Football
Sponsored by

Ravens sign RGIII to 1 year deal

13,619 Views | 93 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by MilliVanilli
trey3216
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Doc Holliday said:

tommie said:

Doc Holliday said:

tommie said:

Mst said:

Kaepernick Isn't doing himself any favors.

He could have worn Hugo Boss. It wouldn't have mattered.
His shirt screams "I hate white people".

Make sure you let him parents know how he feels.

In my experience, the only people screaming "I hate white people" are the people screaming "I hate who're people".
How about this shirt?

trey3216
trey3216 said:

Lot of rumors running that the Ravens may also draft Lamar Jackson if he's there. That'd be a shot to the gut

Welp....
BylrFan
Should Petty and RG3 be worried?
trey3216
BylrFan said:

extremely
Mitch Blood Green
trey3216 said:

BylrFan said:

extremely

Flaco is more dissimilar then 3 and Jackson. I see Baltimore moving on from both QBs on their roster by years end.

Jackson is too inaccurate for it to matter this year.
JETHRO
trey3216 said:

trey3216 said:

Lot of rumors running that the Ravens may also draft Lamar Jackson if he's there. That'd be a shot to the gut

Welp....
Unless Jackson scrambles into the same issues RGIII had early in his career. He could end up on IR.
xiledinok
They will play all three and all three will look bad. Flacco will lose his job to RG3, who'll do his usual running around in the pocket while causing linemen trouble and then he will fling balls into coverage, then Jackson will show why he needed to be on the bench.
bearlyafarmer
JETHRO said:

trey3216 said:

trey3216 said:

Welp....
Unless Jackson scrambles into the same issues RGIII had early in his career. He could end up on IR.
Almost verbatim what one of the Cowboys network guys said last night: "Jackson is just like RGIII --doesn't slide or run out of bounds. He tries to punish the defender. Eventually he'll get hurt just like RGIII."

I think we're going to see a different RGIII this time around; at least I hope so. With any kind of decent OL, I like his chances.
Dia del DougO
Robert had no job for a year, so he shouldn't be any more worried now than before. He has an opportunity that he was not afforded last year.

"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."
CoachHBU2008
bearlyafarmer said:

JETHRO said:

trey3216 said:

trey3216 said:

Welp....
Almost verbatim what one of the Cowboys network guys said last night: "Jackson is just like RGIII --doesn't slide or run out of bounds. He tries to punish the defender. Eventually he'll get hurt just like RGIII."

I think we're going to see a different RGIII this time around; at least I hope so. With any kind of decent OL, I like his chances.
I saw that too. I don't think that is an accurate statement in regards to Lamar Jackson. He is a more natural runner. Even though he takes on hits, he is usually the one who initiates contact. It's almost a deal where it catches defenders off guard. He contorts his body in ways to avoid major hits. And he does not have a history of injuries.

Robert is fast but lacks the instincts and natural football running ability. He isn't elusive. He doesn't juke. But in a straight line race, no one is tracking him down. Because he isn't a natural runner, he took a lot of hits square.

I think this is a great pick by the Ravens and a great situation for Robert. I think they can learn from each other. Lamar can learn the don'ts of being an NFL quarterback and how to better handle the spotlight from Rob. He can also learn better throwing mechanics from a guy who is closer to his skill set and a more willing teacher than Flacco would be.

In return, Robert might learn how to become a better runner of the football. He doesn't a have to be naturally elusive. But he can manufacture elusiveness by placing some juke and dead leg moves to his running repertoire.

I think this pick shows that Rob will be sticking around. It means that they are going to try to transform their offense into a West Coast based/RPO offense, similar to what the Eagles do and the Seahawks do with Russel Wilson. The Browns have been trying to do it with Hue Jackson; hence them signing Rob a couple of years ago. And maybe it would have worked if he didn't get hurt and Josh Gordon was available.

To me this is a faster more athletic scenario of Carson Wentz and Nick Foles with Rob playing the Nick Foles role. The pick of Jackson to me solidifies that Rob will be making the team and may get picked up for next year. As long as he is productive in training camp.

