TCU In The College Football Playoff

21,186 Views | 180 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by MilliVanilli
MilliVanilli
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Mothra said:

MilliVanilli said:

Mothra said:

Curious why you keep referring to others as if they agree with you. Other than you - a little barking dog - I get along with everyone on this board. Tell me, bra, who are your friends here? Can you even name one?

Bra, NO ONE likes you. Let that settle in for a moment.

Night night little chihuahua.
Reality agrees with me.

And if you only knew the PM's I get about what a hack you are.

You're the one promoting a fantasy and trying to deflect because you an intellectual coward caught in a lie.

"Briles beat Gary more often then not" became "Briles often beat Him", neither is true.

3-4 and ass handed to him every other year is not often beating anyone, the fact you can't own up to empirical realities when confronted with them means you have a deep aversion to the truth about almost anything based in reality.

LOL! Oh yes I'm sure you're gotten just tons of PMs from people complaining about me. Sure bra. Cool story.

I'll leave you with your Briles bitterness. Night night little chihuahua.
Yeah it's actually funny stuff, because you're oblivious to your reputation and obsessed with other people you stalk.

But now you're cornered and caught in another lie and all you can do it deflect yet again because you are too self absorbed to backtrack on your absurdness.

"Briles beat Gary more often than not"...goes 3-4 and gets ass handed to him every other year.
Mothra
MilliVanilli said:

Mothra said:

MilliVanilli said:

Mothra said:

Curious why you keep referring to others as if they agree with you. Other than you - a little barking dog - I get along with everyone on this board. Tell me, bra, who are your friends here? Can you even name one?

Reality agrees with me.

You're the one promoting a fantasy and trying to deflect because you an intellectual coward caught in a lie.

"Briles beat Gary more often then not" became "Briles often beat Him", neither is true.

3-4 and ass handed to him every other year is not often beating anyone, the fact you can't own up to empirical realities when confronted with them means you have a deep aversion to the truth about almost anything based in reality.

LOL! Oh yes I'm sure you're gotten just tons of PMs from people complaining about me. Sure bra. Cool story.

Yeah it's actually funny stuff, because you're oblivious to your reputation and obsessed with other people you stalk.

But now you're cornered and caught in another lie and all you can do it deflect yet again because you are too self absorbed to backtrack on your absurdness.

"Briles beat Gary more often than not"...goes 3-4 and gets ass handed to him every other year.

3-3 bra, remember?

Milli: "Briles only recruited good QBs, RBs and WRs."

Me: "Um, 15 players drafted under Briles who weren't QBs, RBs and WRs."

Milli to himself: "Oh damn."

Milli to the board: "Sorry I'm not reading your posts after the first sentence and therefore can't respond to what you've said."

Sure bra. I'm the one who has trouble owning up to stupidity.

Keep yipping little chihuahua.

MilliVanilli
Mothra said:

MilliVanilli said:

Mothra said:

MilliVanilli said:

Mothra said:

Reality agrees with me.

3-3 bra, remember?

Milli: "Briles only recruited good QBs, RBs and WRs."

Me: "Um, 15 players drafted under Briles who weren't QBs, RBs and WRs."

Milli to himself: "Oh damn."

Milli to the board: "Sorry I'm not reading your posts after the first sentence and therefore can't respond to what you've said."

Sure bra. I'm the one who has trouble owning up to stupidity.

You're just a sociopath with a screen name, it is honestly a stupid hill to die on, but you're so hilariously absurd that it's the perfect example to highlight what a hack you are.

Mothra
Briles wasn't coaching here when we lost last year little chihuahua. Remember?

I guess you feel if you repeat a lie often enough people will believe it.

Now run a long and piss on someone else's fire hydrant.
MilliVanilli
Mothra said:

"Briles beat Gary more often than not"....goes 3-4 and gets ass handed to him every other year.

Love your attempts to say you didn't say it and now try to dance back after doubling down.

