Football
Sponsored by

Beer sales working at Oklahoma State

8,941 Views | 84 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Russell Gym
Ludwig von Missi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wichitabear said:

Well you should know lololo Lololol. I don't mean that!!!! I just had to give you a hard time. Lolol
Haha...that's why I get out to tailgate so early. I like to get a good buzz going and then slowly wind down so that I can actually remember the game...although there are certainly some games I wish I didn't remember!
Wichitabear
Lololol
Aliceinbubbleland
Is that Baptist Beer at 3.2 or the real stuff? Last time I was up there (well, decades ago) you could only purchase 3.2 beer. All it did was make you go to the bathroom twice as much as with the real stuff.
Russell Gym
And the women aren't as pretty.
Dia del DougO
But look what it did to their football team.
blackie
Guess I'm in the 10%. I have never in my almost 70 years ever seen any lasting good come out of alcohol consumption, and have seen plenty of bad. Innocent deaths from drunk drivers, broken marriages, abused spouses and kids, lost careers, public embarrassment, infringement on the rights of others, and the list goes on and on.

The argument is that responsible drinking doesn't lead to these things. That is correct until it doesn't, and there is no way to know who will become victim to alcohol. Most all my friends drink. I don't think any less of them that do, nor do I think any less of anyone here because of it. Each must make their own decision. I just don't see any benefits being worth the downside risks.

We have been season ticket holders for close to thirty years, but have only been to one game this season because of health concerns exacerbated by a long drive to the games. So it probably won't impact us much going forward, one way or another. I can only recall that places I have been that did serve alcohol at a game were the worst fan experiences I have encountered because of nearby people who were drinking that were completely obnoxious. Then you get thrown into the mix a bunch of new legal drinkers that somehow believe that having a bottle in their hand makes them look cool or makes them look mature........kind of like cigarette smoking was thought to be in the 50s and 60s. They too often do not yet know their limits and drink too much.

My take is do what you want, but in doing so don't ruin the fan experience for those around.

If the school thinks people should be able to drink what they want at games, fine, but revenue should not be the motivation to do it. Things done out of greed often have unintended consequences.
RegentCoverup
blackie said:

My take is do what you want, but in doing so don't ruin the fan experience for those around.

The real ugly truth few will admit is that most of us aren't interested in socializing with other fans around the Big12. Screw those t shirt wearing losers. I may have been born po, but I ain't looking back. If I'm driving to Waco, it's to hang with the green and the gold. Move the state school t shirt fans into a holding pen, hose them down, delouse them, and maaaaaybe they can be in my vicinity.

If we allow beer in a stadium, I'd better see some jackbooted thug security people that toss people out at the first sign of bad behavior. Or there will be a problem.

xiledinok
Oklahoma announced yesterday they planned to start selling booze at baseball and basketball games with a feasibility study to determine the option for football.

I think vacuuming up money for the school is a good thing.
boognish_bear

chukronos
Quote:

Beer sales working at Oklahoma State
It is true. After 8 beers, they start to look better.
RegentCoverup
Dia del DougO said:

Baylor packed McLane for several years without alcohol. They should do what they were doing then.
Strangely enough I know a LOT of UT fans that don't want alcohol at college events.

CorsicanaBear
I want to sit in my seat, order on an app and have a waitress bring me a reasonably priced, quality (Miller Light or Makers Mark are not quality) beverage. If they can't do that I'm opposed to alcoholic beverage sales at Baylor. I want a Tanqueray Ten and Fever Tree tonic on hot days, a nice Belgian Triple ( La Fin du Monde comes to mind, but a Brotherwell Act of Faith Triple would do) on fallish days, and perhaps a Garrison Brothers Bourbon on a chilly day. They have to give me something I can't get at home. Oh wait, I have all that. They have to match it.
Illigitimus non carborundum
Dman
Russell Gym said:

Baylor3216 said:

Jesus didn't mind alcohol

Jesus didn't have the BOR governing his gatherings.

Jesus would have walked into this those board meetings and turned over the tables on those Pharisees.
And Keyser would have spent the next 3 years following him around telling him he just didn't know how BoRs work.
CorsicanaBear
Quote:

Oregon's alcohol-related ejections decreased by 49 percent in 2018, as sales increased by 61 percent
I bet that most alcohol ejections are for merely possessing alcohol brought in from outside as opposed to being sloppy drunk and disorderly. Naturally onsite sales would curtail that. I'll bet that even with onsite sales most ejections are for bringing it in from outside.

The bag checks and patdowns at the stadium aren't for your safety, they are to insure the only thing you eat or drink are sold to you in the stadium.
Illigitimus non carborundum
xiledinok
It's working and should be at every college athletic venue.

God does not care about sports or competition.
Jesus would pat Keyser on the back for trying to keep honesty present among the sinners.
Dman
xiledinok said:

It's working and should be at every college athletic venue.

