Football
Sponsored by

If you believe in Art...

37,893 Views | 299 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Forest Bueller
Thee University
How long do you want to ignore this user?
YoakDaddy said:

Thee University said:

YoakDaddy said:

How many victims didn't receive the care they needed or were required by law to receive because of being "asleep at the wheel"? Again...how many regents resigned and how many exec admins were fired as a result of their incompetence outside of Starr and Athletics? Rolling off the board isn't the same as holding themselves and each other accountable and accepting consequences.
Have you ever read the BU BOR Statement of Commitment & Responsibilities?

https://www.baylor.edu/boardofregents/doc.php/277765.pdf

That's a better question for them because it's obvious from 10 out 13 pages from the FoF and 105 Recommendations that they haven't.

Kinda looks like they whiffed big time on No. 1 by not stewarding that "caring community" then fulked up bigger on No. 6 "Provide oversight, and review and approve strategies, policies and plans for ensuring legal and ethical compliance with all applicable internal and external rules and federal, state and local laws and regulations, institute effective controls to identify and address problems;"

Thanks for proving my point.
Proving your point?

I must have missed the part where the BOR is responsible for the Athletic Department.

"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
Chuckroast
Bear8084 said:

Chuckroast said:

bear2be2 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

bear2be2 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

George Truett said:

PrideBU said:

Please reply to this post with the quote,

"Art Briles Will Always Be A Baylor Bear"...
"Art Briles Will Always Be A Baylor Bear even though he would have left us for the 'Horns if they had given him what he wanted!"
Yes, he would have, as most major college football coaches would. But it seems nobody has a problem with Matt Rhule interviewing for jobs at the conclusion of each season. Why is that, George? Why is Rhule not held to the same standard?

1. Matt Rhule has never flirted with a direct competitor to Baylor University, as Briles did on three occasions.
2. Rhule's discussions with the NFL have never occurred while our season was ongoing or impacted our team's performance.
3. A bunch of people have had problems with Rhule's NFL interviews, so your entire premise here is flawed.

1. In the real world (outside of BaylorLand) competitors try to hire away talent all the time.
2. I long for the days when scoring just 42 points in a game was considered a poor performance.
3. For the record, I don't care if Rhule is hired away by the Texas Longhorns or the New England Patriots at this point. I say good for him if he can better his situation. That is what most of us strive for.
1. In other industries, sure. It is not common at all for college head football coaches to leave their jobs for others within their same conference, and when it happens, it is noteworthy. To suggest that it would have been normal for Art to leave Baylor for Tech after Year 2 or Baylor for Texas after 2013 is disingenuous at best.
2. If you thought we played up to the standard that 2013 team had set in that UCF game, you weren't paying a lick of attention that season. And to excuse a 10-point loss (that wasn't even that close) in a game we were favored to win by 17 points in such a flippant way shows how little objectivity (and ultimately, credibility) you have on this topic.
3. Fair enough. But I doubt very seriously you would actually have this reaction if Matt Rhule took a job for in-state rival in our own conference. That's not going to happen, though, so it's a moot point.

You and others infer so much meaning from Baylor's loss to UCF that season. That matchup was an incredible let down for us - heck we were favored by 17. The game was pretty meaningless for us. It's a huge statement game for UCF. You see many inexplicable performances every bowl season (I.e. Georgia's loss to Texas). It's one meaningless game, and yet we're still talking about our loss to UCF years later as if it signaled something of importance.
Coming off our first Big 12 Championship and it was our first BCS Bowl Game berth to show Baylor was for real and to make a statement no matter who we were playing. But the HC decided to flirt with Texas, distracts the whole team, who seem to come out unfocused and just lay an egg on national TV during a big time game. It wasn't meaningless, Baylor wasn't some Blue Blood snubbed from the BCS National Championship Game and didn't care, it was a big time game that was supposed to show Baylor was ready for a huge game like that...and showed that wasn't the case. To say it was meaningless is wrong and trying to cover for Briles and his flirtations with in state rivals before a very important game.
Maybe we can Hire Kirby Smart away from Georgia then with the way they laid an egg against Texas. Or maybe we can get Harbaugh since Michigan got trounced by an average (by their standards) Florida team. Michigan and Florida were probably ranked fairly similarly to Baylor and UCF going into that game.

