Football
Sponsored by

Art Briles speaks to the Baylor Line

79,492 Views | 536 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by Pecos 45
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
How long do you want to ignore this user?
NoBSU said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

NoBSU said:

Michibear said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

How did our bowl game turn out in 2017?
Well, we did not lose a bowl game in 2017, so there's that . . .
It's a funny bit you guys have where you spin away from the obvious that Briles flirting with UT cost us a game. Negotiating a move to one of our biggest enemies - UT - before our huge game. UT! Just tell the horns to wait a couple of days.

Which one of you is Jeff Dunham? Which one is Fluffy? I have a few specials on hard drive and enjoy your routines on cops and donuts more than your jokes about our head coach negotiating with an enemy the night before a game.
There is whole lot of people here that seem to be butthurt about UT playing grab ass with Briles but I am certainly not one of them. It happens all the time in Big Boy football. That scenario is much better in my opinion having a head football coach that nobody wants that is just collecting a paycheck. Just a different way of looking at things I guess.
You feel the same way if he left?

BTW, plenty posters around here will remember my complaining when Drew was flirting with Memphis and PJ3's family was publicly worrying about his BU commitment. I am very consistent with my strange belief of desiring loyalty of those who seek my support.
People in the business world get hired away from companies all the time. That is all a part of life. I usually don't make a habit of resenting or hating someone for leaving a company for another opportunity that boosts their career and their family situation. Would I have been disappointed? Yes, I would have.

Some of you guys seem to have the attitude like the possessive boyfriend that says, "If I can't have her, then nobody can! It is not healthy (In my opinion). Am glad to know that you seem to be happy with Matt Rhule's loyalty to Baylor.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
possible12
NoBSU said:

Stranger said:

PartyBear said:

Buddy is an idiot if he wanted to fire Briles because he took Texas' call and talked to them. It is clear if he really wanted that job that is where he would be right now in his 5th season. If that numbered Briles' days then Rhule's time should be about up for talking to the Colts on top of his lack of performance issues.

Urban legend says Briles wanted the Texas job but he overplayed his hand. Texas asked him to sit for an interview. Supposedly Art said no. He countered that they knew who he was and what he had accomplished and an interview was unnecessary. Texas said "no thank you" and withdrew their offer.

The big money boys had gathered in a hotel suite at the Fiesta Bowl and had another coach financially wrapped up and ready to announce if Art left. The big money boys had this plan in place because they honestly believed Art was gone.

Buddy was wise to the proceedings.

Chip Brown had been tipped off early of Briles and Starr's firings before it happened on May 26, 2016. That info came from the board room. How it got to Chip is your
guess.

I don't remember past schedules well. How did that Fiesta Bowl turn out?
Ask a player using that exact, condescending smirk, Front running can be a habit.
Guy Noir
RickyButler said:

why do we keep talking about art briles? let's discuss dave Roberts too then
The full truth has not fully come to light.
NoBSU
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

NoBSU said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

NoBSU said:

Michibear said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

It's a funny bit you guys have where you spin away from the obvious that Briles flirting with UT cost us a game. Negotiating a move to one of our biggest enemies - UT - before our huge game. UT! Just tell the horns to wait a couple of days.

Which one of you is Jeff Dunham? Which one is Fluffy? I have a few specials on hard drive and enjoy your routines on cops and donuts more than your jokes about our head coach negotiating with an enemy the night before a game.
There is whole lot of people here that seem to be butthurt about UT playing grab ass with Briles but I am certainly not one of them. It happens all the time in Big Boy football. That scenario is much better in my opinion having a head football coach that nobody wants that is just collecting a paycheck. Just a different way of looking at things I guess.

BTW, plenty posters around here will remember my complaining when Drew was flirting with Memphis and PJ3's family was publicly worrying about his BU commitment. I am very consistent with my strange belief of desiring loyalty of those who seek my support.
People in the business world get hired away from companies all the time. That is all a part of life. I usually don't make a habit of resenting or hating someone for leaving a company for another opportunity that boosts their career and their family situation. Would I have been disappointed? Yes, I would have.

Some of you guys seem to have the attitude like the possessive boyfriend that says, "If I can't have her, then nobody can! It is not healthy. (In my opinion) Am glad to know that you seem to be happy with Matt Rhule's loyalty to Baylor.
You should ask how people feel rather than just assume they hate or resent someone. That shows how little you think of them to use those words. I learned as a young man to not hate but just to be through with people. I don't let them control my life.

