Football
Sponsored by

Art Briles speaks to the Baylor Line

78,791 Views | 536 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by Pecos 45
Booray
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BeerThief said:

Booray said:

BeerThief said:

ScrappyPaws said:

BeerThief said:

PartyBear said:

Completely different.
Both fanbases have larges masses of people who say each coach did nothing wrong. I certainly wouldnt say completely different.
One coach is proven to have had knowledge that his friend was molesting boys on campus. The other is proven to have raped... no that's not right... covered up... no, that's not it either... ohhh, he sent those text messages hoping some stupid stuff didn't get picked up by the media?!? Plus he should have known Tevin was a serial rapist even though his his teammates and roommates didn't AND he should have known Sam was trouble despite the clean bill of health from BSU.

Totally the same.
Their fans say exactly the same things you just did, he couldn't/didn't know, he didn't do anything wrong, he didn't ask the Penn State bor to keep it under wraps etc etc.

As I recall, Briles apologized on ESPN. If I didn't do anything wrong, I wouldn't be compelled to apologize. Especially if I felt another person or persons was responsible.
His apology was that things happened under his watch, not that he personally did anything wrong. That is what I would call stand-up.

Notice you have responded to other posters, but not to me. Which victims did Briles indirectly encourage not to go to the police. Where can I read those emails/texts?

They're in the same place all these allegations that the bor did something to blow up the football program because buddy jones didn't like that Briles flirted with Texas. You certainly believe that without reading texts or emails, but You imply I'm making this all up. I get the feeling that everyone's mind made up here.

Answer this one question

If x years from now, the case is over and done, and it shows that Briles did indeed send his assistants to tamper with some of the alleged victims, what will your response be?
You won't find one post from me even implying that Buddy Jones wanted to get Briles fired. I don't believe that for a second. Buddy likes to win too much.

What I do know is that you referred to texts and emails Briles allegedly wrote. Having followed this story very carefully I analyzed the texts and emails I was aware of. You said no, there are other emails. I ask where they are. You avoid me. I call you out.

Now you say those other emails don't exist. Which makes your first post on the matter an out and out lie and makes you a liar.

As to your last question, I have always said and continue to say that I have no idea if Art should have been terminated (he should not have been gratuitously trashed in the Shillinglaw "answer") because the BOR won't tell the world what actually happened. If it turns out that the evidence supports the firing, I'll support the firing.

But it will be a cold day in hell before I just accept the word of the BOR or the lying shills that post on their behalf here, yourself most definitely included.
BeerThief
Booray said:

BeerThief said:

Booray said:

BeerThief said:

ScrappyPaws said:

BeerThief said:

PartyBear said:

Completely different.
Both fanbases have larges masses of people who say each coach did nothing wrong. I certainly wouldnt say completely different.
One coach is proven to have had knowledge that his friend was molesting boys on campus. The other is proven to have raped... no that's not right... covered up... no, that's not it either... ohhh, he sent those text messages hoping some stupid stuff didn't get picked up by the media?!? Plus he should have known Tevin was a serial rapist even though his his teammates and roommates didn't AND he should have known Sam was trouble despite the clean bill of health from BSU.

Totally the same.
Their fans say exactly the same things you just did, he couldn't/didn't know, he didn't do anything wrong, he didn't ask the Penn State bor to keep it under wraps etc etc.

As I recall, Briles apologized on ESPN. If I didn't do anything wrong, I wouldn't be compelled to apologize. Especially if I felt another person or persons was responsible.
His apology was that things happened under his watch, not that he personally did anything wrong. That is what I would call stand-up.

Notice you have responded to other posters, but not to me. Which victims did Briles indirectly encourage not to go to the police. Where can I read those emails/texts?

They're in the same place all these allegations that the bor did something to blow up the football program because buddy jones didn't like that Briles flirted with Texas. You certainly believe that without reading texts or emails, but You imply I'm making this all up. I get the feeling that everyone's mind made up here.