Sure Baylor won the Big 12 that year, but UCF was probably the worst draw they could have gotten. They would get no credit for beating them (even though UCF was pretty good and had a great QB). It was an easy team to overlook, and I'm sure our players wanted a marquee team to play. It happens ALL the time in bowl season because while you may be playing for some pride, no championship of any kind is on the line, and it's been about a month since you last played a game. You can make whatever you want of it, but it doesn't change reality. I still think Georgia trounces Texas in a more meaningful game when they're not coming off a devastatingly disappointing loss and basically have nothing to play for and are more interested in keeping guys healthy.
Bear8084
Chuckroast said:

Bear8084 said:

Chuckroast said:

bear2be2 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

bear2be2 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

George Truett said:

PrideBU said:

"Art Briles Will Always Be A Baylor Bear even though he would have left us for the 'Horns if they had given him what he wanted!"
Yes, he would have, as most major college football coaches would. But it seems nobody has a problem with Matt Rhule interviewing for jobs at the conclusion of each season. Why is that, George? Why is Rhule not held to the same standard?

1. Matt Rhule has never flirted with a direct competitor to Baylor University, as Briles did on three occasions.
2. Rhule's discussions with the NFL have never occurred while our season was ongoing or impacted our team's performance.
3. A bunch of people have had problems with Rhule's NFL interviews, so your entire premise here is flawed.

1. In the real world (outside of BaylorLand) competitors try to hire away talent all the time.
2. I long for the days when scoring just 42 points in a game was considered a poor performance.
3. For the record, I don't care if Rhule is hired away by the Texas Longhorns or the New England Patriots at this point. I say good for him if he can better his situation. That is what most of us strive for.
1. In other industries, sure. It is not common at all for college head football coaches to leave their jobs for others within their same conference, and when it happens, it is noteworthy. To suggest that it would have been normal for Art to leave Baylor for Tech after Year 2 or Baylor for Texas after 2013 is disingenuous at best.
2. If you thought we played up to the standard that 2013 team had set in that UCF game, you weren't paying a lick of attention that season. And to excuse a 10-point loss (that wasn't even that close) in a game we were favored to win by 17 points in such a flippant way shows how little objectivity (and ultimately, credibility) you have on this topic.
3. Fair enough. But I doubt very seriously you would actually have this reaction if Matt Rhule took a job for in-state rival in our own conference. That's not going to happen, though, so it's a moot point.

You and others infer so much meaning from Baylor's loss to UCF that season. That matchup was an incredible let down for us - heck we were favored by 17. The game was pretty meaningless for us. It's a huge statement game for UCF. You see many inexplicable performances every bowl season (I.e. Georgia's loss to Texas). It's one meaningless game, and yet we're still talking about our loss to UCF years later as if it signaled something of importance.
Coming off our first Big 12 Championship and it was our first BCS Bowl Game berth to show Baylor was for real and to make a statement no matter who we were playing. But the HC decided to flirt with Texas, distracts the whole team, who seem to come out unfocused and just lay an egg on national TV during a big time game. It wasn't meaningless, Baylor wasn't some Blue Blood snubbed from the BCS National Championship Game and didn't care, it was a big time game that was supposed to show Baylor was ready for a huge game like that...and showed that wasn't the case. To say it was meaningless is wrong and trying to cover for Briles and his flirtations with in state rivals before a very important game.
Maybe we can Hire Kirby Smart away from Georgia then with the way they laid an egg against Texas. Or maybe we can get Harbaugh since Michigan got trounced by an average (by their standards) Florida team. Michigan and Florida were probably ranked fairly similarly to Baylor and UCF going into that game.

Sure Baylor won the Big 12 that year, but UCF was probably the worst draw they could have gotten. They would get no credit for beating them (even though UCF was pretty good and had a great QB). It was an easy team to overlook, and I'm sure our players wanted a marquee team to play. It happens ALL the time in bowl season because while you may be playing for some pride, no championship of any kind is on the line, and it's been about a month since you last played a game. You can make whatever you want of it, but it doesn't change reality. I still think Georgia trounces Texas in a more meaningful game when they're not coming off a devastatingly disappointing loss and basically have nothing to play for and are more interested in keeping guys healthy.

Being left out of the Playoff when you think you should be in there is not the same as being in your first BCS game ever. That was a meaningless game to Georgia, maybe. It was not a meaningless game for Baylor. Any excuses to say it was is, again, just excusing Briles for looking at an in-state rival before a huge game.
Chuckroast
Bear8084 said:

Chuckroast said:

Bear8084 said:

Chuckroast said:

bear2be2 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

bear2be2 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

George Truett said:

PrideBU said:

Being left out of the Playoff when you think you should be in there is not the same as being in your first BCS game ever. That was a meaningless game to Georgia, maybe. It was not a meaningless game for Baylor. Any excuses to say it was is, again, just excusing Briles for looking at an in-state rival before a huge game.

