Football
Sponsored by

Kaz hired by SMU

23,621 Views | 184 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Keyser Soze
PervertedLittleTarts
How long do you want to ignore this user?
tommie said:

PervertedLittleTarts said:

tommie said:

Doc Holliday said:

Can you really blame Rhule though for letting Kaz go when Baylor essentially did nothing but sh*t on the guy and his coworkers?

Yes. That's an easy one. He hasn't replaced him with better and he doesn't seem to understand August climate in Texas.

Two questions:

1) How do you know he hasn't replaced him with better?

2) He doesn't understand Texas' August climate? What do you mean by that?

Our team was gased against Liberty. (And other teams) Reminded me of the Guy Morriss teams that needed "pickle juice".

Briles teams played faster, more plays and more go routes.

Didn't seem gased. That tells me, current S&G coach didn't properly prepare the team for the Texas heat (which means he wasn't better).

Maybe they focused on the strength side of S&C.

So you think when they were here throughout the entire Texas summer prior to the season, they didn't notice that it was hot? Or could it be that the other teams that were playing primarily 20-23 year olds were pushing around our 18-19 year olds?

Yes, Rhule has made no bones about the fact that the focus of S&C is primarily on strength and mass moreso than conditioning. And during the Cotton Bowl, we got to see firsthand what can happen when facing a bigger, stronger team.
Mitch Blood Green

tommie said:

tommie said:

Doc Holliday said:

Can you really blame Rhule though for letting Kaz go when Baylor essentially did nothing but sh*t on the guy and his coworkers?

Yes. That's an easy one. He hasn't replaced him with better and he doesn't seem to understand August climate in Texas.

Two questions:

Our team was gased against Liberty. (And other teams) Reminded me of the Guy Morriss teams that needed "pickle juice".

Didn't seem gased. That tells me, current S&G coach didn't properly prepare the team for the Texas heat (which means he wasn't better).

So you think when they were here throughout the entire Texas summer prior to the season, they didn't notice that it was hot? Or could it be that the other teams that were playing primarily 20-23 year olds were pushing around our 18-19 year olds?

Yes, Rhule has made no bones about the fact that the focus of S&C is primarily on strength and mass moreso than conditioning. And during the Cotton Bowl, we got to see firsthand what can happen when facing a bigger, stronger team.

To the first question, yes. The team wasn't conditioned as usual.

As for MSU. I recall a block in the back and a blocked field goal because the holder moved up one yard. Neither has to do with strength or "toughness". We score the TD on the interception if we do nothing.
xiledinok
REX said:

xiledinok said:

The former OU fixer was at Kansas and worked for their ticket office. During his time with the Kansas ticket office, several members of the KU athletic department were federally indicted and went to prison.
After the Kansas ticket office scandal, the former OU employee was then the recruiting coordinator at OU.
Just prior to Stoops abruptly hanging it up at OU, he was fired. Instead of heading to another athletic department, he was at an oil company for a year. Now, it is Spike's son's last chance.

Rex, I bet OU 's former fixer can tell ya how he was canned and who he can thank for getting put under the microscope at OU.

Do they teach you this language in Oklahoma?

It's same language they used to crush Art.
"That means you, Baylor."
I guess they needed to draw a picture for Art. A cupcake schedule and a hangman figure drawn on card board.
Malbec
Bearish said:

Malbec said:

Bearish said:

Not deciding to terminate for cause, which was the original intent.

Briles filed an emergency motion for separate legal counsel in the Hernandez suit, simultaneously claiming wrongful termination. Baylor decided that it was in our best interest to end the legal battle with Briles and not open ourselves up to unending legal expenses. Briles dropped the motion and inked a $15.1MM settlement literally the next day. That's pretty much how.

Let's not forget Briles was owed $40MM - largely guaranteed.
Fiction.

