Football
Sponsored by

Art Briles speaks to the Baylor Line

79,447 Views | 536 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by Pecos 45
Booray
How long do you want to ignore this user?
xiledinok said:

Robert Wilson said:

Booray said:

Robert Wilson said:

Yeah I wouldn't be that gracious about it.
I was also very impressed by one thing from the tape recording of the meeting between the staff and Mack Rhoades over the WSJ article. In the midst of all that s4it, Kendal Briles had one comment: Let's go kick Texas' ass. His dad raised him right.

Briles made mistakes here and should have paid for them. But we screwed him over in a way he did not deserve and the karma is going to kill us for decades.

All dead on.

We really kicked Texas' ass in that 4th quarter! I m told by those in the know Lebby was a dumb one but I didn't expect him to not manage his backs as poorly as he did against Texas.
Of course, when people are recording people, you can expect some folks to play to the recording.
Sleazy people record and pump a little "sound" to juice the audience. Being insincere and stupid works on dumb ones. I have seen it done.
Hasty doesn't fumble and we win. S4it happens, its not always the coaches' fault.
REX
xiledinok said:

Robert Wilson said:

Booray said:

Robert Wilson said:

I was also very impressed by one thing from the tape recording of the meeting between the staff and Mack Rhoades over the WSJ article. In the midst of all that s4it, Kendal Briles had one comment: Let's go kick Texas' ass. His dad raised him right.

Briles made mistakes here and should have paid for them. But we screwed him over in a way he did not deserve and the karma is going to kill us for decades.

All dead on.

We really kicked Texas' ass in that 4th quarter! I m told by those in the know Lebby was a dumb one but I didn't expect him to not manage his backs as poorly as he did against Texas.
Of course, when people are recording people, you can expect some folks to play to the recording.
Sleazy people record and pump a little "sound" to juice the audience. Being insincere and stupid works on dumb ones. I have seen it done.

Are the walls closing in on you at night little buddy?
Can't wait for the big one to drop
It's coming
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Thanks for posting, Stranger. Briles speaks for me regarding Baylor when he said the trust is gone. Just as we suspected, 5-7 Regents blew up the whole damn thing! I still fault the rest for their silence and just going along to get along.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
xiledinok
Dman said:

There is now more out about the BoRs utter failure going back way before Briles...discovery through depositions, interviews under oath, etc than there was used to justify firing Briles. More will continue to come out. They survived the media click bait articles because they controlled the message and directed the narrative...and were Accountable to no one. Now we enter the phase where facts are forced out due to legal proceedings...not hype and hush money.

All failed in some regard. All weren't held accountable. The difference, the decisions and knee jerk "cover our own ass" damage the BoR has created goes far beyond what was done by anyone else.

The fact there are shills on here still defending them is beyond belief. Our university deserves better. .
The regents are more dangerous and smarter than the former regime. It would have been great two years ago to put up a fight but Art chickened out of fear. He's ignored outside of Waco. He covered the regents' ass by taking his blood money. He needed to turn down the money and fight or take it and stfu.

I am all for it coming all out but don't be surprised if the truth doesn't end some more coaching careers and move the public towards hating all involved much more.

I am waiting for Brenda to respond to the article. She uses the former regime's sound bites to rally the hate. It's too easy.
xiledinok
REX said:

xiledinok said:

Robert Wilson said:

Booray said:

Robert Wilson said:

All dead on.

It's coming
Rex, you ready for those show cause hearings and lifetime bans? Be careful what you asked for and hope for in the future. The general public and the network hates your guts. I would suggest a good pr firm. I heard Baylor hired one. Avoid t-shirts and individuals doing any uncontrolled interviews.

You should have dropped your big one two years ago when it was time to sack up and fight. The public thinks there's some disgraced d-bags who still think they need to convince everyone that the regents screwed up.

The regents did screw up but they are a volunteer board, they cannot control Kaz and his henchmen when they live out of town. The Big 12 still withholds the money.
Remember, the political mistake is why he ain't coaching again (but for the mafia league).

Why does a daddy of the former regime post disinformation about Baylor? Yeah, UH is G5 (General 5) and is step in the WRONG direction in the football career path.
"Daddy lies...daddy lies...daddy lies....daddy had to lie." Same verse, different day.
RegentCoverup
REX said:

xiledinok said:

Robert Wilson said:

Booray said:

Robert Wilson said:

All dead on.

It's coming

You've been saying this, what, two years now?

Get a move on.

Your kid must hate working in downtown Houston.
xiledinok
Booray said:

xiledinok said:

Robert Wilson said:

Booray said:

Robert Wilson said:

All dead on.