So you're basically saying we lost because of a lack of focus caused by CAB entertaining the Texas job . . . maybe that had an impact - I don't know. I still would never fault a guy for considering all his options. I may be way off, but I never got the sense that he wanted to leave.
Bear8084
Chuckroast said:

Bear8084 said:

Chuckroast said:

Bear8084 said:

Chuckroast said:

bear2be2 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

bear2be2 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

George Truett said:

PrideBU said:

So you're basically saying we lost because of a lack of focus caused by CAB entertaining the Texas job . . . maybe that had an impact - I don't know. I still would never fault a guy for considering all his options. I may be way off, but I never got the sense that he wanted to leave.

It for sure didn't help the situation. When you have the school president pleading Baylor fans to beg Briles to stay, that is quite a big distraction.

Maybe some players didn't take is seriously either, thinking they would just push over UCF, but it had to have been a huge game for them. They had all the big BCS Bowl bragging rights to play for, no matter who they were playing.
Chuckroast
Bear8084 said:

Chuckroast said:

Bear8084 said:

Chuckroast said:

Bear8084 said:

Chuckroast said:

bear2be2 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

bear2be2 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

George Truett said:

PrideBU said:

It for sure didn't help the situation. When you have the school president pleading Baylor fans to beg Briles to stay, that is quite a big distraction.

Maybe some players didn't take is seriously either, thinking they would just push over UCF, but it had to have been a huge game for them. They had all the big BCS Bowl bragging rights to play for, no matter who they were playing.

The thing is, nobody remembers we lost that game but us. The public remembers that we were really good back then, I don't think our credibility was at stake except maybe with a few trolls from our closest rivals
REX
bear2be2 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

bear2be2 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

George Truett said:

PrideBU said:

1. Check out the SEC coaching changes the last 20 years
Chuckroast
REX said:

bear2be2 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

bear2be2 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

George Truett said:

PrideBU said:

No kidding! Saban being Exhibit 1 since he won national championships with two different SEC west schools.
YoakDaddy
Thee University said:

YoakDaddy said:

Thee University said:

YoakDaddy said:

How many victims didn't receive the care they needed or were required by law to receive because of being "asleep at the wheel"? Again...how many regents resigned and how many exec admins were fired as a result of their incompetence outside of Starr and Athletics? Rolling off the board isn't the same as holding themselves and each other accountable and accepting consequences.

That's a better question for them because it's obvious from 10 out 13 pages from the FoF and 105 Recommendations that they haven't.

Kinda looks like they whiffed big time on No. 1 by not stewarding that "caring community" then fulked up bigger on No. 6 "Provide oversight, and review and approve strategies, policies and plans for ensuring legal and ethical compliance with all applicable internal and external rules and federal, state and local laws and regulations, institute effective controls to identify and address problems;"

Proving your point?

I must have missed the part where the BOR is responsible for the Athletic Department.

CTE must be taking its toll on your brain or you missed reading comprehension. Go back and re-read #6 slowly this time. I even quoted it for you. BTW....compliance with legal requirements applies across the university, not just athletics.

You proved my point exactly by that attachment.
YoakDaddy
SATXBear said:

YoakDaddy said:

SATXBear said:

YoakDaddy said:

SATXBear said:

YoakDaddy said:

SATXBear said:

Dman said:

YoakDaddy said:

SATXBear said:

YoakDaddy said:

SATXBear said:

YoakDaddy said:

SATXBear said:

YoakDaddy said:

SATXBear said:

YoakDaddy said:

SATXBear said:

YoakDaddy said:

SATXBear said:

YoakDaddy said:

SATXBear said:

Thee University said:

rileyroo said:

Here is what I believe:

1) Our board of regents knew that BU screwed up by not having an adequate Title IX office in place (and that they were partially responsible). They proceeded to clean house to distract from their inadequacies.

2) BU failed some women and didn't want the facts to come out (so they opened the university pocket books and bought their silence). For that, I say shame on our University.

3) Art was not a bad man and took for the fall for many of the university failures. He is not completely blameless, but the hysteria about him was over the top.

4) BU took chances on athletes, but the same thing is done by all universities.

The saddest part of all of this is that we will probably never know the truth. The media posted outrageous statements over and over and the public bought it. We are forever labeled as the "rape" university. Where are all of the gang rapists? Why haven't they been prosecuted?

If anything good came out of this, it is that BU finally realized that they are a major university and cannot pretend to be a vacation bible school anymore. We have real problems.

It is too bad that Briles and company cannot ever tell their story without being dragged throught the mud again. I hope he gets to coach again because I believe in second chances and I truly believe that we didn't hear the whole story. I refuse to judge someone without knowing the facts in their entirety. I would want the same if I was accused of something so egregious.
Well congratulations poindexter. You judged without FACTS in their entirety. Thanks for telling us what you believe.

