Football
Sponsored by

Upon a nights sleep and thinking about the new yellow direction we're going....

19,008 Views | 132 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Brian Ethridge
CorsicanaBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Quote:

t's still the school colors.
It's the colors Lilley put in in 2007 not our historical colors. Various greens have been worn, that nasty yellow never has. Wear the green, and white with a real gold helmet and all is well.
Illigitimus non carborundum
Bubear2020
Do you really think I'm overly worried about grammar on here?
Also I don't have her registering me for classes because I'm independent enough on my own unlike some of your kids who you might as well hold their hand going to the bathroom since you do everything else for them
Bubear2020
In case you haven't seen this.
https://www2.baylor.edu/baylorproud/2017/03/why-are-green-and-gold-baylors-official-school-colors/
CorsicanaBear
I note that post was made in 2017. Have never heard that story before, and would be interested in its provenance, given when it popped up and where. There are almost always apocryphal stories surrounding the beginnings of traditions.

Even if true, the colors of a meadow do not match the Pantone colors in question, especially the yellow. It also does not change the fact that we have historically, for 75 years or so, worn a metallic gold helmet on the football field and never worn all yellow uniforms. The yellow is a flat dismissal of our uniform tradition.
Illigitimus non carborundum
PartyBear
Vegas gold or whatever the hell its Pantone is was the "gold" on the website until 2008, when Lilley's campaign began. You can google image roundups from the turn of the 20th century to get an idea of original intent just in case the terms for the colors chosen "green" and "gold" aren't enough evidence alone for the original intent of the school colors.

Incidentally and the interesting irony is the mustard color appears in photos darker and has more orange tint than what is listed as the official school color on the web page some of you view as a holy grail authority on this topic which is the "championship gold". The helmet certainly wasn't the same color as the championship gold bench at McLane it was sitting on for a photo I saw posted here.
BaylorRocks
DubDub said:

I'm out.

Not renewing tickets, not continuing student foundation endowment, canceling life insurance policy.

This school is going a different direction.

It no longer cares about the alumn nor the past greatness of what it once was.

Congrats Baylor, you forced me out with your desire to go yellow.

It wasn't that alone, it was just the last straw.

Was it worth it? That's about 1mil lump when I die, and about 15k a year.

Don't worry, I won't let the door hit me.
What do we all expect....no one should be surprised......when you put a female in a job that is for a man.
RR/BV
Heck win 11+ games every year and they can show up butt naked, and I would care a less
chorne68
I just watched the Duke game and we were wearing the dull army green and gray uniforms. Boy were they ugly. The new uniforms are an improvement. I do like the old black ones.
Bear8084
zunooreo said:

DubDub said:

I'm out.

Not renewing tickets, not continuing student foundation endowment, canceling life insurance policy.

What do we all expect....no one should be surprised......when you put a female in a job that is for a man.

Lol!!! Just...no.
whitetrash
BaylorRocks
Guy Noir said:

Actually, many of us old alumni are tired of you arrogant folks that claim to know everything and want to run off anyone who is an independent thinker so that you can claim that you are great leaders while Baylor is following other schools down a path of mediocrity.

I have 15 years experience at a University that has made excellent progress toward being a top tier research university. I owned season tickets through the Steele/Morris era.

I was merely backing up the claim that the Baylor Leadership does not readily listen to alumni. Are you disputing that claim, or are you debating the item with your ad hominem attacks? I can accept the new colors scheme but I reserve the right to call it ugly.
Bubear2020
Every sport with the exception of football has been wearing that color for years. Just recently men's basketball went to the highlighter which definitely is not a school color. So football was really the only one doing their own thing. I know every once and again the metallic gold would pop up but for the most part it was yellow.
Bubear2020
You gross misogynistic punk
BaylorRocks
Bubear2020 said:

You gross misogynistic punk
Wow. And exactly how did you reach that conclusion simply through Sic'em365 posts, Sparky? Go make a friend please.

The following traits are typical of the misogynist:
[ol]
  • He will zero in on a woman and choose her as his target. Her natural defenses may be down because he's flirtatious, exciting, fun, and charismatic at first.
  • As time goes on, he begins to reveal a Jekyll & Hyde personality. He may change quickly from irresistible to rude, and from rude back to irresistible.
  • He will make promises to women and often fail to keep them. With men, on the other hand, he will almost always keep his word.
  • He will be late for appointments and dates with women, but be quite punctual with men.
  • His behavior toward women in general is grandiose, cocky, controlling, and self-centered.
  • He is extremely competitive, especially with women. If a woman does better than him socially or professionally, he feels terrible. If a man does better, he may have mixed feelings about it but he is able to look at the situation objectively.
  • He will unknowingly treat women differently from men in workplace and social settings, allowing men various liberties for which he will criticize female colleagues or friends.
  • He will be prepared (unconsciously) to use anything within his power to make women feel miserable. He may demand sex or withhold sex in his relationships, make jokes about women or put them down in public, "borrow" their ideas in professional contexts without giving them credit, or borrow money from them without paying them back.
  • On a date, he will treat a woman the opposite of how she prefers. If she is an old-style lady who prefers a "gentleman" who holds the door for her, orders for both and pays for the meal, he will treat her like one of his male buddies, order for himself, and let her pay for the whole meal if she offers (and sometimes even if she doesn't). If she is a more independent type who prefers to order her own meal and pay for herself, he will rudely order for both and pay the check while she goes to the bathroom.
  • Sexually, he likes to control women and gives little or no attention to their sexual pleasure. Foreplay, if it occurs at all, is only a necessary means to an end. He likes oral sex but only as a recipient. His favorite positions enable him to avoid looking the woman in her eyes.
  • He will cheat on women he is dating or in a relationship with. Monogamy is the last thing he feels he owes a woman.
  • He may suddenly disappear from a relationship without ending it, but may come back three months later with an explanation designed to lure the woman back in.
  • [/ol]
    CaliforniaGlowin
    OldSchoolBU said:

today on the internet, I read a post about a "fan" refusing to support his "team" because he didn't like the uniforms! I swear we have some low T fans.
    I can see that. I started liking teams because of their uniforms (MBB) and I would be disappointed if they changed them (now). Doesn't mean I'm dumping them but that's the way the sports world is now.
    Bubear2020
    Your fifth point describes it. Our president is exactly where SHE needs to be. SHE was also a D1 athlete. Saying a female for male job is just so gross. There's no such thing as gender determined jobs. If you believe that you're just as bad as he is
    PartyBear
    Bubear2020 said:

Every sport with the exception of football has been wearing that color for years. Just recently men's basketball went to the highlighter which definitely is not a school color. So football was really the only one doing their own thing. I know every once and again the metallic gold would pop up but for the most part it was yellow.

Not true the lady bears, the softball team and prior to Drew men's hoops wore the Vegas gold. When we went with Nike across the board the men's hoops returned to Vegas gold for a season then went high lighter. Incidentally the new yellow is not the same one we used to use and which is on the website some of y'all view as something sacrosanct unless they changed the website again for the new color. Championship gold is not this dark orangish yellow.
    oldjarhead
    I am not resistant to change, but please let's at the very least, use the school colors. Forest green and GOLD. Not mustard yellow. Gag!
    jdrs
    zunooreo said:

DubDub said:

I'm out.

"when you put a female in a job that is for a man." Really? I am assuming you are speaking about the President of Baylor? That job should only be for a man? Unreal thinking.
    Brian Ethridge
    Staff
    PartyBear said:

Bubear2020 said:

Not true the lady bears, the softball team and prior to Drew men's hoops wore the Vegas gold. When we went with Nike across the board the men's hoops returned to Vegas gold for a season then went high lighter. Incidentally the new yellow is not the same one we used to use and which is on the website some of y'all view as something sacrosanct unless they changed the website again for the new color. Championship gold is not this dark orangish yellow.
    Did you see it in person or just through a lens and screen?
    bear2be2
    Bubear2020 said:

I've seen this said many times, but it's really not true. Mulkey's teams consistently wore traditional gold, including for both of her first two national titles. And if you google, "Baylor volleyball uniforms" and/or "Baylor softball uniforms," you'll see a lot more gold than yellow.

The only major team sport program that has consistently worn the yellow we've recently switched to is baseball, and that could well be because Steve Smith was here for 20 years and liked that color better.

For the record, I have no problem with switching to yellow. I just get tired of people acting like there's some sort of long-standing precedent for wearing that color over gold. It's been an official school color for less than two decades, and football is far from our only program to wear real gold since then.
    bear2be2
    Bubear2020 said:

Your fifth point describes it. Our president is exactly where SHE needs to be. SHE was also a D1 athlete. Saying a female for male job is just so gross. There's no such thing as gender determined jobs. If you believe that you're just as bad as he is
    Yeah, that's pretty much the definition of misogyny there. There is literally nothing in the university president job description that requires a ***** to do well.
    PartyBear
    Brian Ethridge said:

PartyBear said:

Bubear2020 said:

It was a photo of the new mustard helmet sitting on a championship gold bench at McLane. They appeared to be two different colors.
    Brian Ethridge
    Staff
    PartyBear said:

Brian Ethridge said:

PartyBear said:

Bubear2020 said:

It was a photo of the new mustard helmet sitting on a championship gold bench at McLane. They appeared to be two different colors.
    Weathering of the bleachers would show two different colors
    SSadler
    PartyBear said:

whitetrash said:

Just remember: if we win 3 games this fall, it will double the number of wins in BU history while wearing mustard yellow.

Did anyone ever think we would see a Beall uni again? I'm sure at some point during the crayola box era we will wear yellow pants green shirt and white helmet at McClane. Crappy.
    mmmmmm !!!! Party said the "Beall" word!

Dia del DougO
    I won't be satisfied until they bring back the traditional leather helmets.
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."
    Bubear2020
    If you go back and look the only men's sport to have spotted the Vegas gold was football not Baseball, Basketball or Tennis etc. Basketball did their highlighter thing but those cams following wearing a traditional green and gold. Tweety carter Corey Jefferson era. Softball, women's basketball and volleyball all wore the gold were switching back to. Women's sports were really the only ones to use the Vegas gold anytime before football did and that ways only softball and women's basketball doing it. Also every sport that no one probably goes to watch wears the gold were switching back to. I.e. track, tennis, golf, etc. If you have a desire you can google pictures of the teams and find them in jerseys wearing the gold that's coming.
    PartyBear
    Look further back than Drew for God's sake. Men's hoops wore vegas gold several years before the Drew era and wore them again one season under Drew actually a few years ago when Nike first took over the athletic department. The next season after that they went highlighter under Nike.
    Brian Ethridge
    Staff
    PartyBear said:

Look further back than Drew for God's sake. Men's hoops wore vegas gold several years before the Drew era and wore them again one season under Drew actually a few years ago when Nike first took over the athletic department. The next season after that they went highlighter under Nike.

Nike didn't have an all-sport contract until 2017.

subscribe Verify your student status
    See Subscription Benefits
    Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.