But what else to expect from a stalker who insults Coach Rhule's wife as an attempt to put down people that aren't apologists for the dismissal of the former regime.
Mothra
More lies. 3-3. Hard to lose a game when you're sitting on the couch. The Briles hatred has you not thinking clearly.

"Briles only recruited good QBs, RBs and WRs." 15 non QBs, RBs and WRs drafted under Briles.
MilliVanilli
Mothra said:

More lies. 3-3. Hard to lose a game when you're sitting on the couch. The Briles hatred has you not thinking clearly.

"Briles only recruited good QBs, RBs and WRs." 15 non QBs, RBs and WRs drafted under Briles.
Such a strange and deranged troll you are, you turn a mistake you could've quickly rectified into proof you're just a liar.

"Briles beat Gary more often than not"....goes 3-4 and gets ass handed to him every other year.

So quit trying to say anything otherwise, the past regime went 3-4, getting blown out thrice.

Also most sane non trolls know offense is what Briles excelled at recruiting and wasn't good at recruiting defense, why this is your feeble attempt to deflect from the fact you were caught in a lie is just asinine...but so is your conduct on this forum daily.

Any man cowardly enough to mock a coach's wife over football is the lowest of the low, and that's the cellar you occupy.
Mothra
MilliVanilli said:

Mothra said:

Such a strange and deranged troll you are, you turn a mistake you could've quickly rectified into proof you're just a liar.

So quit trying to say anything otherwise, the past regime went 3-4, getting blown out thrice.

Also most sane non trolls know offense is what Briles excelled at recruiting and wasn't good at recruiting defense, why this is your feeble attempt to deflect from the fact you were caught in a lie is just asinine...but so is your conduct on this forum daily.

3-3. Briles wasn't coaching here last year little chihuahua.

MilliVanilli
Mothra said:

MilliVanilli said:

Mothra said:

3-3. Briles wasn't coaching here last year little chihuahua.

You keep on insulting coach's wives and pretending you don't say the asinine things you say, I'm sure it will get you somewhere in life.

What a deranged attention seeker you are, seek help, truly.
Mothra
It's hilarious how much I'm in your head.

Night night little chihuahua. I'll let you have the last yip since I know how important that is to you. Try not to wake the parents up when you go to bed.
MilliVanilli
Mothra said:

It's hilarious how much I'm in your head.

Night night little chihuahua. I'll let you have the last yip since I know how important that is to you. Try not to wake the parents up when you go to bed.
No, it's just sad you lie about your posts, stalk people, and then insult innocent women for no reason because they are married to a coach of a struggling college football team.

You're the kind of individual that's crying out for help, please get some.
Jacques Strap
Mothra said:

Thee University said:

Jacques Strap said:

No way they make the playoffs. They don't "play the right way". They are a spread team for crying out loud and I've read repeadely on this site posts by Thee and others that no spread team will EVER win it all much less make the playoffs. You can only beat Alabama if you play the game on their terms and out recruit them. It is KNOWN.
Lying MFer. What I said for YEARS that no Art Briles team would make it.

Patterson is different. He believes in Defense first. When he realized that he was not going to get there without a new Offense he went out and hired Sonny Cumbie. He has had a dedicated Special Teams coach for 3 years now.

Patterson is a complete coach and got closer to making the final four than pretender Briles.

If Baylor can't make it I hope that TCU does.

And yet Briles often beat him. Imagine that...
Well the point was that a number of spread teams have won a title and that was the point of the post. It was a obvious sarcastic internet banter and yet again we got to see Thee become irate and hurl insults at other posters including calling me a lying MFer over a little message board humor so I guess we got to see his true colors. Whatever. Put on ignore and move on to the discussion of whether our coaches are bad or the roster is depleted. I don't think it is either/or but I'm a pencil neck lying pearl clutching MFer so what do I know.
Thee University
Mothra said:

Wait a minute........I posted a chihuahua reference a few days ago and you stole it to play on Milli????

Twice?

