cowboys' special teams in 2019.

The unit wasn't just inconsistent, but downright costly to the Cowboys' success on too many occasions, especially for a team that finished 8-8 and finished one game out of making the playoffs.

Plain and simple, special teams cost the Cowboys a chance to win in at least four games and perhaps more.

Against the Packers in Week 5, the Cowboys trailed by 10 in the final two minutes but kicker Brett Maher missed a 34-yard field goal to prevent any chance for an onside kick and getting the game to a one-score possession.

Against the Jets the next week, Maher did make a 62-yard field goal, but missed one from 40 in an eventual two-point loss.

Against the Giants in New York, the Cowboys gave up 181 kickoff return yards. Against Minnesota the next week, mass confusion occurred on the sideline at the end of the game. Tavon Austin signaled for a fair catch despite having plenty of room to return a punt and perhaps give the Cowboys a chance to win the game.

And there was New England, where the Cowboys had a punt blocked that led to the Patriots only touchdown. Dallas also couldn't figure out the wind and rain as the weather elements caused all sorts of problems handling kickoffs.

Of those five games, the Cowboys lost four of them. One of those plays might have changed the outcome and that might've been the difference in making the playoffs or sitting home, as the Cowboys did once again.
like I said, I am so looking forward to this new coaching staff. You know it's bad but sometimes you don't realize how bad it really was until you look at these summaries.
Assassin
You want to know about 'luck of the draw'?

As the AFL-NFL merger approached....
Although the AFC teams quickly decided on a divisional alignment along mostly geographic lines, the 13 NFC owners had trouble deciding which teams would play in which divisions. The NFL had recently gone to four divisions of four teams each in 1967. Many NFC teams were attempting to avoid placement in a division with the Cowboys and/or the Vikings, and were trying to angle their way into the same division as the Saints, the weakest team in professional football at the time. The 49ers and Rams, both in California, were guaranteed to be in the same division as the only NFC teams west of the Rocky Mountains. One early proposal would have put the two California teams together with the three Northeast teamsthe New York Giants, Philadelphia Eagles and Washington Redskinsreminiscent of the Western Conference's Coastal Division which had put L.A. and S.F. together with Baltimore and Atlanta from 19671969. The final five proposals were as follows:

PLAN 1: East: NYG, PHI, WAS, ATL, MIN; Central: CHI, GB, DET, NO; West: LA, SF, DAL, STL.
PLAN 2: East: NYG, PHI, WAS, MIN; Central: ATL, DAL, NO, STL; West: LA, SF, CHI, GB, DET.
PLAN 3: East: NYG, PHI, WAS, DAL, STL: Central: CHI, GB, DET, MIN; West: LA, SF, ATL, NO.
PLAN 4: East: NYG, PHI, WAS, STL, MIN; Central: CHI, GB, DET, ATL; West: LA, SF, DAL, NO.
PLAN 5: East: NYG, PHI, WAS, DET, MIN; Central: CHI, GB, DAL, STL; West: LA, SF, ATL, NO.

These five combinations were written up on slips of paper, sealed into envelopes and put into a fish bowl (other sources say a flower vase), and the official NFC alignment 'Plan 3' was pulled out by Rozelle's secretary, Thelma Elkjer.
GoldMind
Man, I leave for 3 weeks and come
back to a mess
Winning by cheating is just as impressive as winning fairly, probably even more so. Your opponent was better than you in every way, and you beat them with your brain.
BearForce
ComradeGoldMind said:

back to a mess

Welcome back, and by the way we drafted Cee Dee Lamb
GoldMind
BearForce said:

ComradeGoldMind said:

back to a mess

Man, just when I had convinced myself we might not have to score 30 a game, you go and remind me.
Winning by cheating is just as impressive as winning fairly, probably even more so. Your opponent was better than you in every way, and you beat them with your brain.
Wichitabear
???? What
BearForce
ComradeGoldMind said:

BearForce said:

ComradeGoldMind said:

back to a mess

Man, just when I had convinced myself we might not have to score 30 a game, you go and remind me.
#Team40Burger!
BearForce
Wichitabear said:

???? What
GoldMind
Who's our new DC?
BearForce
ComradeGoldMind said:

Who's our new DC?
Mike Nolan
Wichitabear
BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

???? What

I'm putting you on ignore. Lol
BearForce
Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

???? What

I'm putting you on ignore. Lol
Wichitabear
Wichitabear
I guess BearForce thought I was serious. Lolol.
BearForce
Wichitabear said:

I guess BearForce thought I was serious. Lolol.
LOL
Assassin
Well, it's that time of the year...

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/mockdraft/

DAL 27. Paulson Adebo CB Stanford
DAL 59. Dimitri Moore LB Vanderbilt
DAL 91. Chaz Surratt LB North Carolina
DAL 123. Delarrin Turner-Yell S Oklahoma
DAL 219. Kevin Jarvis OT Michigan State

First Page Last Page
Page 437 of 856

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.