#1. Blame Ian instead of the BOR.
#2. That is a wild-@$$ed guess on your part. Who failed the women? Who bought silence?
#3. Art was a bad man for not doing his entire job and bringing in a cancerous element to his team. He built it. He drove it until it overheated, pulled to the side of the road with a strange smoke wafting out from underneath the Yugo, hopped out of the green and gold car and into the burnt orange Cadillac. Unfortunately for him the Caddy never had any intention of taking him to Austin.
#4 Great. Blame it all on the other schools. Baylor has made a few mistakes over the years but for the most part either vetted the bad apples out prior to arrival or let them go after one or two strikes.

We have a chance to shed the "rape U" image you mentioned above. We are working on it but it appears we earned a great deal of it.

My point you ask? You did a lot of judging without knowing the facts in their entirety.

His items 1 and 2 are utter nonsenses and is something repeated frequently on this free board.

Not only is it judging, but also lunacy.

Not lunacy; truth. Riley's #1 and #2 are true. 1) There was a Baylor commissioned study done by Margolis-Healy in 2014 specifically outlining our T9 deficiencies and non-compliance. That's why Patty Crawford was hired. The BOFR dang sure knew. 2) There were women coming out of the shadows to report SA claims with one going as far back as 1997. You bet the checkbook was open.

And that is why Starr was fired. He refused to implement title 9 reform. PH report helped expose more problems, so people got fired. No cover up.

No shlt, Sherlock. Old news. To Riley's point, "Our board of regents knew that BU screwed up by not having an adequate Title IX office in place (and that they were partially responsible). They proceeded to clean house to distract from their inadequacies." that you said was false is definitely true as I noted above with the regents knowing about T9 non-compliance through the 2014 Margolis-Healy report. Compliance was not a top priority (it was a Tier2 priority according to depos) and they didn't hold Starr accountable for 2 years until they fired him. Yeah, the verbal PH presentation identified even more.

Wrong again. They cleaned house to get rid of people not doing their job. You really love living in the crazy conspiracy world, don't you.

Hold on there, Clueless. If we cleaned house, why are Jackson, Holmes, Murdock, McCraw, and MLS still employed? RR and TLD are riding off into the sunset with no accountability while Livingstone herself stated in a recent article, "If you look at the actual changes that have taken place on campus, the vast majority of them were not related to the athletic department," she said. "Clearly the university understood that this was a much broader issue."

Just from the timeline below for Tevin Elliott, it's documented that 5 folks in leadership knew of allegations against him and watched him for >6 months before Briles was notified of the breadth of TE's activities. And that's not to mention a BOFR that knew of T9 non-compliances in 2014 with recommendations to fix.

So we've got documentation:
- October 5, 2011 email showing Doak and RR knew TE was "assaulting young women" (note the plural used from report)
- November 7, 2011 email noting that administration (Murdock, McCraw, and Martha Lou) knew of TE's "assaults" (note plural used from report),
- November 2011 football told of "an incident" (note singular used from report-unwanted contact)
- TE allegedly rapes a student on 4/15/12,
- Administration fully notifies football program on 4/25/12,
- Football program suspends Elliott on 4/27/12 the same day they learn Waco PD wants a cheek swab for their investigation.

From dated documents it appears football was never notified of breadth of the situation until 4/25/12. It further appears to me that that the clown show of RR, Doak, Murdock, McCraw, Martha Lou, were the problem. That's 5 senior folks in the administration that knew and did nothing. IMO they need to do time with TE. Fulking shameful!

You must be one of the attorneys sueing Baylor? It is common knowledge that a hundred employees in administration were relieved of duties after the scandal. What is your point? At least the BOR finally woke up and made serious changes.

Name one regent that resigned or one exec admin fired as a result of this scandal. Name just one.

Come over to the pay board. The mods have posted that many administrative people have been turned over since 2016. Also, many BOR members prior to 2014 are gone. The BOR that handled the 2016 scandal were just firemen putting out problems of the past. Maybe you should quit hating the school. Did you even attend Baylor?

You can't even name one outside of Athletics and Starr. Referral to the pay side is no way to live life kid. Research for yourself; ask serious questions. Baylor taught us to question.

BTW...I don't hate Baylor. I love Baylor; she's is in my genetic code so to speak. I am not a lawyer. I am a Baylor alum that's ashamed as to how our "leaders" treated victims, failed to deal with serious issues head-on, and refused to accept accountability and consequences then proclaimed "Christian Mission" when actions said otherwise. I'm happy that we're getting better, but we've still got decades of work to repair shattered lives and Baylor's reputation.