Get your own material you schlock.
Thee University
Jacques Strap said:

Mothra said:

Thee University said:

Jacques Strap said:

No way they make the playoffs. They don't "play the right way". They are a spread team for crying out loud and I've read repeadely on this site posts by Thee and others that no spread team will EVER win it all much less make the playoffs. You can only beat Alabama if you play the game on their terms and out recruit them. It is KNOWN.

Patterson is different. He believes in Defense first. When he realized that he was not going to get there without a new Offense he went out and hired Sonny Cumbie. He has had a dedicated Special Teams coach for 3 years now.

Patterson is a complete coach and got closer to making the final four than pretender Briles.

Well the point was that a number of spread teams have won a title and that was the point of the post. It was a obvious sarcastic internet banter and yet again we got to see Thee become irate and hurl insults at other posters including calling me a lying MFer over a little message board humor so I guess we got to see his true colors. Whatever. Put on ignore and move on to the discussion of whether our coaches are bad or the roster is depleted. I don't think it is either/or but I'm a pencil neck lying pearl clutching MFer so what do I know.
Irate?

Here on 365?

Impossible. You take this stuff WAY too serious.

I'll save you all some time.

1. Our coaches are not bad. They are very good.
2. Our roster, while not totally depleted, is in horrible shape. This is not an overnight fix.
303Bear
Thee University said:

Jacques Strap said:

Irate?

Here on 365?

2. Our roster, while not totally depleted, is in horrible shape. This is not an overnight fix.

Surely you see why calling someone a "Lying MFer", which you did, might be construed as "hostile" or even "irate".

For someone who does not take this that seriously, you spent an inordinate amount of time tearing down the last coaching staff, and now spend an inordinate amount of time deflecting criticism from the current staff.

Now to your points:

1. What have you seen this year to indicate that our coaches are "very good"?

2. True, our roster is not as strong as in past years, however, it is tough to argue that it is worse that the first two years of Briles tenure, or the last year or two of Guy Morriss's tenure.
KeepAustinBear-d
I'm starting to think mothra and millivanilli are the same dude.

;-)
Mothra
Thee University said:

Jacques Strap said:

Mothra said:

Thee University said:

Jacques Strap said:

Sorry, but losses to Liberty and UTSA run counter to your opinions. Even you have admitted that with our talent, we shouldn't have lost those two games. Our "very good" coaches had 9 months to get us prepared to paste a patsy, and laid a big stinking rotten egg. Players admitted they were ill-prepared and over confident. Is that a talent issue or coaching? And then the very next week - after that wake up call and when we should have seen the most improvement - we had another dreadful performance. Again - when you acknowledge we should have beaten UTSA even with out alleged talent deficiency - that's on the coaches, not the lack of talent.

I know you enamored with the alleged new "attention" to defense and special teams that Rhule supposedly brings to our program, but anyone who can declare these coaches "very good" after what we've seen isn't thinking clearly. I think Rhule was a good coach at Temple, but there are countless good coaches at the lower levels that were unable to duplicate that success at the next level. Although this coaching staff is showing that may be the case here, the jury is still out. However, it is also out on the idea that Rhule and co. will be very good coaches for Baylor. The evidence simply does not support that opinion.
Johnny Bear
CoastalBear said:

Tommy_Lou_Ramsower said:

TCU must be an institution of football and not following their Christian Mission.

And of course, these aren't mutually exclusive.
No they aren't, and you can ask people like Tim Tebow, Dabo Sweeny and Mark Richt about that.

On the other hand, with regard to TCU, they don't claim to be on a Christian Mission and haven't claimed that in a long, long time. In fact, since TCU is really their name now (i.e. it's no longer just an acronym), they don't even have "Christian" in their name any more.
Backporch
80sBEAR said:

Will be HILARIOUS if TCU wins the national championship. That will be salt in our self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head.
I prefer that we beat them on Black Friday and ruin their Playoff hopes...again.

I might be ok with just 1 win if it were against undefeated Frog at Amon Carter.
Backporch
Thee University said:

Jacques Strap said:

Actually he went out and hired Justin Fuente. Then Meacham. Then Cumbie.
80sBEAR
Backporch said:

80sBEAR said:

Will be HILARIOUS if TCU wins the national championship. That will be salt in our self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head.
I prefer that we beat them on Black Friday and ruin their Playoff hopes...again.