Which part, amigo?
The vast majority that appears after your screen name, which is made up as well.
Malbec

tommie said:

tommie said:

Doc Holliday said:

Two questions:

The diminished capacity of Baylor's S&C programs under the new regime are most evident in the sports other than football, but you can see it in football as well.
xiledinok
Dimished capacity is taking a bunch of money from an NCAA school after a scandal, turning around and running a pr campaign against an NCAA school to the point that you should not to coach again in NCAA football and making yourself out to be a universally disliked coach.

I thought Kaz only handled football.
PervertedLittleTarts
Malbec said:

tommie said:

tommie said:

Doc Holliday said:

Two questions:

The diminished capacity of Baylor's S&C programs under the new regime are most evident in the sports other than football, but you can see it in football as well.

What the? I can't believe I'm having to point out how obviously false this statement is. The transformation some of these players have gone through in the past few months in some cases is staggering. Have you seen JaMycal Hasty lately? Last season he still looked like a kid, now he looks like a young Marshawn Lynch. What about Charlie Brewer? I can't believe he's put on that much mass in just about four months since the season ended, especially with a bum shoulder from the TCU game. There's plenty of other examples like Teck and Xavier Newman.

I don't know how the team is going to play this season, but to discount the transformations being made through S&C either means you haven't been paying attention or you have no earthly idea what you're talking about.
PervertedLittleTarts
tommie said:

tommie said:

tommie said:

Doc Holliday said:

Two questions:

As for MSU. I recall a block in the back and a blocked field goal because the holder moved up one yard. Neither has to do with strength or "toughness". We score the TD on the interception if we do nothing.

I agree that there's no doubt we those were huge and unnecessary errors, but what you saw that day was a team with superior skill players (Baylor) get manhandled by a team with superior strength and mass. We couldn't run the football on them to save our lives, and so when we got up by three scores, we couldn't burn clock and put the game away because their defense was punching our offense in the mouth, which kept MSU in the game. And on the flip side, their offense was taking advantage of our defense who had worn down and suddenly couldn't stop them.

So I don't know how you missed it, but strength and toughness won the game that day.
Malbec
xiledinok said:

Dimished capacity is taking a bunch of money from an NCAA school after a scandal, turning around and running a pr campaign against an NCAA school to the point that you should not to coach again in NCAA football and making yourself out to be a universally disliked coach.

You thought wrong.
Malbec

Malbec said:

tommie said:

tommie said:

Doc Holliday said:

Two questions:

What the? I can't believe I'm having to point out how obviously false this statement is. The transformation some of these players have gone through in the past few months in some cases is staggering. Have you seen JaMycal Hasty lately? Last season he still looked like a kid, now he looks like a young Marshawn Lynch. What about Charlie Brewer? I can't believe he's put on that much mass in just about four months since the season ended, especially with a bum shoulder from the TCU game. There's plenty of other examples like Teck and Xavier Newman.

I don't know how the team is going to play this season, but to discount the transformations being made through S&C either means you haven't been paying attention or you have no earthly idea what you're talking about.

I stand by my statement, which you obviously failed to fully comprehend. You are right about one thing; there are plenty of athletes at Baylor that have "put on ... much mass" under this S&C staff. Oh yeah, I have been paying attention skipper.
GoldMind
BikerBear said:

So this now gives me 3 schools that interest me enough to allow me to watch a little college football this fall.

1) SMU
2) University of Houston
3) University of Tulsa

I certainly am not going to watch this dumpster fire. I am a graduate and a long-time fan, but I can honestly say that I no longer give a rat's rear end about the Baylor football program. I got an email earlier today, letting me know about Baylor's latest propaganda tour, and I just hit unsubscribe.They will not ever get another dime from me.

Good riddance to bad rubbish
Winning by cheating is just as impressive as winning fairly, probably even more so. Your opponent was better than you in every way, and you beat them with your brain.
PervertedLittleTarts
Malbec said:

Malbec said:

tommie said:

tommie said:

Doc Holliday said:

Two questions:

I stand by my statement, which you obviously failed to fully comprehend. You are right about one thing; there are plenty of athletes at Baylor that have "put on ... much mass" under this S&C staff. Oh yeah, I have been paying attention skipper.

