Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,093,436 Views | 29773 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by BearkatBear
BearForce
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Assassin,

Here is Fish doing your homework on McQ

Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin,

Here is Fish doing your homework on McQ

actually it's on our new jailbird, Swing Tackle (and occasional robber) Ty Nyske (sp?)
Assassin
Cowboys agree to terms agreeing to terms on a one-year contract with former Texans defensive lineman Carlos Watkins.

Watkins, a 2017 fourth-round pick out of Clemson, became an unrestricted free agent after finishing out his rookie contract with the Texans. He has appeared in 42 games, posting 69 tackles and 4 sacks. In 2020, Watkins started a career-high 11 games, playing just under 50% of the snaps, and posted a career-high 2 sacks.

Watkins (6-3, 297) was listed as a defensive end in the Texans' base 3-4 scheme but played inside on passing downs in a four-man front. He could be a better fit at tackle in new Cowboys defensive coordinator Dan Quinn's 4-3 system.
Assassin
Assassin
Assassin
Damn, Blake Bell goes back to KC. I really liked him as a solid backup TE, FB, even QB which he was at Okie
Assassin
Jourdan Lewis contract, about 2.7 for this upcoming year and he can be cut post June 1 with little impact. Falls in line with the 3m per that we were seeing before. Poor fella
Assassin
Cowboys closing a deal with Brent Urban, who had his best season of his career last year in Chicago.

Urban, listed at 6-7, 300 pounds, had 2.5 sacks last year with the Bears. He's been a rotational player for the Ravens (2014-18) and then the Titans and Bears.

He's started just 27 of 70 career games played, but eight of those starts occurred last year in Chicago.

The Cowboys like his versatility to rush from the edge, but also to slide inside on pass-rushing situations.
Assassin
Assassin said:

Cowboys closing a deal with Brent Urban, who had his best season of his career last year in Chicago.

Urban, listed at 6-7, 300 pounds, had 2.5 sacks last year with the Bears. He's been a rotational player for the Ravens (2014-18) and then the Titans and Bears.

He's started just 27 of 70 career games played, but eight of those starts occurred last year in Chicago.

The Cowboys like his versatility to rush from the edge, but also to slide inside on pass-rushing situations.

btw - thats Reggie White sized DE. If he has half the talent...
Assassin
Assassin
RGIII is available. Wouldnt mind taking a flier on him for a backup if his medical holds up.
Assassin
With the Cowboys moving on from snapper L.P. Ladouceur, Jason Witten's Cowboys' record of 255 games played appears safe. Tyron Smith has the current longest streak at 133 games. Based on a 17-game season, he would have to play every game for nearly the next seven-plus seasons to break the mark and hasn't played a full year since 2015. Zack Martin needs 8.9 more seasons and would be 40 in 2030. Dak Prescott would be 39 to approach the mark in 2032. Ladouceur played 253 career games from 2005-20.
BearForce
Assassin said:

With the Cowboys moving on from snapper L.P. Ladouceur, Jason Witten's Cowboys' record of 255 games played appears safe. Tyron Smith has the current longest streak at 133 games. Based on a 17-game season, he would have to play every game for nearly the next seven-plus seasons to break the mark and hasn't played a full year since 2015. Zack Martin needs 8.9 more seasons and would be 40 in 2030. Dak Prescott would be 39 to approach the mark in 2032. Ladouceur played 253 career games from 2005-20.

LP was the last Cowboy left to have played at Texas Stadium.
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

I played there. For the Miami Sharks
Wichitabear
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

no lolol you didn't
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Any given sunday
BearForce
BearForce
Can I haz?
Wichitabear
Wichitabear said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

no lolol you didn't
ok didn't mean to sound ugly, just teasing.
BearForce
Wichitabear said:

Wichitabear said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

no lolol you didn't

Meany....but seriously look up the movie Any Given Sunday which I believe Assassin is referring to.

BearForce
BearForce said:

Can I haz?

Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Any given sunday

thats me up front. Aaron Eckhart behind me
Assassin
BearForce said:

They were discussing him at LB too
BearForce
BearForce said:

BearForce said:

Can I haz?

BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Any given sunday

Nice!
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Any given sunday

Nice!
That was up in the old coaches boxes at Texas Stadium. They built them on top of the old top row of the stadium. Cold as hell and the wind blew right through them
Wichitabear
BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

Wichitabear said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

no lolol you didn't

Meany....but seriously look up the movie Any Given Sunday which I believe Assassin is referring to.

Get it.
Assassin
Assassin
breaking down Brent Urban, the PFF #3 run stuffer in NFL
Assassin
If I am reading the numbers correctly, we currently have Cap Space: $11,675,232.

Anthony Harris????

Or maybe a lower level S like Malik Hooker?

Or what might a one year deal with LB Melvin Ingram or KJ Wright cost? Do a one year and pick up a comp for the following year when they leave
Assassin
Assassin said:

If I am reading the numbers correctly, we currently have Cap Space: $11,675,232.

Anthony Harris????

Or maybe a lower level S like Malik Hooker?

Or what might a one year deal with LB Melvin Ingram or KJ Wright cost? Do a one year and pick up a comp for the following year when they leave
PFF has projected the deal for Ingram to be two years, $20M ($10M APY): $16M total guaranteed, $14M fully guaranteed at signing.
Assassin
CBS Sports' top 100 free agents, these are the best remaining available as of Thursday morning.
Top available free agents:
  • WR Kenny Golladay
  • S Anthony Harris
  • LB Melvin Ingram
  • WR JuJu Smith-Schuster
  • OT Alejandro Villanueva
  • WR Will Fuller
  • DE Jadeveon Clowney
  • CB Xavier Rhodes
  • LB Eric Wilson
  • WR Sammy Watkins
  • CB Kevin King
  • C Austin Reiter
  • RB Kenyan Drake
  • CB Troy Hill
  • WR T.Y. Hilton
  • OT Russell Okung
  • S Keanu Neal
  • RB Chris Carson
  • CB Desmond King
  • TE Jared Cook
  • C David Andrews
  • C Matt Skura
  • CB Richard Sherman
  • DL Aldon Smith
  • CB Brian Poole
  • LB Ryan Kerrigan
  • S Xavier Woods
  • LB K.J. Wright
  • RB James White
  • CB Bashaud Breeland
  • CB Mackensie Alexander
  • S Jaquiski Tartt
  • RB James Conner
  • DT Ndamukong Suh
  • DT Sheldon Rankins
  • DL Lawrence Guy
  • LB Alex Anzalone
  • OT Rick Wagner
  • S Malik Hooker
  • S Ricardo Allen
  • WR Antonio Brown
  • RB Leonard Fournette
  • C Nick Martin
  • C Austin Blythe
BearForce
Can we get in the CB shuffle?
Assassin
The Cowboys waived four players who spent time on the practice squad last season and signed to the Reserve/Future list in January: center Marcus Henry, tight end Cole Hikutini, wide receiver Jon'Vea Johnson and wide receiver Chris Lacy.
Assassin
add a stop in Dallas?

First Page Last Page
Page 550 of 851

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.