Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,051,267 Views | 29499 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Assassin
trey3216
How long do you want to ignore this user?
GoldMind said:

trey3216 said:

GoldMind said:

trey3216 said:

GoldMind said:

trey3216 said:

GoldMind said:

Glad we drafted Lamb to keep the doodoo browns from dripping 50 on us.

Again, 1 player wasn't getting us anywhere this year. Chiasson wasn't making this defense a winner.

It's clear to me Defense is a massive problem, what you think?

There's no doubt it is. But Chiasson was not going to be a help in this defense. Not at all. I oils with been a completely wasted pick.

We we'd be in the exact same spot were in now.

Aight.
yes. We'd be in exactly the same spot we are right now with Chiasson on the team and not Lamb. We'd probably be even worse actually

Then what's it gonna take to stop this madness? Jones dying?

Not having 4 starters and 3 key backups hurt. Not drafting Taco Charlton because Rod Marinelli thinks he's a can of Play-Dough to be molded into a fierce warrior. Will McClay not missing on some key picks 3 straight years.
Jackie Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
BearForce
So, when you think of it, we are really in a bad spot in that as bad as we are we are in division that is so bad we may not be able to tank hard enough and not win it which means by definition you end up with the 18 pick which is basically where we were last year. With that said here are some things I would probably consider at this point:

1. Bench Poe and get the young draft picks into the game, e.g. Gallimore, Anae, Robinson, etc. If our defense is going to be ****ed up then let the young guys learn with live snaps and get the salary stealers off the field.
2. If you are truly committed to win at all cost then go ahead and bite the bullet and bring in Earl Thomas or Eric Reed, and while you're at it when he gets reinstated go after David Irving, since weed isn't a thing with the NFL anymore and he does perform on the field.
3. If Terrance Steele sees the field before Knight then Joe Philbin should be lined up in front of a firing squad.

That is just a start...I'm sure we can all collectively come up with more...
BearForce
trey3216 said:

GoldMind said:

trey3216 said:

GoldMind said:

trey3216 said:

GoldMind said:

trey3216 said:

GoldMind said:

Again, 1 player wasn't getting us anywhere this year. Chiasson wasn't making this defense a winner.

There's no doubt it is. But Chiasson was not going to be a help in this defense. Not at all. I oils with been a completely wasted pick.

We we'd be in the exact same spot were in now.

Aight.
yes. We'd be in exactly the same spot we are right now with Chiasson on the team and not Lamb. We'd probably be even worse actually

Then what's it gonna take to stop this madness? Jones dying?

Not having 4 starters and 3 key backups hurt. Not drafting Taco Charlton because Rod Marinelli thinks he's a can of Play-Dough to be molded into a fierce warrior. Will McClay not missing on some key picks 3 straight years.
What's funny is Taco is actually playing decently for the Chiefs and we were about to put Tristan Hill in the same category which tells me that good ole Rod was likely the problem.
Wichitabear
GoldMind said:

trey3216 said:

GoldMind said:

They sure aren't good. But CeeDee was still a good draft pick for us.
Assassin
I've got a twitch in my toe. I can't stop it...

On Facebook at "Memories of...":
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music. Come see us!
Aliceinbubbleland
One of the funnier things posted here. Did they catch him?
Wichitabear
Assassin said:

I've got a twitch in my toe. I can't stop it...

that is funny
GoldMind

My boy knows what the **** is up.
Winning by cheating is just as impressive as winning fairly, probably even more so. Your opponent was better than you in every way, and you beat them with your brain.
BearForce
Painful but insightful defensive focused all 22 from Sunday analysis by Voch.

Assassin
A big reason the Panthers are 2-2 heading into Sunday's game against Atlanta has been the improvement of the defense. A big reason for that is defensive coordinator Phil Snow. First-round pick Derrick Brown calls Snow ''untraditional'' and a ''genius about the game.''
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music. Come see us!
BearForce
Assassin said:

A big reason the Panthers are 2-2 heading into Sunday's game against Atlanta has been the improvement of the defense. A big reason for that is defensive coordinator Phil Snow. First-round pick Derrick Brown calls Snow ''untraditional'' and a ''genius about the game.''
Was there any doubt...Snow has forgotten more about defense than we have ever known.
BearForce
Ouch
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Was there any doubt...Snow has forgotten more about defense than we have ever known.
would have loved to see Rhule with Dallas (if he really wanted to leave the Bears)

BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

would have loved to see Rhule with Dallas (if he really wanted to leave the Bears)

Jerry would have never given him that money, contract length, and control. plus Jerry seems to have soured on coaches coming from college.
Assassin
Did you see that Chaisson got another tackle last week? 7 tackles so far in 2020.... that's 1.75 per game.
Wichitabear
BearForce said:

Ouch

shut up Troy. Looking at quote on bottom. Like a knife to the heart.
BearForce
Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Ouch

It's the truth...
Wichitabear
BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Ouch

It's the truth...
I know but I just don't always want to hear it! We know we suck. Bad.
Green&GoldStandard
Is Jerry Jones dead yet???
BearForce
Can he drop by the Star in Frisco?

https://twitter.com/LawsNation/status/1314213808802467844]
trumpetbear
Assassin
Assuming we pay Greedy Dak waaaaay too much money next season so he can drive a solid gold Mercedes while the poor OL fellas have to ride bicycles to practice, then I think we need to spend at least one top pick on OT. Trade off one of the WRs for OL or top draft pick help. Kinda think it should be Cooper if we havent leveraged the pay so we cannot trade him.

