Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,093,155 Views | 29773 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by BearkatBear
Wichitabear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TD Steelers. Didn't get that extra point. Lolol
Assassin
where is Bohanan? 1 tackle so far but I even missed that
On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Wichitabear
Ben needs to take a seat. I hate loosing to the Steelers
Wichitabear
A field goal. This game is boring as **** and we're still going to lose.
'
Wichitabear
Omg Ben threw the football!
Wichitabear
Ok well I may be switching to Tokyo.
trey3216
Wichitabear said:

Ok well I may be switching to Tokyo.

It's preseason. I'm switching to eyelids
Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
GoldMind
What the ****!?! Lamb hasn't put up 3 yet!?!
Assassin
GoldMind said:

What the ****!?! Lamb hasn't put up 3 yet!?!
He was kicking 80-90 yd FGs before the game, but its preseason, They didnt want to wear out his TD scoring leg. FYI 6>3
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Assassin
my takeaways - we still need a better backup QB. Our backup OL is about what is was last year. Our backup DL needs some work.

Loved the backup/starter/rotational LBs and DBs. We are gonna have to start drafting Offense to keep up with them...
BearForce
Warms my heart

Aliceinbubbleland
Me too BearForce. That feud was ridiculous. Glad it's over.
Assassin
Assassin
huge kudos ffrom everyone on Micah Parsons in camp so far. Gives us lots of options as to how we want to use him at both LB and rush DE
Assassin
Assassin
Didnt realize you were making the trip to Canton Bearforce:

Assassin
Sewo Olonilua's push for a roster spot is on pause.

The Cowboys fullback injured his neck during Thursday's exhibition loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers. While the evaluation is ongoing, the belief is he could be "out for a while," a source said Sunday.

Olonilua has been the top true fullback on the Cowboys' 90-man roster.

--

Opens up some time for the Jacknife Nick Ralston who can play half a dozen spots
Assassin
When the Dallas Cowboys decided to rest quarterback Dak Prescott in his recovery from a strained right shoulder, they sought advice from their baseball neighbors in Arlington, the Texas Rangers.

Owner Jerry Jones said the Cowboys consulted with the Rangers because they have more experience dealing with a throwing injury.

"We talked about throwing, arm care and arm recovery," Jones said. "They advised rather than work through a progression on healing but to go cold turkey to make sure the injury is repaired."
Assassin
btw - Noah Brown looked really good on his comebacks to Gilbert in the HoF game. Reminded me of the catches he made at Ohio State that were incredible
Assassin
Jon Machato's 5 Up after the HoF game:

5 Up

1. Micah Parsons. Just like training camp, the Cowboys' rookie linebacker just continues to be in the right place at the right time. He recovered a fumble on the game's opening possession to give the offense the ball back at the Pittsburgh 48. Dallas' only scoring drive of the night followed. Defensive coordinator Dan Quinn moved Parsons around as much as we've seen in training camp, playing a traditional linebacker role one play and then lining up on the line of scrimmage to rush the passer on the next. He played the first two series and finished with three tackles. Parsons is only scratching the surface. The Cowboys wanted one of the top two cornerbacks with the 10th overall pick, but they might have just ended up with the draft's best defender in Parsons at Pick 12.

"They really don't tell me how to play," Parsons said of the Cowboys coaches. "They really just say play hard, play fast and play reckless out there. And that's kinda been my game, just kinda how I've always played. They kinda just tell me how to fit in the defense, where to line up and how to start. But after that, they just let me be a ballplayer."

What can he build on for the next game?

"Don't make any mistakes," Parsons said. "I like to have clean games. I like to be flawless. I like to be perfect. I just like to be great when I play. I put a lot of love and work into my craft, so when I come out here, I just want to be perfect."

2. Maurice Canady. His impressive training camp carried over into Thursday's game. The veteran corner has a team-high three interceptions in the first two weeks of camp. He didn't get a takeaway against the Steelers but he stood out on several plays, with his most notable being a run stop that dropped Pittsburgh first-round pick Najee Harris for a four-yard loss early in the second quarter.

3. Sean McKeon. He also continues to build on a strong camp. McKeon worked his way on the team as a special teams contributor last season after signing as an undrafted rookie free agent. He's now in competition with veteran Jeremy Sprinkle to be the team's No. 3 tight end behind Blake Jarwin and Dalton Schultz. McKeon had two catches for 26 yards Thursday night. He's definitely someone to watch over the next three preseason games.

4. Rico Dowdle. He carried eight times for a game-high 43 yards with 25 coming on a run when Dallas was backed up to its own 1-yard line.

"It was an inside zone play," Dowdle said. "(Sewo Olonilua) made a nice block, opened up the hole. I remember telling him before the play, 'Just open it up, I'm coming behind you.' I seen green, wish I could've got the score."

