Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,126,093 Views | 30123 Replies | Last: 3 min ago by Assassin
Assassin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Chicago goes OT. We might have been interested,
BearForce
Richie Grant gone
Assassin
Damn - Falcons get Richie Grant
Assassin
We waiting for Molden, the CB from Washington?
Assassin
Or Moehrig from TCU?
Bexar Pitts
Assassin said:

crap, there goes Barmore to the Pats
I wish the Cowboy's would have followed your suggestion last night and traded up.
Assassin
wonder what is wrong with Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, the ILB from Notre Dame. Dude was ranked 1, overall 12?
Assassin
Bexar Pitts said:

Assassin said:

crap, there goes Barmore to the Pats
I wish the Cowboy's would have followed your suggestion last night and traded up.
I was a huge fan of his for too long. He only really played 1 year but it was a nice year
Assassin
Lions take an DT. We might have been interested
Bexar Pitts
Assassin said:

Or Moehrig from TCU?
Giants trade may have kept Moehrig on the board..Hope so..
BearForce
Assassin said:

Or Moehrig from TCU?

Or Bossman Fat!
Bexar Pitts
So much for that thought.
Assassin
boo!
BearForce
Could it be Bossman Fat?
Assassin
Kelvin Joseph coming to the Cowboys
Assassin
CB
Kelvin Joseph
6'0"197 lbs Kentucky
9POS RK
64OVR RK
79GRADE

Check out highlights from cornerback Kelvin Joseph who started at LSU before transferring to Kentucky.

Pre-Draft Analysis
Joseph is a scheme versatile and instinctive corner who can play on the outside or line up over the slot and has outstanding top-end speed. He has excellent body control and can stop/start on a dime. The Alabama transfer is willing in run support and is an adequate tackler. -- Steve Muench
BearForce
Assassin said:

Like I said Bossman Fat
Bexar Pitts
Assassin said:

Definitely fills a need.
BearForce
Guys if you dont understand my references to Bossman Fat, Kelvin Joseph is a professional rapper who performs under the name Bossman Fat.

https://kentuckysportsradio.com/football-2/ykdv-bossman-fat-is-your-new-favorite-rapper/
Assassin
By Lance Zierlein
NFL Analyst
Draft Projection
Rounds 2-3
NFL Comparison
Maurice Canady
Overview
Joseph has physical dimensions and natural athletic talent that are easy to get excited about, but his lack of experience might be a secondary concern to the lack of maturity that is sometimes shown on the field. He has the length and strength to re-route and bully the early stages of the release from press and displays a sudden twitch to attack throws if asked to play an off coverage. He has the size and ball skills to create real challenges at the catch point, but lacks the discipline and route recognition to stay consistently connected to routes. While he improved as the 2020 season went on, the Ole Miss game showed just how much work and experience he still needs. The traits and ability in run support could push him up the board for some teams, while others might be turned off by the penalties and undisciplined plays he put on tape. Either way, he has talent to work with.
Strengths
  • Prototypical build as an outside corner with size and length.
  • Full of confidence and a little bit of edge.
  • Fires stiff punch to hinder release from press.
  • Diligent to crowd catch space when running vertical with targets.
  • Held up against Alabama with an INT and two incompletions on three targets.
  • Displayed ball skills with soft, natural hands.
  • Consistent in finding his high-point timing.
  • Sudden burst to fly into passing lanes and play the throw.
  • Readily accepts challenges of run support.
  • Latch-on tackler with aggressive finish.
Weaknesses
  • Highly inexperienced with more reps needed for development.
  • Suspended for LSU bowl game at end of 2018 season.
  • Completely unnecessary personal fouls against Auburn and Florida.
  • Feet are a little jittery and uncertain from press.
  • Tall backpedal with a hitch when opening to sprint.
  • Gives in way too quickly to route fakes.
  • Doesn't find the football near the goal line.
  • Fails to read receiver and phase the route.
  • Gives away too much separation to quality route runners.
Bexar Pitts
BearForce said:

Guys if you dont understand my references to Bossman Fat, Kelvin Joseph is a professional rapper who performs under the name Bossman Fat.

https://kentuckysportsradio.com/football-2/ykdv-bossman-fat-is-your-new-favorite-rapper/
If they never played with Ernest Tubb..I don't recognize 'em! :-)
Assassin
Kelvin Joseph NFL Draft Profile
Position: Cornerback
School: Kentucky
Year: Redshirt Sophomore
Height: 5'11 1/2
Weight: 197 pounds

Tony Pauline's Kelvin Joseph Scouting Report

Positives: Nice-sized cornerback with terrific ball skills and a large amount of upside. Fierce and aggressive, yet works to keep the action in front of him. Quick flipping his hips in transition, tracks the pass in the air then gets a beat on the throw and nicely times his pass defenses. Effective facing the action, quickly diagnoses plays then gets off blocks defending the run. Anticipates the action, takes good angles to plays, and uses his hands to protect himself.