Answer this one question

If x years from now, the case is over and done, and it shows that Briles did indeed send his assistants to tamper with some of the alleged victims, what will your response be?
You won't find one post from me even implying that Buddy Jones wanted to get Briles fired. I don't believe that for a second. Buddy likes to win too much.

What I do know is that you referred to texts and emails Briles allegedly wrote. Having followed this story very carefully I analyzed the texts and emails I was aware of. You said no, there are other emails. I ask where they are. You avoid me. I call you out.

Now you say those other emails don't exist. Which makes your first post on the matter an out and out lie and makes you a liar.

As to your last question, I have always said and continue to say that I have no idea if Art should have been terminated (he should not have been gratuitously trashed in the Shillinglaw "answer") because the BOR won't tell the world what actually happened. If it turns out that the evidence supports the firing, I'll support the firing.

But it will be a cold day in hell before I just accept the word of the BOR or the lying shills that post on their behalf here, yourself most definitely included.

Well noted, thank you.

There are several text strings and years worth of emails, they will be introduced into hearings when and if the situation calls for it.
RegentCoverup
I watched a dude get kicked out Baylor for smuggling beer in the dorms. Beer. Twenty years later, the head(shaft?) of the Baylor board of regents runs a business selling dildos and male enhancement pills.
And none of the other Regents will say a word about it...

I'm just going to sit back and watch these people make fools of themselves..
Booray
BeerThief said:

Booray said:

BeerThief said:

Booray said:

BeerThief said:

ScrappyPaws said:

BeerThief said:

PartyBear said:

Completely different.

Totally the same.

Answer this one question

Well noted, thank you.

There are several text strings and years worth of emails, they will be introduced into hearings when and if the situation calls for it.
The situation has called for release of the alleged texts, emails and all other relevant info for two years; this idea that we will tell you what we think you need to know when we think you need to know it, is garbage-level BS.

You will eventually pay Dunnam and his clients to avoid the truth coming out in this s4itshow.

But I have a question for you: how did you get to see the alleged texts and emails that have not been made available to the public? Are you a BOR member? Work for the attorneys?
BearInBigD
RickyButler said:

SIC EM 94 said:

RickyButler said:

why do we keep talking about art briles? let's discuss dave Roberts too then
Because Baylor will never be the same...ever, and I'm not talking just about football. People like you who are weak, are willing to just accept that unfortunately.
don't call me weak, you little *******. you don't know me or the stuff I have seen or done in my 83 years on this earth. I am only asking why we keep talking about a coach that isn't here anymore. people need to move on because briles aint coming back
Maybe stop running your mouth on a message board so much then. You don't have a right to control what people do and don't talk about, you self-righteous ******.
Osodecentx
Booray said:

BeerThief said:

Well noted, thank you.

You will eventually pay Dunnam and his clients to avoid the truth coming out in this s4itshow.

But I have a question for you: how did you get to see the alleged texts and emails that have not been made available to the public? Are you a BOR member? Work for the attorneys?
Oops! Great question
BoonDockSaint
I still believe Orangebloods had a Direct hand in this...

Especially in the media and pushing the Outrage on Espn etc....starting with that Texas Monthly article

I also believe they wanted Art and he wasnt interested in going to UT at that point and they got pissed and sought to destroy him

Dungeon Athletics
BeerThief said:

Booray said:

BeerThief said:

Booray said:

BeerThief said:

ScrappyPaws said:

BeerThief said:

PartyBear said:

Completely different.

Totally the same.

Answer this one question

Well noted, thank you.

And Baylor has miraculously avoided making these subject to discovery?
YoakDaddy
Thread bookmarked!
BeerThief
Booray said:

BeerThief said:

Booray said:

BeerThief said:

Booray said:

BeerThief said:

ScrappyPaws said:

BeerThief said:

PartyBear said:

Completely different.

Totally the same.

Answer this one question

Well noted, thank you.

The situation has called for release of the alleged texts, emails and all other relevant info for two years; this idea that we will tell you what we think you need to know when we think you need to know it, is garbage-level BS.