Its a good opportunity for him. I feel that he will see the field this year before Jackson. Maybe he leads the team to a sound record. Who knows. But this pick tells me...it's an open qb competition this year. Lamar is our guy, but if Rob looks better than Joe during the season, or if Joe gets hurt, this team can be yours until Lamar is ready.
Grumpy
Yes, I would have never thought this a couple months ago, but RG3 is in a better current situation than Petty having signed a 1-year deal. Hopefully Petty will land someplace soon. He seems to be a great guy, and I wish him the best.
bearlyafarmer
CoachHBU2008 said:

bearlyafarmer said:

JETHRO said:

trey3216 said:

trey3216 said:

Welp....

I saw that too. I don't think that is an accurate statement in regards to Lamar Jackson. He is a more natural runner. Even though he takes on hits, he is usually the one who initiates contact. It's almost a deal where it catches defenders off guard. He contorts his body in ways to avoid major hits. And he does not have a history of injuries.

Robert is fast but lacks the instincts and natural football running ability. He isn't elusive. He doesn't juke. But in a straight line race, no one is tracking him down. Because he isn't a natural runner, he took a lot of hits square.

I think this is a great pick by the Ravens and a great situation for Robert. I think they can learn from each other. Lamar can learn the don'ts of being an NFL quarterback and how to better handle the spotlight from Rob. He can also learn better throwing mechanics from a guy who is closer to his skill set and a more willing teacher than Flacco would be.

In return, Robert might learn how to become a better runner of the football. He doesn't a have to be naturally elusive. But he can manufacture elusiveness by placing some juke and dead leg moves to his running repertoire.

I think this pick shows that Rob will be sticking around. It means that they are going to try to transform their offense into a West Coast based/RPO offense, similar to what the Eagles do and the Seahawks do with Russel Wilson. The Browns have been trying to do it with Hue Jackson; hence them signing Rob a couple of years ago. And maybe it would have worked if he didn't get hurt and Josh Gordon was available.

To me this is a faster more athletic scenario of Carson Wentz and Nick Foles with Rob playing the Nick Foles role. The pick of Jackson to me solidifies that Rob will be making the team and may get picked up for next year. As long as he is productive in training camp.

Its a good opportunity for him. I feel that he will see the field this year before Jackson. Maybe he leads the team to a sound record. Who knows. But this pick tells me...it's an open qb competition this year. Lamar is our guy, but if Rob looks better than Joe during the season, or if Joe gets hurt, this team can be yours until Lamar is ready.
Great post. Your comment about transforming an NFL offense makes me think of something Smoaky brought out just now. Most, if not all, NFL OCs are visiting OU to study what Lincoln Riley is doing offensively there. Very interesting given the entrenched belief that college offenses cannot/ wiil not translate to the NFL.
CoachHBU2008
bearlyafarmer said:

CoachHBU2008 said:

bearlyafarmer said:

JETHRO said:

trey3216 said:

trey3216 said:

Welp....

Great post. Your comment about transforming an NFL offense makes me think of something Smoaky brought out just now. Most, if not all, NFL OCs are visiting OU to study what Lincoln Riley is doing offensively there. Very interesting given the belief that college offenses cannot/ wiil not translate to the NFL.
Absolutely right. They have been doing that for the last handful of years. They did it with Briles as well. Most teams were kind of bummed that the offense was more simplistic than they thought. You wouldn't be able to translate it fully to the league, but maybe in bits and pieces and packages just because from a schematic stand point, you're not fooling anyone.

But this is also why I think the experiment with our offense thus far is a smart move to get ahead in this curb. Ideally, what they are trying to do is turn our passing game into a pro-style concept offense, while continuing the college elements of the run game. It's a prefect offense in theory when done right with exceptional personnel to get the most out of your talent while preparing them for the league. And hopefully the preparation aspect of it is looked at as a plus to potential blue chip recruits who are looking for schools who can act as a perfect feeder into the NFL.

