Football
Sponsored by

Rhule is staying

34,569 Views | 256 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by boognish_bear
Krieg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Yeah, after building us from an awful program into a conference championship, Heisman-winning program. Rhule got us to where we started in year 2 and has tried to leave EVERY YEAR.

Also, Briles never even freaking interviewed. Rhule was ready to sign on but wouldn't because the Jets wouldn't do it his way. I don't fault him on the last part, but I'll never support him. God didn't call him here, his god did. His career.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Bear8084 said:

CorsicanaBear said:

Neither are we.

His staff helped us get a bowl win in only his 2nd year here.

And as usual, those who trashed him and jumped to conclusions his two seasons here are...doing the same thing now.
I nominate you President of the Pollyannas and EvilTroy can be Vice President in case you are out having a soft ice cream or chasing unicorns. Do I hear a second to the nomination?
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
william
well - for the time being - he's back to: Rhatt Mule.

the choice to burn your smocks - assuming you could even find one - is up to you.

D!

- BUmma

POE.
Krieg
Lil Sebastian said:

EvilTroyAndAbed said:

Lil Sebastian said:

ColomboLQ said:

BylrFan said:

Took him long enough, think a deal went south?
I can't wait to hear Rhule say that he was never interested in going to the Jets, but he gave them an interview out of courtesy and that he feels like he has a job to do at Baylor because he was lead here. It will be really believable.
Honestly, this is bull***** I guess the "process" is using Baylor to achieve his own dreams. What a way to completely tank the trust and confidence that you just gained from the entire fan base
Yes, that's what coaches do. It sucks for us, but it's funny that you think this isn't on every coach's mind every day until they get to where they truly want to be.
I said this in another thread, but the primary reason that I am so annoyed by this process is that he said he was called here by God. That he was "planning on wearing green for a while." He makes his purpose of coaching very faith-based. If that's the case, then his behavior shouldn't be that of a typical coach, working for selfish advancement. He should be different if he is so vocal about Christianity. Take that aspect away from Matt Rhule, and I would still be annoyed but totally understand him returning home for what was probably his childhood dream job. It makes sense. But when you make promises to players and a fan base and have your plans rooted in Christian ideals, your behavior should be markedly different.

I'll go one further: I'd give him a pass since it's the Jets if he hadn't looked last year, too. Clearly he wants out and wants out yesterday.
hodedofome
"Hey guys! They gave the job to someone else so I'm staying!"

"Um, ok I guess?"
Stretch
Funny the new hypocracy here towards Rhule twice sniffing different waters and Briles only did it once and what he received.
Bear8084
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Bear8084 said:

CorsicanaBear said:

Neither are we.

And as usual, those who trashed him and jumped to conclusions his two seasons here are...doing the same thing now.
I nominate you President of the Pollyannas and EvilTroy can be Vice President in case you are out having a soft ice cream or chasing unicorns. Do I hear a second to the nomination?

Would've been funnier if you had your other screen name make this post.
Bear8084
hodedofome said:

"Um, ok I guess?"

Or he decided to stay on his own.
BylrFan
Bear8084 said:

hodedofome said:

"Um, ok I guess?"

Because he had no control over the coaching staff. Don't be shocked if we have this conversation again in January 2020.
Bear8084
Krieg said:

Lil Sebastian said:

EvilTroyAndAbed said:

Lil Sebastian said:

ColomboLQ said:

BylrFan said:

I can't wait to hear Rhule say that he was never interested in going to the Jets, but he gave them an interview out of courtesy and that he feels like he has a job to do at Baylor because he was lead here. It will be really believable.
Honestly, this is bull***** I guess the "process" is using Baylor to achieve his own dreams. What a way to completely tank the trust and confidence that you just gained from the entire fan base
Yes, that's what coaches do. It sucks for us, but it's funny that you think this isn't on every coach's mind every day until they get to where they truly want to be.
I said this in another thread, but the primary reason that I am so annoyed by this process is that he said he was called here by God. That he was "planning on wearing green for a while." He makes his purpose of coaching very faith-based. If that's the case, then his behavior shouldn't be that of a typical coach, working for selfish advancement. He should be different if he is so vocal about Christianity. Take that aspect away from Matt Rhule, and I would still be annoyed but totally understand him returning home for what was probably his childhood dream job. It makes sense. But when you make promises to players and a fan base and have your plans rooted in Christian ideals, your behavior should be markedly different.