I might be ok with just 1 win if it were against undefeated Frog at Amon Carter.
Our biggest nightmare will be if the Froggies are sitting at #5 or #6 in the country and need style points. Hope Coach Rhule will have a good stock on hand of Rocky Road.
"This is not an institution of football."
-- Dr. David Garland
Forest Bueller

Quote:

MilliVanilli said:

The absolute lack of self awareness in this post is amazing.

You are describing yourself, not Moth....
By the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved.
Backporch
CHP Bear said:

MilliVanilli said:

marco said:

Thee University said:

Jacques Strap said:

How you figure, Gomer? Last time I checked BU finished a place or so ahead of TCU the only year both were in consideration. You like to cite end of year rankings, well Holmes, at the end of the competition to make the playoffs Baylor was ranked ahead of TCU. You got a link to back up your claim?
TCU finished #3, leap frogging Baylor after the Cotton Bowl meltdown, the sum body of work made it clear they were a better team.
Body of work? Wouldn't our win over TCU qualify for body of work? Wouldn't our win over TCU qualify us as the better team? If not then why do we keep score?
Didn't we have like 8-9 common opponents and a head to head game?

You can't have a more similar body of work.
Forest Bueller
80sBEAR said:

Backporch said:

80sBEAR said:

Our biggest nightmare will be if the Froggies are sitting at #5 or #6 in the country and need style points. Hope Coach Rhule will have a good stock on hand of Rocky Road.
If the Frogs manage to go undefeated they are in.

Long, long way to go.
By the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved.
Thee University
303Bear said:

Thee University said:

Jacques Strap said:

Irate?

Here on 365?

Surely you see why calling someone a "Lying MFer", which you did, might be construed as "hostile" or even "irate".

For someone who does not take this that seriously, you spent an inordinate amount of time tearing down the last coaching staff, and now spend an inordinate amount of time deflecting criticism from the current staff.

Now to your points:

1. What have you seen this year to indicate that our coaches are "very good"?

2. True, our roster is not as strong as in past years, however, it is tough to argue that it is worse that the first two years of Briles tenure, or the last year or two of Guy Morriss's tenure.
I don't normally talk like that face-to-face. Usually it is even more vulgar. It's locker room, Trump talk. It is Baylor Gang Banger communication.

Baylor Bubble Boy talk is different. I had you pegged as an Art Briles Banger hence the slip. Sorry boys. I'll revert back to Bubble Banging.

The Briles Boys lost me and the manner in which they sacrificed our program for their benefit is trailer park bush league. They deserve all of what they are getting. When someone tears down what you helped build up you tend to be a bit passionate.

I have a unique perspective into what is happening. While we all want Baylor back to The Briles Boys winning ways, the transition is taking a lot more out of us all than planned. To do this right there is no easy fix.

If you don't want it done RIGHT then you might want to consider moving on to basketball right now.
Thee University
Backporch said:

Thee University said:

Jacques Strap said:

Actually he went out and hired Justin Fuente. Then Meacham. Then Cumbie.
I don't remember Fuente but it shows anyone with a brain that he was and is intent on making the necessary changes on the side of the ball that he and everyone else knew was failing. His ego did not prevent him from making a change where he screwed up.
Thee University
Mothra said:

Thee University said:

Jacques Strap said:

Mothra said:

Thee University said:

Jacques Strap said:

:No way they make the playoffs. They don't "play the right way". They are a spread team for crying out loud and I've read repeadely on this site posts by Thee and others that no spread team will EVER win it all much less make the playoffs. You can only beat Alabama if you play the game on their terms and out recruit them. It is KNOWN.

