Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,091,456 Views | 29625 Replies | Last: 1 min ago by BearForce
BearForce
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Assassin said:

CeeDee already our most prolific rookie Wr at 47 catches. And he did it with 6 games left to play!

But you know full well we should have drafted some defensive player /s
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Honestly Cincy would be stupid to pass on Sewell. That would give them a all pro left OT for the next decade to protect Burrow's blind side.

Jets take Lawrence, Jax takes Fields, Cincy takes Sewell, and then we hold #4 hostage for whoever wants Wilson or Lance.
Trading back makes the most sense if in the bottom few.

I am still curious who might be available in FA due to tye reduced cap cuts. And who we will need to cut to get there. Who do you see us having to cut to accommodate Daks contract and a lower cap?

That is a mystery for me too...i think you are going to see some contract restructures.
Assassin
BearForce said:

feel the same way my friend and thank you!

So how do you feel about maybe looking at a WR in say round 3 assuming you have multiple picks. I say that because I think at some point you are cutting Cooper or trading Gallup but not paying them both. That and as much as I love Gallup, and did coming out of Colo St, the drops are starting to get alarming.

Also, I am starting to wonder the same thing around the same round for RB too in prepping for letting Zeke go in 2022ish to avoid a Demarco Murray fall off while having someone to team up with Pollard until his contract comes up.
I think that Zeke will end up getting cut after 2021, just like Basick said. I was taking Pooka Williams in most of my mocks. He decided to retire for the rest of his college career and rest up for the draft. Kinda Pollard like in his acceleration. Not very big but a slippery runner and receiver

I havent really looked at receivers but I need too
On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
trey3216
Assassin said:

105.3 The Fan's Mike Bacsik foresees: The club cutting bait with its $90 million workhorse following the 2021 season.
Bacsik took to the airwaves Friday to predict Elliott's eventual ouster in a salary cap-driven move by a front office that, he argues, mistakenly invested in a devalued NFL position and an "average running back."
Via 105.3 The Fan:
Quote:

"I think when we get to the end of the 2021 season, the Cowboys will look to release Ezekiel Elliott. I think they're going to look at their financial aspect because I think they are committed to Dak [Prescott] being the quarterback of the future. And I think they're going to just look at financially and look at his production and go, 'Guys, it might be best to take a hit now and open up money for later.'
"I think we're going to start hearing whispers out of Frisco that there's a possibility that the Cowboys are going to release Elliott after the 2021 season. And it will be a financial hit. But I think they're looking at it going, 'We can't keep paying this every year to a guy who is at best an average running back.'"

Which is exactly why his contract was done in that manner. I've been saying that since the contract was signed 16 months ago.
Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
BearForce
trey3216 said:

Assassin said:

105.3 The Fan's Mike Bacsik foresees: The club cutting bait with its $90 million workhorse following the 2021 season.
Bacsik took to the airwaves Friday to predict Elliott's eventual ouster in a salary cap-driven move by a front office that, he argues, mistakenly invested in a devalued NFL position and an "average running back."
Via 105.3 The Fan:
Quote:

"I think when we get to the end of the 2021 season, the Cowboys will look to release Ezekiel Elliott. I think they're going to look at their financial aspect because I think they are committed to Dak [Prescott] being the quarterback of the future. And I think they're going to just look at financially and look at his production and go, 'Guys, it might be best to take a hit now and open up money for later.'
"I think we're going to start hearing whispers out of Frisco that there's a possibility that the Cowboys are going to release Elliott after the 2021 season. And it will be a financial hit. But I think they're looking at it going, 'We can't keep paying this every year to a guy who is at best an average running back.'"

Which is exactly why his contract was done in that manner. I've been saying that since the contract was signed 16 months ago.
Yep

Dallas Cowboys RB Trouble: Escape Clause in Zeke's Contract? (sportdfw.com)

Assassin
trey3216 said:

Assassin said:

Quote:

I was all for trading him B4 he signed that extension. It would have been the perfect time, we would have got some really nice players and/or draft picks.
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
GoldMind
What do these teams expect their fanbase to value now?

We used to come buy player jerseys and shirts.