I'll go one further: I'd give him a pass since it's the Jets if he hadn't looked last year, too. Clearly he wants out and wants out yesterday.

Clearly no one knows. Where's my jump to conclusions game mat...
Bear8084
BylrFan said:

Bear8084 said:

hodedofome said:

"Um, ok I guess?"

Because he had no control over the coaching staff. Don't be shocked if we have this conversation again in January 2020.

Says Jets media.

Won't be. Don't be shocked if we don't.
Bear8084
Krieg said:

Yeah, after building us from an awful program into a conference championship, Heisman-winning program. Rhule got us to where we started in year 2 and has tried to leave EVERY YEAR.

Also, Briles never even freaking interviewed. Rhule was ready to sign on but wouldn't because the Jets wouldn't do it his way. I don't fault him on the last part, but I'll never support him. God didn't call him here, his god did. His career.

It's well known on here Briles flirted with Tech too.
4th and Inches
Krieg said:

Lil Sebastian said:

EvilTroyAndAbed said:

Lil Sebastian said:

ColomboLQ said:

BylrFan said:

he declined other offers, he doesnt want out at all costs... He wants to be an NFL coach and he will get an offer too good to pass up one day.
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Krieg
Is Rhule friends with June Jones? They should swap stories sometime. I feel like they'd get along.
BearConscious

Quote:

I said this in another thread, but the primary reason that I am so annoyed by this process is that he said he was called here by God. That he was "planning on wearing green for a while." He makes his purpose of coaching very faith-based.
As I recall, he was eating at a restaurant with a phone in each hand, one a call from Oregon and the other from Waco. The Lord told him to go to Waco.

He tried to leave twice, and now God will force him to wander around Waco for the next 40 years as punishment.
Lil Sebastian
Bear8084 said:

BylrFan said:

Bear8084 said:

hodedofome said:

"Um, ok I guess?"

Says Jets media.

Won't be. Don't be shocked if we don't.

Even if that's not the reason he's returning, the Jets head coach job hire gets announced less than an hour after he texts his staff. I think it's much more likely that the Jets media report is accurate or that he simply didn't get the offer rather than him turning down an offer. If he wasn't interested he wouldn't have participated in the process to this length.
Lil Sebastian
BearConscious said:

Quote:

I said this in another thread, but the primary reason that I am so annoyed by this process is that he said he was called here by God. That he was "planning on wearing green for a while." He makes his purpose of coaching very faith-based.
As I recall, he was eating at a restaurant with a phone in each hand, one a call from Oregon and the other from Waco. The Lord told him to go to Waco.

He tried to leave twice, and now God will force him to wander around Waco for the next 40 years as punishment.

I'm sure it'll feel like 40 years after this
Krieg
Gruvin said:

Krieg said:

Lil Sebastian said:

EvilTroyAndAbed said:

Lil Sebastian said:

ColomboLQ said:

BylrFan said:

he declined other offers, he doesnt want out at all costs... He wants to be an NFL coach and he will get an offer too good to pass up one day.

He declined other COLLEGE offers, not NFL. He'll leave for the NFL at the first decent opportunity. This one wasn't because they didn't trust his hiring abilities.

If you don't trust him to hire assistants, how can you trust him to coach? That's just strange.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Bear8084 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Bear8084 said:

CorsicanaBear said:

Neither are we.

Would've been funnier if you had your other screen name make this post.
Nah! Now this is funny.............