Last draft - CeeDee is gonna be a killa! Diggs is gonna be really good. Not sure about great but the kid has great raw talent. Gallimore? What the heck? I thought for sure he was gonna be in the rotation, Poe has looked like crap. A whopping 3 tackles... Let Neville loose!

Reggie Robinson - school is still out on him until we see more.

Tyler Badass has been pretty darn solid. What you expect from a Wisconsin dairy farmers grandkid. 3rd team C might turn out to be next seasons starter. If he is, Lamb, Diggs and Badass would be starters from this draft class. Gallimore maybe

Would like to see Anea on the active roster see what we have. DiNucci too
BearForce
Assassin said:

Assuming we pay Greedy Dak waaaaay too much money next season so he can drive a solid gold Mercedes while the poor OL fellas have to ride bicycles to practice, then I think we need to spend at least one top pick on OT. Trade off one of the WRs for OL or top draft pick help. Kinda think it should be Cooper if we havent leveraged the pay so we cannot trade him.

Last draft - CeeDee is gonna be a killa! Diggs is gonna be really good. Not sure about great but the kid has great raw talent. Gallimore? What the heck? I thought for sure he was gonna be in the rotation, Poe has looked like crap. A whopping 3 tackles... Let Neville loose!

Tyler Badass has been pretty darn solid. What you expect from a Wisconsin dairy farmers grandkid. 3rd team C might turn out to be next seasons starter. If he is, Lamb, Diggs and Badass would be starters from this draft class. Gallimore maybe

I think this roster is in so bad a shamble that you have to let Dak walk but here is the killer...you can't win this division and end up with the 18th pick as you won't get a top flight QB that you will have a 5th year option on.

You also need to contemplate a fire sale on some of these players you now have a couple years on their contract such as Zeke and Jaylen Smith.

I think you need to throw the Reggie Robinson's, Bradley Anae's, and Gallimore's out there and let them play so you can figure out what you have.

No trading of any picks, including compensatory picks and you need to acquire more picks if you can.

As much as I hate to say this, but since you paid Cooper, you probably need to trade Gallup while he still has a nice rook contract and performance that could get you some significant draft capital. Wilson can be the #3 WR with Cooper and Lamb.
trey3216
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

I think this roster is in so bad a shamble that you have to let Dak walk but here is the killer...you can't win this division and end up with the 18th pick as you won't get a top flight QB that you will have a 5th year option on.

You also need to contemplate a fire sale on some of these players you now have a couple years on their contract such as Zeke and Jaylen Smith.

I think you need to throw the Reggie Robinson's, Bradley Anae's, and Gallimore's out there and let them play so you can figure out what you have.

No trading of any picks, including compensatory picks and you need to acquire more picks if you can.

As much as I hate to say this, but since you paid Cooper, you probably need to trade Gallup while he still has a nice rook contract and performance that could get you some significant draft capital. Wilson can be the #3 WR with Cooper and Lamb.

They'll cut Jaylon after June 1st and take a small cap hit since his contract is very favorable.
Jackie Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
BearForce
trey3216 said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

They'll cut Jaylon after June 1st and take a small cap hit since his contract is very favorable.

Even better and that is what they should have done with Crawford this year.
BearForce
From Yahoo

Wichitabear
BearForce said:

From Yahoo

I really like Gallup. I sure would hate to let him go.
Wichitabear
Are we going to end up like the Cleveland Browns of old?
Assassin
So is there a way to sign Dak to an extension with the intent of trading?
BearForce
Assassin said:

So is there a way to sign Dak to an extension with the intent of trading?

All parties would have to agree to terms before hand.
trumpetbear
Welp, there it is. Tyron Smith done for the year.

Wichitabear
trumpetbear said:

crap, things just keep getting worse. Just need to cancel season. Lol
Assassin
trumpetbear said:

Assuming we sign Dak, this moves OT to the top of the draft board. If we trade him off, I think Rd 2 or 3 for OT.
Assassin
Assassin said:

trumpetbear said:

Assuming we sign Dak, this moves OT to the top of the draft board. If we trade him off, I think Rd 2 or 3 for OT.
One thing Dak is lacking, is pocket presence. The Drew Brees and Aaron Rodgers seem to be able to feel the guy coming up from behind. My gut tells me that it's a peripheral vision that tells them once the D has left their visual area, they have to move up in the pocket after a second or so. Whereas Dak stands like a statue.

Assassin
Cowboys also claimed a third-year tackle, Greg Senat, off Cleveland's practice squad earlier this week to help with their numbers.

Senat is a 6-6, 305-pound tackle, officially in his third NFL season. Senat entered the NFL as a sixth-round pick (212th overall) by the Baltimore Ravens in 2018. Following roster cuts last season, he was claimed off of waivers by the Kansas City Chiefs and spent most of 2019 on injured reserve. He attended Wagner and was raised in Elmont, N.Y.
First Page Last Page
Page 476 of 843

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.