I can't help you anymore young man.

You never did.

If you consider yourself a friend of Baylor, she does not need enemies.

I'm heritage-alumni of Baylor. It's not about being an enemy; it's about stepping up and accepting accountability and consequences for all involved in our failures. Our scandal was not 100% football/athletics related. If you think I'm an enemy, go to your safe space, snowflake. Head in the sand, never question mentality is a huge reason why we are where we are. Adios.

So let me get this straight. According to SA.."friends
Of Baylor" look at this body of leaders who were
In charge of Baylor during the biggest University wide scandal (not just football), that has cost hundreds of milllions of dollars..who were reprimanded by their own FoF for meddling, conflicts, mismanagement, lack of oversight....I could go on. And then say "atta boy! Great job! Keep up the good work! Baylor is in great hands". Those are the friends.

"Enemies" of Baylor, those who step up and say..wow. These guys were asleep at the wheel. They needed a scandal that cost hundreds of millions of dollars and public black eye, and being under the public microscope and scrutiny to initiate MUCH needed reform, much of it aimed at them specifically. Maybe we can do better. We have qualified alternatives. You don't get to be a part of the problem and the solution. Those are the enemies?!

Who loves Baylor?

Nope. You misinterpret me.

Prior to 2015, the BOR were asleep at the wheel. After 2015, the BOR finally woke up and paid attention. Many of the BOR prior to 2015 were gone by 2016. Since 2016, several on the BOR have transitioned off and a hundred from the administration and athletic departments are gone. Just ask the moderators.

It seems like you and Yoak wake up everyday breathing fire and looking for a fight. Keep bashing our school and being haters if that makes you happy.

What does any of this have to do with Dr. Livingston's current administration and the current BOR? You are going to drive yourself crazy trying to seek some kind of revenge on an internet site. You are like Don Quixote...lol.

The answer is 0. No regents have resigned and nobody from Pat Neff was fired as a result of our massive fulk up besides Starr and athletics. As you can see from the regent's charge that Thee provided, they obviously didn't live up to their commitment and refuse to accept accountability. I can't believe Baylor issued you a degree or you missed those classes where you were taught to question and research.

It is common knowledge that Athletics, Admin, and BOR all screwed up prior to 2015. You are wrong. Admin, Athletics, and BOR all had replacements. Why don't you check in with our moderators. You are wrong on so many accounts. 100 employees in admin/athletics were removed over two years. Keep sticking your head in the sand though. You are not worth engaging.

Yes, it's common knowledge they all screwed up. Do your reasearch dumbas. 0 board resignations and 0 fired outside of Starr and athletics. Telling me to check with somebody else is weak. You're just the kind of alum, yet you're so ignorant that I'm not convinced you are, that regents want....one who doesn't question. Adios.

Funny how you have no data to support anything you say. It does not matter anyway, because Baylor has moved on without you.

I can't help it if you haven't done the research.

?cid=19f5b51a5c60d0b13939676e630ff31f
Thee University
YoakDaddy said:

CTE must be taking its toll on your brain or you missed reading comprehension. Go back and re-read #6 slowly this time. I even quoted it for you. BTW....compliance with legal requirements applies across the university, not just athletics.

I still don't see Athletic Department in there.

Provide oversight, and review and approve strategies, policies and plans for ensuring legal and ethical compliance with all applicable internal and external rules and federal, state and local laws and regulations, institute effective controls to identify and address problems; and defer to the President and administrative staff to manage day-to-day business. Regents should retain the Board's independence from external and internal stakeholders in the conduct of the Board's oversight and policy responsibilities. Regents should also annually complete self-study in board governance and remain knowledgeable on higher education matters such as Association of Governing Boards publications, Chronicle of Higher Education, etc.
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
Chuckroast
YoakDaddy said:

Thee University said:

YoakDaddy said:

Thee University said:

YoakDaddy said:

Proving your point?

I think in Thee's worldview, the athletic department operates independently from the university. Therefore, the coach is solely responsible for all compliance matters within athletics and is also solely responsible for admissions decisions of athletes. Therefore, the regents oversee the university but not the athletic department. By the way, if Baylor ever allowed itself to operate this way, it's on them, not on the coach.
bear2be2
Chuckroast said:

REX said:

bear2be2 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

bear2be2 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

George Truett said:

PrideBU said:

No kidding! Saban being Exhibit 1 since he won national championships with two different SEC west schools.
Saban didn't leave LSU for Alabama. He left LSU for the NFL and returned to the college game at Alabama. That's not remotely applicable to what we're talking about here with Art.