Keep dumping key players, we can be like the Oakland As.
Winning by cheating is just as impressive as winning fairly, probably even more so. Your opponent was better than you in every way, and you beat them with your brain.
Assassin
Just looking at Jalen Ramsey's career. He would have been our pick if we hadnt gone RB. Starting LCB. But also appears to be a bit of an problem child as he got into a couple of nasty sideline arguments with the head coach and then posted about it on social media. After thinking about it.

Jacksonville trades him for a couple of 1st rounders to the Rams. This last year the Jags took....drum roll.... K'Laivon Chaisson

They better get one heck of a player this next year.

Meanwhile the Rams pay Jared Goff $135 mil and give Ramsey a new contract for up to $105 million, according to which includes $71.2 million in guarantees. And then you have Aaron Donald with $135 mil contract with $87 mil guaranteed.

Gonna be an interesting year in 2021 for the Rams payroll dept
BearForce
Assassin said:

Just looking at Jalen Ramsey's career. He would have been our pick if we hadnt gone RB. Starting LCB. But also appears to be a bit of an problem child as he got into a couple of nasty sideline arguments with the head coach and then posted about it on social media. After thinking about it.

Jacksonville trades him for a couple of 1st rounders to the Rams. This last year the Jags took....drum roll.... K'Laivon Chaisson

They better get one heck of a player this next year.

Meanwhile the Rams pay Jared Goff $135 mil and give Ramsey a new contract for up to $105 million, according to which includes $71.2 million in guarantees. And then you have Aaron Donald with $135 mil contract with $87 mil guaranteed.

Gonna be an interesting year in 2021 for the Rams payroll dept

Yep...and Ramsey coming out was like a rich man's Byron Jones in that there were questions as to if he was a CB or S.
trumpetbear
Practice canceled today.

Word on twitter/reddit is that the strength and conditioning coach Markus Paul collapsed during proactice and has possibly died.
Wichitabear
trumpetbear said:

Practice canceled today.

Word on twitter/reddit is that the strength and conditioning coach Markus Paul collapsed during proactice and has possibly died.
That's horrible. I hope this is not true
BearForce
Wichitabear said:

trumpetbear said:

Practice canceled today.

Collapsed yes, died no.
Wichitabear
BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

trumpetbear said:

Practice canceled today.

Collapsed yes, died no.
Thank goodness. Thank you BearForce
Assassin
Assassin
Wichitabear
Assassin said:

That's about par for the course.
Assassin
Not as many trades this time, got 4 potential starters and some kids to back up. Traded my 6th and 7th for the Jets two 5th rounders 2022

Assassin
tornado coming through Dallas right now. Looks like it will be a mile or so north of me
BearForce
Assassin said:

tornado coming through Dallas right now. Looks like it will be a mile or so north of me

Stay safe
Wichitabear
Assassin said:

wow. Basement???
BearForce
Assassin said:

Not as many trades this time, got 4 potential starters and some kids to back up. Traded my 6th and 7th for the Jets two 5th rounders 2022

Good looking draft
Stefano DiMera
Markus Paul was a two time All American at Syracuse..finished behind our Thomas Everett for Jim Thorpe Award in 87..
trey3216
Wichitabear said:

Assassin said:

wow. Basement???
in Texas???

Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
Wichitabear
trey3216 said:

Wichitabear said:

Assassin said:

wow. Basement???
in Texas???

Believe it or not there are a few homes with them. Ok Kansas has more. Lol
BearForce
Updates on Coach Markus Paul

Wichitabear
BearForce
Ravens - Steelers just got pushed to Sunday due to COVID. That means the Ravens will have a quick turnaround next Thursday against us.
BearForce
Terrible news...prayers are in order

BearForce
Wichitabear
BearForce said:

This is such a sad situation. Prayers up for sure.
Assassin
so young
Wichitabear
Assassin said:

saw this hit Arlington.
BearForce
GoldMind
We finna skull**** these idiots
Winning by cheating is just as impressive as winning fairly, probably even more so. Your opponent was better than you in every way, and you beat them with your brain.
Assassin
First Page Last Page
Page 505 of 847

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.