The Ravens currently have Marty Morningweig and Gregg Roman. Marty was the OC when Vick was productive in Philly. Roman was I believe was either Kapernicks OC or Wilson's qb coach. I can't remember. Both have experience with mobile quarterbacks. McNabb, Vick, Kapernick, Wilson. Both are from Andy Reid's coaching tree. And Andy has been evolving the west coast offense for the past 7 years, by adding college spread concepts and misdirection plays.

This is an offense that is perfect for Jackson and Griffin. And, I don't think that Flacco couldn't necessarily run the offense. Foles did. To me Foles is equal in athleticism. You don't have to be a burner. But if you have Alex Smith like capabilities, then you may have a very productive qb on your hand with an offense like this. The question is can they execute it. And do they have the pieces needed for it to excel. I still think they need to add more offensively. If they can get one of the backs in the next couple of rounds and add another player at wide receiver to go with Crabtree and Sneed (Crabtree another Roman disciple), they may have something. They need a strong running game. Whether its Flacco, Jackson or Griff. The Ravens are at their best when they have a great run game to pair with their fast and heavy hitting defense. Having a qb like Griffin, if healthy, or Jackson makes the run game more dynamic.
william
ball your melon, bobby.

- caddyshack BHJ

ball.

your melon.

{ chevy chase caddyshack putting noise }
HuMcK
Job security for RGIII? He will definitley get playing time as Jackson's QB2.
Texasjeremy
HuMcK said:

Are they trying to resign RG3? He is a free agent.
Meladee
Texasjeremy said:

HuMcK said:

Are they trying to resign RG3? He is a free agent.

They likely will. RG3 is a better fit in his playstyle to back up Jackson.
MilliVanilli
One more year of making more money than all the rest of us, milk it while you can.
Baylor3216
What did he make last year? Hasn't he made about $40M endorsements included?
MilliVanilli
Baylor3216 said:

The interwebs claim his estimated net worth is $13 million, but I don't know how much he's made and been taxed/ squandered in divorce.
The Old BEAR
ZatchZell said:

chorne68 said:

Who has turned their back on RG3? He and CAB built our stadium and turned our program around.
go to any RG3 thread on this site, a lot of petty insults being thrown his way.
And a lot of predictions.
I have mine... and sticking by it.
My Briles' prediction came to be 100% correct.
We will see if my RG3 predictions comes to be true too.

As for building the new stadium, I credit the hard working men and women who gave their hard earned money to construct it... not a disgraced coach or a single player.
"Those are some bad dudes. Why was she around those guys?"

---Arthur Ray Briles---
Texasjeremy
Baylor3216 said:

Here is what he has made from the NFL

2012 (Redskins) - $14.19M
2013 (Redskins) - $1.35M
2014 (Redskins) - $2.31M
2015 (Redskins) - $3.27M
2016 (Browns) - $6.98M
2018 (Ravens) - $1.10M

TOTAL - $29.20M
oldbear69
The Old BEAR said:

ZatchZell said:

chorne68 said:

Who has turned their back on RG3? He and CAB built our stadium and turned our program around.

As for building the new stadium, I credit the hard working men and women who gave their hard earned money to construct it... not a disgraced coach or a single player.
Then where were al those "hard working men and women" when Grant was winning championships.........as usual you're wrong,,,,,cab and rg got this done...and since you're so modest about your predictions...let's just call you....

The Old BEAR
oldbear69 said:

The Old BEAR said:

ZatchZell said:

chorne68 said:

Then where were al those "hard working men and women" when Grant was winning championships.........as usual you're wrong,,,,,cab and rg got this done...and since you're so modest about your predictions...let's just call you....

It just chaps you that I am the ORIGINAL The Old BEAR.
You can only lay claim to # 69.
Just wait till RG3 becomes Baylor's OJ. Are you ready?
"Those are some bad dudes. Why was she around those guys?"

---Arthur Ray Briles---
MilliVanilli
Texasjeremy said:

Baylor3216 said:

Here is what he has made from the NFL

2012 (Redskins) - $14.19M
2013 (Redskins) - $1.35M
2014 (Redskins) - $2.31M
2015 (Redskins) - $3.27M
2016 (Browns) - $6.98M
2018 (Ravens) - $1.10M

TOTAL - $29.20M
Don't forget Adidas and Subway money.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.