Sorry, but losses to Liberty and UTSA run counter to your opinions. Even you have admitted that with our talent, we shouldn't have lost those two games. Our "very good" coaches had 9 months to get us prepared to paste a patsy, and laid a big stinking rotten egg. Players admitted they were ill-prepared and over confident. Is that a talent issue or coaching? And then the very next week - after that wake up call and when we should have seen the most improvement - we had another dreadful performance. Again - when you acknowledge we should have beaten UTSA even with out alleged talent deficiency - that's on the coaches, not the lack of talent.

I know you enamored with the alleged new "attention" to defense and special teams that Rhule supposedly brings to our program, but anyone who can declare these coaches "very good" after what we've seen isn't thinking clearly. I think Rhule was a good coach at Temple, but there are countless good coaches at the lower levels that were unable to duplicate that success at the next level. Although this coaching staff is showing that may be the case here, the jury is still out. However, it is also out on the idea that Rhule and co. will be very good coaches for Baylor. The evidence simply does not support that opinion.
Patience.

We will get there.

We are halfway into Season #1.

We have been horrifically embarrassed. We were not prepared for our first 2 games. I think we started seeing strides taken versus Duke & OU. OSU is very good and excellent in Stillwater.

I am certain the player's mental states are fragile and if they read 365 they will likely become further depressed.

I trust the professional, experienced and tenured staff Matt has hired to turn us around. Being winless at this point is a nightmare but I'm not jumping ship and QUITTING like many on this board have done. Not yet.
Boatshoes
Mothra said:

Petition to change MV's name to Yippy_Little_Chihuahua in 5...4...3...
303Bear
Thee University said:

I don't normally talk like that face-to-face. Usually it is even more vulgar. It's locker room, Trump talk. It is Baylor Gang Banger communication. This statement really makes no sense, but I do not believe you are really so obtuse as to not see how someone might see that as "hostile".

Baylor Bubble Boy talk is different. I had you pegged as an Art Briles Banger hence the slip. Sorry boys. I'll revert back to Bubble Banging. Again, objection, non-responsive.

The Briles Boys lost me and the manner in which they sacrificed our program for their benefit is trailer park bush league. They deserve all of what they are getting. When someone tears down what you helped build up you tend to be a bit passionate. So Roberts, Steele and Morriss did not tear anything down? I believe the Briles crew tore down what they built for the most part. The scandal does not make national news if we are still a 2-4 win/year team when it breaks.

I have a unique perspective into what is happening. While we all want Baylor back to The Briles Boys winning ways, the transition is taking a lot more out of us all than planned. To do this right there is no easy fix.

If you don't want it done RIGHT then you might want to consider moving on to basketball right now.
So again, let me ask:

What have you seen, this year, from this team (the 2017 Baylor Bears) and this coaching staff (CMR and staff) that indicates to you and your "unique perspective" that there is success in the future?
Thee University
303Bear said:

Thee University said:

I don't normally talk like that face-to-face. Usually it is even more vulgar. It's locker room, Trump talk. It is Baylor Gang Banger communication. This statement really makes no sense, but I do not believe you are really so obtuse as to not see how someone might see that as "hostile".

Baylor Bubble Boy talk is different. I had you pegged as an Art Briles Banger hence the slip. Sorry boys. I'll revert back to Bubble Banging. Again, objection, non-responsive.

The Briles Boys lost me and the manner in which they sacrificed our program for their benefit is trailer park bush league. They deserve all of what they are getting. When someone tears down what you helped build up you tend to be a bit passionate. So Roberts, Steele and Morriss did not tear anything down? I believe the Briles crew tore down what they built for the most part. The scandal does not make national news if we are still a 2-4 win/year team when it breaks.

So again, let me ask:

What have you seen, this year, from this team (the 2017 Baylor Bears) and this coaching staff (CMR and staff) that indicates to you and your "unique perspective" that there is success in the future?
Allow me to retort to your bolded words. They scare me!

1. You have no sense of humor or you are indeed a Bubble Boy who wandered into 365 while looking for the Dr. Pepper Float hour at the SUB. The statement makes perfect sense to the majority of 365 posters who realize exactly what I was implying.