What a compelling argument. Don't you claim to be a lawyer? I sure hope they make you stick to the legal paperwork and don't let you speak to juries.
Malbec
Not so much.
Sailor Bear
Malbec said:

Bearish said:

Malbec said:

Bearish said:

Briles filed an emergency motion for separate legal counsel in the Hernandez suit, simultaneously claiming wrongful termination. Baylor decided that it was in our best interest to end the legal battle with Briles and not open ourselves up to unending legal expenses. Briles dropped the motion and inked a $15.1MM settlement literally the next day. That's pretty much how.

Fiction.

Which part, amigo?
The vast majority that appears after your screen name, which is made up as well.

Your lack of specificity smells like sour Malbecs.
Malbec
Bearish said:

Malbec said:

Bearish said:

Malbec said:

Bearish said:

Fiction.

Which part, amigo?

Your lack of specificity smells like sour Malbecs.
It would be inappropriate for me to speak in specifics, as you have not reported a verifiable source to your theories. That leads your post to be simply a comment based on a belief that you have. Whether your belief is backed by credible sourcing is irrelevant, since you made no claim of such. My retort needs, therefor, to be no more credible than that for which it is assigned. I believe your narrative to be primarily fiction, created mostly by spinning a few known facts and attributing biased reasoning to create the illusion of cause and effect, that suits the advancement of a particular posture, of benefit to those controlling the allegory.
Mitch Blood Green

tommie said:

tommie said:

tommie said:

Doc Holliday said:

Two questions:

I agree that there's no doubt we those were huge and unnecessary errors, but what you saw that day was a team with superior skill players (Baylor) get manhandled by a team with superior strength and mass. We couldn't run the football on them to save our lives, and so when we got up by three scores, we couldn't burn clock and put the game away because their defense was punching our offense in the mouth, which kept MSU in the game. And on the flip side, their offense was taking advantage of our defense who had worn down and suddenly couldn't stop them.

So I don't know how you missed it, but strength and toughness won the game that day.

They didn't beat us with strength and toughness. We did enough to win and we did enough to lose. As happens with close games.

As for Hastey, all that muscle won't mean a thing if he can't go late in the game.

I'll counter your argument with Le'Veon Bell. Let's first agree he's a top 3 back in the NFL.

He became a better back once he lost all that mass. He came out of MSU at 245? He's listed at 225 but looks 215 to me.

Each position has different requirements and everyone at that level is tough. There's nothing those shows me "words" impact a games outcome more then preparation and stamina does.

I have no doubt that has the scandal not happened, Briles and Baylor wins a Natty. I doubt Rhule ever wins more then 8 at this level.
PervertedLittleTarts
tommie said:

tommie said:

tommie said:

tommie said:

Doc Holliday said:

Two questions:

They didn't beat us with strength and toughness. We did enough to win and we did enough to lose. As happens with close games.

As for Hastey, all that muscle won't mean a thing if he can't go late in the game.

I'll counter your argument with Le'Veon Bell. Let's first agree he's a top 3 back in the NFL.

He became a better back once he lost all that mass. He came out of MSU at 245? He's listed at 225 but looks 215 to me.

Each position has different requirements and everyone at that level is tough. There's nothing those shows me "words" impact a games outcome more then preparation and stamina does.

I have no doubt that has the scandal not happened, Briles and Baylor wins a Natty. I doubt Rhule ever wins more then 8 at this level.

Regarding your final statement, perhaps, Perhaps not. We will never know. But who cares about hypotheticals because that don't pay the bills.

Bell is one player that is very much the exception to the rule. The other 99.9% of college and pro football players get better when they get bigger and stronger.

All right, so you think stamina is the Holy Grail to winning football games. So let me ask you this, how much did our stamina help us running the ball in that game? It's conventional wisdom that to win big football games you have to be able to run the ball well, correct? And do you recall what our rushing stats were for that game? -20 yards. Negative. Twenty.

