Football
Sponsored by

Hunting for the Next Coach

27,975 Views | 163 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by FLBear5630
Krieg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
soren said:

Wasn't Kinne a one-time Baylor commit in the Guy Morris era? I think he de-committed and signed with UT or another program, but at one point was listed as a three-star dual QB commit to Baylor iirc.
He even made the Dave Campbell cover as a Baylor commit...then went to UT, couldn't start, and transferred to Tulsa.

Had he come here we might've made a bowl under Guy Morris, but fortunatley that didn't happen so we hired Briles and won a LOT more than the alternative.
muddybrazos
soren said:

Wasn't Kinne a one-time Baylor commit in the Guy Morris era? I think he de-committed and signed with UT or another program, but at one point was listed as a three-star dual QB commit to Baylor iirc.
Correct, he went to UT to carry a clipboard then transferred to Tulsa and was a pretty good qb. Also, his dad was on staff here when he was a recruit and this board had meltdowns when he switched. I would hire him today and let his dad, brother and any other KInne come with him.
jikespingleton
Krieg said:

guadalupeoso said:

Killing Floor said:

Tom Herman is a terrible, wholly uncompetitive football coach but he's a very good man and I could actually see him as a perfect fit here. Won't win more games but then again we won't win fewer either.

This is just patently false. He's won a national championship as an OC and has won NY6 games at Texas and Houston. I'm not saying he would have made Texas a national title contender, but they did fire him too soon. Sark hasn't achieved anything that Tom Herman didn't.

He was fired, in part, because he had an affair with Kendra Scott. Despite that not mattering for Regent positions here I bet that would kill a chance of him being offered a job here. Herman is also a bit of a loose cannon, but that might fly more under the radar here than in Austin. Regardless, I'd take him over what we have today. His teams weren't great but he improved them over Strong's teams. He also didn't get get long enough despite improving the program. Maybe there's more scandal there that went unreported? No idea.

That whole part of the saga was hilarious seeing as how Strong had an affair with a Trustee's wife at Louisville but that was ok until he lost too many games.
What you are saying makes sense, but I have a hard time believing he was fired even in part for an alleged affair. UT does not give a crap about that. I think he was fired because of unrealistic expectations in Austin and for not winning enough games.

After his 10 win season, they slightly regressed the next two years wining 8 games, then 7 games. They had issues on offense - he fired his OC in his third season. In his last year (shortened season) they finished 7-3 and these losses could have gone either way. They were by 2 points (tcu), an OT loss to OU and a 3 point loss to Iowa St. That loss to ISU sealed his fate.
guadalupeoso
jikespingleton said:

Krieg said:

guadalupeoso said:

Killing Floor said:

Tom Herman is a terrible, wholly uncompetitive football coach but he's a very good man and I could actually see him as a perfect fit here. Won't win more games but then again we won't win fewer either.

This is just patently false. He's won a national championship as an OC and has won NY6 games at Texas and Houston. I'm not saying he would have made Texas a national title contender, but they did fire him too soon. Sark hasn't achieved anything that Tom Herman didn't.

He was fired, in part, because he had an affair with Kendra Scott. Despite that not mattering for Regent positions here I bet that would kill a chance of him being offered a job here. Herman is also a bit of a loose cannon, but that might fly more under the radar here than in Austin. Regardless, I'd take him over what we have today. His teams weren't great but he improved them over Strong's teams. He also didn't get get long enough despite improving the program. Maybe there's more scandal there that went unreported? No idea.

That whole part of the saga was hilarious seeing as how Strong had an affair with a Trustee's wife at Louisville but that was ok until he lost too many games.
I have a hard time believing he was fired even in part for an alleged affair. They don't give a crap about that. I think he was fired because of unrealistic expectations in Austin and for not winning enough games.

After his 10 win season, they slightly regressed the next two years wining 8 games, then 7 games. They had issues on offense - he fired his OC in his third season. In his last year (shortened season) they finished 7-3 and the losses were by 2 points (tcu), an OT loss to OU and a 3 point loss to Iowa St. That loss to ISU sealed his fate.
Whether the alleged affair happened or not, I have no idea. This is the first I'm hearing anything about a possible kendra scott affair. But I agree with you in that I think he was fired because of unrealistic expectations and a few bad breaks. All in all, I think Tom Herman is a good coach. Maybe not an excellent coach, but the goal at this point for us is to be good. I'll worry about excellent later.
ZachTay
Nick Rolovich

Look it up.........
jikespingleton
ZachTay said:

Nick Rolovich

Look it up.........
The dolt that wouldn't get vaccinated?

You think he's the guy we should bring in?
ZachTay
jikespingleton said:

ZachTay said:

Nick Rolovich

Look it up.........
You mean the guy who got fired for beating and choking his wife and who got Urban fired because they allegedly did not handle that situation properly?