2. Objection your honor! Objection? I lied though. I will never talk Baylor Bubble Boy talk.

3. You are 2/3 correct. Roberts & Steele did tear down but I think Morriss was actually restoring it a bit. I spent a few years on BFs pointing out the Roberts/Steele debacle only to have guys just like you embarrassingly defending Dave & Kevin. I don't need to remind you that I have been 100% correct in my early assessments of Reedy, Roberts, Steele & Briles. The Briles implosion was predicted years ago and was the easiest call.

Your comment that the scandal does not make national news if we were 2 or 4 wins per year is total BS. The wins were not the problem. What brought the house down was our borderline Miami thug attitude on and off the field. Our trailer trash talkin before, during and after the games. Our mall fight. Interviews without a shirt even after the microscopes arrived in Waco. No sit down, come to Jesus meeting 3 -4 years ago when the smoke signals started gathering over Waco. No respecting the media. Beating up on our patsie parade opponents. Taunting, Nugg Dancing, in-bred staff, poor leadership from AD & President. The list goes on.

My "unique perspective" as you put it leads me to believe that Rhule & crew are the right choice because we are seeing flashes of solid defense, very capable offense and improved special teams play. It takes time.

Attitude changes take time. If we have players that do not want to be a Baylor Bear and be a part of a program that has a chance to make history jerk their scholarships, demote them, make them do Oklahoma drills before, during and after practice.

I trust our professional coaches.

Those of you who have quit on the Bears need to haul @$$.
Mothra
Thee University said:

Mothra said:

Thee University said:

Jacques Strap said:

Mothra said:

Thee University said:

Jacques Strap said:

:No way they make the playoffs. They don't "play the right way". They are a spread team for crying out loud and I've read repeadely on this site posts by Thee and others that no spread team will EVER win it all much less make the playoffs. You can only beat Alabama if you play the game on their terms and out recruit them. It is KNOWN.

Patience.

We will get there.

We have been horrifically embarrassed. We were not prepared for our first 2 games. I think we started seeing strides taken versus Duke & OU. OSU is very good and excellent in Stillwater.

I am certain the player's mental states are fragile and if they read 365 they will likely become further depressed.

I trust the professional, experienced and tenured staff Matt has hired to turn us around. Being winless at this point is a nightmare but I'm not jumping ship and QUITTING like many on this board have done. Not yet.
Fair enough, Thee. Points I agree with are Rhule has seemed to put a good staff together, save and except for the offensive coordinator. And I think his track record, while not necessarily an indicator that he will have success here, at least gives hope that he has the ability to turn it around. And he seems to be putting a good class together, if he can hold it together after a terrible season.

While I believe based on what I've seen thus far that Rhule's tenure here will be more akin to Steele's than Briles, I will be interested to know your opinion once the season is done. What is acceptable in your opinion, and when will it be time for a change?
303Bear
Thee University said:

Allow me to retort to your bolded words. They scare me!

1. You have no sense of humor or you are indeed a Bubble Boy who wandered into 365 while looking for the Dr. Pepper Float hour at the SUB. The statement makes perfect sense to the majority of 365 posters who realize exactly what I was implying. You know nothing about me, but I appreciate the assumptions and smug self-assurance. The constant need to puff your chest through an internet message board is an interesting look at your own ego.

2. Objection your honor! Objection? I lied though. I will never talk Baylor Bubble Boy talk. More drivel.

3. You are 2/3 correct. Roberts & Steele did tear down but I think Morriss was actually restoring it a bit. I spent a few years on BFs pointing out the Roberts/Steele debacle only to have guys just like you embarrassingly defending Dave & Kevin. I don't need to remind you that I have been 100% correct in my early assessments of Reedy, Roberts, Steele & Briles. The Briles implosion was predicted years ago and was the easiest call. "guys like you", interesting that you know so much about people you have never met. Since I was not around online for the Steele or prior years, and since we do not know each other, I cannot vouch for the accuracy of any predictions you may or may not have made about them. I do, however, recall you only beginning to crow about Briles after Baylor began winning and gaining national attention. Then it was a constant diatribe of belittlement and put downs of the team.