Hasty doesn't fumble and we win. S4it happens, its not always the coaches' fault.
Hasty hadn't been in the game in 3 quarters. Lebby ran the other back out of gas. It's simple coaching but he's a moron among those in the know. Lebby will need to learn to rotate backs to keep the best one fresh and in the game in the 4th quarter. This would be Football Before 2010.
PartyBear
I would have suspended him. At the time I was thinking suspend him for the whole season and dock him his pay for the months of June 16-Dec 16. We handled it as idiotically as possible.

I was surprised he was willing to sit down with a publication associated with Baylor and talk. He was gracious.
BeerThief
Yogi said:

Art Briles was the most successful football coach in the history of Baylor football.

Under his leadership, we achieved 2 conference titles, a Heisman trophy winner, a new on-campus stadium and helping save this program from the threats of realignment.

The man's numbers were greater than Grant Teaff's.

Briles should one day have a statue on the Baylor campus.

Under Joe Paterno's leadership from 1966-2011, Penn State won 2 national championships, produced a Heisman winner and 42 all-Americans. His numbers are better than most coaches could ever dream of.

Should he have a statue?
PartyBear
Completely different.
Dman
xiledinok said:

Dman said:

There is now more out about the BoRs utter failure going back way before Briles...discovery through depositions, interviews under oath, etc than there was used to justify firing Briles. More will continue to come out. They survived the media click bait articles because they controlled the message and directed the narrative...and were Accountable to no one. Now we enter the phase where facts are forced out due to legal proceedings...not hype and hush money.

All failed in some regard. All weren't held accountable. The difference, the decisions and knee jerk "cover our own ass" damage the BoR has created goes far beyond what was done by anyone else.

The fact there are shills on here still defending them is beyond belief. Our university deserves better. .
The regents are more dangerous and smarter than the former regime. It would have been great two years ago to put up a fight but Art chickened out of fear. He's ignored outside of Waco. He covered the regents' ass by taking his blood money. He needed to turn down the money and fight or take it and stfu.

I am all for it coming all out but don't be surprised if the truth doesn't end some more coaching careers and move the public towards hating all involved much more.

I am waiting for Brenda to respond to the article. She uses the former regime's sound bites to rally the hate. It's too easy.

The only ones the regents are smarter than are Keyser, GT, and the few other shills still carrying their water.

They are still in place for one reason. They were untouchable. Period. Not smarter. No way they survived a vote of confidence from any third party, committee, or alumni had this been the process. This epic failure isn't accepted in the real world. .
Booray
xiledinok said:

Booray said:

xiledinok said:

Robert Wilson said:

Booray said:

Robert Wilson said:

All dead on.

Hasty hadn't been in the game in 3 quarters. Lebby ran the other back out of gas. It's simple coaching but he's a moron among those in the know. Lebby will need to learn to rotate backs to keep the best one fresh and in the game in the 4th quarter. This would be Football Before 2010.
I'm sure we would never lose if only we could have you on the sideline. Far easier the job of the critic than the poet.

Art Briles and his staff puled off a coaching miracle at Baylor. Its that simple.You can bitc4 about the losses for the rest of your life, but it won't change the fact that we went from one of the worst D! programs to one of the best in a very short time.
BeerThief
PartyBear said:

Completely different.
Both fanbases have larges masses of people who say each coach did nothing wrong. I certainly wouldnt say completely different.
homey d clown
RickyButler said:

why do we keep talking about art briles? let's discuss dave Roberts too then
For me, its because he is the best coach we have ever had. He generated more excitement for the program than I have ever seen. Lastly, I feel he was somewhat scapegoated. He should still be our coach. I realize that is just my opinion, You did ask though.
Booray
RickyButler said:

There is one way Baylor folks stop talking about CAB-seeing a football team we can get excited about. Hope Matt Ruhle is the guy to do it.
ETBU
Johnny Bear said:

RickyButler said:

Because he's the greatest and most innovative football HC Baylor has ever had who got needlessly screwed over.

And your question is about the same as asking why do historians keep talking about Abraham Lincoln? Let's discuss Millard Fillmore too then.
Millard Fillmore cracks me up.
ColomboLQ
Nice read. Thank you for posting.
PartyBear
Booray said:

RickyButler said:

There is one way Baylor folks stop talking about CAB-seeing a football team we can get excited about. Hope Matt Ruhle is the guy to do it.
This is exactly right. If we had a winner here it would allow the ghost to rest in peace. Until then we will be haunted.
Dman
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

REX said:

xiledinok said:

Robert Wilson said:

Booray said:

Robert Wilson said:

All dead on.

It's coming

Get a move on.