I am very close with a couple of people who were in the room. So unless someone I've been close with for 20+ years and blood kin are lying to me, I'm positive that their assertions are genuine.

I know y'all want gory details with names, texts, timestamps etc. it no one in their right mind would release that. It will be utilized when the time comes.
BaylorOkie
BeerThief said:

Yogi said:

Art Briles was the most successful football coach in the history of Baylor football.

Under his leadership, we achieved 2 conference titles, a Heisman trophy winner, a new on-campus stadium and helping save this program from the threats of realignment.

The man's numbers were greater than Grant Teaff's.

Briles should one day have a statue on the Baylor campus.

Under Joe Paterno's leadership from 1966-2011, Penn State won 2 national championships, produced a Heisman winner and 42 all-Americans. His numbers are better than most coaches could ever dream of.

Should he have a statue?
Other than our current head coach, who at Baylor gives a rip about JoPa?
xiledinok
Booray said:

BeerThief said:

Booray said:

BeerThief said:

ScrappyPaws said:

BeerThief said:

PartyBear said:

Completely different.

Totally the same.

Answer this one question

Stranger told us all this information 2 years ago.
Buddy sure didn't like Briles.
Who was Texas Monthly 's source? Hint: Texas Monthly editors named him one of the 25 most powerful Texans. Distinguished ass kissing award in my Texan viewpoint.
Lobbyist > not popular coach outside the Baylor community.
PartyBear
BeerThief said:

Booray said:

BeerThief said:

Booray said:

BeerThief said:

Booray said:

BeerThief said:

ScrappyPaws said:

BeerThief said:

PartyBear said:

Completely different.

Totally the same.

Answer this one question

Well noted, thank you.

I am very close with a couple of people who were in the room. So unless someone I've been close with for 20+ years and blood kin are lying to me, I'm positive that their assertions are genuine.

I know y'all want gory details with names, texts, timestamps etc. it no one in their right mind would release that. It will be utilized when the time comes.

Again I'll repeat a question someone else asked? How has Baylor not turned these surprise attack on Briles emails over to the plaintiffs yet? Is Baylor trying to get sanctioned in federal court?
Booray
BeerThief said:

Hogwash. If more smoking guns exist they should have released them years ago; we would not be having this discussion. They will come out anyway, by trying to keep it quiet they will have only prolonged the scandal. And why go scorched earth via the WSJ and the Shillinglaw answer and still not say the real reason you fired him.

My bet is that what they group thought so horrific won't be quite as awful as you pretend.

Anyway, asking people to "just trust us" is BS. Particularly that group.

PestOso
Super sad, mad, yadda yadda. Yes, Briles got screwed.
But you know who got 'more screwed'? AMERICA. Because Art Briles is designing a new offense and it will debut in Italy! Wonder what the tariffs on that offense will be when he returns stateside...

And yes, he will be back. Someone with probably less give-a-damn (about the Baylor thing) but way more hiring power (and money) than me will read articles like these and think "I'll take that offense" and make some calls. Before all this happened Art made it clear he only wanted to coach in Texas, for the rest of his life. Now that he's going to Italy i'm pretty sure he'll be picking up phone calls from FL, TX, or "Anywhere USA" area codes come mid-2019.
howhardcanitbe
BeerThief said:

Booray said:

BeerThief said:

Booray said:

BeerThief said:

Booray said:

BeerThief said:

ScrappyPaws said:

BeerThief said:

PartyBear said:

Completely different.

Totally the same.

Answer this one question

Well noted, thank you.

If the BoR haven't dropped such a hammer by now; it must be because it also implicates one of their own in some fashion. I very much look forward to seeing these texts & emails.
ColomboLQ
BeerThief said:

Booray said:

BeerThief said:

Booray said:

BeerThief said:

Booray said:

BeerThief said:

ScrappyPaws said:

BeerThief said:

PartyBear said:

Completely different.

Totally the same.

Answer this one question

Well noted, thank you.