Tommy Tuberville (a career job-hopper) and Dan Mullen would have been better examples, but again, those types of moves are exceptions to the rule.
YoakDaddy
Thee University said:

YoakDaddy said:

I still don't see Athletic Department in there.

Provide oversight, and review and approve strategies, policies and plans for ensuring legal and ethical compliance with all applicable internal and external rules and federal, state and local laws and regulations, institute effective controls to identify and address problems; and defer to the President and administrative staff to manage day-to-day business. Regents should retain the Board's independence from external and internal stakeholders in the conduct of the Board's oversight and policy responsibilities. Regents should also annually complete self-study in board governance and remain knowledgeable on higher education matters such as Association of Governing Boards publications, Chronicle of Higher Education, etc.

So the Athletics department isn't part of the University? That Briles was operating a disciplinary system outside of the university's was one of the justifications for his firing. Dam you're dumber than I thought.
YoakDaddy
Chuckroast said:

YoakDaddy said:

Thee University said:

YoakDaddy said:

Thee University said:

YoakDaddy said:

Proving your point?

I think in Thee's worldview, the athletic department operates independently from the university. Therefore, the coach is solely responsible for all compliance matters within athletics and is also solely responsible for admissions decisions of athletes. Therefore, the regents oversee the university but not the athletic department. By the way, if Baylor ever allowed itself to operate this way, it's on them, not on the coach.

And that was the BOFR's mistake day 1 in spotlighting Athletics for university-wide problems. They can't avoid accountability when the charge to which they committed by their signature clearly states they are to, "Provide oversight, and review and approve strategies, policies and plans for ensuring legal and ethical compliance with all applicable internal and external rules and federal, state and local laws and regulations, institute effective controls to identify and address problems;"
xiledinok
The athletics department made the headlines and had extremely high and abnormal incident numbers compared to the rest of the school.
Art's dumb decisions not to kick a few guys off and act like he had an ounce of class would have prevented the problems.
Art wanted it his way like a king.
Now, he'll go through the rest of his life as a small town legend who took college football by storm (for just two seasons), only to be caught up in a scandal brought on by his players, discipline and unwillingness to take responsibility.
No one outside the bubble or the robe's tribal villages care about forgiveness or whatever his Baptist supporters believe he should get. People want him held responsible and they haven't seen him act sincerely since his firing.
Art sues for his own cause, makes comments to the media for his own cause, takes no efforts to control those are associated with him and scratches his head in disbelief every time he gets shot down trying to coach again.
Thee University
Chuckroast said:

You knuckleheads thought the BOR ran the Athletic Department??????

They used to. A very large part of the reason the BU Athletic Department got so good over the years is that these folks were cut out of most of the decision making.

Dumb$h!tS!!!! Who said the coach is SOLELY responsible for ALL compliance matters and SOLELY responsible for admissions decisions???????? You guys are dumber than me! CTE gives me an excuse. What is yours?

Thee University
YoakDaddy said:

Thee University said:

So the Athletics department isn't part of the University? That Briles was operating a disciplinary system outside of the university's was one of the justifications for his firing. Dam you're dumber than I thought.

Discipline? By Art?

Surely you jest!

See post above. It applies to you too knucklehead.
Keyser Soze
YoakDaddy said:

Chuckroast said:

YoakDaddy said:

Thee University said:

YoakDaddy said:

Thee University said:

YoakDaddy said:

Proving your point?

And that was the BOFR's mistake day 1 in spotlighting Athletics for university-wide problems. They can't avoid accountability when the charge to which they committed by their signature clearly states they are to, "Provide oversight, and review and approve strategies, policies and plans for ensuring legal and ethical compliance with all applicable internal and external rules and federal, state and local laws and regulations, institute effective controls to identify and address problems;"

So untrue.

You have said you don't just want a scalp, but you act otherwise. Your only vision of accountability is public resignations followed by a Game of Thrones shame march.

YoakDaddy
Keyser Soze said:

YoakDaddy said:

Chuckroast said:

YoakDaddy said:

Thee University said:

YoakDaddy said:

Thee University said:

YoakDaddy said:

Proving your point?

So untrue.

You have said you don't just want a scalp, but you act otherwise. Your only vision of accountability is public resignations followed by a Game of Thrones shame march.

Did the regents go the press and spotlight exec admin failures and any firings for the other 90%? I must have missed where regents held each other and exec admins outside of Starr accountable. To put it your way, not all scalps were taken.....to put it my way, not everyone responsible for our systemic failures has been held accountable.