I don't know what Rhule's loyalty to Baylor is and I'm not much of a supporter. Just because I don't like posters calling Baylor coeds lying, greedy ****s is no reason for you to think my posting is about Rhule.
NoBSU
possible12 said:

NoBSU said:

Stranger said:

PartyBear said:

Buddy is an idiot if he wanted to fire Briles because he took Texas' call and talked to them. It is clear if he really wanted that job that is where he would be right now in his 5th season. If that numbered Briles' days then Rhule's time should be about up for talking to the Colts on top of his lack of performance issues.

Urban legend says Briles wanted the Texas job but he overplayed his hand. Texas asked him to sit for an interview. Supposedly Art said no. He countered that they knew who he was and what he had accomplished and an interview was unnecessary. Texas said "no thank you" and withdrew their offer.

The big money boys had gathered in a hotel suite at the Fiesta Bowl and had another coach financially wrapped up and ready to announce if Art left. The big money boys had this plan in place because they honestly believed Art was gone.

Chip Brown had been tipped off early of Briles and Starr's firings before it happened on May 26, 2016. That info came from the board room. How it got to Chip is your
guess.

Ask a player using that exact, condescending smirk, Front running can be a habit.
You want to introduce me to one?
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
NoBSU said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

NoBSU said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

NoBSU said:

Michibear said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Some of you guys seem to have the attitude like the possessive boyfriend that says, "If I can't have her, then nobody can! It is not healthy. (In my opinion) Am glad to know that you seem to be happy with Matt Rhule's loyalty to Baylor.
You should ask how people feel rather than just assume they hate or resent someone. That shows how little you think of them to use those words. I learned as a young man to not hate but just to be through with people. I don't let them control my life.

I don't know what Rhule's loyalty to Baylor is and I'm not much of a supporter. Just because I don't like posters calling Baylor coeds lying, greedy ****s is no reason for you to think my posting is about Rhule.
Relax dude. Did not mean to upset you. Must be past your bedtime. You should get you a glass of milk and go nighty night.

-- Barack Obama
NoBSU
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

NoBSU said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

NoBSU said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

NoBSU said:

Michibear said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Relax dude. Did not mean to upset you. Must be past your bedtime. You should get you a glass of milk and go nighty night.
Again, you think I have emotion regarding you. I am a very direct person. I just get to the point.
Timbear
Speaking of loyalty, didn't Door Matt try to leave after his first year?
PacificBear
jumpinjoe said:

I have no faith in the BoR for their hypocrisy, saying that the principles of the Bible are what leads them but yet chose not to follow the basic principles of the Bible. This is a board that puts their faith in attorneys, not by the Bible.

An agreement not to disclose guides the BoR communications, but is not sanctioned in the Bible.

The ninth Commandment says, "thou shall not bear false witness against one another". Their actions violate this commandment, for not bearing false witness requires the telling of the truth, which we are far from getting.

Silence, when allowing a false conclusion, results in bearing a false witness when withholding the truth as well.

The Baylor I learned to support has changed.
I pray to God that the BORegents that screwed Briles rot in hell for being false Christians. I hope the Devil ****s in their mouth daily.
Grizz Air
why does briles still have love for baylor and after reading stuff like this i hate baylor?

the world is a messed up place...
possible12
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

NoBSU said:

Michibear said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Exactly. Bu got to rarified air quickly and the suites (some) didn't know to act like they'd been there before...because they hadn't. Same ilk probably ought to go to a few big bowls before feeling entitled to win and embarrassed to lose one. It ain't pretty, but that level coach is a mercenary.
possible12
ImwithBU said:

Chuckroast said:

BeerThief said:

Booray said:

BeerThief said:

ScrappyPaws said:

BeerThief said:

PartyBear said:

Completely different.
Both fanbases have larges masses of people who say each coach did nothing wrong. I certainly wouldnt say completely different.
One coach is proven to have had knowledge that his friend was molesting boys on campus. The other is proven to have raped... no that's not right... covered up... no, that's not it either... ohhh, he sent those text messages hoping some stupid stuff didn't get picked up by the media?!? Plus he should have known Tevin was a serial rapist even though his his teammates and roommates didn't AND he should have known Sam was trouble despite the clean bill of health from BSU.

Totally the same.
Their fans say exactly the same things you just did, he couldn't/didn't know, he didn't do anything wrong, he didn't ask the Penn State bor to keep it under wraps etc etc.

As I recall, Briles apologized on ESPN. If I didn't do anything wrong, I wouldn't be compelled to apologize. Especially if I felt another person or persons was responsible.
His apology was that things happened under his watch, not that he personally did anything wrong. That is what I would call stand-up.

