Football
Sponsored by

TCU In The College Football Playoff

20,674 Views | 180 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by MilliVanilli
marco
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Toad talk should be ramping up this week with 4 top 10 teams losing.
Tommy_Lou_Ramsower
TCU must be an institution of football and not following their Christian Mission.
Jacques Strap
No way they make the playoffs. They don't "play the right way". They are a spread team for crying out loud and I've read repeadely on this site posts by Thee and others that no spread team will EVER win it all much less make the playoffs. You can only beat Alabama if you play the game on their terms and out recruit them. It is KNOWN.
chukronos
They were my dark horse to win the bigXII. they are a strong team. Never count out Gary p after a bad season.
marco
chukronos said:

They were my dark horse to win the bigXII. they are a strong team. Never count out Gary p after a bad season.
Gary Patterson will always bounce back.
CoastalBear
Tommy_Lou_Ramsower said:

TCU must be an institution of football and not following their Christian Mission.

And of course, these aren't mutually exclusive.
CHP Bear
If they run the table.
Boatshoes
Not a chance. The mighty Jersey Boys are traveling to Fort Worth at the end of the season and are going to put a first class beating on TCU in their own house, it's part of trusting the process.
80sBEAR
Will be HILARIOUS if TCU wins the national championship. That will be salt in our self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head.
"This is not an institution of football."
-- Dr. David Garland
marco
Amway Coaches poll has 'Bama #1, Penn State #2, Georgia #3 and TCU at #4. I expect the CFP committee to pretty much mirror this in their rankings.

http://sportspolls.usatoday.com/ncaa/football/polls/coaches-poll/2017/8
MilliVanilli
80sBEAR said:

Will be HILARIOUS if TCU wins the national championship. That will be salt in our self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head.
Our? You said you sold your season tickets to rival fans and washed your hands of all things Baylor, you're not "our" problem.
MilliVanilli
Thee University
Jacques Strap said:

No way they make the playoffs. They don't "play the right way". They are a spread team for crying out loud and I've read repeadely on this site posts by Thee and others that no spread team will EVER win it all much less make the playoffs. You can only beat Alabama if you play the game on their terms and out recruit them. It is KNOWN.
Lying MFer. What I said for YEARS that no Art Briles team would make it.

Patterson is different. He believes in Defense first. When he realized that he was not going to get there without a new Offense he went out and hired Sonny Cumbie. He has had a dedicated Special Teams coach for 3 years now.

Patterson is a complete coach and got closer to making the final four than pretender Briles.

If Baylor can't make it I hope that TCU does.
MilliVanilli
Thee University said:

Jacques Strap said:

Patterson is different. He believes in Defense first. When he realized that he was not going to get there without a new Offense he went out and hired Sonny Cumbie. He has had a dedicated Special Teams coach for 3 years now.

Patterson is a complete coach and got closer to making the final four than pretender Briles.

I hate Patterson's personality, but he is the best x's and o's coach in the conference.

Had TCU gone to the 2014 Playoff, and they were more worthy than FSU or Oregon, they would've given Ohio State about all they could handle.
marco
Thee University said:

Jacques Strap said:

How you figure, Gomer? Last time I checked BU finished a place or so ahead of TCU the only year both were in consideration. You like to cite end of year rankings, well Holmes, at the end of the competition to make the playoffs Baylor was ranked ahead of TCU. You got a link to back up your claim?
Thee University
MilliVanilli said:

Thee University said:

Jacques Strap said:

I hate Patterson's personality, but he is the best x's and o's coach in the conference.

Had TCU gone to the 2014 Playoff, and they were more worthy than FSU or Oregon, they would've given Ohio State about all they could handle.
Speaking of Ohio State...............they get that chance next year in Arlington. They are not afraid of playing competition.

2018 - Ohio State
2019 - Purdue
2020 - Cal
2021 - Cal
2022 - Colorado
2023 - Colorado
2024 - Stanford
2025 - North Carolina
2026 - North Carolina
2027 - Stanford
MilliVanilli
marco said:

Thee University said:

Jacques Strap said:

How you figure, Gomer? Last time I checked BU finished a place or so ahead of TCU the only year both were in consideration. You like to cite end of year rankings, well Holmes, at the end of the competition to make the playoffs Baylor was ranked ahead of TCU. You got a link to back up your claim?
TCU finished #3, leap frogging Baylor after the Cotton Bowl meltdown, the sum body of work made it clear they were a better team.
80sBEAR
Thee University said:

MilliVanilli said:

Thee University said:

Jacques Strap said:

Speaking of Ohio State...............they get that chance next year in Arlington. They are not afraid of playing competition.

2018 - Ohio State
2019 - Purdue
2020 - Cal
2021 - Cal
2022 - Colorado
2023 - Colorado
2024 - Stanford
2025 - North Carolina
2026 - North Carolina
2027 - Stanford
Yeah, it is a shame we didn't have Alabama, Ohio State, and Clemson on our non-conference schedule this season. LOL!!!
MilliVanilli
80sBEAR said:

Thee University said:

MilliVanilli said:

Thee University said:

Jacques Strap said:

2018 - Ohio State
2019 - Purdue
2020 - Cal
2021 - Cal
2022 - Colorado
2023 - Colorado
2024 - Stanford
2025 - North Carolina
2026 - North Carolina
2027 - Stanford
Yeah, it is a shame we didn't have Alabama, Ohio State, and Clemson on our non-conference schedule this season. LOL!!!
There you go with that "we" business again, you swore you were selling your season tickets to rivals and walking away, when's that going to go into effect?
Thee University
marco said:

Thee University said:

Jacques Strap said:

Ohhhhh, you are referring to the 2014 CO-Championship season in which we finished 5th and TCU 6th in the CFP.