God does not care about sports or competition.
Jesus would pat Keyser on the back for trying to keep honesty present among the sinners.

We can agree God could care less about sports...but he's pretty clear about "honesty"/selective outrage, hypocrisy, and throwing stones. Those Pharisees and their shill wouldn't have a chance. Wrapping themselves in the robes of righteousness to judge and hold others accountable...while being completely dishonest about their own failures and answering to no one.

It would be another 4 year marathon of desperate spinning from Keyser "but Jesus, you don't understand how BORs work". "But jesus..it was a honorary position" (wrong and laughable). "But Jesus..you don't know the definition of what is..is". "But Jesus, our own internal review of ourselves, seen only by ourselves...says we are good...so what do you know?"
xiledinok
Dman, you've gone all Bunation on us.

I think Keyser would be in good shape with the Lord.

Joe Waco and Bob Baylor need to be able to enjoy a cold adult beverage while Baylor controls people drinking adult beverages. The no return to venue once exiting policies will help push the intoxicated away from the fans in the stands.
RegentCoverup
Keyser is simply an educated and informed observer. Implicating him in the guilt of our board and their ineptitude is misleading and incorrect.

Board members don't tend to hide. that these are hiding says a lot.
Dman
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Keyser is simply an educated and informed observer. Implicating him in the guilt of our board and their ineptitude is misleading and incorrect.

Board members don't tend to hide. that these are hiding says a lot.

Keyser has defended hypocrisy and the BOR since day 1 going back to Baylor fans. He took quotes from newspapers (media click bait) when things were breaking and used it as fact, when it fit his purpose. On the other side, as real "facts" come out through testimony under oath, legal depositions, discovery via legal system, former and current employees..etc he tries desperately to discredit far more valid data when its negative against the BoR and doesn't fit his narrative. He has admitted to having relationships with BoR members, and is the walking definition of intellectual dishonesty. He's far more dangerous tHan the likes of trolls like MV etc. He literally only participates on threads for the purpose of positively spinning for the BoR. Of course he's not guilty for their failures..he's guilty for accepting and defending the hypocrisy of their failures and for years trying to tell everyone "nothing to see here..all is well..."
Dman
xiledinok said:

Joe Waco and Bob Baylor need to be able to enjoy a cold adult beverage while Baylor controls people drinking adult beverages. The no return to venue once exiting policies will help push the intoxicated away from the fans in the stands.

OWNED

I don't pretend to care where Keyser stands with the Lord. I do care where he and his ilk stand regarding the leaders and future of our school.

Now open another bottle and run along.
RegentCoverup
No, he's taking what's in the press and giving you the underlying meaning.

But you're so caught up in your anger that you're scapegoating him for the content. If you want to confront a regent and give them your rant, I won't stand in your way, but Keyser and I have spoken before about the actions, behavior and comments of the regents and I assure you we're both in a fog.

it's difficult to see who the drivers are and who the bystanders are in a board with these many members.

Dman, save your breath. Yelling on this board at people doesn't cause a regent any discomfort. And Keyser is far from being affiliated with them. FTR, I couldn't be further either.
Dman
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

No, he's taking what's in the press and giving you the underlying meaning.

But you're so caught up in your anger that you're scapegoating him for the content. If you want to confront a regent and give them your rant, I won't stand in your way, but Keyser and I have spoken before about the actions, behavior and comments of the regents and I assure you we're both in a fog.

it's difficult to see who the drivers are and who the bystanders are in a board with these many members.

Dman, save your breath. Yelling on this board at people doesn't cause a regent any discomfort. And Keyser is far from being affiliated with them. FTR, I couldn't be further either.

While I'm glad for your little sit down with Keyser, I've got 4 years of his spinning, defending, and outright misrepresenting the function, accountability, and failures of the BoR. Even when other BoR members were literally calling for accountability...he wanted to discredit even them. And I never said affiliated. I said he admitted he had relationships.

And for the record...nothing will cause them discomfort. They are by definition, untouchable. Therein lies our biggest problem.

Don't worry about me so much my friend. Worry about those who accept and defend no accountability from the highest body of authority that was in charge during our schools biggest scandal...and say "great job..more of the same".
RegentCoverup
I'm just lost as to how you think Keyser is involved at that level.

Not gonna lie, it sounds unhinged.
Dman
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

I'm just lost as to how you think Keyser is involved at that level.

Not gonna lie, it sounds unhinged.

Let's try this again. AT WHAT LEVEL? There's a miscommunication/breakdown here. I'm not suggesting he's involved at any level then being a shill on a forum defending hypocrisy.

Quit trying to defend him to the point of misreading my texts. Trust me...I'm nowhere near the only one on this forum who calls out his intellectual dishonesty and hypocrisy. If your ok with his hypocrisy..fine. We will agree to disagree
RegentCoverup
I guess I'm just saying for the amount of anger that you've got, why not go talk to a board member?
Dman
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

I guess I'm just saying for the amount of anger that you've got, why not go talk to a board member?