Notice you have responded to other posters, but not to me. Which victims did Briles indirectly encourage not to go to the police. Where can I read those emails/texts?

They're in the same place all these allegations that the bor did something to blow up the football program because buddy jones didn't like that Briles flirted with Texas. You certainly believe that without reading texts or emails, but You imply I'm making this all up. I get the feeling that everyone's mind made up here.

Answer this one question

If x years from now, the case is over and done, and it shows that Briles did indeed send his assistants to tamper with some of the alleged victims, what will your response be?
Why in the world did they pay him $15.1 million to go away then?
they were hoping it would all go away. but it has all lingered like the bull**** that it is
Well, there ya go. Simple reason. ("they")
Thee University
Grizz Air said:

why does briles still have love for baylor and after reading stuff like this i hate baylor?

the world is a messed up place...
There are probably about $40M reasons over an 8 year period for him to "love" Baylor.

I think allowing him to hire his family, prop up old, rotting, washed up coaches and not having to enforce REAL player discipline might have strengthened his "love" for BU.

He's had 2+ years to get coached on PR and practice for this interview. You guys are still gullible aren't you?
Thee University
PacificBear said:

I pray to God that the BORegents that screwed Briles rot in hell for being false Christians. I hope the Devil ****s in their mouth daily.
I will pray for the women at Baylor who were indeed assaulted or raped by both athletes and students.

I will pray for folks who place way too much importance on a fun game over the REAL intent of higher education.

I will pray for healing within and outside the Baylor family.

I will pray for the BOR and the agonizing decisions they were forced to make.

Only God knows the hearts of all involved including those of us who post here on this bulletin board.
Thee University
Robert Wilson said:

sipembeers said:

Art is gone. He isn't coming back. If you want Baylor football to get back to what it can be...

... you can wish in one hand and **** in the other and see which fills up first.

Finished that sentence for you. Add that even if we do find a way to make back, we will just **** it up again. Water seeks its own level, and apparently so does Baylor.
Did you play for Baylor in the 70's and 80's? We had a coach who was fond of telling us this often.

Baylor is still maturing and growing up. We are still learning how to weave intercollegiate athletics into the Pro Ecclesia Pro Texana of Rufus Burleson.
BoonDockSaint
Thee University said:

PacificBear said:

I will pray for the women at Baylor who were indeed assaulted or raped by both athletes and students.

I will pray for folks who place way too much importance on a fun game over the REAL intent of higher education.

I will pray for healing within and outside the Baylor family.

I will pray for the BOR and the agonizing decisions they were forced to make.

Only God knows the hearts of all involved including those of us who post here on this bulletin board.

It sure feels good once again to KNOW since Art and his gang of washed up coaches are gone.

Im CERTAIN Baylor girls will stop being raped again

All is right on the Brazos it seems

cyberbear
Doc Holliday said:

It paints a clear picture that the objective at hand was to remove Starr.

Since Starr was responsible for Briles and Ian...making Briles and Ian look complicit/nefarious made Starr look complicit which made firing Starr very easy.

I suspect the BOR were worried that Starr would point his fingers at the BOR for not having Title IX procedures in place.

In reality both the BOR and Starr were negligent. It was a battle to put blame on one another: which explains the media hit pieces and hidden PH report.

This is explains why the higher ups left the Football program with no support and lied to them about what Pepper Hamilton was doing.

It's all just dirty politics and attempts to gain power at the expense of the Football program, the players, the victims and the Alumni/Fans.
Wrong. The objective was achieved by our enemies (ESPN & our conference neighbor to the south) Get rid of Art Briles. Take down Baylor before this impending dynasty goes any further. Mission accomplished. Think of it as The Deep State or the #metoo movement before these common phrases and hashtags came into vogue.

The BOR's motives were REACTIVE to the above systematic takedown.

And the gift that keeps on giving (to our enemies) is the fact that it ALSO served to fracture our fanbase to the point that moving on with full alumni support is next to impossible.

Aberzombie1892
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

NoBSU said:

Stranger said:

PartyBear said:

guess.

We ended up 11-2 for the season after losing 52-42 to UCF in the Fiesta Bowl. It was absolutely HORRIBLE!!! Thank God we don't have to deal with that bowl crap anymore on the national stage. Those days really sucked. Hope that helps.