Never seen Game of Thrones. If there's a shame walk, there are several who need to take it.
YoakDaddy
Thee University said:

YoakDaddy said:

Thee University said:

Discipline? By Art?

Surely you jest!

You're dumbas responses are the gift that keeps giving. I'm shocked Baylor issued you a degree. You proved my point once again that Athletics is not solely responsible for compliance.
Keyser Soze
YoakDaddy said:

Keyser Soze said:

YoakDaddy said:

Chuckroast said:

YoakDaddy said:

Thee University said:

YoakDaddy said:

Thee University said:

YoakDaddy said:

Proving your point?

So untrue.

Did the regents go the press and spotlight exec admin failures and any firings for the other 90%? I must have missed where regents held each other and exec admins outside of Starr accountable. To put it your way, not all scalps were taken.....to put it my way, not everyone responsible for our systemic failures has been held accountable.

Never seen Game of Thrones. If there's a shame walk, there are several who need to take it.
Just FYI

Thee University
YoakDaddy said:

Thee University said:

YoakDaddy said:

Thee University said:

Discipline? By Art?

Surely you jest!

You're dumbas responses are the gift that keeps giving. I'm shocked Baylor issued you a degree. You proved my point once again that Athletics is not solely responsible for compliance.

Quit crying.

Anybody with daddy at the end of their screen name deserves to be embarrassed, embarrass themselves and to get pole-axed here regularly every time you open your liberal pie hole.

Good grief man. Get off your knees and walk upright again. 2.5 years on your knees gnashing your little nubbin teeth together over the big, bad wolf BOR is very TSTI ish.

You've got Ian in your mouth and Art on your keister. Stand up I say.
Keyser Soze
YoakDaddy said:

Keyser Soze said:

YoakDaddy said:

Chuckroast said:

YoakDaddy said:

Thee University said:

YoakDaddy said:

Thee University said:

YoakDaddy said:

Proving your point?

So untrue.

A very public mea culpa is accountability by most standards, just not your standards. That mea culpa was the FofF and there was zero obligation to put that out for public consumption. They did. That is just not good enough for you and that likely would not even exist if not for a football coach being fired.

Reverend
Life is hard. For Thee it's even harder! Lol!!
Chuckroast
Thee University said:

Chuckroast said:

You knuckleheads thought the BOR ran the Athletic Department??????

They used to. A very large part of the reason the BU Athletic Department got so good over the years is that these folks were cut out of most of the decision making.

Dumb$h!tS!!!! Who said the coach is SOLELY responsible for ALL compliance matters and SOLELY responsible for admissions decisions???????? You guys are dumber than me! CTE gives me an excuse. What is yours?

I never suggested the BOR runs the athletics department, but they oversee the administration that runs the school and should be running the athletics department. Some of you kept commenting that the bad decisions made by our players were foreseeable because of the types of players Briles was bringing to the team. I one time commented that the school's admissions department should ultimately be responsible for making decisions on which student athletes are admitted to school, and you basically commented that I had no understanding of how admissions work and that the coach essentially gets who he wants. If that's how it works at Baylor, then that's a problem with Baylor's administration, not with the coach. I know for a fact that is not how it works at other private universities.
Keyser Soze

It is not admitting higher risk players that was the problem. It is not watching them once they arrived. If you want to be second chance U you have to provide structure and guidance to those risk. Briles wasn't interest in the off the field part of the job and it was ignored. That structure high risk players needed didn't exist and the covering of their rules violations lead to his downfall.

xiledinok
Shill was Power 5's worst handler.
Briles needed wins (for more money).
Ian was a light weight and carries a Bible to create the illusion of competency.
Starr was asleep dreaming of catching the Clintons.
RR...known commodity years before Art screwed up (the most dangerous man on campus).
Doak...if you didn't know early upon arriving at Baylor that those badges were bad news, you found out the hard way. Typically, campus cops are jv police departments..VA, Medical and MPs give the varsity badges a bad name.
Oakman...known commodity pre arrival.
Rogue former and then serving Baptist regent country club members.

I don't believe in those above. Whine away robe touchers.
YoakDaddy
Thee University said:

YoakDaddy said:

Thee University said:

YoakDaddy said:

Thee University said:

Discipline? By Art?

Surely you jest!

Quit crying.

Anybody with daddy at the end of their screen name deserves to be embarrassed, embarrass themselves and to get pole-axed here regularly every time you open your liberal pie hole.

Good grief man. Get off your knees and walk upright again. 2.5 years on your knees gnashing your little nubbin teeth together over the big, bad wolf BOR is very TSTI ish.