Amount of anger? You have a serious need to project your own thoughts into a conversation to fit your narrative. What are you talking about? Have I cursed or implied any level of hostility? I'm on this forum a few days a month. You think he reaches the level of invoking anger?

Are you his nanny? He's a big boy. I couldn't add up the amount of time he's spent on this forum over the last 4 years...99.9% For one purpose only.. to spin his narrative and try to discredit anyone who actually verbalized accountability for the BOR.

Regarding talking to board member. I've let it be known I stopped all donations until all who were on that BoR have cycled off. I've attended 4 home games every year, and supported Matt Rhule from day one. Calm down on your need to police the forum.
RegentCoverup
Right.

I've been accused of plenty, but a mod isn't one of em.
Dman
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Right.

I've been accused of plenty, but a mod isn't one of em.

Funny, cause I don't remember discussing you at all before you felt the need to inject yourself. You obviously feel the need for the last word in projecting your thoughts into my posts.....this bores me now...the stage is yours.
RegentCoverup
No really.

It's all yours.
skeeterbear
If it's already in the club on non game days, then it should be allowed on game days. Aramark is the cover.
xiledinok
Dman said:

xiledinok said:

OWNED

I don't pretend to care where Keyser stands with the Lord. I do care where he and his ilk stand regarding the leaders and future of our school.

Briles is not a Biblical character. You are posting like BUNATION. Leave the Biblical references to a loving man like Pale Rider. Stop cheaping us all with references to Pharisees to make your point.

The addition of beer and alcohol in the stadium makes no difference other than the schools make a buck. The fans are already drinking outside the yard with no supervision and then allowed to enter.
Dman
xiledinok said:

Dman said:

xiledinok said:

OWNED

Briles is not a Biblical character. You are posting like BUNATION. Leave the Biblical references to a loving man like Pale Rider. Stop cheaping us all with references to Pharisees to make your point.

The addition of beer and alcohol in the stadium makes no difference other than the schools make a buck. The fans are already drinking outside the yard with no supervision and then allowed to enter.

OWNED

You are living up to your name. I NEVER mentioned Briles. He indeed is no righteous biblical character. My comments have nothing to do with The man you see in your sleep. The man who doesn't know you exist...yet OWNS you. They were in regards to a body who wrapped themselves in a robe of public righteousness, past judgement, and demanded accountability on others, yet were deeply flawed themselves behind the scenes and answered to no one. My reference was right on point.
ABC BEAR
xiledinok said:

Looks like 10,000-14,000 beers sold in the OSU stadium per average game. It is going to pay some expenses.
Bowlsby needs to get beer sold at all league schools.
Everything will be fun under the sun and great revelry amongst friends, profitability and fellowship for all until someone pukes on the kid sitting in front of them.
xiledinok
ABC BEAR said:

xiledinok said:

Looks like 10,000-14,000 beers sold in the OSU stadium per average game. It is going to pay some expenses.
Bowlsby needs to get beer sold at all league schools.
Everything will be fun under the sun and great revelry amongst friends, profitability and fellowship for all until someone pukes on the kid sitting in front of them.
It's happening less these days because the schools can control alcohol. There's no shortage of heavy drinking going on outside the stadiums. The no return policy keeping people from re entering has been put in place at these schools.
In fact, there's more drinking outside college football games than any other sporting event. Why not regulate and control it by offering inside the stadium? This has worked elsewhere. Baylor needs to go ahead and extend alcohol and booze sales beyond the club level.

xiledinok
Dman said:

xiledinok said:

Dman said:

xiledinok said:

OWNED

OWNED

You are living up to your name. I NEVER mentioned Briles. He indeed is no righteous biblical character. My comments have nothing to do with The man you see in your sleep. The man who doesn't know you exist...yet OWNS you. They were in regards to a body who wrapped themselves in a robe of public righteousness, past judgement, and demanded accountability on others, yet were deeply flawed themselves behind the scenes and answered to no one. My reference was right on point.
Funny how the board are sinners but Art is some saint among us. These ridiculous posts criticizing Keyser are just another failed attempt to get even with the country club board because Keyser keeps it honest and actually explains it to the very confused robe touchers.
Briles would never own anyone. In fact, all he owns is his attempt to seek revenge while showing no remorse or accountability. He owns a great deal of the Baylor "scandal" though shows no remorse. This attitude is why he's in the sticks.
Briles is a strange one and has been identified as a recluse, oddball, different, acts like a player, acts like he's from the hood. He also has been described as someone who tries to act gangsta and thuggish. Another man trapped inside someone else's body is another way it is put.

Alcohol regulations could mean less Fireball for Dman at his tailgate spot before the prayer session on the Baptist Country Club regent board. Keyser needs to stay clear of that tailgate. You can guarantee some fundamentalist will try to lecture him and tell him he's an unrighteous sinner.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.