Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,092,850 Views | 29771 Replies | Last: 6 min ago by BearForce
BearForce
How long do you want to ignore this user?
trumpetbear said:

Assassin said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

This guy is just dumb

https://theathletic.com/news/dolphins-waive-2020-first-round-pick-isaiah-wilson/4eZqEuPqJEtD
you can't fix stewpid!
" Dude tried to say he watched game film after his coaches sent him home with blank DVDs as a test."

he failed

I know this happened with Jamarcus Russell. Did this kid do it too?

I doubt it as who uses DVDS these days...he probably didn't open his MS Surface tablet.
Assassin
Dang, this would have been a great add

BearForce
Assassin said:

I know...
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

I know...
New Denver GM George Paton has invested over $63 million guaranteed into his secondary this week:

- CB Ronald Darby: 3 years, $30 million ($19.5M fully guaranteed)

- S Justin Simmons: 4 years, $61M ($35M in guarantees)

- CB Kyle Fuller: 1 year, $9.5M ($9M fully guaranteed)
Wichitabear
Why didn't we swoop in quickly????
BearForce
Wichitabear said:

Because you were too busy cheering against Alabama basketball.
Wichitabear
BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

Because you were too busy cheering against Alabama basketball.
lol shut up!!!
Assassin
Wichitabear said:

Denver is a mile up in the air, much easier for them to swoop then us near sea level folk
BearForce
Assassin said:

Wichitabear said:

Denver is a mile up in the air, much easier for them to swoop then us near sea level folk

Nope, it's because they have a GM who can lose their job if they dont improve.
BearForce
Assassin
BearForce said:

Good, plus that moves S back a bit in the draft. Probably puts us solidly in CB in Rd 1.

Also, kinda surprised no pure LBs signed. We lost Joe Thomas
Assassin
FA CB Brian Poole is still out there. Had a great 2019, Pro Football Focus' No. 9 corner among 207 qualifiers at his position. He allowed a single score on 53 targets over 14 appearances. Had a knee injury last year but appears to be recoverd.

Worth a flyer?
Assassin
geno atkins is now a FA... hmmm
Assassin
I would definitely like to see a backup LB and possibly a probable backup CB. Not really sold on our swing OT either. Not when they had several proven choices available

On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
BearForce
Get a FS, CB, and 1T and draft BPA within reason
Assassin
BearForce said:

I really, really, really want the TE Pitts in the draft but I dont think he will get to us anyway. He has a massive upside, All Pro at a minimum I think.

Overthecap website has been down all day, not sure how much we have left. I know if they like somebody we can do several more contract redos
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Assassin
BearForce said:

btw - not sure that I am overjoyed with the two S's visiting after checkingthem out a little closer
Wichitabear
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

btw - not sure that I am overjoyed with the two S's visiting after checkingthem out a little closer
well, you can't listen to BearForce too much. Lolol Although I always do, darn it.
Assassin
Wichitabear said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

well, you can't listen to BearForce too much. Lolol Although I always do, darn it.
He's much smarter than me, thats for sure!
Assassin
Ezekiel Elliott's $12.4 million base salary in 2022 is now fully guaranteed, as is Jaylon Smith's $7.2 million base salary this season. Without the details of Keanu Neal's contract, the Cowboys have roughly $12.5 million in cap room, which means they will likely have to re-work another contract just to fit the rookie pool allocation. Since Elliott's money is guaranteed through 2022, he could be a prime candidate for a restructure, which could open up more than $6 million this season.
Wichitabear
Assassin said:

Wichitabear said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

He's much smarter than me, thats for sure!
me, for sure.
Assassin
BtB:

Quote:

But if you look back over the last eight years of Cowboys free agency to collect clues, if you embrace those findings to determine your level of excitement

Well, you don't expect much.

None of this should be taken as a blanket indictment of defensive tackle Brent Urban, swing tackle Ty Nsekhe, long snapper Jake McQuaide or anyone else in this group. Contributions will be made.

But there's a reason Cowboys fans have grown indifferent to the personnel moves their team usually make in March.

Dallas signed 29 players in this phase of free agency over the previous eight years. Eight of those players never made it to the field with a star on their helmet for a regular season game. Four were cut and one other retired before the season was complete.