Unfortunately for you my little pencil-necked intramural hero there was a bowl game to be played. We stumbled around and let Michigan State give us a pigskin enema and blew a 20 point 4th quarter lead in front of the entire nation.

What did TCU do? They throttled the #9 ranked Ole Miss Rebels to the tune of 42-3.

The FINAL rankings had TCU at #4 while the defenseless and special teamsless Bears dropped to #9.

That my bubble dwelling friend with the limpus wristus disease was the FINAL RANKINGS!
80sBEAR
MilliVanilli
Thee University said:

marco said:

Thee University said:

Jacques Strap said:

Ohhhhh, you are referring to the 2014 CO-Championship season in which we finished 5th and TCU 6th in the CFP.

Unfortunately for you my little pencil-necked intramural hero there was a bowl game to be played. We stumbled around and let Michigan State give us a pigskin enema and blew a 20 point 4th quarter lead in front of the entire nation.

What did TCU do? They throttled the #9 ranked Ole Miss Rebels to the tune of 42-3.

The FINAL rankings had TCU at #4 while the defenseless and special teamsless Bears dropped to #9.

That my bubble dwelling friend with the limpus wristus disease was the FINAL RANKINGS!
I think TCU might've actually finished #3. They deserved the playoff, especially after what a pathetic showing FSU and Oregon gave.
Thee University
80sBEAR said:

Thee University said:

MilliVanilli said:

Thee University said:

Jacques Strap said:

2018 - Ohio State
2019 - Purdue
2020 - Cal
2021 - Cal
2022 - Colorado
2023 - Colorado
2024 - Stanford
2025 - North Carolina
2026 - North Carolina
2027 - Stanford
Yeah, it is a shame we didn 't have Alabama, Ohio State, and Clemson on our non-conference schedule this season. LOL!!!
I'd rather lose to an Alabama or Clemson by a lot than to a Liberty or UTSA by a little. I guarantee you that it would have helped us physically and mentally to have teed up storied programs than patsies.

LMAOM!!!
80sBEAR
What is that foul odor that keeps coming into this thread? I can smell it but I can't see it!
Thee University
MilliVanilli said:

Thee University said:

marco said:

Thee University said:

Jacques Strap said:

I think TCU might've actually finished #3. They deserved the playoff, especially after what a pathetic showing FSU and Oregon gave.
At the end of that season they were playing at a level far above us
MilliVanilli
Thee University said:

MilliVanilli said:

Thee University said:

marco said:

Thee University said:

Jacques Strap said:

At the end of that season they were playing at a level far above us
Regrettably so, especially after that embarrassing Briles press conference following the KSU game, backed up nothing.
FWBear91
I'm thinking Froggie loses a game or two and misses the playoff.

But, if they do, as much as it pains me to say it, I hope they win it all. It would be great to see a small private school put the big state schools in their place. This isn't Baylor's season, of course, but I think TCU success ultimately helps us in the long run.
MidWestBear2010
Thee University said:

marco said:

Thee University said:

Jacques Strap said:

The final rankings mean NOTHING, the only rankings that matter are the ones right before the playoffs. Football is the only sport in which everyone who finishes above .500 gets a trophy. But no one outside of the schools playing cares about some 5th and 7th place bowl game. And if you're such a huge TCU fan why don't you go cheer for them and ruin their forum instead of ours.
MilliVanilli
80sBEAR said:

What is that foul odor that keeps coming into this thread? I can smell it but I can't see it!
Probably your own gas.
MilliVanilli
MidWestBear2010 said:

Thee University said:

marco said:

Thee University said:

Jacques Strap said:

The final rankings mean NOTHING, the only rankings that matter are the ones right before the playoffs. Football is the only sport in which everyone who finishes above .500 gets a trophy. But no one outside of the schools playing cares about some 5th and 7th place bowl game. And if you're such a huge TCU fan why don't you go cheer for them and ruin their forum instead of ours.
That's actually a question you need to direct to 80sBear aka Jim Ward, who sold his season tickets and said he was done with all things Baylor and loved TCU.
303Bear
So wait... Thee is a TCU fan now?

Did Thee ever play basketball? He has an amazing pivot.
CHP Bear
MilliVanilli said:

marco said:

Thee University said:

Jacques Strap said:

TCU finished #3, leap frogging Baylor after the Cotton Bowl meltdown, the sum body of work made it clear they were a better team.
Body of work? Wouldn't our win over TCU qualify for body of work? Wouldn't our win over TCU qualify us as the better team? If not then why do we keep score?
MilliVanilli
CHP Bear said:

MilliVanilli said:

marco said:

Thee University said:

Jacques Strap said:

Body of work? Wouldn't our win over TCU qualify for body of work? Wouldn't our win over TCU qualify us as the better team? If not then why do we keep score?
Looked increasingly flukey as time progressed, we crapped the bed at WVU a week later. They barely lost on the road to a top 5 team then dominated the rest of their schedule and their bowl.

Committee kept us behind them most of their deliberations, reluctantly putting us right ahead after it didn't matter anymore as Ohio State got the last playoff spot.
303Bear
CHP Bear said:

MilliVanilli said:

marco said:

Thee University said:

Jacques Strap said:

CHP, you think wins on the field matter? No no, the Cotton Bowl loss negates everything! Whole season was a failure, whole era really.

Its too bad they demolished Floyd Casey. We could move back and pretend 2008-2015 never happened and some people would be much happier for it.
marco
Thee University said:

marco said:

Thee University said:

Jacques Strap said:

I don't need to quote you again, you said that TCU was closer to the playoffs than BU was. Well, the only year that both were in contention was 2014 so that would be the year we are talking about. When the teams were announced, which school was ranked closer to number 4? I'll let your thick neck ponder that whilst I sip my champagne.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.