Okay, so let's take out the yardage loss due to sacks. Our leading rusher was Shock who gained a whopping 26 yards at 2.4 yards per carry. Chafin and Jefferson both ended up at -2 yards apiece. Our OL got manhandled in the run game. So how's that work out for your stamina theory?
GoldMind

tommie said:

tommie said:

tommie said:

tommie said:

Doc Holliday said:

Two questions:

Regarding your final statement, perhaps, Perhaps not. We will never know. But who cares about hypotheticals because that don't pay the bills.

Bell is one player that is very much the exception to the rule. The other 99.9% of college and pro football players get better when they get bigger and stronger.

All right, so you think stamina is the Holy Grail to winning football games. So let me ask you this, how much did our stamina help us running the ball in that game? It's conventional wisdom that to win big football games you have to be able to run the ball well, correct? And do you recall what our rushing stats were for that game? -20 yards. Negative. Twenty.

Okay, so let's take out the yardage loss due to sacks. Our leading rusher was Shock who gained a whopping 26 yards at 2.4 yards per carry. Chafin and Jefferson both ended up at -2 yards apiece. Our OL got manhandled in the run game. So how's that work out for your stamina theory?

Lest we forget, if Callahan had just made that last FG, we wouldn't be arguing about S&C.

Offensive face mask? What in the absolute **** was the purpose of calling that?

Hasn't been called since that I've ever seen.
Winning by cheating is just as impressive as winning fairly, probably even more so. Your opponent was better than you in every way, and you beat them with your brain.
xiledinok
Malbec said:

xiledinok said:

You thought wrong.

He didn't handle basketball and they were the best conditioned team on campus.
Mitch Blood Green

tommie said:

tommie said:

tommie said:

tommie said:

Doc Holliday said:

Two questions:

I don't think stamina is the holy grail. I think if you can't go after 10 minutes, or 1/2 then all that lifting is for naught.
PervertedLittleTarts
tommie said:

tommie said:

tommie said:

tommie said:

tommie said:

Doc Holliday said:

Two questions:

I don't think stamina is the holy grail. I think if you can't go after 10 minutes, or 1/2 then all that lifting is for naught.

You mean like in the 4th quarter against MSU?
REX

tommie said:

tommie said:

tommie said:

tommie said:

tommie said:

Doc Holliday said:

Two questions:

Or the second half against liberty
PervertedLittleTarts
REX said:

tommie said:

tommie said:

tommie said:

tommie said:

tommie said:

Doc Holliday said:

Two questions:

Or the second half against liberty

Why do you care? You're not a Baylor fan. You've taken pleasure in Baylor's struggles. You're solely a self-admmitted Briles fan, which is fine because so am I, but neither he nor your son coach at Baylor anymore, so why are you still here? Just to rub our noses in any problems and take shots at the new staff?
Mothra

tommie said:

tommie said:

Doc Holliday said:

Two questions:

This is the kind of b.s. you spout that I referenced in another thread.

First, we didn't lose to MSU because we were not bigger or stronger, or worse conditioned. We lost because we got conservative, made a couple of bonehead plays, and then got a couple of bad calls against us. We win that game if we don't take our foot off the gas, IMO. Strength and mass had zero to do with it. If it did, we wouldn't have been up by 3 touchdowns in the third quarter. We had the largest offensive line in the conference, and the strongest defensive linemen in the conference. Strength and mass had zero to do with it. Just stupid.

As for your questions, our team was not composed last year primarily of 18-19 years olds, and again, anyone who suggests otherwise simply doesn't know the facts. Moreover, it was those first few games - against seriously inferior opponents from a talent perspective, that we looked gassed. Hell, even one of our DL came out and suggested it after the game - we were not prepared physically for that game.