If that percentage holds, at least one member of the current class won't make it out of training camp and another should be gone before Thanksgiving.

Five of the last eight free agent classes failed to produce double-digits starts in that season. Combined.

Six of those classes failed to yield 35 games played.

Assassin
This would have been a nice ad. And I think the bucks could have been worked out

Jets sign DT Sheldon Rankins for two years, $17 million
The New York Jets added another key player on defense, agreeing Sunday to a two-year contract with former New Orleans Saints defensive tackle Sheldon Rankins, a league source confirmed. This gives the Jets another starting-caliber player for the interior of their new 4-3 front.

BearForce
Assassin said:

This would have been a nice ad. And I think the bucks could have been worked out

Jets sign DT Sheldon Rankins for two years, $17 million
The New York Jets added another key player on defense, agreeing Sunday to a two-year contract with former New Orleans Saints defensive tackle Sheldon Rankins, a league source confirmed. This gives the Jets another starting-caliber player for the interior of their new 4-3 front.

Yeah, it makes you ask what is their plan because that is a great price.
Assassin
Some FAs we may have an interest in:

CB Richard Sherman, LB/DE Melvin Ingram, LB Eric Wilson, DT Ndamukong Suh, S Xaver Woods, CB Malcom Butler, CB Quinton Dunbar, S Malik Hooker, CB Mackensie Alexander, LB KJ Wright, CB Xavier Rhodes, DT Jurrell Casey, CB Brian Poole.

the market for backup QB is very small. Chase Daniel, AJ McCarron, Colt McCoy or RGIII are the best left
Assassin
Assassin
Cowboys now up to 6 free agents in this class, their largest since 2012 when they signed 7 players at this stage of FA.
Assassin
Syracuse CB Ifeatu Melifonwu is a name to watch with the Cowboys. He met with them at Senior Bowl. He said today at his Pro Day he can play some safety. He had a 41 1/2 vertical, 11-2 board jump and 4.40, 4.39 hand timed 40.

SI rates him as the fourth best CB. Assuming we get the Farley or Surtrain, then Horn will go. If we want two, then we may have to trade back into the first to get hiim
Assassin
Assassin said:

Syracuse CB Ifeatu Melifonwu is a name to watch with the Cowboys. He met with them at Senior Bowl. He said today at his Pro Day he can play some safety. He had a 41 1/2 vertical, 11-2 board jump and 4.40, 4.39 hand timed 40.

SI rates him as the fourth best CB. Assuming we get the Farley or Surtrain, then Horn will go. If we want two, then we may have to trade back into the first to get hiim
Assassin
The Cowboys' plan for Keanu Neal right now is for him to play safety and linebacker depending on certain packages in Dan Quinn's defense, but he is not locked into one spot specifically. Having that flexibility is a bonus as to why they added him.
Assassin
trying to figure out how a 1 year deal can have voidable years - NFL speak?

Assassin
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

I know...
New Denver GM George Paton has invested over $63 million guaranteed into his secondary this week:

- CB Ronald Darby: 3 years, $30 million ($19.5M fully guaranteed)

- S Justin Simmons: 4 years, $61M ($35M in guarantees)

- CB Kyle Fuller: 1 year, $9.5M ($9M fully guaranteed)
btw - this means that CB starved Denver probably wont take a CB at 9, one spot ahead of us
Assassin
One of the top three cornerbacks in this year's NFL Draft - all three candidates to be taken by Dallas at No. 10 - is undergoing back surgery and will therefore miss his Pro Day, according to agent Drew Rosenhaus.

Caleb Farley will miss the workouts with other Virginia Tech as on Tuesday he will have a microdiscectomy. This is not considered a "major'' surgery, with the likely recovery time of six weeks. But that doesn't mean it is easy to predict how it might impact Farley's status as he is in the mix with Patrick Surtain and Jaycee Horn as the top corner in this class.
====
btw - I've had several discectomy's. Mine were mostly day surgerys. They clip the edge of disks protruding between two bones.
Assassin
Assassin
Best remaining FAs
First Page Last Page
Page 552 of 851

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.