Negatives: Doesn't show great play speed or burst. Gets a little twisted at times. Sits on his backpedal, which costs him.

Analysis: After transferring from LSU, Joseph made an immediate impact at Kentucky last season before deciding to enter the draft. He possesses outstanding size as well as ball skills, and could start at the next level once he polishes his game.

Kelvin Joseph Player Profile

Since the end of the 2020 college football season, two Kentucky Wildcats have risen dramatically up draft boards and crept into the early rounds of mock drafts. Kentucky cornerback Kelvin Joseph has become one of the most talked about prospects in the 2021 NFL Draft. The attention, however, is nothing new to the Louisiana native.

Joseph demonstrated the qualities that have made him a desirable prospect at Scotlandville Magnet High School. A two-time First Team 5A All-State honoree, he had an impactful high school career. As a junior, he demonstrated ball skills with 12 pass breakups and 3 interceptions as Scotlandville won a state title.

He continued to exhibit those skills as a senior, snagging 3 interceptions. Additionally, he forged a reputation as a tough tackler, with 113 tackles including 12 for loss. A truly versatile and explosive player, he contributed 13 touchdowns across kickoff returns, punt returns, and interceptions returned for a score.

His versatility stretched to multiple positions and sports. Joseph was a standout basketball player on the court. On the football field, he started off as a corner before transitioning to play safety. He was recruited as a safety, the fifth in the class. Furthermore, he was viewed as the second-ranked prospect in Louisiana and a four-star recruit.

He held offers from all over the country, including powerhouses such as Alabama, Notre Dame, and Clemson. Although he made an original commitment to stay in state at LSU in February 2016, his recruitment was re-opened in October. The star safety rescinded his commitment before eventually signing his national letter of intent to become a Tiger in 2018.

Kelvin Joseph's college football career

With a history of sending defensive backs to the NFL Draft, the fit made perfect sense for Kelvin Joseph. As a freshman, he saw substantial playing time for the Tigers. He is credited with playing in 11 games, logging 12 tackles. In his most notable contribution to LSU, he made his first career pass breakup against Georgia.
Without context, its seems barely notable. However, the breakup forced the Bulldogs to punt prior to the second half. The important turnover of play ensured Georgia went in at the half scoreless. LSU went on to secure a surprise defeat of the second-ranked Bulldogs.

However, things turned sour between the soon-to-be Kentucky cornerback and LSU late in 2018. Following a violation of team rules, Joseph was suspended for the Fiesta Bowl. The suspension eventually led Joseph into entering the transfer portal that finally saw him leave the program prior to the 2019 season.
Assassin
Bexar Pitts said:

BearForce said:

could be a play on Ernest Tubb's name. They sound exactly alike
Assassin
the rest of our picks

• Round 3, pick 75
  • Round 3, pick 84
  • Round 3, pick 99

tomorrow
  • Round 4, pick 115
  • Round 4, pick 138
  • Round 5, pick 179
  • Round 6, pick 192
  • Round 6, pick 227
  • Round 7, pick 238
Assassin
who would you package two or three of our picks for that is left?

Dillon Radunz OT

Elijah Molden CB

Andre Cisco S

Ifeatu Melifonwu CB

Samuel Cosmi OT

Alim McNeill DT (YESSSS!)

BearForce
Assassin said:

who would you package two or three of our picks for that is left?

Dillon Radunz OT

Elijah Molden CB

Andre Cisco S

Ifeatu Melifonwu CB

Samuel Cosmi OT

Alim McNeill DT (YESSSS!)

Be patient grasshopper
Assassin
My guess is that none of them reach us.

However I would love it if Hamsah Nasirildeen, the big S or Shaun Wade, the CB make it
Bexar Pitts
Assassin said:

Bexar Pitts said:

BearForce said:

could be a play on Ernest Tubb's name. They sound exactly alike
Then it's a good thing Joseph has football to fall back on!
BearForce
Assassin said:

However I would love it if Hamsah Nasirildeen, the big S or Shaun Wade, the CB make it

Nasirildeen is a strong S and not taking Wade until day 3
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

II would agree depending on who goes before him and it there are no CBs left by the late 90s
Assassin
Browns getting that badass LB Owusu that has been dropping. Great pick
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

II would agree depending on who goes before him and it there are no CBs left by the late 90s

Wade does nothing for me. He might be better at FS but count me as a pass.
BearForce
Assassin said:

JOK is legit
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

JOK is legit
for the life of me I dont get it. There has to be something we dont know about
Assassin
Ohhhh. Titans get Radunz. Great value here
First Page Last Page
Page 565 of 861

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.