Your comment that the scandal does not make national news if we were 2 or 4 wins per year is total BS. The wins were not the problem. What brought the house down was our borderline Miami thug attitude on and off the field. Our trailer trash talkin before, during and after the games. Our mall fight. Interviews without a shirt even after the microscopes arrived in Waco. No sit down, come to Jesus meeting 3 -4 years ago when the smoke signals started gathering over Waco. No respecting the media. Beating up on our patsie parade opponents. Taunting, Nugg Dancing, in-bred staff, poor leadership from AD & President. The list goes on. I think we have to agree to disagree on this one. And you are aware that there is still dancing on the sidelines, in addition to a little tykes basketball hoop, right?

My "unique perspective" as you put it leads me to believe that Rhule & crew are the right choice because we are seeing flashes of solid defense, very capable offense and improved special teams play. It takes time. Our place kicker is the best we have had in decades, true. The rest of our special teams play is roughly the same. We have historically had some great punters, out of necessity. Kick coverage has not looked markedly better than the last several years.

Defensively, we played about one and a half quarters of (mostly) solid defense against each of OU and KSU. The D against Liberty and OSU was atrocious. I would kill to have 4 more Clay Johnston's on the roster.

Offense has not looked good, with the lone exception of the second half of the OU game.

Attitude changes take time. If we have players that do not want to be a Baylor Bear and be a part of a program that has a chance to make history jerk their scholarships, demote them, make them do Oklahoma drills before, during and after practice.

I trust our professional coaches.

Those of you who have quit on the Bears need to haul @$$.
Glad you are optimistic. I do not see anything this year that gives me much hope for the future, but as I have not given up, I will not "haul @$$" as you put it.
BearTruth13
I don't like Patterson. He is a ******y guy. But I sure respect his accomplishments.

During his time at TCU, they have finished the year ranked in the top 25 10 times. Top 10 6 times. And Top 3 twice.

He posted a 12 win season in the Big 12 (something Briles never accomplished).

He got a small private school PROMOTED into a P5 conference. That is almost unheard of.

They have had some mediocre rebuilding seasons since joining the Big 12 (2012, 2013, 2016). But even when their record was subpar they never got blown out. Their worst loss during these years was by 25. And they smoked us in 2012 and 2016.

Patterson is going to go down as a Hall of Fame coach.
MilliVanilli
Forest Bueller said:

Quote:

MilliVanilli said:

The absolute lack of self awareness in this post is amazing.

You are describing yourself, not Moth....
Lulz, clutch those pearls a little harder there. Anyone that insults coach's wives and is factually divorced from basic empirical fact is a badge of honor to be compared as antithetical to.
Thee University
Mothra said:

Thee University said:

Mothra said:

Thee University said:

Jacques Strap said:

Mothra said:

Thee University said:

Jacques Strap said:

K:No way they make the playoffs. They don't "play the right way". They are a spread team for crying out loud and I've read repeadely on this site posts by Thee and others that no spread team will EVER win it all much less make the playoffs. You can only beat Alabama if you play the game on their terms and out recruit them. It is KNOWN.

Patience.

We will get there.

Fair enough, Thee. Points I agree with are Rhule has seemed to put a good staff together, save and except for the offensive coordinator. And I think his track record, while not necessarily an indicator that he will have success here, at least gives hope that he has the ability to turn it around. And he seems to be putting a good class together, if he can hold it together after a terrible season.

While I believe based on what I've seen thus far that Rhule's tenure here will be more akin to Steele's than Briles, I will be interested to know your opinion once the season is done. What is acceptable in your opinion, and when will it be time for a change?
If we don't win 3 games out of the next 6 I may drink the poison punch you guys have already consumed.

Time for a change fluctuates based upon many factors you and I are not privy to.

Once this train wreck is over and my turkey has settled we will know much more. Recruiting is critical. We need JC help in some positions and the 3 transformation we get will help.

All is not lost just yet.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.