Yeah, I'm not listening to anything that guy says.
You need a new internet.......
Assassin
Turquoise
On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Oldbear83
Assassin said:

Turquoise
Gesundheit.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Stefano DiMera
Rhett Lashlee SMU
Stefano DiMera
I thought that was Zack Smith.
DanaDane
Stefano DiMera said:

Rhett Lashlee SMU

In two different interviews, Lashlee has basically stated he sees the Big 12 as a step down. He's going all in on this ACC stuff.
FLBear5630
A&M expected to fire Fisher and honor contract.

THAT is what we are competing with to play with the Big Boys. Not getting results, gone.

I fear we are starting the move to lower level football with Rhodes at the helm
ZachTay
FLBear5630 said:

THAT is what we are competing with to play with the Big Boys. Not getting results, gone.

<Insert Captain Obvious GIF>
Rg6
DanaDane said:

Stefano DiMera said:

Rhett Lashlee SMU

In two different interviews, Lashlee has basically stated he sees the Big 12 as a step down. He's going all in on this ACC stuff.

As long as ACC keeps Clemson, FSU, and UNC, big 12 without OUT is clearly a step down.
Stefano DiMera
Just public negotiating guys.

What's he supposed to say? That ups his potential salary.

And the ACC ain't keeping those schools.
FLBear5630
ZachTay said:

FLBear5630 said:

<Insert Captain Obvious GIF>
Yeah, but what they do it. It sort of smacks you in the head...

They did not blink at 77 million...

What is Aranda's buy out? near that?

We are hearing we have possibly 2 more seasons of this due to money. So call me Cpt Obvious all you want, CFP Playoff hopefuls don't blink to get rid of Coaches that are not moving them in the right direction.
jikespingleton
ZachTay said:

jikespingleton said:

ZachTay said:

Nick Rolovich

Look it up.........

Appears to be the case.

You think we should give him a look?
Assassin
Pretty sure A&M will be coming after Aranda. They've been having so many problems in the SEC, he is the answer!
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
jikespingleton
Rg6 said:

DanaDane said:

Stefano DiMera said:

Rhett Lashlee SMU

As long as ACC keeps Clemson, FSU, and UNC, big 12 without OUT is clearly a step down.
Losing OU is a big loss from a competitive standpoint. They owned Big 12 football.

Losing ut is a financial loss, nothing more.
Daveisabovereproach
jikespingleton said:

ZachTay said:

jikespingleton said:

ZachTay said:

Nick Rolovich

Look it up.........

Appears to be the case.

It's ironic that we degrade a guy for standing by his convictions and refusing to have something done to his body and accepting the consequences of that (losing his job) like a man, and we have a bunch of fans in another thread telling Aranda that he should "do the right thing" by waving the white flag and quitting whilst not demanding the money that he is owed through a contract that our decision makers signed.
FLBear5630
Assassin said:

Pretty sure A&M will be coming after Aranda. They've been having so many problems in the SEC, he is the answer!
Maybe we can offer him as a act of Brotherly support from a sister Texas school.
Robert Wilson
Anyone saying Aranda should quit and wave his buyout is living in a fantasy land, and is a moron. We are stuck with whatever our athletic Director did. As it should be.
FLBear5630
Robert Wilson said:

Anyone saying Aranda should quit and wave his buyout is living in a fantasy land, and is a moron. We are stuck with whatever our athletic Director did. As it should be.

Yet, A&M just writes a check. We are not a Super Conference school. Anyone telling themselves BU has a shot, is delusional. Super Conference schools, get rid of their mistakes. We will live with Aranda until we can afford it. G5 is where we belong. with the current mentality with Rhodes and Admin.
Assassin
FLBear5630 said:

Assassin said:

Maybe we can offer him as a act of Brotherly support from a sister Texas school.
I think it's only right. Those poor Aggies have been taking it up the wazoo for way too long!
jikespingleton
No Quarterback said:

jikespingleton said:

ZachTay said:

jikespingleton said:

ZachTay said:

Nick Rolovich

Look it up.........

Appears to be the case.

It's ironic that we degrade a guy for standing by his convictions and refusing to have something done to his body and accepting the consequences of that (losing his job) like a man
Interesting take.

I see it as a state employee who deliberately refused to follow instructions in regards to health and safety and then tried to hide behind religion as a cover. Nothing honorable about that at all.
Daveisabovereproach
jikespingleton said:

No Quarterback said:

jikespingleton said:

ZachTay said:

jikespingleton said:

ZachTay said:

Nick Rolovich

Look it up.........

Appears to be the case.

It's ironic that we degrade a guy for standing by his convictions and refusing to have something done to his body and accepting the consequences of that (losing his job) like a man
Interesting take.

I see it as a state employee who deliberately refused to follow instructions in regards to health and safety and then tried to hide behind religion as a cover. Nothing honorable about that at all.