It's funny after I've proven you wrong with a document that you provided, that that's all you've got?!?? Appears to me you are a pro about being on your knees.
YoakDaddy
Keyser Soze said:

YoakDaddy said:

Keyser Soze said:

YoakDaddy said:

Chuckroast said:

YoakDaddy said:

Thee University said:

YoakDaddy said:

Thee University said:

YoakDaddy said:

Proving your point?

So untrue.

A very public mea culpa is accountability by most standards, just not your standards. That mea culpa was the FofF and there was zero obligation to put that out for public consumption. They did. That is just not good enough for you and that likely would not even exist if not for a football coach being fired.

So they didn't have to publicize? The 90% appreciates your honesty about not being obligated. And consequences for the remainder at fault?
Chuckroast
Keyser Soze said:

It is not admitting higher risk players that was the problem. It is not watching them once they arrived. If you want to be second chance U you have to provide structure and guidance to those risk. Briles wasn't interest in the off the field part of the job and it was ignored. That structure high risk players needed didn't exist and the covering of their rules violations lead to his downfall.

I don't disagree with you about the need to provide guidance, etc. after a student comes to school. I just don't agree that his alleged covering for certain conduct ever rose to anything even close to what he is now accused of.

Briles allegedly wanted to keep a freshman who violated the drinking policy away from judicial affairs. That is not even in the same universe of the sexual assault tolerating public perception of Briles.

Again, I don't want to argue with you over whether his termination was justified. If the administration wanted to fire Briles for covering up minor infractions, that is their prerogative. I just don't think that gives Baylor a license to nurture a public narrative that Briles looked the other way on sexual assault. That is disgraceful.

Keyser Soze
YoakDaddy said:

Keyser Soze said:

YoakDaddy said:

Keyser Soze said:

YoakDaddy said:

Chuckroast said:

YoakDaddy said:

Thee University said:

YoakDaddy said:

Thee University said:

YoakDaddy said:

Proving your point?

So untrue.

So they didn't have to publicize? The 90% appreciates your honesty about not being obligated. And consequences for the remainder at fault?

Most business record something in a performance evaluation and / HR files. The employee is educated trained and behavior is changed or altered or the next round of performance evaluations results in termination or demotion. Most businesses as well as college and universities don't make this public. In fact there are some laws making protecting privacy that even prevent this.

Also lost in this discussion if the fact that most of the problems related to the admin side are the absence of people to do a job, not people doing a job wrong. When you have three people in a T9 department and you need eight to do the job things go wrong. You don't fire people in the T9 department - you hire the additional personnel. That was true for numerous departments.

Bethany McCraw and the Judicial Affairs staff hand their normal duties just fine. At one point in time T9 was handed to them in addition to what they had been doing well. They were not trained properly for T9 and did some things poorly. In 2014 when they hired a full time T9 coordinator, this was removed from JA and they went back to doing what they always did, by all accounts well. Most would not do thing to McCraw and the JA staff - what do you want? *

*side note - several errors and omissions in you Tevin Elliot 2011-2012 timeline

Thee University
Chuckroast said:

I never suggested the BOR runs the athletics department, but they oversee the administration that runs the school and should be running the athletics department. Some of you kept commenting that the bad decisions made by our players were foreseeable because of the types of players Briles was bringing to the team. I one time commented that the school's admissions department should ultimately be responsible for making decisions on which student athletes are admitted to school, and you basically commented that I had no understanding of how admissions work and that the coach essentially gets who he wants. If that's how it works at Baylor, then that's a problem with Baylor's administration, not with the coach. I know for a fact that is not how it works at other private universities.
Are you kidding me???

Admissions has ZERO say if a coach wants a football player bad enough. It is similar to how grades got changed to keep some of Art's players on board.

It is both a coach and administration problem.
Thee University
YoakDaddy said:

Thee University said:

Quit crying.

It's funny after I've proven you wrong with a document that you provided, that that's all you've got?!?? Appears to me you are a pro about being on your knees.

You've PROVEN nothing! The BOR had nothing to do with the Athletic Department and that is why we started winning. Across nearly all sports. Take the preachers and lawyers out of the equation and see what happened.

If Art had monitored his "AT RISK" kids none of this would have happened.

As a matter of fact, I have yet to see where you have been correct on anything. Give it up! Wait a minute...................that is what you are doing for Art and Ian.
xiledinok
Thee University said:

Chuckroast said:

Are you kidding me???

Admissions has ZERO say if a coach wants a football player bad enough. It is similar to how grades got changed to keep some of Art's players on board.

It is both a coach and administration problem.

Thee it's hard for some to fathom because they are accustomed to the principle \ head coach just spanking the kids when they get out of hand. They think if he's just the coach, he is not responsible. Good luck with them.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.