Not to pick on Art Briles, but Baylor's 2013 loss to UCF by multiple scores was likely the worst thing to happen to the Big 12 since Texas A&M left the conference. The reason being was that Baylor did not defeat anyone of relevant in the regular season OOC, ran through the Big 12 with relative ease, had the nations #1 offense based on those wins (i.e. against the Big 12, bad G5, and FCS teams), and then lost to a functionally G5 team that had already lost to not-undefeated SEC team.

It really provided support for the argument argument that the Big 12 was not that good and didn't play good defense since its 1 loss champion and leader in national offense not only didn't cover a 17+ point spread to that G5 team, but it lost straight up by 10 points to that team. For posters that care about Vegas spreads and would like to treat them as predictions, that would mean that Baylor underperformed in its scoring differential to UCF by 27+ points.
CTbruin
Very well said Cyberbear
Thee University
Aberzombie1892 said:

Not to pick on Art Briles, but Baylor's 2013 loss to UCF by multiple scores was likely the worst thing to happen to the Big 12 since Texas A&M left the conference. The reason being was that Baylor did not defeat anyone of relevant in the regular season OOC, ran through the Big 12 with relative ease, had the nations #1 offense based on those wins (i.e. against the Big 12, bad G5, and FCS teams), and then lost to a functionally G5 team that had already lost to not-undefeated SEC team.

It really provided support for the argument argument that the Big 12 was not that good and didn't play good defense since its 1 loss champion and leader in national offense not only didn't cover a 17+ point spread to that G5 team, but it lost straight up by 10 points to that team. For posters that care about Vegas spreads and would like to treat them as predictions, that would mean that Baylor underperformed in its scoring differential to UCF by 27+ points.
Absolutely.
Doc Holliday
Aberzombie1892 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

NoBSU said:

Stranger said:

PartyBear said:

guess.

We ended up 11-2 for the season after losing 52-42 to UCF in the Fiesta Bowl. It was absolutely HORRIBLE!!! Thank God we don't have to deal with that bowl crap anymore on the national stage. Those days really sucked. Hope that helps.

Still 1000x better than losing to Liberty/UTSA and going 1-11.
GoldenBear007
Timbear said:

Speaking of loyalty, didn't Door Matt try to leave after his first year?

Yup...There's definitely a difference between taking a call after several successful seasons and taking a call after only beating Kansas for the year...
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Aberzombie1892 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

NoBSU said:

Stranger said:

PartyBear said:

guess.

LOL! Well I hope you and Thee have a lot of fun at Baylor's next bowl appearance at the next Goody's Headache Powder Bowl. You can brag about our huge stats and great win over Florida International. Whenever that may be.

-- Barack Obama
ColomboLQ
Aberzombie1892 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

NoBSU said:

Stranger said:

PartyBear said:

guess.

Disagree with this. I believe the worst thing that happened to the Big 12 since A&M left was Baylor beating Kansas St in 2012 when K. St. was #1 in the country. It cost Colin Klein the Heisman, It cost K. St. a shot at the national title (where they would have had a good chance to beat Notre Dame, thus claiming a national championship for the Big 12), it ended up matching up K. St against Oregon in their bowl game (which was the worst possible opponent for K. St. at the time) and caused a ripple effect that had Oklahoma matched up against A&M in a game they got killed. Instead of having the Big 12 playing in and possibly winning the national title, the top teams in the Big 12 got beat badly that year and that started the whole "the Big 12 is not that good" arguments that have since carried over until today.
Malbec
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Aberzombie1892 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

NoBSU said:

Stranger said:

PartyBear said:

guess.

LOL! Well I hope you and Thee have a lot of fun at Baylor's next bowl appearance at the next Goody's Headache Powder Bowl. You can brag about our huge stats and great win over Florida International. Whenever that may be.
Slow down there hoss! Let's not get ahead of ourselves. We have miles of processing before we can eat salsa.
BeerThief
Chuckroast said:

BeerThief said:

Booray said:

BeerThief said:

ScrappyPaws said:

BeerThief said:

PartyBear said:

Completely different.
Both fanbases have larges masses of people who say each coach did nothing wrong. I certainly wouldnt say completely different.
One coach is proven to have had knowledge that his friend was molesting boys on campus. The other is proven to have raped... no that's not right... covered up... no, that's not it either... ohhh, he sent those text messages hoping some stupid stuff didn't get picked up by the media?!? Plus he should have known Tevin was a serial rapist even though his his teammates and roommates didn't AND he should have known Sam was trouble despite the clean bill of health from BSU.

Totally the same.
Their fans say exactly the same things you just did, he couldn't/didn't know, he didn't do anything wrong, he didn't ask the Penn State bor to keep it under wraps etc etc.