This sounds really really flimsy to me. They actually shown you there is more or they have just told you there is more? Big distinction if what you are saying is true.
PartyBear
Buddy is an idiot if he wanted to fire Briles because he took Texas' call and talked to them. It is clear if he really wanted that job that is where he would be right now in his 5th season. If that numbered Briles' days then Rhule's time should be about up for talking to the Colts on top of his lack of performance issues.

Amarillobear
xiledinok said:

Robert Wilson said:

Booray said:

Robert Wilson said:

Yeah I wouldn't be that gracious about it.
I was also very impressed by one thing from the tape recording of the meeting between the staff and Mack Rhoades over the WSJ article. In the midst of all that s4it, Kendal Briles had one comment: Let's go kick Texas' ass. His dad raised him right.

Briles made mistakes here and should have paid for them. But we screwed him over in a way he did not deserve and the karma is going to kill us for decades.

All dead on.

We really kicked Texas' ass in that 4th quarter! I m told by those in the know Lebby was a dumb one but I didn't expect him to not manage his backs as poorly as he did against Texas.
Of course, when people are recording people, you can expect some folks to play to the recording.
Sleazy people record and pump a little "sound" to juice the audience. Being insincere and stupid works on dumb ones. I have seen it done.
I know people that went to high school with Lebby and I know people that went to college with him they say he is a really honest and solid guy and will vouch for his character and his intelligence.
Amarillobear
xiledinok said:

Robert Wilson said:

Booray said:

Robert Wilson said:

I was also very impressed by one thing from the tape recording of the meeting between the staff and Mack Rhoades over the WSJ article. In the midst of all that s4it, Kendal Briles had one comment: Let's go kick Texas' ass. His dad raised him right.

Briles made mistakes here and should have paid for them. But we screwed him over in a way he did not deserve and the karma is going to kill us for decades.

All dead on.

We really kicked Texas' ass in that 4th quarter! I m told by those in the know Lebby was a dumb one but I didn't expect him to not manage his backs as poorly as he did against Texas.
Of course, when people are recording people, you can expect some folks to play to the recording.
Sleazy people record and pump a little "sound" to juice the audience. Being insincere and stupid works on dumb ones. I have seen it done.
I know people that went to high school with Lebby and I know people that went to college with him they say he is a really honest and solid guy and will vouch for his character and his intelligence.
Robert Wilson
ColomboLQ said:

BeerThief said:

Booray said:

BeerThief said:

Booray said:

BeerThief said:

Booray said:

BeerThief said:

ScrappyPaws said:

BeerThief said:

PartyBear said:

Completely different.

Totally the same.

Answer this one question

Well noted, thank you.

This sounds really really flimsy to me. They actually shown you there is more or they have just told you there is more? Big distinction if what you are saying is true.

It's BS. They took their shots at Briles in the WSJ and gratuitous Shillinglaw filing.

There is a reason that the acolytes who post on here can only talk about the same things over and over again. That's what they've got.
xiledinok
Amarillobear said:

xiledinok said:

Robert Wilson said:

Booray said:

Robert Wilson said:

All dead on.

I 'll take my sources. They were surprised he would pop up at his position. He'll never work at Ou. His sideline filming stunt ended those chances.
When our entire scandal comes out, I 'll be curious what public opinion will be nationally. The bubble is irrelevant to him these days.
Heupel was horrible.
OU picked the right young coach in the end. Unfortunately, Riley is the pick of the liter.
Dia del DougO
BoonDockSaint said:

I still believe Orangebloods had a Direct hand in this...

Especially in the media and pushing the Outrage on Espn etc....starting with that Texas Monthly article

I also believe they wanted Art and he wasnt interested in going to UT at that point and they got pissed and sought to destroy him

It does seem quite fishy. I would not rule it out.
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."
BylrFan
BeerThief said:

Yogi said:

Art Briles was the most successful football coach in the history of Baylor football.

Under his leadership, we achieved 2 conference titles, a Heisman trophy winner, a new on-campus stadium and helping save this program from the threats of realignment.

The man's numbers were greater than Grant Teaff's.

Briles should one day have a statue on the Baylor campus.