You can drop the faux politeness with that "interesting take" stuff. You probably think the guy is stupid, so just say. Do you let the government dictate your morality? our government also thought it was perfectly fine to murder unborn babies for years and years. God dictates morality, not the United States government. When the government told Christians that they couldn't assemble in church because of health and safety, many Christians disobeyed the government and did it anyway. I respect that. A Christian has to obey God over man, though I do agree that we are subject to the government otherwise. But I think that you dodged the point that I made that we have people in another thread telling Aranda to do the "right thing" and quit so that we don't have to pay him, and we bash somebody for taking a principled stand that hurt their career at a different school.
jikespingleton
No Quarterback said:

jikespingleton said:

No Quarterback said:

jikespingleton said:

ZachTay said:

jikespingleton said:

ZachTay said:

Nick Rolovich

Look it up.........

Appears to be the case.

Interesting take.

You can drop the faux politeness with that "interesting take" stuff. You probably think the guy is stupid, so just say. Do you let the government dictate your morality? our government also thought it was perfectly fine to murder unborn babies for years and years. God dictates morality, not the United States government. When the government told Christians that they couldn't assemble in church because of health and safety, many Christians disobeyed the government and did it anyway. I respect that. A Christian has to obey God over man, though I do agree that we are subject to the government otherwise. But I think that you dodged the point that I made that we have people in another thread telling Aranda to do the "right thing" and quit so that we don't have to pay him, and we bash somebody for taking a principled stand that hurt their career at a different school.

It's not false politeness. I learned a long time ago that if you start a response with "Hey moron" it is far less likely to be received.

My comment was on Rolovich and nothing else. He was meh at Hawaii and 5-6 at WSU. Not the kind of guy we need to run this program.
Krieg
jikespingleton said:

Krieg said:

guadalupeoso said:

Killing Floor said:

What you are saying makes sense, but I have a hard time believing he was fired even in part for an alleged affair. UT does not give a crap about that. I think he was fired because of unrealistic expectations in Austin and for not winning enough games.

After his 10 win season, they slightly regressed the next two years wining 8 games, then 7 games. They had issues on offense - he fired his OC in his third season. In his last year (shortened season) they finished 7-3 and these losses could have gone either way. They were by 2 points (tcu), an OT loss to OU and a 3 point loss to Iowa St. That loss to ISU sealed his fate.

More of part of the excuse to fire him. He could've run every cartel in Mexico as well as ISIS and they'd have given him an extension in Austin if he won enough.
Krieg
Assassin said:

FLBear5630 said:

Assassin said:

I think it's only right. Those poor Aggies have been taking it up the wazoo for way too long!

Aranda has won as many conference championship games as a head coach as aggy has won in their existence, and he's got one more conference title than they do in the 21st century. I think it's a fair trade.
Krieg
jikespingleton said:

No Quarterback said:

jikespingleton said:

No Quarterback said:

jikespingleton said:

ZachTay said:

jikespingleton said:

ZachTay said:

Nick Rolovich

Look it up.........

Appears to be the case.

Interesting take.

It's not false politeness. I learned a long time ago that if you start a response with "Hey moron" it is far less likely to be received.

My comment was on Rolovich and nothing else.

If you care about someone's vaccine status in regards to hiring them I don't know what to tell you, but that's really stupid. If he can win here he's a good hire. He can have 10 covid vaccines or 0. Who cares?
BUBBFAN
jikespingleton said:

ZachTay said:

Nick Rolovich

Look it up.........

I would hire him just because of that. Good for him.
jikespingleton
Krieg said:

jikespingleton said:

No Quarterback said:

jikespingleton said:

No Quarterback said:

jikespingleton said:

ZachTay said:

jikespingleton said:

ZachTay said:

Nick Rolovich

Look it up.........

Appears to be the case.

Interesting take.

If you care about someone's vaccine status in regards to hiring them
I wouldn't hire him because he was meh at Hawaii and 5-6 at WSU.
FLBear5630
jikespingleton said:

Krieg said:

jikespingleton said:

No Quarterback said:

jikespingleton said:

No Quarterback said:

jikespingleton said:

ZachTay said:

jikespingleton said:

ZachTay said:

Nick Rolovich

Look it up.........

Appears to be the case.

Interesting take.

If you care about someone's vaccine status in regards to hiring them
I wouldn't hire him because he was meh at Hawaii and 5-6 at WSU.
I like Wilson that is at Tulsa. OU background, got IU competitive, Ohio St offense was top notch and now trying to rebuild Tulsa. Tough as nails. At IU, in Spring he had 1 on 1's winner was done, loser ran laps. Said they forgot how to compete and that there are advantages to winning. That is what this team needs. And, he is gettable...
Killing Floor
Now I'm picturing Dave Aranda making somebody run laps for losing a drill. That's it, my brain shut down.
Let’s Go!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.