And you say you're not an apologist...
Mothra

Malbec said:

tommie said:

tommie said:

Doc Holliday said:

Two questions:

More mass, and being in shape, are two very different things. We will see this year if more mass means better conditioned.
GoldMind
Mothra said:

tommie said:

tommie said:

Doc Holliday said:

Two questions:

First, we didn't lose to MSU because we were not bigger or stronger, or worse conditioned. We lost because we got conservative, made a couple of bonehead plays, and then got a couple of bad calls against us. We win that game if we don't take our foot off the gas, IMO. Strength and mass had zero to do with it. If it did, we wouldn't have been up by 3 touchdowns in the third quarter. We had the largest offensive line in the conference, and the strongest defensive linemen in the conference. Strength and mass had zero to do with it. Just stupid.

As for your questions, our team was not composed last year primarily of 18-19 years olds, and again, anyone who suggests otherwise simply doesn't know the facts. Moreover, it was those first few games - against seriously inferior opponents from a talent perspective, that we looked gassed. Hell, even one of our DL came out and suggested it after the game - we were not prepared physically for that game.

Show me a team that had -20 rush yards that won the game, Ill show you a flying piano.

Mothra
GoldMind said:

Mothra said:

tommie said:

tommie said:

Doc Holliday said:

Two questions:

Show me a team that had -20 rush yards that won the game, Ill show you a flying piano.

And yet we were still up by 20 in the 4th quarter, with 500 yards passing.
GoldMind
Mothra said:

GoldMind said:

Mothra said:

tommie said:

tommie said:

Doc Holliday said:

Two questions:

And yet we were still up by 20 in the 4th quarter, with 500 yards passing.
...and still lost the game.

Like I said, Callahan does his damn job, that erases everything else.
Mitch Blood Green

tommie said:

tommie said:

tommie said:

tommie said:

tommie said:

Doc Holliday said:

Two questions:

Are you and I having a disagreement about a conference championship team that blew a lead against a top 5 team versus a one win team that lost to Liberty and UTSA?

What is wrong with me?
Mothra
tommie said:

tommie said:

tommie said:

tommie said:

tommie said:

tommie said:

Doc Holliday said:

Two questions:

Are you and I having a disagreement about a conference championship team that blew a lead against a top 5 team versus a one win team that lost to Liberty and UTSA?

What is wrong with me?
Mind boggling, isn't it? We must have won that conference championship and been up by 20 in the 4th in spite of our poor conditioning.

BTW, it was Bravion Roy who said we were unprepared and gassed in the Liberty game. Anyone who watched the game saw it. Reminded me of the Steele years.
GoldMind
Mothra said:

tommie said:

tommie said:

tommie said:

tommie said:

tommie said:

tommie said:

Doc Holliday said:

Two questions:

What is wrong with me?
Mind boggling, isn't it? We must have won that conference championship and been up by 20 in the 4th in spite of our poor conditioning.

BTW, it was Bravion Roy who said we were unprepared and gassed in the Liberty game. Anyone who watched the game saw it. Reminded me of the Steele years.

Losing by 3 in 1 game and getting skull****ed by everyone for 4 years straight evoke the same memories for you?
Mothra
Being unprepared, out of shape, and beaten by 3 at home to a team we were supposed to beat by 35 did indeed feel like the Steele years at that time, not only to me, but also to those sitting around me. Indeed, it did.
GoldMind
Mothra said:

Being unprepared, out of shape, and beaten by 3 at home to a team we were supposed to beat by 35 did indeed feel like the Steele years at that time, not only to me, but also to those sitting around me. Indeed, it did.

Huh. Everyone around me chalked it up to an anomaly and reminded each other that we were coming of a grotesque rape scandal and that it would take a minute to get back.
Mothra
GoldMind said:

Mothra said:

Huh. Everyone around me chalked it up to an anomaly and reminded each other that we were coming of a grotesque rape scandal and that it would take a minute to get back.

Sure that played a part in it. Coaching did as well.

But I was discussing what it felt like, not the reasons we sucked ass.
Mothra
And from what we saw over the course of the rest the season, it certainly wasn't an anomaly. 1-11 says otherwise.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.