Under Joe Paterno's leadership from 1966-2011, Penn State won 2 national championships, produced a Heisman winner and 42 all-Americans. His numbers are better than most coaches could ever dream of.

Should he have a statue?

I'm 100% positive our current coach would agree
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
BeerThief said:

Booray said:

BeerThief said:

Booray said:

BeerThief said:

Booray said:

BeerThief said:

ScrappyPaws said:

BeerThief said:

PartyBear said:

Completely different.

Totally the same.

Answer this one question

Well noted, thank you.

I am very close with a couple of people who were in the room.

LOL! Boy that is an understatement! How are reporter and Jett Rink doing? Maybe they can come out to play later.

"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
ImwithBU
RickyButler said:

why do we keep talking about art briles? let's discuss dave Roberts too then
people always reminiscence about the past when they are in bad times. We went from the Golden years to pure **** on the field. Cant wait to get rid of Rhule, what a joke that a bunch of egos set this in motion. Talked to a guy this weekend who basically said the regents were jealous of Briles, and now the Waco tribune has an article out saying just that. Baylor is such a joke its pathetic. Losers are never are comfortable with winning
TheAgentGrant
Great response and true.
AgentGrant
JumboShrimper
This is when being emotionally invested in the football program kinda sucks. To read a heartbreaking article and see that Art still has love for Baylor. This is why I want Rhule to win so bad. Just so it will ease the pain alittle.
possible12
Stranger said:

Urban legend tells it that Buddy got pissed at Art before the Fiesta Bowl in 2013 because he flirted with the University of Texas job. Art wanted that job and Buddy knew it. Buddy thought Art was disloyal to Baylor.

Briles days were numbered from that point forward.

It's a fact that Buddy hated Starr and tried to ambush Starr more than once. With title IX Buddy got the chance to take them both out. Ramsower was his accomplice and the BOR were his sheepish chumps.

It's hardball in the big leagues, boys and girls.
And AB just did not ever feel the need to kiss Buddy's ass or fake fawn over him in public. BJ felt threatened. No need, but he did.
possible12
BeerThief said:

Booray said:

BeerThief said:

Booray said:

BeerThief said:

Booray said:

BeerThief said:

ScrappyPaws said:

BeerThief said:

PartyBear said:

Completely different.

Totally the same.

Answer this one question

Well noted, thank you.

"y'all"...that's the pompous bs attitude that keeps this stuff alive. In the know wannabes. If you're that close they wouldn't want you spewing for them on a message board.
REX
BeerThief said:

Booray said:

BeerThief said:

Booray said:

BeerThief said:

ScrappyPaws said:

BeerThief said:

PartyBear said:

Completely different.

Totally the same.

Answer this one question

Well noted, thank you.

You could take every email Coach ever sent his entire time at Baylor and it wouldn't be half as long as this thread so stop making stuff up.
Drip
Drop
Pour
REX
Amarillobear said:

xiledinok said:

Robert Wilson said:

Booray said:

Robert Wilson said:

All dead on.

That is worth repeating sir!!!
Stoops told him on the field at Norman before Baylor kicked his rear that one of his worst mistakes was not hiring him.
Fact
RegentCoverup
Did someone say Buddy Jones??????

RegentCoverup
REX said:

Amarillobear said:

xiledinok said:

Robert Wilson said:

Booray said:

Robert Wilson said:

All dead on.

That is worth repeating sir!!!
Stoops told him on the field at Norman before Baylor kicked his rear that one of his worst mistakes was not hiring him.
Fact

That's a rousing endorsement.

Was this before or after he fired Venables and Josh Heupel?
sipembeers
Convenient that the president of the Baylor line association is also Briles attorney, isn't it?

Art is gone. He isn't coming back. If you want Baylor football to get back to what it can be, let this **** go and support the team now. *****ing about this **** from 2 and a half years ago isn't going to change a damn thing today.

The board has changed, people in admin have been let go, Ian is gone and starr is gone. It is ****ing done. Stop bringing it up.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.