More has already dropped against the BOR than what they had to justify firing Briles. And what's against the BoR is legal sworn testimony under oath and depositions. Not FOF they wrote themselves.
Doc Holliday
Booray said:

xiledinok said:

Booray said:

xiledinok said:

Robert Wilson said:

Booray said:

Robert Wilson said:

All dead on.

I'm sure we would never lose if only we could have you on the sideline. Far easier the job of the critic than the poet.

Art Briles and his staff puled off a coaching miracle at Baylor. Its that simple.You can bitc4 about the losses for the rest of your life, but it won't change the fact that we went from one of the worst D! programs to one of the best in a very short time.
Boo he doesn't care.

He sees himself as a martyr for those that are criticizing Baylor. And those criticizing Baylor don't care about sexual assault...they just hate Briles and Baylor winning football.

It's the whole "we deserved this" attitude which he thinks makes people say "oh look that guy is accepting guilt, at least he's not a dumb rape apologist".

When people follow this line of thinking they purposely avoid the truth because they have attached themselves to the narrative. So everything that Briles did (even winning) in his opinion is now bad because it further reinforces his martyr complex.
xiledinok
PartyBear said:

I would have suspended him. At the time I was thinking suspend him for the whole season and dock him his pay for the months of June 16-Dec 16. We handled it as idiotically as possible.

I was surprised he was willing to sit down with a publication associated with Baylor and talk. He was gracious.
If only he hadn't lied those regents. Once he lied, he was done.
PartyBear
When will the Regents be done for lying?
xiledinok
Booray said:

xiledinok said:

Booray said:

xiledinok said:

Robert Wilson said:

Booray said:

Robert Wilson said:

All dead on.

It was a basic coaching mistake that you cannot make at his salary. Like above, good authority that he is a moron and wasn't respected at OU (d-bag). I can introduce you prior to kickoff in two weeks to some OU folks and they'll tell you stories.

Hasn't God created enough miracles? I think Briles blew his crap all over the college football community and ticked off the networks. It is not an act of God that he's not working in the United States coaching American football.

Too bad we didn't have an athletic director with a strong football background to manage Art and a football program in Power 5. We needed a man and we had ourselves a ribbon clerk.
BeerThief
Dman said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

REX said:

xiledinok said:

Robert Wilson said:

Booray said:

Robert Wilson said:

All dead on.

It's coming

Get a move on.

More has already dropped against the BOR than what they had to justify firing Briles. And what's against the BoR is legal sworn testimony under oath and depositions. Not FOF they wrote themselves.

The texts and emails that ultimately led to his demise were not written by any regent. It's still a silly argument that the powers that be would want who was largely their biggest cash cow gone just out of spite, and I seriously doubt any of them had time to sit around and make **** up. Money talks, more money talks louder, I believe there's an article out there stating that G3s heisman alone was worth $250mil

https://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Daily/Issues/2012/12/07/Marketing-and-Sponsorship/Heisman.aspx
xiledinok
PartyBear said:

When will the Regents be done for lying?
They haven't put anything in writing or said anything inaccurate. You need to remember that they won't talk or expose themselves to problems. They know that a fact checker will look into what they said or wrote.
The regents know that if they don't cover ass with words that they will have a tribe of Art Briles robe touchers running up underneath them to sue them or try to discredit them nationally (which seems like the regents did accomplish this because KWTX needs a dildo or something on their tower to give their signal more strength).

The regents are also more experienced than some Junior Samples type who shows up to games, has his former staff let in a guy charged with Rape while sxit is hitting the fan nationally about him and his staff and then he turns around and sues like moron and folds like chicken sxit hiding from the truth to protect his stinky butt kids.

You have two sides with dirty hands. One can handle it and stays calm while the other looks like disoriented street hookers hooked on some nasty dope they fell in love with over a few years.
xiledinok
BeerThief said:

Dman said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

REX said:

xiledinok said:

Robert Wilson said:

Booray said:

Robert Wilson said:

All dead on.

It's coming

Get a move on.

The texts and emails that ultimately led to his demise were not written by any regent. It's still a silly argument that the powers that be would want who was largely their biggest cash cow gone just out of spite, and I seriously doubt any of them had time to sit around and make **** up. Money talks, more money talks louder, I believe there's an article out there stating that G3s heisman alone was worth $250mil

https://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Daily/Issues/2012/12/07/Marketing-and-Sponsorship/Heisman.aspx
Who reads sports business daily? A bunch of athletic directors and sports marketing folks-the hype industry?
Texas A&M, nor OU, nor Louisville claim such nonsense. Only Ian could play loose and fast when other schools disagree with the total value.
I have never heard such stupidity from OU because the taxpayers would be like, "show me the value you asshxles" because there's been 3 in Norman in 20 years.
Booray
BeerThief said:

Dman said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

REX said:

xiledinok said:

Robert Wilson said:

Booray said:

Robert Wilson said:

All dead on.