Dowdle has an excellent shot at making the team for the second consecutive year as the team's No. 3 running back behind Ezekiel Elliott and Pollard.

"NFL is not for long, especially for running backs," Dowdle said. "So just trying to prove myself and get good tape out there every chance I get."

5. Nahshon Wright. After being somewhat quiet in camp, Wright looked the part when the pads were on in Canton. He fits what Quinn is looking for in a cornerback, with his ideal length (6-4, 190) and ball skills. His tackling stood out most against the Steelers. The third-round pick finished with a team-high five tackles.

"It just felt good to set my pads and just kind of play loose," he said. "I like to fly around and make tackles, especially for my size, people don't think I can. When I go out there and do it, it's kind of like, 'Ohh.' I always go out there with a chip on my shoulder."

Assassin
Jon Machato's 5 Down

5 Down

1. Offensive tackle depth. It wasn't a great night on the outside for Nsekhe, Terence Steele and Brandon Knight. Each gave up a sack, which were drive killers. No one is expecting any of those three to play like Tyron Smith or Collins, but there's definitely reason for concern if Smith or Collins are lost for an extended period of time. Fortunately for the Cowboys, both of their starters are back. Collins started Thursday night. Smith has dealt with some elbow tendonitis at camp but he's expected to start Week 1.

Dallas' second-team offensive line against Pittsburgh: RT Steele, RG Matt Farniok, C Williams, LG McGovern, LT Knight.

2. Ben DiNucci. As expected, he played the most of the Cowboys' quarterbacks. DiNucci was 7-of-17 passing for 89 yards with one interception as he handled the third and fourth quarters.

"The turnover is going to be highlighted," DiNucci said. "I got hit when I was throwing the ball. That's on me. That's easily correctable. It's not like I made the wrong read. I just got to bring the ball down a little bit."

The offense just never got much going in the second half. That's not all on the second-year QB, but he needs to play better over the next few weeks if the Cowboys are going to seriously consider keeping three quarterbacks on their 53-man roster.

"That was good for all of us to get that game experience," DiNucci said. "I think the rookies will see now, 'Hey, we got to speed things up a little bit,' myself included. It can always be better. It's never going to be perfect."

3. Special teams. The kicking game was the most noticeable issue, but the special teams weren't great on punt coverage or punt returns, either. Backup punter Hunter Niswander handled punting, kickoff and field-goal duties. With kicker Greg Zuerlein still on the physically unable to perform list, there hasn't been much field-goal work in practice. It showed Thursday night. Niswander appeared to have a 29-yard field goal blocked and then he missed a 52-yarder very wide to the right.

"Obviously there are two kicks that I wish I could have back," he said, "but something to build off of."

The Cowboys are confident their kicking problems will be fixed when Zuerlein returns before Week 1. Veteran Bryan Anger is expected to be the team's punter during the regular season.

"I didn't have a review of it," McCarthy said of the kicking game issues. "Hunter is new at that, and obviously our operation, we'll get better."

4. Lack of pass rush. The Cowboys finished tied for 20th last year in sacks. They were playing Thursday night without their top two edge rushers, DeMarcus Lawrence and Randy Gregory. But it wasn't great to have no sacks and only one QB hit through the first three quarters.

5. Red zone offense. Getting into the red zone and settling for field goals has been an issue in previous seasons. The Cowboys got down to the Pittsburgh 4-yard line on their opening possession. They got down to Pittsburgh's 7-yard line on the next possession. Both drives ended with field-goal attempts.

"I'm not going to get into too many details, but at the end of the day, we know we need to work on our red zone," Williams said. "We know when we get down there it's time to execute and it's time to go make plays. Whether it's the pass game or the run game, it's time to make a play."
Assassin
To be honest, I would rather have WhichitaBear's favorite QB, Cooper Rush than DiNucci at #3 QB
Assassin
anybody notice Troy attempting to ruffle Jimmy Johnson's bronzed hair at the HoF game?
BearForce
Assassin said:

To be honest, I would rather have WhichitaBear's favorite QB, Cooper Rush than DiNucci at #3 QB

Way to go out on a limb there
BearForce
Hmm

Assassin
BearForce said:

Hmm

sand in the transmission?
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Hmm

Not sure but if caught early enough can be flushed
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Hmm

damn things unseen...
GoldMind
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Hmm

damn things unseen...

Need defense
Assassin
GoldMind said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Hmm

damn things unseen...
Need defense
GoldMind
Assassin said:

GoldMind said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Hmm

damn things unseen...
Need defense
sugar in the tank
BearForce
GoldMind said:

Assassin said:

GoldMind said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Hmm

damn things unseen...
Need defense
sugar in the tank

Better than metal shavings
Assassin
GoldMind
Assassin said:

I feel bad for the Texans fans. The finna be the Browns/Lions.
Wichitabear
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Way to go out on a limb there
haha
First Page Last Page
Page 582 of 851

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.