As I recall, Briles apologized on ESPN. If I didn't do anything wrong, I wouldn't be compelled to apologize. Especially if I felt another person or persons was responsible.
His apology was that things happened under his watch, not that he personally did anything wrong. That is what I would call stand-up.

Notice you have responded to other posters, but not to me. Which victims did Briles indirectly encourage not to go to the police. Where can I read those emails/texts?

They're in the same place all these allegations that the bor did something to blow up the football program because buddy jones didn't like that Briles flirted with Texas. You certainly believe that without reading texts or emails, but You imply I'm making this all up. I get the feeling that everyone's mind made up here.

Answer this one question

If x years from now, the case is over and done, and it shows that Briles did indeed send his assistants to tamper with some of the alleged victims, what will your response be?

Why did Briles and Shillinglaw drop their cases?
Malbec
BeerThief said:

Chuckroast said:

BeerThief said:

Booray said:

BeerThief said:

ScrappyPaws said:

BeerThief said:

PartyBear said:

Completely different.

Totally the same.

Answer this one question

Why does someone comment on a thread about an interview, when they didn't even read the interview? Read it.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
BeerThief said:

Chuckroast said:

BeerThief said:

Booray said:

BeerThief said:

ScrappyPaws said:

BeerThief said:

PartyBear said:

Completely different.

Totally the same.

Answer this one question

Good morning Bud! Where have you been? We have really missed you around here.

-- Barack Obama
Robert Wilson
Aberzombie1892 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

NoBSU said:

Stranger said:

PartyBear said:

guess.

Not to pick on Art Briles, but Baylor's 2013 loss to UCF by multiple scores was likely the worst thing to happen to the Big 12 since Texas A&M left the conference.
Drama much? That's a stunningly myopic and ridiculous statement.

Hell, we've done a lot more damage to the conference since then just on our own.
BCS Bear
Reading this thread I'm a mix of sad, angry, embarrassed, and pissed. Not at the posters, rather, at the sequence of events that have transpired over the past few years to bring us to the point we are today. As an alumni is it too much to ask to have the whole truth come out so that we know what happened, rather than the piecemeal approach that we've gone through lasting years? Why not get everything out in the open, regardless of who's at fault, so that we can address the wrongs that occurred and move forward? As Rex says this continual drip drip of info does nothing to put an end to this, seems to drag the issue into perpetuity, and has us all fighting with each other over what the real truth may be. To me, this has gone way beyond football and what conference we may end up in down the road. It's about the reputation of the school from which we all graduated...and that reputation doesn't seem to show any signs of recovery.
xiledinok
Once it comes out in public that Art had his crew tampering with victims, the regents' interference and wrapping their hands around some the athletic department dirt will be stuffed in most publications next to the comments on trash service.

It is all about Art on the national level.
Baylor's civil war is blamed on the football coach. The public knows these college coaches break the rules. They love watching them get torched.

It took two years, numerous lawyers (squirrel asses tend to run through lawyers) and Art finally strapped himself onto the Baylor Line Foundation's great work.
The oddball's former boss didn't have a problem lying to hurt the Baylor Alumni Association for the Texas taxpayer fee tobacco lawsuit memorial bridge
Doc Holliday
xiledinok said:

Once it comes out in public that Art had his crew tampering with victims, the regents' interference and wrapping their hands around some the athletic department dirt will be stuffed in most publications next to the comments on trash service.

Baylor's civil war is blamed on the football coach. The public knows these college coaches break the rules. They love watching them get torched.

It took two years, numerous lawyers (squirrel asses tend to run through lawyers) and Art finally strapped himself onto the Baylor Line Foundation's great work.
The oddball's former boss didn't have a problem lying to hurt the Baylor Alumni Association for the Texas taxpayer fee tobacco lawsuit memorial bridge
You privy to something we don't know.

How?
Thee University
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Where is the Goody's Headache Bowl being played? For me it is all about the location of the game.

When we lost to that commuter school a few years ago in the Fiesta I quit caring about the opponent and looked forward to good trips.
Robert Wilson
Doc Holliday said:

xiledinok said:

You privy to something we don't know.

How?
xiled is Buddy's boy.
Doc Holliday
Thee University said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Where is the Goody's Headache Bowl being played? For me it is all about the location of the game.

When we lost to that commuter school a few years ago in the Fiesta I quit caring about the opponent and looked forward to good trips.

Well that explains it. You don't care about winning...AT ALL.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.