It's coming

Get a move on.

The texts you are talking about:

1. Player was minor in possession of alcohol. Who cares?
2. Player was in possession of a small amount of weed. Who cares?
3. Player asked for a happy ending from a masseuse? Need to know a little more.
4. Player sold drugs and Briles got rid of him. Fine with that.
5. Player has repeated drug violations and school (Kevin Jackson) is handling the discipline. Fine with that.
6. Player brandished gun and threatened female. Definitely need to know more there.
7. Player assault on another student. Waco PD involved, he just does not want it publicized. Fine with that.

http://www.tmz.com/2017/02/02/art-briles-alleged-text-messages/
BUGWBBear
Wonder if he's getting used to Italy, yet? Gawd dam I hate the Regents.
chorne68
The Board is mostly responsible for this situation. There are other people and situations responsible but the the Board is mostly to blame...more than CAB.
Dman
BeerThief said:

Dman said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

REX said:

xiledinok said:

Robert Wilson said:

Booray said:

Robert Wilson said:

All dead on.

It's coming

Get a move on.

You're trying too hard. And nice job ignoring all the sworn testimony against the BoR. They were
Covering their own asses. They thought they could appease the media and the lynch mob by redirecting their anger. This never works. We are a lesson on how not to handle a media driven crises.

And you saw what happened when just a few emails were released against one BoR memeber.."perverted little tarts". Now imagine if they were all released. Even normal ones would have been taken out of context.

More will come out. And like I said. This time under legal discovery and under oath. Not screened and presented by the BoR themselves.
BeerThief
Booray said:

BeerThief said:

Dman said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

REX said:

xiledinok said:

Robert Wilson said:

Booray said:

Robert Wilson said:

All dead on.

It's coming

Get a move on.

The texts you are talking about:

1. Player was minor in possession of alcohol. Who cares?
2. Player was in possession of a small amount of weed. Who cares?
3. Player asked for a happy ending from a masseuse? Need to know a little more.
4. Player sold drugs and Briles got rid of him. Fine with that.
5. Player has repeated drug violations and school (Kevin Jackson) is handling the discipline. Fine with that.
6. Player brandished gun and threatened female. Definitely need to know more there.
7. Player assault on another student. Waco PD involved, he just does not want it publicized. Fine with that.

http://www.tmz.com/2017/02/02/art-briles-alleged-text-messages/

I'm talking about the texts where he asked up to 5 different people to assure some of the victims that the issues were being handled in house and to urge them to let their discipline play out instead of going to the police. The texts you cite above amount to .01% of what was printed off for PH and the board to peruse.
BeerThief
Dman said:

BeerThief said:

Dman said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

REX said:

xiledinok said:

Robert Wilson said:

Booray said:

Robert Wilson said:

All dead on.

It's coming

Get a move on.

You're trying too hard. And nice job ignoring all the sworn testimony against the BoR. They were
Covering their own asses. They thought they could appease the media and the lynch mob by redirecting their anger. This never works. We are a lesson on how not to handle a media driven crises.

And you saw what happened when just a few emails were released against one BoR memeber.."perverted little tarts". Now imagine if they were all released. Even normal ones would have been taken out of context.

More will come out. And like I said. This time under legal discovery and under oath. Not screened and presented by the BoR themselves.

I think you totally missed my point, "idiots" or not, who would terminate the most important person in a division that was bringing in hundreds of millions of dollars?

If you were managing an asset that was making 9 figures, I certainly wouldn't end our relationship without a damn good reason.
NoBSU
Doc Holliday said:

It paints a clear picture that the objective at hand was to remove Starr.

Since Starr was responsible for Briles and Ian...making Briles and Ian look complicit/nefarious made Starr look complicit which made firing Starr very easy.

I suspect the BOR were worried that Starr would point his fingers at the BOR for not having Title IX procedures in place.

In reality both the BOR and Starr were negligent. It was a battle to put blame on one another: which explains the media hit pieces and hidden PH report.

This is explains why the higher ups left the Football program with no support and lied to them about what Pepper Hamilton was doing.

It's all just dirty politics and attempts to gain power at the expense of the Football program, the players, the victims and the Alumni/Fans.
Was Starr even mentioned in the article? I read it but am in my office and needed to respond to a text and take two calls, so maybe I missed it. But the article was about Briles not Starr.
NoBSU
chorne68 said:

The Board is mostly responsible for this situation. There are other people and situations responsible but the the Board is mostly to blame...more than CAB.
Which is what the FoF said. The BOR and the administration.
PartyBear
How did the BOR sanction itself?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.