"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
BaylorOkie
EvilTroyAndAbed said:

Lil Sebastian said:

ColomboLQ said:

BylrFan said:

Or even after they get where they truly want to be. Mike Gundy.
Bear8084
Gruvin said:

Krieg said:

Lil Sebastian said:

EvilTroyAndAbed said:

Lil Sebastian said:

ColomboLQ said:

BylrFan said:

Realistic post. During the highpoints of the Briles years, I remember posters on here being nervous whenever there was rumblings of the Cowboys job opening up.
JETHRO
PartyBear said:

JETHRO said:

Last year: "I wish the Colts would hire this guy away from us so we can get real coach."

This Year: "Boo Hoo, someone wants our coach."

It's the business. If Briles can be accepted (until his downfall) after flirting with the Longhorns, Rhule will be fine.

Briles won the XII again the next season kicked the ass of the program he talked to on the road and OU as well on the road the next season and we were in play off contention as well and then didn't make himself available to be a candidate anywhere again. That helped make a hell of an amends.
Looks like we need to take OU and UT to the woodshed next season.
Y'all come back, Y'hear!
BylrFan
Mack Rhoades needs to grow some damn balls and make sure this does not happen in the near future. Matt Rhule needs to be kept on a leash. He was sweating bullets on the Smoak show.
PartyBear
BylrFan said:

Mack Rhoades needs to grow some damn balls and make sure this does not happen in the near future. Matt Rhule needs to be kept on a leash. He was sweating bullets on the Smoak show.

Mack can't stop it unless they ageee to change the contract he can be fired for cause ( meaning we don't owe him a penny) for seeking other HC jobs after a season in which Baylor wins fewer than 9 games or something like that. That might curb Rhule's dog in heat behavior after every season. Rhule will never agree to that unless it is part of an extension and raise.
Stefano DiMera
This is why we can't have nice things.. y'all are simple minded and have no idea how the real world works.

Enjoy this idiotic thread! This is my last football post...there is nothing to see here..it's hoops season.

BEAT KANSAS.
PartyBear
Here is how the real world works business relationships are two way streets not one way for Rhule. That means it's business for your alma mater as well.
baylor1999
I am not sure how this makes anyone feel better lol
howhardcanitbe
To be fair...Rhule could have taken the Jets job and still wear green. His quote would remain valid haha
possible12
Russell Gym said:

This thread is great entertainment.
It's entertaining to see people hanging on every word, opinion, diarreah blurb, from NY 'heard it here first' media, social media, and internet hacks with 'sources' (all played like fiddles by agents). This was well orchestrated.
Bear75605
Rhule is NOT staying!!!!!! He didn't get the job with the Jets!!!!
BoonDockSaint
Ohh boy
Lil Sebastian
Stefano DiMera said:

This is why we can't have nice things.. y'all are simple minded and have no idea how the real world works.

Enjoy this idiotic thread! This is my last football post...there is nothing to see here..it's hoops season.

BEAT KANSAS.
Lol ok the "real world". If CMR wants to act like like a regular coach then be a regular coach and keep God's calling out of it. But he can't have both worlds. If he wants to be viewed as different for being a man of faith then act differently. Normal coaches are shady in their commitments and selfish in their pursuits. Christians by definition shouldn't be. He set himself up for this criticism. Call me naive or idiotic, won't bother me. The reality is that his coaching decisions simply don't line up with his promises and proclaimed beliefs. You may shrug your shoulders and say that's life, but I'll shrug my shoulders and also call out the inconsistencies. At the end of the day he didn't handle this in the way that he presents himself to be.
boognish_bear
BylrFan said:

Not sure the AD keeping the coach on a short leash would make BU an attractive place for the next coach we try to hire
BluesBear
Rhoades needs to bring in some candidates for the 2020 head coaching opening. Ask Rhule to participate in the interviews next month.

Sorry, God made me post this.
BearFan33
Sounds to me like he didn't want to be micromanaged by the consistently losing jets administration. Good for him and good for Baylor.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.